SuperHero Drawing Contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet_Spidey
Okay, i know, the title says it all, but there is just a bit more going on.
For one, you must show your creativity and try to make up one fully original, altough it ain't easy. For two, the contest will go as following, the first 20 superhero's submitted can enter the contest. But then it isn't over yet, because a discussion and a large vote-action needs to be found place. EVERYONE who has visited this topic must cast out a vote and yes, the creators CAN't vote for their own character.
But there is more. The votes have to be 75% equal.
So then you all can discuss what is good or not about your superhero.
I'm actually still working on my character so you guys can already go ahead and post a bit.

Mr. Valentine
you know something?? i like this idea, but i think you should say a superhero then the people go and draw him/hero and you judge the best one. Just a suggestion...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
you know something?? i like this idea, but i think you should say a superhero then the people go and draw him/hero and you judge the best one. Just a suggestion...

Probably a good idea..... or else you'll end up with a bunch of entries like this:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1332/deformoboy44ft.jpg

Deformo-Boy.... large footed psychotic bodybuilder with a penchant for bladed and projectile weaponry

wink

Mr. Valentine
Scoob..You are a sad....sad man no lol j/k stick out tongue nice pic... if only i could draw that good sad

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
Scoob..You are a sad....sad man no lol j/k stick out tongue nice pic... if only i could draw that good sad

stick out tongue .... it only took 5 minutes to sketch, scan, resize and post

Mr. Valentine
i wasnt talking about the picture.........

stick out tongue j/k

Scoobless
You not having a go Mr V?

Mr. Valentine
Hmm.... maybe but im not very good sad i draw one good picture a year..sad i already had my one this year..

Mindship
Originally posted by Scoobless
Probably a good idea..... or else you'll end up with a bunch of entries like this:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1332/deformoboy44ft.jpg

wink

So That's what happened after Bart Simpson drank Jekyll's potion.

Anyway, this thread topic is a good idea. H'mm...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindship
So That's what happened after Bart Simpson drank Jekyll's potion.

lol.... you spotted that huh? ..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just saw an episode of the simpsons yesterday where, in the end credits, they showed how to draw a simspon style character

big grin

H. S. 6
If I could draw at all... alas... embarrasment

outarddwarf
I might submit one!

EDIT: Does it have to be color or can i sketch it out???

I don't like coloring! It is my artistic weakness!

Scoobless
just sketch it

FG725
I'd enter but unfortuanately I don't have a scanner and I have no imagination when it comes to making up characters..

Grimm22
A pal of mine is really good at drawing.

If I had room to put my scanner then I would post some of them.

AJ4LIFE
i made up characters allready ill post them to moz but no scanner

CaptainStoic
Hmmm... I already have a character to submit. I'll post him, but I must warn you the art is trademarked, so if anyone attempts to do the dirty, I will sue. I named him Nemesis, I haven't quite thought of his super powers, but he's a little stronger than Wonder Man.

Syndicate_Lord
\Now I WANT to copy him to find out what happpens...

CaptainStoic
Go right ahead. smokin'

Syndicate_Lord
LOL... I can't draw AT ALL. Heh, i could copy some old Jim Lee stuff that noone would recognise...

Scarlet_Spidey
Ok then i'll play the judge, but then i can't enter myself ... alas
At the moment Nemesis is on the lead, the hero with powers like ;

- making people doubt whether or not this is a man
- making people think back to the clothes of the eighties
- making people know that you can be a madonna fan yet also superhero

and with powers that are unknown !
(it's so unknown that even the creator doesn't know what they are)

Syndicate_Lord
LMAO...

grey fox
As soon as i get hold of a scanner my character will be uploaded....

Scarlet_Spidey
This time try to be sure what his or her gender is.
Thank you.

Mindship
Actually, I thought Nemesis had a pretty cool look, kind of a blend between traditional spandex West and anime.

Anyway, what about this: in addition to whatever bios/descriptions posted, maybe also include a profile using the Marvel system (y'know: 1-7 on strength, speed, intelligence, etc), just as a way to establish a common ground? Just a thought.

Mindship
H'mm...I just reviewed that Marvel system...and it ain't so good. Bad idea, never mind.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
At the moment Nemesis is on the lead

I demand a recount!!!!

Deformo Boy would kick the crap out of Nemesissy

mad

Syndicate_Lord
Deformo Boy pwns all!

Spideys Sister
I have to find the disk with Sparky on it. Till then my scanners out of order.

Syndicate_Lord
Sparky?

Scoobless
New entry..... completely original character.......

I call him.......Dark Crawler

shifty

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9950/batscoob42rm.jpg

........I must be a genius.... i don't know where i get the inspiration for these characters.......... evil face

One things for sure.... he would've walked through the last amalgam tourney with ease..... stick out tongue

H. S. 6
Surely there can't be just one judge? erm

I'll enter one... maybe... devil

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Syndicate_Lord
Sparky? Short for Thunder Spark. In my comic he's SS' boy friend.

CaptainStoic

(it's so unknown that even the creator doesn't know what they are)

Nemesis is male, I fashioned him after Lobo, Wolverine, and the Punisher. Nemisis has the Punishers dry sense of humor. I really don't have the imagination for story writing, this is why most people who sketch team up with writers. I don't know, but it seems like you were bashing my character a little. Here's another one that I made "HIS" name is The Flea, he is incredibly strong much like the Hulk, his strength fluctuates when he is hungry but at peak levels he is somewhere around Thanos' strength he can also fire off energy spheres to imprison opponents where he can feed off of them. Sound good? I have to say once again, that these characters are trademarked with copy rights.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Nemesis is male, I fashioned him after Lobo, Wolverine, and the Punisher. Nemisis has the Punishers dry sense of humor. I really don't have the imagination for story writing, this is why most people who sketch team up with writers. I don't know, but it seems like you were bashing my character a little. Here's another one that I made "HIS" name is The Flea, he is incredibly strong much like the Hulk, his strength fluctuates when he is hungry but at peak levels he is somewhere around Thanos' strength he can also fire off energy spheres to imprison opponents where he can feed off of them. Sound good? I have to say once again, that these characters are trademarked with copy rights.

Are you making these with a certain program?

CaptainStoic
I sketch them out, and bring them into Adobe Illustrator... here's my version of Batman. I used Photoshop for the lense flare effect on the knee.

Scoobless
I have to say once again, that these characters are trademarked with copy rights.

Yeah... mine too.... just not by me

stick out tongue

What are you copy-writing them for? online comic? computer game?

Mindship
You don't have to keep saying they're copywrit (though I can understand why). According to law, a work becomes copywrit by the artist/author as soon as you put your name on it (basically, it's yours automatically).

Of course, just mentioning on KMC that it's yours also makes a nice text record. wink

Scoobless
You don't have to keep saying they're copywrit (though I can understand why). According to law, a work becomes copywrit by the artist/author as soon as you put your name on it (basically, it's yours automatically).

The laws of which country?... the Internet is global and what applies in one place may not apply in another

CaptainStoic
Yeah... mine too.... just not by me

stick out tongue

What are you copy-writing them for? online comic? computer game?

I had to copy protect them because very soon, I'm going to bring them before a large company to propose a deal of sorts.

I have over 24 more characters that are near completion, I haven't figured out what exactly I'll do with them yet though... Dale Keown who created Pitt comes to mind though. Here's one that I'm currently working on I'm going to name him Fitz.

jinzin
New entry..... completely original character.......

I call him.......Dark Crawler

shifty

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9950/batscoob42rm.jpg

........I must be a genius.... i don't know where i get the inspiration for these characters.......... evil face

One things for sure.... he would've walked through the last amalgam tourney with ease..... stick out tongue

no

BIG KAHUNA OWNS nuff said...

Mindship
The laws of which country?... the Internet is global and what applies in one place may not apply in another

Excellent point, I stand corrected. I meant in the USA.

CaptainStoic
Whoops it looks like that JPEG was corrupted. Anyways maybe that's a sign... he isn't quite finished so there isn't a point to showing him yet.

CaptainStoic
actually if you were to send yourself an email of things that you created it becomes law.

Scoobless
Originally posted by jinzin
BIG KAHUNA OWNS nuff said...

You can't defeat fanboy power!

DC can prep, claw or sense his way out of anything

Mindship
actually if you were to send yourself an email of things that you created it becomes law.

Yeah...I've done that with snail mail too.
Good luck with that proposal.

Scoobless
I had to copy protect them because very soon, I'm going to bring them before a large company to propose a deal of sorts.

describe the powers of the two characters you've shown.... all i can remember was you saying one was as strong as Thanos and the other one's strength fluctuates when he gets hungry

jinzin
You can't defeat fanboy power!

DC can prep, claw or sense his way out of anything
..except a bonified TBK asswhoopin!
lol you should change his name to fanboy power...

but yes.. TBK would still own the shit out of him...

venom>>>spiderman
sabretooth>>> wolverine
taskmaster=batman or edged out slightly.... but it doesn't matter by that point TBK wins.

CaptainStoic
describe the powers of the two characters you've shown.... all i can remember was you saying one was as strong as Thanos and the other one's strength fluctuates when he gets hungry

This guy I named the Flea his power levels fluctuate when he is low in energy. When he is in top condition his strength level is nearly equal to Thanos. He is much like a vampire in that he feeds on sentient energy. The way he feeds is to fire off enegy spheres that surround the victim, he then begins to feed on them... kinda nasty huh?

CaptainStoic
Nemesis is a little stronger than Wonderman, he also has similar durability. Nemesis wears armor that allows him to fly at warp speeds, he doesn't fly under his own power. He has two energy swords capable of cutting nearly anything. He carries them on the back of his armor. These swords give him the ability to tap into large amounts of solar energy to many effects. He can channel force bolts, or use them to phase through force fields, although the later takes time, as the swords themselves must become aclimated in order to mimic the enegy in which they come in contact with. He's a lot like Lobo, and Wolverine preferring to brawl it out although he is not as strong physically as Lobo he more than make up for this lack with his technology. Oh, he stands at 5'11" and weighs 350 lbs he is far heavier than a human male of the same size due to his alien genetics... now if I can just find someone willing to work with me to get these guys off of the ground.

Scarlet_Spidey
Nemisis has the Punishers dry sense of humor.

Are you sure he got his dry humor from the punisher ? wink

And for two, captainstoic , you can only enter ONE character.
If you'd enter 25 characters it just wouldn't be fair.

And yes there is only one judge, me.

Oh yes and i prefer drawn heroes not the ones from captainstoic who are colored the way flash type movies are.

CaptainStoic
Oh well it looks like this thread should be shut down, you should have stipulated the rules fully before anyone ever submitted anything. I see that you are biased about what I have submitted.... or is it envy? anyways, when you produce some artwork of your own, and not critcize others on the work that they have done perhaps you would qualify as a judge. No one else should even bother working on anything for this junior member who has suddenly become the big shot caller. There should most defineately be another judge or two because I noticed right away that you were an envious little w***!

Mindship
I don't think SS meant any harm in his comments, though he does have a point about not submitting more than one character.

On the other hand, I don't think any particular method of drawing/coloring should be disqualified--let each way be judged on its own merit.

Maybe there should be categories, as well as an overall winner. Categories like: best drawn w/ computer, best drawn w/o computer, most original, most realistic, most interesting.

(Don't look at me cuz I may enter my own creation.)

As far as there being only one judge: perhaps this thread should be set up for member voting.

Since I've been a member, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread devoted to original work, and they do seem to die rather quickly cuz people start to make fun--which is fine--but very quickly that takes over. Too bad. I've always been interested in what other comic fans are cooking up.

Remember, Superman got started by just a couple of teenagers...

CaptainStoic
I don't think SS meant any harm in his comments, though he does have a point about not submitting more than one character.

On the other hand, I don't think any particular method of drawing/coloring should be disqualified--let each way be judged on its own merit.

Maybe there should be categories, as well as an overall winner. Categories like: best drawn w/ computer, best drawn w/o computer, most original, most realistic, most interesting.

(Don't look at me cuz I may enter my own creation.)

As far as there being only one judge: perhaps this thread should be set up for member voting.

Since I've been a member, this is like the 3rd or 4th thread devoted to original work, and they do seem to die rather quickly cuz people start to make fun--which is fine--but very quickly that takes over. Too bad. I've always been interested in what other comic fans are cooking up.

Remember, Superman got started by just a couple of teenagers...

Didn't mean anything by it????? did you see how I put up with his BS about my chracter from jump street???? Read this sh*t.

"Ok then i'll play the judge, but then i can't enter myself ... alas

(it's so unknown that even the creator doesn't know what they are)"

^ From that point on I knew that Scarlet Spider was biased, anyone with eyes can see what gender my character is.... do you see any breasts? And I thought this was a Super hero drawing contest, when did it become Super Hero biography? Next time you make a thread like this Scarlet Spider make sure you stipulate all of the rules.

Spideys Sister
Why can't I find that pic?! I love your sig CS! Has anyone seen me post a head shot of the blonde kid with a yellow mask? I can't renember where I posted it. and all my old posts have gone bye bye.

CaptainStoic
Okay, i know, the title says it all, but there is just a bit more going on.
For one, you must show your creativity and try to make up one fully original, altough it ain't easy. For two, the contest will go as following, the first 20 superhero's submitted can enter the contest. But then it isn't over yet, because a discussion and a large vote-action needs to be found place. EVERYONE who has visited this topic must cast out a vote and yes, the creators CAN't vote for their own character.
But there is more. The votes have to be 75% equal.
So then you all can discuss what is good or not about your superhero.
I'm actually still working on my character so you guys can already go ahead and post a bit.

These were the rules, that you casually changed on the fly.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Why can't I find that pic?! I love your sig CS! Has anyone seen me post a head shot of the blonde kid with a yellow mask? I can't renember where I posted it. and all my old posts have gone bye bye.

Thanks I like your new Sig too. but I liked you old one better. I haven't seen the pic that you posted either.

Mindship
Didn't mean anything by it????? did you see how I put up with his BS about my chracter from jump street???? Read this sh*t.

hmm...I see what you mean. I guess I was just referring to his later post.

Scarlet_Spidey
OK OK , here are the FINAL rules :

- the judge can descide who wins, although if at least 10 people who've read this topic disagree, there will be another winner chosen
(unless ofcourse another 10 people protest against this)

- you must at least say what the powers are

- you can only enter one character in a catagory, so that everyone has thesame chance of winning that particular catagory

- no funposting (like in 'super-idiot-man' )

- the winners will be of three categories and in the beginning of your post you will say in wich catagory you will compete

HERE ARE THE CATAGORIES

- SKETCH (without colors and hand-made)

- CLASSIC (with colors and hand-made)

- DIGITAL ( computer made )

NOW, THIS WON'T CHANGE AGAIN.
SATISFIED ?
Evryone who's entered the competition plz repost doing these things above.
Oh, there are unlimited contestants, the final results will be announced te fifth of june

5/06/2006 = result day

Spideys Sister
You posted the 6th of May. Yours: 5/6/2006
you ment: 6/5/2006

Scoobless
You posted the 6th of May. Yours: 5/6/2006
you ment: 6/5/2006

Nope

6th of May = 6/5/2006
5th of June = 5/6/2006

You Americans are just backwards

Scarlet_Spidey
The european and most logical way is from big time to bigger time to biggest amount of time.

so that would be : day - month -year

if you'd orden , i'm sure you wouldn't do it like this :
medium - small - large

or would you ?

Spideys Sister
In NY It's month/ date/ year

Scarlet_Spidey
Oh yes and plz stay on-topic.

Scarlet_Spidey
In NY It's month/ date/ year

Yeah but internet isn't NY, now is it ?
The internet is an universal thing,
belonging to no city

again : stay on topic

H. S. 6
So how many judges or there? Who are they?

Or is there going to be a polled thread with only entries?

By the way, I'd get Digimark in on this. I'm sure he'll be willing to help out making the different threads and setting this up right.

Scarlet_Spidey
i'd think of like 3 judges perhaps ?

who's digimark btw im bit nooby to this forum

outarddwarf
digimark is a moderator! One of the best and most influencial in my opinion.

Scarlet_Spidey
well never heard of em can you plz tell him he does those things

ankur29
ma pic of juggs

Spideys Sister
Yeah but internet isn't NY, now is it ?
The internet is an universal thing,
belonging to no city

again : stay on topic Sorry. Jeez. I didn't know that ppl out of the US did it that way. No need to get snippy. I was just asking an honest question.

Scarlet_Spidey
Originally posted by ankur29
ma pic of juggs
Umm for that, you should go to the 'redesign a character topic' this topic is for original characters belonging to yourself.

Scoobless
whistling

H. S. 6
Perhaps if this wasn't a contest, and just a thread to post your original characters, we'd get more entries. stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Perhaps if this wasn't a contest, and just a thread to post your original characters, we'd get more entries. stick out tongue

or people drawing pre-existing heroes... that could get some more interest too...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by pr1983
or people drawing pre-existing heroes... that could get some more interest too...

Truth.

Redesigns included.

Scoobless
Get to it then.

no expression

My scanner no longer works so I can't post anything.

sad

pr1983
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Truth.

Redesigns included.

oh definitely... i've wanted to create my own green lantern for ages...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.