SuperboyPrime vs Steel/Entropy Aegis Armor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Two pretty cool characters

Superboy Prime- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy_Prime

vs

Steel/Entropy Aegis Armor- http://www.spider-bob.com/heroes/dc/SteelIII.htm

Thunderstrike
Wasn't that armor powerful enough to KO Doomsday with ease?

golem370
I am not sure I heard it was pretty powerful.It was created by the new gods of Apokolips

Thunderstrike
Where's AvalonoftheWind when you need him.

Mider
i think its a stalemate :P

Jesse7
SBP is like silver age superman except with no weakness to magic, kryptonite (Kryptonite from the modern DC Universe did not effect Kal-L, the Earth-Two Superman, so it is unlikely that this form of Kryptonite would affect Superboy-Prime.) or red sunlight radiation. SBP also seems to have the intellect and intelligence of silver age superman, i.e. building the anti-monitor like suit. With the suit, it is like he is sun dipping.

Fanboy
Superboy Prime wins get over it.

Thunderstrike
^ Hoopedy blah, we need research, not somebody pissed off.

I want someone to talk more about this Entropy Aegis. I heard that Apolkalypse made it from Imperiex's remains.

Also, Red Sunlight did work. He was in the speed force for years.

spetznaz
Interesting match.
And to be honest I don't know who would win.

SBP is insanely powerful.
Steel in the Entropy Aegis was basically a deity (which is why I laughed when some person had matched Steel in the Aegis against Iron Man as if the two were peers).

I am leaning towards SBP (some of his feats, for example escaping the speed force, are insane), but it wouldn't take much to convince me that Steel had a chance.

Thunderstrike
The only way Iron man would come close to matching Steel in the Aegis from what I've heard is with the Thorbuster.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
The only way Iron man would come close to matching Steel in the Aegis from what I've heard is with the Thorbuster.

To be honest with you even the ThorBuster wouldn't bring IM anywhere near what Steel was capable of in the Aegis.
The EA basically turned Steel into a god.

Unless IM (in whatever armor( got out of that situation pronto he would risk being reduced to scattered atoms.

With that said the 'Thor Buster' was written as an extremely good armor (powered with an Asgardian fragment). Thus I am in no way looking down on the TB IM armor, but still it is no Aegis Entropy.

manjaro
well this is kinda tricky cuz, we know that SBP is gonna win, but it should be pointed out that whomever is occupying the armor will at the very least live to tell about the encounter. why? cuz yeah, its made from the salvaged remnants of an imperiex probe...Imperiex is a pure energy being encased in a metal shell....like a certain world devourer we know...big grin and during OWAW everyone was marveling over how indestructable these things were, and just a handful of them were owning the shit outta everybody from a dozen star systems..

anyhoo, darksied got a hold of one of these husks and re-fitted it into an armor, which he orignally meant for superman to wear..now the thing about the armor is it has the durablity and the infinte energy absorption and channeling abilites that Imperiex endowed it with, plus it's further enhanced by apokoliptian science and magicks. and remember it was able to sever the energy tendril between earth, apokolips, and warworld---the same energy tendril that ate up Maxima's city sized mother ship and the very same that was only breifly halted by themiscara island when WW convinced her mother to send it flying in its path.

so the moral of the story is, it took a blood lusted superman to destroy one probe(due to the destruction of half of kansas, and the farm-- he thought his parents were dead) it took WW to let out all of the energy in her lasso to destroy another, and she was severely burned and left critical--and these were probes that were'nt further enhanced.

So since SBP has been shown to literally punch his way out of abstract, intangible and infinte forces like the barriers of reality, the speed force, and the Phantom Zone, I would be a fool to think that he wouldnt crack the armor, but the thing is it would stand up to a lot of punishment b4 it happens, and whomever has it would get in a few convincing blows of thier own b4 they got thier freaking head taken off...so i say its an intial stalemate until SBP gets really really pissed

Jesse7
Red sunlight does not weaken SBP, but it does not power him either, that is why SBP constructed the anti-armor like suit to feed him yellow solar energy.

UniOmni
The only problem with the Probes were that as the story dragged on, they lost prominence. Superman struggled against one early in the arc, but by the end, him and dd were tearing through them and the resulting explosions were highly decreased in potency...Such is the flaw of bad, shoddy writing.

Thunderstrike
Superboy Prime was punching reality at that point. That, or punching the heads of the writers.

Avalonofthewind
Damn, this one is tough. One one end, we have the encarnation of Entropy (the armor has been hinted to actually BE Imperiex reborn) and on the other end we have a character who's far beyond common sense and universal rules.

While Imperiex probes were being destroyed more frequently towards the end of the arc, the Aegis armor has NEVER been shown to be affected by anything. The only thing that kept happening was other characters in awe of the things power...and that includes skyfather level characters.

kevdude
Tuff choice, don't think its Imperiex reborn, Imperiex Prime still a major threat shown when Steel joined with Aegis Armor.

UniOmni
I hope the Aegis stomps Prime.......Such is the fate of whiners.

grey fox
This is a tough decision.....

An armour made out of of an Imperiex probe (Or possibly Imperiex himself) against a guy who as earlier stated has broken every rule known in comic physics . Including his deadly and notorious 'Retcon punch' .

Until i can see some sort of Uber-feat from the Aegis Entropy armour , I'm gonna have to side with Super-Emo Prime.

manjaro
well......... severing a massive energy beam that shunned the rules of gravity, held two planets together,and disintegrated a huge starship, and an island like kindling is an uber feat, but alas SBP has this in the bag.welll unless the aegis affects how light hits his eyes and make him think the whole world his dark...then its over baby! BTW what the f does EMo mean? its been killing me for a few days now

golem370
How powerful would Superman be with the Entropy Aegis Armor

golem370
Well?

Mordum
Anyone have scans of the entropy armor and scans with feats?

golem370
bump

golem370
Bump

Galan007
Wow. That's one helluva necrobump.

Anyway, the E/A Armor stomps.

golem370
Almost 10 years a lot of debate at the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.