Terry Bogard vs Haohmaru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-Geyser
Two classic SNK hero's who will the victor be...The Lone Wolf or The Samurai? I really think it would be a grueling, fight but I think Terry will win in the end.

SaTsuJiN
while I really dont know Haomaru's feats... from playing as him I know that he does slow powerful strikes that are easy to block.. blink .. and dodge.. his uppercut is vicious though

terry has a major range advantage as well as a distance closing advantage (power dunk / burn knuckle)... buster wolf is a good closer if the opponent has started a projectile animation (hao's is pretty slow)

P-Geyser
Haohmaru deafeated Amakusa...though with the help of the other Samurai's

Here is his Bio from Whipkea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haohmaru

I am also a fan of The Samurai Shodown Series and Haohmaru to me is up their with Terry...but I think he will lose in the end.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Gameplay wise I'll go with Haohmaru but going by the story I have no clue............ sad

SaTsuJiN
lol.. damn thats alot of skeetin'.. dont wear yourself out wink

since swords have no meaning in fighting games.. I've chosen terry

only in bushido blade they're 1 hit kills heh

shin_remy
i have no idea who could win.. he is the rival of genjuro who is very powerfull in the snk vs capcom comics.

I even don't know if Terry could defeat Genjuro, sad

P-Geyser
Please lets just concentrate on Terry and Haohmaru.

King KAM
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Please lets just concentrate on Terry and Haohmaru. why this is silly, because Terry never loses.....ever, he shouldnt beat half the men he does, but he has the hero facotr, so he does, geese, shouldve killed him.......

now Joe higashi, theres a real mans man

P-Geyser
Originally posted by King KAM
why this is silly, because Terry never loses.....ever, he shouldnt beat half the men he does, but he has the hero facotr, so he does, geese, shouldve killed him.......

now Joe higashi, theres a real mans man

Serioulsy are you trying to be stupid? I guess so. Terry NEVER loses?..may I ask where the hell did you get that from? I guess in this sense you can say the same thing about Ryu and Kyo RIGHT? Terry beat Geese on his own skill and why the hell are you coming in here and starting this sh!t and as Joe being a "mans man" I dont think so.

Hoshi
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Serioulsy are you trying to be stupid? I guess so. Terry NEVER loses?..may I ask where the hell did you get that from? I guess in this sense you can say the same thing about Ryu and Kyo RIGHT? Terry beat Geese on his own skill and why the hell are you coming in here and starting this sh!t and as Joe being a "mans man" I dont think so.

I dont know about Kyo , but RYU????Who the hell said ryu never loses??? Ryu lost some matchs , but he trained hard since each defeat

Darkstorm Zero
another thread... down the drain...

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Hoshi
I dont know about Kyo , but RYU????Who the hell said ryu never loses??? Ryu lost some matchs , but he trained hard since each defeat

I know Hoshi but since he was coming in here claiming Terry never loses because of the "Hero Factor" I wonder if he would think the same thing about other Fighting game hero's(Ryu and Kyo came to mind)

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
another thread... down the drain...

Believe me I wanted this to be a good discussion and now look what happens.

Darkstorm Zero
Gotta learn to roll with the punches, beleive me, I understand the frustration (me and Shin Remy have had some very heated arguments in the past), eventually people learn to evaluate characters based on their own merits instead of PIS and CIS...

brainchild81
Gamewise, Hoahmaru is too slow and has too much lag time. He never seemed that bad in the SS series. He's been slowed down CVS 2 though I guess they tried to balance him because he hits very hard. Terry wins. Geese must have really thought he was fighting a b***h though. He must've reeeeeeeeealy underestimated Terry. That's why he lost

Psyquis52
Ganjuro mopped the floor with Iori like he was some kind of sissy so I'm going to assume that Hoahmaru could destroy Terry fairly easily as well.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how tough Terry is he is still fighting a guy with a sword and he will get cut by him. Maybe if he was fighting Dan with a sword he would win or Sodom but not Hoahmaru.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by brainchild81
Gamewise, Hoahmaru is too slow and has too much lag time. He never seemed that bad in the SS series. He's been slowed down CVS 2 though I guess they tried to balance him because he hits very hard. Terry wins. Geese must have really thought he was fighting a b***h though. He must've reeeeeeeeealy underestimated Terry. That's why he lost

Well I dont think Geese was thinking he was fighting a "b**tch" as you so put it...maybe thinking an upstart or punk....anyways most of Terry's opponents most of the time underestamate him..Geese,Krauser,The Jins,Yamazaki..etc which is their downfall.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Ganjuro mopped the floor with Iori like he was some kind of sissy so I'm going to assume that Hoahmaru could destroy Terry fairly easily as well.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how tough Terry is he is still fighting a guy with a sword and he will get cut by him. Maybe if he was fighting Dan with a sword he would win or Sodom but not Hoahmaru.

Good anaylisis. Though I might add in the games when Haohmaru and a few of the other Samurai's lose their swords, they seem pretty much vunerable. I think though that Terry better would have to be really sharp in his senses if Haohmaru was fighting with his sword...however if I think if Haohmaru lost his sword in the match, then Terry would win from there.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Psyquis52

Well Genjuro wasting Iori was'nt cannonical anyways. BTW Darkhawk kicks ass.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Well Genjuro wasting Iori was'nt cannonical anyways. BTW Darkhawk kicks ass.

Thank you very much. Guy kicks ass as well.
Still I do think the sword is an unfair advantage.

SaTsuJiN
swords still mean nothing in fighting games.. he might as well get punched instead of sliced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.