Thank You For Smoking

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tptmanno1
Just saw this one today, and I am happy to report that it was not a dissapointment, although I still don't know exactly what to make of it. You ended up rooting for the bad guy simply because no-one was right and the one that is more likable is the worst one.
It made me almost feel guilty that I laughed when we did but thats ok.
Its hard to discribe so just go see it.

Nevermind
I've seen the trailer for this and I really want to see it when it comes out, thanks for the report.

Myth
I thought this movie was awesome. It has some amazing dialog and survives on nearly that alone. I highly recommend for those of you more interested in dialog and story than special effects.

The_Olympian
The Greatest part of the movie was that there WAS no moral at the end, just like the book!

C-Dic
I saw it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. Whipsmart and very true, from what I can see. It's fair and not slanderous, which is what matters the most.

BackFire
I've been confused by this movie, from what I've seen on trailers it looked like some Anti-smoking propaganda, but then people say it's fair and all. Does it actually respect both sides of the debate on smoking? Or, does it mock both sides?

Myth
Its definitely not anti-smoking, but it does make fun of how the company doesn't care too much if it kills. It more or less advertises choice, but also hints that smoking isn't smart.

Tptmanno1
Originally posted by BackFire
I've been confused by this movie, from what I've seen on trailers it looked like some Anti-smoking propaganda, but then people say it's fair and all. Does it actually respect both sides of the debate on smoking? Or, does it mock both sides?
I think the best way to discribe it is to say that the movie uses smoking as not only an example but as a means to explain to us that no matter what you believe, the truth is distorted and you can't believe everything you hear.
So it doesn't support anythign merly introduces the fact that we live in a world of spin.

fruits
i just saw this movie and i friggen loved it. like, honestly one of my favs. everything was GREAT. i think i found my new career.....haha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.