Who WAS Holiday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Etrigan
Alberto?

Gilda?

Harvey?

Discuss.

Morridini
From reading Long Halloween we clearly see that Gilda and Alberto was Holiday, however if Harvey also was Holiday has never been clarified. However I don't think it fits with his persona and choose to believe that he was never a Holiday killer.

Etrigan
The Wikipedia article gives detailed evidence on all three of them. I personally believe it was Gilda and Alberto too, but people have different views.

Syndicate_Lord
Gilda is definite. I presumed she meant Gilda and Harvey because of the context and the pronoun "we" was used, when talking as if talking to Harvey but I guess it was Alberto and Gilda now I think...

Etrigan
She thought it was Harvey who committed the rest of the murders. Which leaves it to be Alberto and her as the suspects... but some say it was Harvey all along.

Syndicate_Lord
Maybe it was all 3...

Joseph_Kerr
This is my understanding: There were Two Holiday.

Holiday #1 -- Gilda, Dent's wife, was the first Holiday -- Just like she admitted in the last four pages. Dent promised that they would spend more time together when he had less work, so Gilda spent three holidays murdering members of mob boss Carmine Falcone's gang. I suspect that she gave up the murders on New Year's even when Roman's son Alberto Falcone was murdered, assuming that Harvey took up the role of Holiday.

Holiday #2 -- Ablberto Falcone faked his own death, becoming the new Holiday. This plot was hatched by Alberto and his father, who both decided to use Holiday to take out men of rival Boss Maroni.

As for why the Riddler lived on April's fool's day, the Roman hired him to "solve" the Hiliday case and publicize the fact that the Roman was "looking" for Holiday. Alberto as Holiday, "failed" to kill Riddler in the alley -- who else but a family member would even know about such an alley.

After Alberto was caught, he confessed to ALL of the holiday killings. Making himself to be a bigger criminal than his father.

Syndicate_Lord
Why would Falcone want to kill off his own family like that? they WEREN'T Maroni's men, they were FALCONE'S family!

Joseph_Kerr
Well I may be wrong, but I thought after New Year's the victim's had connections to Maroni's gang.

Syndicate_Lord
I can't remember... I don't remember...

Morridini
Kerrs post sums it all up.

Syndicate_Lord
Hmmm... it really was a great book that even after a satisfying ending, you still wonderb who really was Holiday!

Morridini
Not really, it was very clear that Alberto and Gilda was Holiday.

Syndicate_Lord
No, but some people plainly could... depending on how you interpreted Gilda's pronoun use...

Morridini
Yes...she says "I"all along. The thing that confuses things is that Gilda says to Dent that he took over after her from New Years Eve, however this is where Gilda is wrong. She thought it was Harvey when it was actually Alberto who took over. harvey was never the Holiday killer (if u don't mean he turned into Holiday when he killed Falcone).

Etrigan
Yeah I know that... but Harvey had connection eventually.

Etrigan
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
Well I may be wrong, but I thought after New Year's the victim's had connections to Maroni's gang.

They did. Holiday heard that Joker thought it was Maroni, so he started killing Maroni's men to throw him off the scent.

Impediment
Harvey took up where Gilda left off.

Morridini
No he did not, there is nothing in the Long Halloween that says so.

Syndicate_Lord
Or does he in dark Victory? Wait... don't say... I want to read that!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.