Gears of War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
I'm shitting my pants for this game, looks incredible, both graphically and from a gameplay standpoint. People have been saying how the 360 hasn't had a "killer app" yet, well, I think this will be it.

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest going to gamespot.com and checking out the videos of the game.

crazy_shadow
I've seen this game in pics and stuff too. I agree, it looks great in graphics and gameplay. I think the Elder Scrolls IV was a killer app, but if they still think there are none.....Well this should be a boost too. If still no, i'll slap them hardcore.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm shitting my pants for this game, looks incredible, both graphically and from a gameplay standpoint. People have been saying how the 360 hasn't had a "killer app" yet, well, I think this will be it.

blasphemy. graw IS a killer app!!!!

Smasandian
Yeah, blasphemy

But this games does look pretty amazing also.

Mišt
Is it coming on PC or only 360?

MadMel
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said..

IcePunk
I want that game...no, I NEED that game

MadMel
laughing out loud...i somehow feel the same..confused..i seriously hope that its on pc, coz i dont think im getting a 360..

PVS
btw, sorry to burst your bubble but its likely that all the preview images are prerendered (a.k.a. falsley advertised).

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
btw, sorry to burst your bubble but its likely that all the preview images are prerendered (a.k.a. falsley advertised).

There's several videos showing actual gameplay footage, looks extremely good.

WrathfulDwarf
The engine for this game is Unreal Engine 3.0. Which will be same engine for Unreal Tournament 2007. This game defenetly worth keeping an eye on.

crazy_shadow

Spartan005
Can't wait to get this game... I think it comes out in July last time I checked...

WrathfulDwarf
Awesome looking new Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/

S.S
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The engine for this game is Unreal Engine 3.0. Which will be same engine for Unreal Tournament 2007. This game defenetly worth keeping an eye on.
I have seen footage from both gears of war and UT07 last year that looked incredible so I'm assuming that it's much better now.

Aren't there more games running on the unreal engine 3?

Dayscribe
It looks pretty good.

BackFire
Some outstanding new high def videos of the game in action and an in-game cinematic at www.gametrailers.com

Man, this game just keeps looking better, I'm glad they smoothed out the framerate, looks extremely smooth now, as well as extremely flashy.

MadMel
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
At first it was for the Xbox360 only, but i guess their putting it on PC too, I saw it on IGN say "For PC also"
WHAT
WOOOHOOOO!

BackFire
Yeah, it hasn't been announced for the PC, don't get your hopes up.

If it does come out, won't be for a long long time. Similar to what they did with Halo.

Smasandian
It doesnt really look like a PC game.

It looks like is specifically made for the console and the gamepad,

BackFire
Yeah, it's the game they're relying on to move consoles this year, I don't think they'd jeapordize that by putting it out on another format, at least not anytime soon.

WrathfulDwarf
Feast your eyes on this exclusive head shot from GoW (slow frame rate my fault thanks to my pc)

http://www.madfish.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gow_head_pop.gif

IceJaw
laughing

Nice thumb up

Swe_Bum
COOOLISH!!!

Smasandian
Yeah, it's the game they're relying on to move consoles this year, I don't think they'd jeapordize that by putting it out on another format, at least not anytime soon.

I dont think so either.

I wouldnt be surpraised if it did end up on the PC considering Epic's pedigree with the PC platform.

But from what I've seen from movies and screenshots, it just looks like an console game and if it was on the PC, it would like a port.

That headshot though was nuts....I think one of the best headshots ive seen.

FistOfThe North
Can't wait for this game. This game push the 360's performance the most out of any other game game that's come out for the system. My preorder's in already along with "Supes"

crazy_shadow
NOVEMBER 7TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im getting this, vegas, and fear all on that day eek!

BackFire
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/showachievements.php?type=Retail&gameID=144

Achievements have been announced. Wooo, just a few more weeks.

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by PVS

False sir. All screen-shots are on the in-game engine.

And yes, I believe this game will be the killer app of this year. 360 has one helluva line-up for this holiday season!

Spartan005
Originally posted by J-Beowulf
False sir. All screen-shots are on the in-game engine.

And yes, I believe this game will be the killer app of this year. 360 has one helluva line-up for this holiday season!

Indeed raver

^ Now go buy one, damnit laughing

darth fury

Smasandian
I dont think it will come on the PC.

Epic is usually an PC developer but I think they designed this game just for the XBOX 360.

BackFire
I wouldn't be surprised if they did like Halo, and released it for the PC like a year and a half later. But then again, Halo was originally going to be released exclusively for the PC before MS bought Bungie, Gears has always been a 360 exclusive.

J-Beowulf
I wouldn't be surprised if they did like Halo, and released it for the PC like a year and a half later. But then again, Halo was originally going to be released exclusively for the PC before MS bought Bungie, Gears has always been a 360 exclusive.

Nah I agree. They'll use it (smartly) to sell their consoles for the first year or so, and then they will probably make a port for the PC.

Smasandian
If Epic was going to release it to the PC, they would have already said that and release at the same time.

I dont think it will be released to the PC. It's not the same game as Halo which worked really well on the PC while this game looks and controls like an console.

I think I heared CliffyB say that its an exclusive to the XBOX and that the really wanted to do an console game.

El_NINO
For this game to work on PC you would need a monster of a PC to run this. I dont see them moving this game to PC. Like Smasandian said, if they wanted to have a PC version they would have made one at the same time.

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by Smasandian
If Epic was going to release it to the PC, they would have already said that and release at the same time.

I dont think it will be released to the PC. It's not the same game as Halo which worked really well on the PC while this game looks and controls like an console.

I think I heared CliffyB say that its an exclusive to the XBOX and that the really wanted to do an console game.

Good point with the controls, hadn't thought of that.

Smasandian
Originally posted by El_NINO
For this game to work on PC you would need a monster of a PC to run this. I dont see them moving this game to PC. Like Smasandian said, if they wanted to have a PC version they would have made one at the same time.

I think most gaming ready PC's can pull of Gears Of War.

BackFire
They'd be able to play it, but you would need a pretty hefty system for it to look as good as the 360, you'd need dual core processors and a really high end video card.

Phat J
whats an app? does it just mean exclusive to the specific console?

Smasandian
They'd be able to play it, but you would need a pretty hefty system for it to look as good as the 360, you'd need dual core processors and a really high end video card.

You think so?

Hmm.. I think a game like Crysis is easily more complex than Gears of War.

IceJaw
Is there a Crysis thread here?

BackFire
You think so?

Hmm.. I think a game like Crysis is easily more complex than Gears of War.

Definitely, but Crysis will chug even on the best of the best PC's out right now, plus the game isn't coming out until next year.

El_NINO

I agree that we would be able to play it but a game like this needs a good system to run it on. If you have a PC you have internet, if you have internet youll want to play games online and for me games like these would not run well on low end gamming PCs. I also dont think anyone has really learned how to use more than 1 core at a time.

I wonder if this game will be as lengthy as Halo tho?

Smasandian
I dont think so.

It's really hard these days for FPS developer to create games that are intense and exicting every minute for 20 hours. I'm thinking the game will take roughly 10-12 hours to play through.

Plus I heared the multiplay is fantastic.

J-Beowulf
A lot of people think 10 - 12 hours is "short," but it's a very decent time for a FPS. Halo only had 8 - 10 I believe, and look how well that did big grin

This game is going to rock socks for sure, no question about it.

BackFire
Yeah, Gears is supposed to be 12 hours on average, I believe.

A 12 hour game is fine for this type, since there will probably be some replay value, and some great multiplayer.

J-Beowulf
And I'm also playing it on Hardcore when I first get it, to drag it out even longer eek!

WrathfulDwarf
A pic of the Limited Edition Collectors Tin case:

BackFire
Good stuff, I'll be getting the regular edition, though.

WrathfulDwarf
I was thinking of getting the regular copy...but you know me. I'm a collectors/limited editions buying whore.

Smasandian
I always felt Collectors Editions to be an waste of money.

But oh well.

12 hour game is perfectly okay with me, especially if the actions never lets up.

BackFire
WD, you going to get Xbox Live anytime soon? I'd love to play this game with you over live when it's released.

El_NINO
Im getting the regular version and by the way I need to change my live account name.. it sucks.

WrathfulDwarf
WD, you going to get Xbox Live anytime soon? I'd love to play this game with you over live when it's released.

No XBL this year my good man. sad

I can't even play CS (where I really want to take you on) with my PC right now. But eventually we will meet in a sudden death match soon.

*crosses fingers*

BackFire
Ah, boooo!

Someday, our forbidden love will be allowed to blossom.

J-Beowulf
So pumped for this game, I thought I'd make myself a signature for it!

Tell me what you think guys!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/Jstev612/Photoshop%20Stuff/BeowulfGOWsig.jpg

BackFire
Looks good, J-Beowulf.

El_NINO
Only 13 more days until its release big grin

WrathfulDwarf
It's Official!

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12088/Gears-of-War-Goes-Gold

Gears of War Goes Gold!!!! YEEEEE-HAAAAWWW! big grin

BackFire
I wish I had a time machine.

H. S. 6
I wish I had a time machine.

Why's that?

BackFire
So I could go forward two weeks and get this damn game.

H. S. 6
So I could go forward two weeks and get this damn game.

Oh.

laughing out loud

Smasandian
We havnt had a game that warrents this much excitment for its release date in awhile.

Remember two years ago when people were eagerly waiting for HL2 and Halo 2.

Those were the days haha.

FistOfThe North
i actually called EB Games this morning and asked the clerk if there was anyway that I can get "G.O.W." before the due date? and he goes "uuuuuuuuuuuh. no. unfortunately not."

Then I go "I'll pay $100 for it now."

and he goes, "yeea,..no"

lol. proof that the anticipation is driving me crazy. Nov. 8 can't come sooner.

H. S. 6
Hmmm... I might have to reserve this.

FistOfThe North
We havnt had a game that warrents this much excitment for its release date in awhile.

Remember two years ago when people were eagerly waiting for HL2 and Halo 2.

Those were the days haha.

Doom 3 was apart of that frezny too.

Smasandian
Forgot about that.....

Ah well.

J-Beowulf

J-Beowulf
Continued...

WrathfulDwarf
^The guys at Electronic Gaming had a similar reaction to the game. I was reading the article on GOW. Very impress with the game. This is going to be good.

Mišt
I never got around to asking the full playing time of GOW but I figure somewhere around 10-15 hours.

Thats it?

Smasandian
Come on....thats expected for an game like Gears Of War.

Most FPS or heavily scripted singleplayer games are about that long. It's almost impossible for developers these days to make an intense action game that doesnt have any filler whatsoever to last 20 hours or more.

It aint an RPG, its an shooter.

Heck, I rather have an 10 hour shooter like FEAR or Gears Of War over an 25 hour shooter that has 5 original levels and repeat them 12 times over.

J-Beowulf
10-15 hours is fine for a shooting game. The Halo's are only about 10 hours each, but it's the best 10 hours ever.

GoW's singlplayer is the perfect length, it won't drag out, and will be extremely memoriable, and have great replay value. I can't count how many times I've played each level in Halo 1 over the past 5 years, and if GoW is anywhere near as good, I will be playing that for the next 5 years too!

Smasandian
True about how shooter's are sometimes much better off with a shorter amount of playtime.

I disagree about the Halo being a good game, but thats a different topic.

El_NINO
Does the Collectors Edition include the game or is it just a documentary type thing?

Smasandian
Like all collectors editions...it includes the game.

Mišt
Come on....thats expected for an game like Gears Of War.

Most FPS or heavily scripted singleplayer games are about that long. It's almost impossible for developers these days to make an intense action game that doesnt have any filler whatsoever to last 20 hours or more.

It aint an RPG, its an shooter.

Heck, I rather have an 10 hour shooter like FEAR or Gears Of War over an 25 hour shooter that has 5 original levels and repeat them 12 times over.

Yeah but 10 hours is pretty short, especially since we are moving forward by leaps and bounds in terms of next gen capabilities, I mean COD 2 is one of my favourite shooters at the moment and its short as hell, they could easily make that game two or three times as long and still be enjoyable etc.

When I think of a game being 10 hours to complete, the first thing I think of is Fable, and the disappointment at how short is was and how much potential it had. Whats the point of spending three years making a game at cinematic quality visuals, thats only going to take a day to finish?

office jesus
Originally posted by Phat J
whats an app? does it just mean exclusive to the specific console?

App = Killer app = The GAME to get.

Smasandian

BackFire
12 hours is fine as long as 1) The replay value is high for the single player and 2) The game has strong online multiplayer.

And who didn't like Ravenholm? That was the best part of HL2.

InnerRise
Being next gen has nothing to do with playtime. It's all about the developers making the game exicting, especially for the shooter crowd. The game could easiliy be 20 hours long but sooner or later, the player will get bored of playing the same enemies and the same locales and still be relative to the story and game.

Fable is a different story. For RPG's, 10 hours are pretty damn short but shooters are different. Heck, pretty much every shooter out there is around 10-12 hours long. Half Life 2 was criticized by many for having sections of the game not as good as the rest of the game. People didnt like Ravenholm or the waterboat sequence. If Valve took it out, people would complain the game is too short. Same goes with the original Half Life and its Zen levels.

Too me, I wish shooters were an 20 hours long, but if I have an choice of a game thats 12 hours long and super exiciting and filled with intense action to a game thats 20 hours long (like Doom 3), and have sections where I completly space out and forget about it..Im going to chose the first option. "Especially for the shooter crowd"???????

I believe that applies to all genre of games.

is it comprehensible.....

InnerRise
Originally posted by office jesus
App = Killer app = The GAME to get. App=?

is it comprehensible.....

J-Beowulf
True about how shooter's are sometimes much better off with a shorter amount of playtime.

I disagree about the Halo being a good game, but thats a different topic.

To each his own wink

J-Beowulf

Mišt
Being next gen has nothing to do with playtime. It's all about the developers making the game exicting, especially for the shooter crowd. The game could easiliy be 20 hours long but sooner or later, the player will get bored of playing the same enemies and the same locales and still be relative to the story and game.

Fable is a different story. For RPG's, 10 hours are pretty damn short but shooters are different. Heck, pretty much every shooter out there is around 10-12 hours long. Half Life 2 was criticized by many for having sections of the game not as good as the rest of the game. People didnt like Ravenholm or the waterboat sequence. If Valve took it out, people would complain the game is too short. Same goes with the original Half Life and its Zen levels.

Too me, I wish shooters were an 20 hours long, but if I have an choice of a game thats 12 hours long and super exiciting and filled with intense action to a game thats 20 hours long (like Doom 3), and have sections where I completly space out and forget about it..Im going to chose the first option.

Yeah it does, the technology to make the games is increasing, you wouldnt see a 20 hour shooter on N64 simply because the cartridges wouldnt hold that amount of data. Like I said before, COD 2 could easily be 20 hours or more, yes the enemies are the same Germans, the locales are different (who says the locales and enemies are going to be the same and repetitive in a next gen game anyway?), but the game itself is so good that they could easily slap in another 10 hours and not get boring.

Who says any longer than 10 hours will get boring and repetitive? Shooters are the same as every other genre, if the story and gameplay sucks, the game sucks. Obviously the gameplay in GoW doesnt suck from what the previews have shown, so whats holding them back from writing in another few hours of story? Not to say its bad or anything, but like I said, 3 years to make it, a day to finish it. Big woop.

It's a shooter, don't compare the disappointing 10 hour gameplay of Fable to a normal length for a shooter.

Haha, Ill do what I want, kthxbai.

BackFire
Mist, keep in mind the 12 hour estimate you're referring to is based on employees of Epic rushing through the game on average difficulty. The game, for someone who is going slowly and trying to find all the COG tags and while playing on a harder difficult could easily reach 20 hours.

Mišt
True hmm

Smasandian
12 hours is fine as long as 1) The replay value is high for the single player and 2) The game has strong online multiplayer.

And who didn't like Ravenholm? That was the best part of HL2.

Well, I loved it myself, but I just chose Ravenholm.

Mist, by going by your reason that next gen should have longer games would mean that by the next 3 generations we would have games going for 40-50 hours. That's totally unreasonable.

I seriously think if Call Of Duty had 10 hours of filler just to make people feel good in spending thier cash, I would hate the game. It's good because its memorable and I can play the singleplayer over and over because its so intense, but if they added 10 hours of the same battles and explosions without anymore memorable setpieces, I would seriously get bored. It aint the developers fault for thinking of more things to put in the game, its the cost of producing an 25 hours shooter thats has intense gameplay for all those hours. Just think how long it will take the make a game like that?

Next gen has nothing to do with the length of games. Next gen only refers to graphics, sounds, and innovating ideas like the Wiimote, not to increase playing time.

office jesus
Two weeks away. *Whine* I want it NOW.

BackFire
More like a week, really. The game's released on the 7th, so should be in most stores on the 8th or 9th.

Lana
Some places will probably get same-day shipments of it, though. I know we are, and honestly, I'm surprised we're not out of preorders.

BackFire
Yeah, gamestop and Eb are putting up the buck to get their own trucks down to the MS headquarters to pick the game up at the stroke of midnight on the 7th to get it back to their stores as quickly as possible.

BackFire
Oh yes, there are several new High Def videos of the game at Gametrailers.com, showing some wonderful multiplayer action. Looks like a blast. http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1650

Mišt
Well, I loved it myself, but I just chose Ravenholm.

Mist, by going by your reason that next gen should have longer games would mean that by the next 3 generations we would have games going for 40-50 hours. That's totally unreasonable.

I seriously think if Call Of Duty had 10 hours of filler just to make people feel good in spending thier cash, I would hate the game. It's good because its memorable and I can play the singleplayer over and over because its so intense, but if they added 10 hours of the same battles and explosions without anymore memorable setpieces, I would seriously get bored. It aint the developers fault for thinking of more things to put in the game, its the cost of producing an 25 hours shooter thats has intense gameplay for all those hours. Just think how long it will take the make a game like that?

Next gen has nothing to do with the length of games. Next gen only refers to graphics, sounds, and innovating ideas like the Wiimote, not to increase playing time.

Unreasonable why? If Halo or Half Life 2 or Gears of War were good enough and spanned that long, and had quality gaming, why would that be a bad thing?

You keep assuming anything over 10 hours would be filler and repetitive and therefore shit. Why would they plonk in another 10 hours of gameplay that would not be memorable, if they have the capabilities to do so? How many successful expansions have been made for games like Medal of Honor and so on? They could plonk all that into a single game if they wanted to nowadays, they'd just need to spend a bit more developing time on making the story and action worth it.. At least then it would be worth paying $$ for.

No, next gen is taking games further than their predecessors. This includes playtime, as playtime is tied with gameplay, which is tied to graphics and sound and all that 'filler'. And whats the use of making a shooter on say, blu ray, if you're just going to cram in a bunch of pretty graphics and sounds and not expand the gameplay longer than typical 10 hours because thats what gamers have come to expect? Where does the shooting genre evolve, if its just about making things sound better and look better.

El_NINO
Oddly enough, here in Toronto Canada, the Best Buy stores here will have the collectors edition on Nov 7th first and then on Nov 30 they will start selling the regular game. I might have to get the collectors edition... but I think I can manage a few weeks without the game. So with that, Lana... is your EB store selling the collectors edition first or both?

Lana
We'll be getting and selling both at the same time. We'll probably have more extras of the Collectors, though.

El_NINO
Ya, I mean its odd they wouldnt sell both here at the same time. To be honest I havent checked other stores either but I will check the EB store close to me too and see if they will have it.

Smasandian

Superboy Prime
If you want to see a perfect example of a game lasting longer than it should and how it affects the overall fun package play King Kong. The game had fun ideas, but they it stretched it thin and in the end it got boring.

Superboy Prime
I can't wait ><

InnerRise
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
If you want to see a perfect example of a game lasting longer than it should and how it affects the overall fun package play King Kong. The game had fun ideas, but they it stretched it thin and in the end it got boring. I heard King Kong was pretty short.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

InnerRise
Half Life 2 is roughly 15-20 hours. It took 5 years to make. See how I see it unreasonable for a developer to create memorable gameplay for a shooter over 40 hours. How long are you willing to wait for a game?

Why wont developers make the game longer? Because it costs alot of money and time to create another 20 hours of gameplay that still as memorable as the first 20 hours? Are you willing to pay for that extra 20 hours of gameplay?

Gameplay length has nothing to do with innovation. Next generation nowadays has nothing to do with innovation unless its tied down to the techinical aspects of the console. What' soo different about FPS today that wasnt around in 98? Are you trying to say that if a game is longer than 20hrs that it will cost more than if it was less than 20hrs? Because that's not true.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Smasandian
If it was an FPS, it might be.

Just think... an AAA FPS game like Half Life, FEAR and Doom 3 take upwards of 4-5 years to make. That's just for 20 hours of gameplay at the most. What makes those Half Life 2 and FEAR so good is because at all times the action is memorable. Gamers then think that game is really good.

But if somebody wants an FPS shooter to be that memorable and 40 hours of gameplay, wouldnt the game take almost twice as long as the 20 hour, thus costing alot more money to make.? So if a developer had to do that, wouldnt the cost of the game increase signficantly. This is just for FPS, not RPG's or RTS's that increase the gameplay by repetitive tasks

Mišt
They can easily expand the development team if needed to make the game longer and better.

Look at say, BF 2142 being released now. It hasnt changed much, probably lasts the same amount of game time, just has different models and levels etc, but they are charging $120AU for it. Now that is an unreasonable price for a game so short and not very advanced, however if it was a true next gen game, then the money would be worth it, look at PS3 games, they are costing what, about $150AU or so last I read? If the content was good and the gameplay lasted longer than 10 hours, then I'd say yes, it would be a reasonable asking price. But theres no way in hell I'd pay that much for a game I can finish in a day.

BackFire
Woooo, 1 week guys, 1 f'ing week. FFXII came out at a perfect time, that will last probably just long enough to hold me over until Gears comes out.

Also, for those who care, the Players Guide comes out today, I believe (November 1st). So you can get the guide and study the online maps to get the edge on your opopnents, and look at all the nifty screenshots.

Smasandian

H. S. 6
Why is the GameStop around me telling me GOW doesn't come out until the 12th? confused

InnerRise
They're simply playing you for a fool. Don't back down. miffed

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

J-Beowulf
Gears of War is coming out to stores that specifically sell video games (Gamestop, EBGames, etc.) on the 7th. Bigger retailers such as Wal-Mart and others like it by the 12th. The 7th is the earliest stores will have it, the 12th is the day that every retailer will have it in stock.

H. S. 6
Gears of War is coming out to stores that specifically sell video games (Gamestop, EBGames, etc.) on the 7th. Bigger retailers such as Wal-Mart and others like it by the 12th. The 7th is the earliest stores will have it, the 12th is the day that every retailer will have it in stock.

Ah...

Thanks. I'll have to check again then.

BackFire
Best Buy and Circuit City are saying they'll get the game on the 8th or 9th. The 12th is the latest stores will get it, most should have it a bit before then. Expect most stores to get it the day they normally get new games, a day or two after it ships.

crazy_shadow
15 days!!!

BackFire
15? More like 7.

InnerRise
Gears of War is coming out to stores that specifically sell video games (Gamestop, EBGames, etc.) on the 7th. Bigger retailers such as Wal-Mart and others like it by the 12th. The 7th is the earliest stores will have it, the 12th is the day that every retailer will have it in stock. Well he said the store that told him that was Gamestop so..............

El_NINO
Here at Best Buy they will have a 1 day special of $59.99 canadian.

BackFire
Eeeeeeek, four more days. Possibly three.

Smasandian
It's coming out on Tuesday?

Really, I though it was later than that.

crazy_shadow
yea tuesday i was messing round /w the 15 days lol

Smasandian
Cool.

The only problem I have is if I should buy, or just rent.

And that I have like 10 games on the go right now.

crazy_shadow

WrathfulDwarf
Here is the list of achievements:

The Gears of War Achievements are as follows:

(source: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=832007)

1. Prison Breakout- 10

2. Completed Act 1 on Casual- 10

3. Completed Act 2 on Casual- 10

4. Completed Act 3 on Casual- 10

5. Completed Act 4 on Casual- 10

6. Completed Act 5 on Casual- 10

7. Mercenary (unlocks Gamer Pic)- 10

8. Completed Act 1 on Hardcore- 20

9. Completed Act 2 on Hardcore- 20

10. Completed Act 3 on Hardcore- 20

11. Completed Act 4 on Hardcore- 20

12. Completed Act 5 on Hardcore- 20

13. Soldier (unlocks Gamer pic)- 20

14. Completed Act 1 on Insane- 30

15. Completed Act 2 on Insane- 30

16. Completed Act 3 on Insane- 30

17. Completed Act 4 on Insane- 30

18. Completed Act 5 on Insane- 30

19. Commando (unlocks Gamer Pic)- 30

20. Time to Remember (Recover 10 COG tags)- 10

21. Honor Bound (Recover 20 COG tags)- 20

22. For the Fallen (Recover 30 COG tags)- 30

23. My Love for You is Like a Truck (Defeat a Berserker on Hardcore Difficulty)- 30

24. Broken Fingers (Defeat a Corpser on Hardcore Difficulty)- 30

25. A Dish Best Served Cold (Defeat General RAAM on Hardcore Difficulty)- 30

26. Dom-curious (Complete 1 co-op chapter as Dom)- 10

27. Domination (Complete 10 chapters as Dom)- 20

28. I Can't Quit You Dom (Complete all acts w/ Dom)- 30

29. Don't You Die on Me (Revive 100 teammates in ranked matches)- 10

30. A Series of Tubes (Host 50 completed ranked matches)- 20

31. Fall Down Go Boom (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches w/ the Boomshot)- 20

32. Pistolero (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches w/ a Pistol)- 20

33. The Nuge (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches w/ the Torquebow)- 20

34. I Spy With My Little Eye (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches w/ the Longshot)- 20

35. Don't Hurt'Em (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches w/ the Hammer of Dawn)- 20

36. It's a Massacre (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches w/ the Chainsaw)- 10

37. Curb Appeal (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with the Curb Stomp)- 20

38. Capital Punishment (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with an Execution)- 20

39. Crackdown (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with Melee)- 20

40. Is it a Spider? (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with a Grenade Tag)- 30

41. The Money Shot (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with a Head Shot)- 20

42. Always Remember Your First (Finish playing a Versus match)- 10

43. Don't Hate the Player (Finish w/ the highest points in a ranked match)- 10

44. Mix it up (Win a ranked match in every Versus game type)- 20

45. Can't Touch Me (Win 10 ranked matches w/out losing a round)- 20

46. Around the World (Win a ranked match on every Versus map)- 30

47. Seriously...(unlocks Gamer Pic; Kill 10,000 people in Versus Ranked Match total)- 50

Gears of War is almost here! big grin

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by InnerRise
I heard King Kong was pretty short.

The game is short. The gameplay still got boring after 2 hours.

BackFire
I picked up teh guide yesterday, it's nice. The maps of the multiplayer maps are nice. They're handdrawn by epic employees.

BackFire
One more day!

IceJaw
I have to wait till 17th erm

Europe is ALWAYS last erm

EDIT : Saving up money to buy Disgaea 2, I'll try to get GoW around christmas

InnerRise
I'll be getting an Xbox 360 for christmas. There aren't really any Killer Apps for me that are out that I want. I'm really just getting it, b/c it's about time that I got one. Maybe I'll finally getting into Shooter with Gears of War and some others. It looks good, but I've just never gotten into Shooters. I am into Assassins Creed though, so that's one I definitely want. I don't have Broadband though, so I still won't get to experience all that the Xbox360 has to offer, so you'll have to excuse my lack of excitement on getting an Xbox360.

Anybody else have a Xbox360 while not having Broadband?

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
The game is short. The gameplay still got boring after 2 hours. That's not good at all then. erm

Smasandian
I dont think you can use XBOX Live with dialup. And I dont think you want too.

El_NINO
You wont connect to XBOX Live with a dial up connection, it wont let you and if you do your experience will not be good because you will be way too slow to do anything.

Superboy Prime
Shame you don't have broadband. The 360's online is what makes me so happy about the console; although the console itself is impressive. Right Live won't let you connect without broadband, but with a mod you probably can. If you don't have broadband then I recommend modding the console to upgrade it and use it for much more stuff. After all it's probably the cheapest computer one can buy and without Live there's no need to worry about getting your account banned.

Superboy Prime
In the achievements list what exactly does Soldier, Mercenary and Comman mean? I mean what does one have to do, any idea?

InnerRise
Yeah, I know I wouldn't be able to use XboxLive. That's why I'm not as enthusiastic about getting the system. I feel so behind on everything, not understanding the XboxLive's interface and all. Whenever I see it on TV or somewhere it looks so complicated and confusing and jumbled and congested and busy.

I want to get it down pat and be in the know, I hate this.

They don't have Broadband in my area. This is 2000 and fu***ng 6 people!!!!

Get with it America and move beyond this age of oppression. UGH!!!

Smasandian
So if you knew that you needed broadband, why did you ask if people had XBOX Live on dailup?

InnerRise
I asked if anybody had Xbox360 without Broadband. Not XboxLIVE.

I wanted to know if anybody was stuck in the same position I see myself in in a month and not able to use XboxLive while still having the system.

BackFire
The manager of the local gamestop where I preordered said he should have them tomorrow at 11:00 am.

Smasandian
Originally posted by InnerRise
I asked if anybody had Xbox360 without Broadband. Not XboxLIVE.

I wanted to know if anybody was stuck in the same position I see myself in in a month and not able to use XboxLive while still having the system.

But you still knew the answer. You knew the answer that you cant have XBOX Live without Broadband.

Lucky bastard Backfire, I dont get it until Thursday. See how it sucks living in Canada.

InnerRise
But you still knew the answer. You knew the answer that you cant have XBOX Live without Broadband.

Lucky bastard Backfire, I dont get it until Thursday. See how it sucks living in Canada. Yes I did know that,therefore I didn't ask that question. Anything else?

WrathfulDwarf
Well, everything is set up.

I've already got approve for a three day vacation from work.

I've already got confirmation that my copy will arrive tomorrow.

My phone is unplug and my reclining chair is ready for me to seat my ass down and be comfy to play Gears of War all day tomorrow and the weekend. All I have to do is just order me a Large Meat lovers pizza and a 2 litter of Dr Pepper. Ahhhh...this is living!

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, everything is set up.

I've already got approve for a three day vacation from work.

I've already got confirmation that my copy will arrive tomorrow.

My phone is unplug and my reclining chair is ready for me to seat my ass down and be comfy to play Gears of War all day tomorrow and the weekend. All I have to do is just order me a Large Meat lovers pizza and a 2 litter of Dr Pepper. Ahhhh...this is living!

Where you getting it from?

Damn, too bad you don't have Live, it would be a blast to play with ya.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm getting my copy from EB games.

Yeah, don't remind me about XBL. sad

But it is written in our destiny that we are to meet each other in a bloody match. stick out tongue

BackFire
What time tomorrow do they think they'll have it in? It's weird, so many different stores are saying so many different things. Some say the 8th, some say the 7th, some say the 9th.

But your plans for tomorrow sound awesome, meatlovers pizza+gears+soda = heaven.

I have class tomorrow evening, going to be a looooonnnnng class.

Lana
The ship date is tomorrow, so when the stores actually get it varies. Most of the time, the game doesn't actually get into the store until the day after it ships. I know my store will have it tomorrow, but we likely won't get our shipment in until 4-5pm.

Solo
pizza+gears+soda = heaven.
Hopefully, I'll be getting my copy tomorrow, and do just that.

WrathfulDwarf
I would say tommorrow as well. I check for any midnight releases but none of my local gamestores will be open so late. Nor will they have the game so early.

BF I know what you're saying. Hang in there....you're bound to make the A list for your efforts.

BackFire
I've heard that the game has been shipping over the last few days and some stores actually have the game sitting in the back waiting for tomorrow.

InnerRise
I just saw a live showing of this game being played on Attack of the Show and drool

I've never purchased a shooter but this game looks very good and the controls and the camera movement and... drool

So yeah. I can see why yall are so excited and what the big hoopla is about.

I'm definitely more assured in my decision on getting a Xbox360 for christmas, not being a big xbox fan myself.

So ummmm.....yeah......... And I like how it's not the type of shooter where all you see is the gun in front of you. I definitely wouldn't like that.

I'll definitely be able to get into it since you can actually see your character running around and the such and dodging and rolling and ducking and running and shooting and chain sawing.

If only I had that Xbox360 now.

The host of Attack of the Show, Kevin Pereira played the game on easy at first and got through it in about 7 hours and then went back and played on normal and said that it was a completely different experience and much harder and finished within 10-11 hrs.

Have fun tomorrow you lucky b@st@rds. tongue

Spartan005
I can't friggin wait to get this game... I could easily buy it tommorrow but my b-day is in a month and Christmas less than 20 days after that.. so I think I'll save my money for something else......

Like the legendary collectors edition of Halo 3 droolio

InnerRise
I hate those B-Day's right next to Christmas. Mine is in January and I don't get any good stuff for my birthday being that they blow all of their money on me during Christmas.

D@mn me and my expensive Christmas lists. But I won't stop and I Shalln't stop. I'll use them for all the money they're worth. If I don't get it all for Christmas, who's to say somebody else won't get it all for Christmas and use up their money instead of me..........like my foolish sister.

Yeah..........Gears of War confused I'm getting it for Christmas as well.

BackFire
Ugh, today is going sooo slow.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>