Exar Kun and Darth Revan versus Shimarra and DN Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Which team wins?

tdtd
Oy.. Ths is going to be a big one I can tell. Regardless of who is against who, Revan dies quickly while Luke and Shimarra finish off Kun.

Revolver Ocelot
I sense a massive "Exar Kun vs Luke" argument approaching.

Really, just make this Shimarra vs Revan.

Jonathan Mark
That would be an odd sight... Luke and Shimarra working together lol.

zephiel7
I see Shimarra as the weak link here. He would fall and then the duo would defeat DN LUke.

tdtd
How would Shimarra fall Zephiel? Neither Kun nor Revan know how to fight someone that can take down several Jedi at a time, and since Kun>Revan, Revan would go down fast against either DN Luke or Shimarra.. Kun vs. Luke be a long one but Shimarra would join in to take out Kun.

But really, just make Shimarra vs. Revan

Faunus
Luke and Shimrra, solidly. Either Revan or Exar would struggle horribly against the Supreme Overlord, considering his immunity to the Force and unmatched skill with the Vong weapons, and if Kun engages him, I believe Luke would trounce Revan in enough time to assist Shimrra against Kun.

On second thought, what's the setting of this duel?

Illustrious
Originally posted by Faunus
Luke and Shimrra, solidly. Either Revan or Exar would struggle horribly against the Supreme Overlord, considering his immunity to the Force and unmatched skill with the Vong weapons, and if Kun engages him, I believe Luke would trounce Revan in enough time to assist Shimrra against Kun.

On second thought, what's the setting of this duel?

Yeah, that'd be smart. Shimrra wouldn't be all that effective if he has a bus on his head.

tdtd
Unless he's the incredible hulk and he can pick up that bus and chuck it at Kun,

Traya
LMAO, Revan is a non-factor here.

But anyway, Kun can still indirectly obliterate the Overlord. Just use the amulet to blast a chasm underneath his feet...

Deception
tdtd, if you say Kun and Revan have no idea how to deal with the Overlord that doesnt mean that Shimarra > Kun, Revan it merely means they lose due to lack of knowledge thus the fight is pointless. Luke loses because he has no idea about Kun's freezing spell thus he cant block it, see that sentence? Its very illogical.

In this vs fight let us assume that Kun and Revan know about the Vong, but do not have Vong sense. Also is the battle arena on neutral ground? If it is i see Kun and Revan taking it.

Revolver Ocelot
I don't. Shimarra would bring down Revan pretty fast then aid Luke with Kun.

Or Luke pwns Revan while Shimarra holds off Kun. Whatever.

Luke loses because he has no idea about Kun's freezing spell thus he cant block it, see that sentence? Its very illogical.

Since it was ineffective for plenty of people far weaker than Luke, your statement doesn't add up at all.

Deception
No, im merely stating that because in a VS fight you people tend to use the argument "They lose because they have no knowledge of that being/attack."

The Freezing Spell is able to be blocked, however assuming that certain fight is decided due to lack of knowledge is just as illogical as stating Luke cant block it the first time round due to lack of knowledge. Because thats what tdtd is effectively saying, "Oh Kun and Revan dont know how to deal with Vong, so they lose."

In a vs fight, the combatants fight to the best of their ability, ie their peak, we can also assume that they know about their enemies otherwise it becomes completely dependent on whether they know about something or not.

Thus if Kun and Revan know about the Vong, how are they going to get pwned? Revan wont just die in 20 seconds to Luke, he will but not that fast, Luke hasn't shown lightsaber skills beyond belief and if they fight the match will be pretty even.

Like IKC said, the physical nature of the force can affect the Vong, shown through the lightning Jacen unleashes upon them, this a far more powerful technique is likely to oblilerate Shimarra.

Faunus
Originally posted by Deception
No, im merely stating that because in a VS fight you people tend to use the argument "They lose because they have no knowledge of that being/attack."

Which makes sense. How are Kun and Revan going to out-fight Shimrra? They've never fought foes who are holes in the Force before, and thus wouldn't be able to use their Jedi precognition to gain an advantage.

Which, again makes sense. The freezing spell is manifestation of the Force, and so can be resisted via the Force as well.

That makes absolutely no sense: by that logic, I can deduct that Luke knows everything there is to know about the secrets of the ancient Sith, as anything else would result in a disadvantage on his part.

See the above. And I highly suggest you read the NJO series, namely The Unifying Force, if you find Skywalker's dueling ability to be unimpressive.

You're sadly misinformed. The lightning Jacen unleashed on the Vong veered away from them. It didn't so much as touch them, let alone harm them. Kun's amulet blast would dissipate or break as it approached Shimrra.

Revolver Ocelot
Dude. Luke > Shimarra >>>> Revan.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Dude. Luke > Shimarra >>>> Revan.

Yep.

Deception
So effectively this fight is Shimarra and Luke vs Kun?

Deception
Originally posted by Faunus
Which makes sense. How are Kun and Revan going to out-fight Shimrra? They've never fought foes who are holes in the Force before, and thus wouldn't be able to use their Jedi precognition to gain an advantage.

Which, again makes sense. The freezing spell is manifestation of the Force, and so can be resisted via the Force as well.

That makes absolutely no sense: by that logic, I can deduct that Luke knows everything there is to know about the secrets of the ancient Sith, as anything else would result in a disadvantage on his part.

See the above. And I highly suggest you read the NJO series, namely The Unifying Force, if you find Skywalker's dueling ability to be unimpressive.

You're sadly misinformed. The lightning Jacen unleashed on the Vong veered away from them. It didn't so much as touch them, let alone harm them. Kun's amulet blast would dissipate or break as it approached Shimrra.

Ok then the inconsistency is rather large, if you say that the Vong are that impossible to deal with, Luke has no experienced with Ancient Sith artifacts and techniques and considering Kun's amulet blasts are destructive enough to tear through huge monsters then the its up to you to prove why Luke will somehow "know" how to block such an attack.

Impressive for his Era that i would agree, adding onto the fact that he did cut through an Army of Vong + being so fast that he wielded his saber as though there were 20, yet his feats with it does not show how he will instantly cut down Revan, impressive he is Revan is no slouch either and possibly quite skilled with a lightsaber, the problem is Revan is too much of a variable and people assume the worse for him.

In that case you can assume that Ragnos himself stands no chance against Shimarra on even ground, because by your logic "no force" power will effect the Vong so how will Ragnos take down such an enemy?

PurpleSaber
Why is everyone saying that Revan is a non-factor? He isn't exactly a pushover. I'd say he stands some kind of chance against Shimrra, not a very good one but he could hold his own for a little bit. He could probably hold off Luke for about half a minute too, which might give time for Kun to take out Shimrra.

zephiel7
The idea of Revan being weaker than Shimrra is unfounded bullshit, sadly enough...

Lets look at the facts...

Luke had a hard time against Shimrra
Shimraa fanboys gather around! I have something to tell you, although you may have difficulty accepting what I have to say. It is indeed true that Luke had to fight through an army of Yuzang Vong, before the the "supreme pushover" hoped to stand a chance in a battle between the two.

I'm sorry, but Luke was tired and Shimraa merely capitalized on this. Luke if given enough time to rest, would have easily taken down Shimraa, as he had taken down the army of Vong in what was described as a "maelstorm" of force energy. A staff that can change forms is still no match for a very powerful Jedi. Proven: Luke decapitated Shimraa.

Why Revan would indeed beat Shimra
Revan, with the aid of Echani precognition, stands perhaps an even better chance against Shimrra. There are sources that suggest that Revan possesses the holocron of Tulak Hord, reputed to be the greatest duelist amongst the ancient Sith. (Proof: Kreia's word, logical deductions from the fact that Revan obtained the holocron from Lashowe, and that the dark Jedi academy on Korriban were destroyed.) If you are saying that Hord stands no chance against Shimrra, then you are crazy.

Revan defeated a star forge empowered Malak, who was described as being "invincible." The battle was definately a lightsaber duel, given Malak's strong disposition towards dueling. I highly doubt the battle would have been force based, since every single battle between force users has degenerated into two melee weapons clashing (whether they be lightsabers, ancient sith swords... etc). Also it was described as an "epic duel," which clearly evidences lightsabers clashing.

Revan was stated to possess Echani precognition that surpassed Echani elders. This included the ability to foresee the outcome of WARS. Clearly the ability to foresee moves is evidence enough that Shimraa will not possess any advantage with his "vaunted" staff.

With Shimraa lieing on the ground defeated, Revan aids Kun take down DN Luke.

tdtd
Originally posted by zephiel7
The idea of Revan being weaker than Shimrra is unfounded bullshit, sadly enough...

Lets look at the facts...

Luke had a hard time against Shimrra
Shimraa fanboys gather around! I have something to tell you, although you may have difficulty accepting what I have to say. It is indeed true that Luke had to fight through an army of Yuzang Vong, before the the "supreme pushover" hoped to stand a chance in a battle between the two.

I'm sorry, but Luke was tired and Shimraa merely capitalized on this. Luke if given enough time to rest, would have easily taken down Shimraa, as he had taken down the army of Vong in what was described as a "maelstorm" of force energy. A staff that can change forms is still no match for a very powerful Jedi. Proven: Luke decapitated Shimraa.

Why Revan would indeed beat Shimra
Revan, with the aid of Echani precognition, stands perhaps an even better chance against Shimrra. There are sources that suggest that Revan possesses the holocron of Tulak Hord, reputed to be the greatest duelist amongst the ancient Sith. (Proof: Kreia's word, logical deductions from the fact that Revan obtained the holocron from Lashowe, and that the dark Jedi academy on Korriban were destroyed.) If you are saying that Hord stands no chance against Shimrra, then you are crazy.

Revan defeated a star forge empowered Malak, who was described as being "invincible." The battle was definately a lightsaber duel, given Malak's strong disposition towards dueling. I highly doubt the battle would have been force based, since every single battle between force users has degenerated into two melee weapons clashing (whether they be lightsabers, ancient sith swords... etc). Also it was described as an "epic duel," which clearly evidences lightsabers clashing.

Revan was stated to possess Echani precognition that surpassed Echani elders. This included the ability to foresee the outcome of WARS. Clearly the ability to foresee moves is evidence enough that Shimraa will not possess any advantage with his "vaunted" staff.

With Shimraa lieing on the ground defeated, Revan aids Kun take down DN Luke.

Yo Deception, Faunus pretty much explained to you what I was trying to say. Simply, you can't just assume they know about the Vong, because well, they didn't. And here come my rebuttal for zephiel..

Shimrra could take many jedi at a time, and Revan was physically weaker than Shimrra. You're downplaying facts here, that the supreme overlord was indeed VERY powerful and is the most physically powerful combatant in this fight. Everything else is an excuse and justification for your bias so I won't respond. Luke and Shimrra take this,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.