The Sentry did something? **spoilers**

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
So i heard the sentry finally did something in New Avengers...

anyone got scans of his fight with the collective?

did anyone even read the issue?.....

Thunderstrike
TS want scans!

King_Mungi
He didn't do much, but since people are asking can I get scans of the monitor with all the pictures of the depowered mutants?

H. S. 6
What did he do? blink

Scans?

stormfront13
yeah, could i get scans of the moniter as well? i can't believe phantazia was de-powered! such a unique character, and now she's the only "human" besides magneto who remembers HOM.

Lucid Lui
Scansacoming...

Lucid Lui
Scansahoy!

1. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6025/newavengersv118109sf.jpg
2. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9621/newavengersv118119ic.jpg
3. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9128/newavengersv118146dy.jpg
4. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8713/newavengersv118150jr.jpg

Considering how easily the Collective wrecked Binary before it, i'd say that's an impressive showing for Sentry. And a good issue IMO.

We find out that this guy was created by all the mutant energy lost as a result of M-Day, being funneled into one person. And i guess he's just gone kinda... whacked. As you would.

Black Adam
thanks for the scans Lucid Lui.

marvelprince
Freakin awesome. This won't hit stands for another 2 wks here so I'm glad for the scans. Thanx alot Lucid Lui

Thunderstrike
That's pretty crazy. That thing wrecked Sentry with ease. How the heck are they gonna stop it?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Scansahoy!

1. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6025/newavengersv118109sf.jpg
2. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9621/newavengersv118119ic.jpg
3. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9128/newavengersv118146dy.jpg
4. http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8713/newavengersv118150jr.jpg

Considering how easily the Collective wrecked Binary before it, i'd say that's an impressive showing for Sentry. And a good issue IMO.

We find out that this guy was created by all the mutant energy lost as a result of M-Day, being funneled into one person. And i guess he's just gone kinda... whacked. As you would. I thought Sentry was two seconds ahead of everything? That didn't help him there.

Thunderstrike
Just his molecules. Not his brain. It looked like the collective was utilizing Magneto's abilities there.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I thought Sentry was two seconds ahead of everything? That didn't help him there. You know with a power like that it'll never be used properly. Or it'd be extremely boring. Those kind of powers are stupid...

King_Mungi
Lucid can I get scans of the screen at the end?

snoopdogg
You know with a power like that it'll never be used properly. Or it'd be extremely boring. Those kind of powers are stupid... I have a theory that Sentry don't actually have those powers. They were just something that was said about Sentry when he was considered a joke.

His latest handbook bio says nothing of such a power. And I think it would be worht mentioning if he had it.

Black Adam
I thought Sentry was two seconds ahead of everything? That didn't help him there.

laughing

well that thing does have millions of mutant powers and energy.

he's bound to have some type of time based powers in there

or maybe the writers will just ignore the two seconds ahead of everyone power and just downgrade him to superduper speed laughing

Black Adam
I have a theory that Sentry don't actually have those powers. They were just something that was said about Sentry when he was considered a joke.

His latest handbook bio says nothing of such a power. And I think it would be worht mentioning if he had it.

really?

I keep hearing that two second ahead of everyone thing being tossed around by sentry fanboys.

i was beginning to believe it was a part of his powerset.

marvelprince
I don't think that's the last of the Sentry. Im sure in the next issue at least there is gonna be a round 2.

BTW, did Spider-Man contribute anything? Did he come close to figuring out anything that can stop the Collective? And who's is on the second team he's supposed to be leading

Lucid Lui
I have a theory that Sentry don't actually have those powers. They were just something that was said about Sentry when he was considered a joke.

His latest handbook bio says nothing of such a power. And I think it would be worht mentioning if he had it. Probably right. Hopefully they clear it up in the final issue of his mini. And by clear it up i mean get rid of it.

Thunderstrike

I looked it up. It's one step ahead of the current timeline. However, it's not like Zoom. It's seemed to manifest itself so he can control solar energy and use it as a way to enhance his normal abilities, and enhance some sort of latent psychic ability, making him a cross between X-man, Superman, and adding a little more spice. Also, if this thing has the powers of some psychic mutants, it could make sure Sentry doesn't know what it's going to do.

Black Adam
Originally posted by marvelprince
I don't think that's the last of the Sentry. Im sure in the next issue at least there is gonna be a round 2.

BTW, did Spider-Man contribute anything? Did he come close to figuring out anything that can stop the Collective? And who's is on the second team he's supposed to be leading

i heard he was the one that figured out that the collective was all of the mutant powers that were lost in house of M.

Guess bendis was trying to show off petes smarts.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Lucid can I get scans of the screen at the end? 1. http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5094/collectivepowerset8hn.jpg

I got a pleasant surprise seeing Chamber.

Though there seems to be some mistakes. Like, Black Tom just appeared in New Excalibur with his powers, but he's listed.

Fanboy
Ha ha Bob the SENTRY.

Hilarious.eek!

Thunderstrike
What did Spidey say after that?

H. S. 6
1. http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5094/collectivepowerset8hn.jpg

Though there seems to be some mistakes. Like, Black Tom just appeared in New Excalibur with his powers, but he's listed.

Since when did the Vision come back....

Or is that not the Vision? confused

Validus
thumb down

I was hoping for more of a fight after seeing it advertised as Sentry Vs Michael. All they did was trade some punches. Good issue otherwise.

Black Adam
Originally posted by H. S. 6

young avengers vision.

not old vision.

Lucid Lui

Or is that not the Vision? confused He's been around now for awhile in Young Avengers.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Black Adam
young avengers vision.

not old vision.
He's been around now for awhile in Young Avengers.

Ah... I don't read Young Avengers...

marvelprince

Its more like Vision 2.0. After Vision got ripped in half in Dissasembled he was put in storage. Iron Lad (Teen Kang from the future) came back and downloaded Viz into his armour. Then Viz took over Iron Lad's armour and is now what you see in the panel. So he's basically Vision, but with Iron Lad's brain waves and memories but not Vision's memories

marvelprince
So who was the brand new hero who joins the Marvel echelon?

Black Adam
Originally posted by marvelprince
So who was the brand new hero who joins the Marvel echelon?

?????

Validus
?????
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=4069

marvelprince
New Avengers #18
Written by Brian Michael Bendis, Pencils by Mike Deodato Jr. & Cover by Steve McNiven
THE COLLECTIVE CONTINUES! A staggering being of immeasurable energy has struck the earth and the Mighty Avengers are fighting against it with everything they have. Guest starring the Young Avengers, Ms. Marvel and... a brand new hero joins the Marvel echelon.

I'm refering to the person solicited for this iss. Who was it?

Lucid Lui
Noone that i saw...

King_Mungi
1. http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5094/collectivepowerset8hn.jpg

Thanks a lot. smile

Black Adam
Originally posted by Validus
http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=4069

oh........

maybe he appears in the next issue.

Lucid Lui
Unless it's that Daisy earthquake chick. But she's not exactly "brand new".

I can see it now... She defeats Micheal by exploding his heart...

Black Adam
Unless it's that Daisy earthquake chick. But she's not exactly "brand new".

I can see it now... She defeats Micheal by exploding his heart...

Daisy earthquake chick? when did she first appear?

who is she?

Lucid Lui
She's an Angelina Jolie clone. She's Nick Fury's golden girl from Secret War. In this issue she's being called by SHIELD and Captain America.

marvelprince
Heard about her, assumed it was her but don't really see her significance

Adam Warlock
Well, that battle doesn't seem finished. Considering The Collective wiped his ass with Alpha Flight and Warbird, that's not a bad showing of Sentry.

Thunderstrike
To be honest, nothing really could have that kind of a showing against THAT much power that's short of a celestial. Also, what did Spidey say in the next page?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
To be honest, nothing really could have that kind of a showing against THAT much power that's short of a celestial. Also, what did Spidey say in the next page? Nothing. There's just a double page splash off the Collective heading back to earth and that's the end.

Soleran
To be honest, nothing really could have that kind of a showing against THAT much power that's short of a celestial. Also, what did Spidey say in the next page?

Or sUperman!

DigiMark007
Damn....well, at least someone got the better of Sentry finally. After stalemating Genis, I thought we'd never see him actually beaten. And it wasn't exactly a win, but the Collective seemed to have the upper hand.

Laminator_X
It looked like he threw the Senrty down a wormhole or something, much like when Genis dumped him into a microverse. He'll be back soon enough.

willRules

Yeah and I can't see Xavier on there yet he supposedly lost his powers ( Unfortunately sad )

CaptainStoic
It wasn't really a win from my view point, and like Laminator X said he'll be back. Genis Vell is a good idea, perhaps he should step up, and join the fight to help stop this guy.

Black Adam
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
It wasn't really a win from my view point, and like Laminator X said he'll be back. Genis Vell is a good idea, perhaps he should step up, and join the fight to help stop this guy.

genis is sort of... Dead at the moment.

Black Adam
seeing as Lucid Lui is the only one who read the issue.

who were the young avengers that were there in the issue?

was patriot there? did the YA say anything?

King_Mungi
seeing as Lucid Lui is the only one who read the issue.

who were the young avengers that were there in the issue?

was patriot there? did the YA say anything?

Patriot, Wiccan, Hulking, Stature and Vision were there. They were talking to Jarvis and talking how Rick Jones stopped the Kree/Skrull war without any powers and technically he was the first young avengers and how tell all want to meet him, except Stature who already had. Then Iron Man pops up in hologram form and asks for Vision assistance. The YA only were there on one page.

Soleran
Vision is going to get beat up and smooshed again I can feel it coming...............................huh who was fighting Sentry again on the other page yeah IM or more like IL/Vision.

Thunderstrike
genis is sort of... Dead at the moment.

When has that ever stopped him?

Tshern
Who fought Sentry in those scans and does anyone have a bio?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Tshern
Who fought Sentry in those scans and does anyone have a bio?

That's the Collective, his name is Micheal and he has all the powers of the mutants that lost their powers after House of M.

Tshern
There's a bio about him? And thanks a lot.

King_Mungi
There's a bio about him? And thanks a lot.

Not yet, we really don't know fully about him. The Collective energy landed in the North Pole (a city in Alaska) and hit a post office. They belief the Collective is a post man named Micheal who got the power.

Tshern
And he sure has a lot of power since millions of mutants lost their powers...

King_Mungi
And he sure has a lot of power since millions of mutants lost their powers...

Indeed he does, he beat Binary, Iron Man, Alpha Flight what looks like not much trouble at all.

Tshern
Indeed he does, he beat Binary, Iron Man, Alpha Flight what looks like not much trouble at all.

Who were in Alpha Flight at that time? Anyhow, he has to be strong as hell. I think it's good that somehow defeated Sentry, although there probably will be a second round in near future. And thanks again for the info.

Thunderstrike
This is what stinks about the Bendis lineup. It's got no versatility. They need more heavy hitters like Quasar and so forth to make sure it's not just enhanced humans. Aside from Sentry, the two strongest in there are Luke Cage and Spider-Man.

Validus
Iron Man in his Extremis armor is top tier.

Black Adam
This is what stinks about the Bendis lineup. It's got no versatility. They need more heavy hitters like Quasar and so forth to make sure it's not just enhanced humans. Aside from Sentry, the two strongest in there are Luke Cage and Spider-Man.

And Ironman.

King_Mungi
Who were in Alpha Flight at that time? Anyhow, he has to be strong as hell. I think it's good that somehow defeated Sentry, although there probably will be a second round in near future. And thanks again for the info.

Guardian
Major Mapleleaf
Puck
Puck II
Sasquatch
Shaman
Vindicator

but these were temporal copies of the team, while the real Alpha Flight which is stronger than this team is in space.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Validus
Iron Man in his Extremis armor is top tier.

Aside from him being able to control his armor with his mind, what else does it give him?

Validus
Aside from him being able to control his armor with his mind, what else does it give him?
Superspeed reactions and a healing factor able to regrow whole organs for starters. In IM #7 he stopped Crimson Dynamo's heart and restarted it. If before he was a top level mid tier, I'd say now he's a low level top tier.

Arahan
I read that issue today and I am glad that Spidey gets more credit.

The Collective is great idea, the way Michael kicked the asses of Ironman, Ms.Marvel and Sentry was real bad.

But Sentry wasnt really beaten, like said before he was somehow sucked in a hole. We will see more in the next issue.

The girl is the daughter of Mr.Hyde, Daisy Johnson.
She is powerful but I would prefere to see a Ms.Marvel on the team.

Possible new Avenger:

Freedom Ring

Adam Warlock
You know, the Collective looks like a really cut Professor X with his bald head and all.

King_Mungi
Many speculated it was the Professor until he appeared in the X-Men: Deadly Genesis mini powerless.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
You know, the Collective looks like a really cut Professor X with his bald head and all.
Everyone with a bald head looks like Prof.X like Surfer,Master order,Chronus and a bunch more.

Adam Warlock
Many speculated it was the Professor until he appeared in the X-Men: Deadly Genesis mini powerless.

Sh!t. Don't read too much X-men.

This collective being has the powers of Professor X and Mags right? Isn't that like Onslaught all over again? Tossing in a few million other mutant powers and what not and poof... You have the Collective.

This guy seems like Onslaught x 2 power wise. Maybe 3. Possibly more. I'll wait for the next issue to see if he's still in the fight or if he was BFR'd too the Astral Plane or Microverse or what not. Or if he's really that powerful and was able to put Sentry down.

Thunderstrike
I know who SHOULD beat him.
http://www.urbanshogun.com/matrix/namor_redesign.jpg
because then we would see Darkcrawler freak.

Black Adam
I know who SHOULD beat him.
http://www.urbanshogun.com/matrix/namor_redesign.jpg
because then we would see Darkcrawler freak.

Namor would be ***** slapped away into another state by the collective before he even knew what hit him......

Yeah I said it DC.

Soleran
Wow Namor in an actual costume thats pretty cool.............if your a surfersmile Its better then his nuthuggers though!

Thunderstrike
Namor's had some pretty kickass costumes before.

marvelprince

And Iron Man. I kinda disagree here. While I would love Quasar on this team to make it perfect I don't think its too unbalanced. You have Sentry and Iron Man as top tier, Luke Cage and Spider-Man on the middle and then street levels Cap, Wolvie, Spider-Woman and Ronin(who I miss). Remember there were a lot of past Avenger incarnation that lacked firepower

Arahan
At least they could kick Ronin out and take Ms.Msrvel.

Validus
She already turned down Cap's offer for membership.

marvelprince
Ok, that would be better. I still want Ronin as a reserve member though. Let her sub for Wolverine

marvelprince
I think after the Collective arc she's gonna join. She's been around too much lately not to

Disappear
except that while she's been around, her entirely deal has been to get back in the grit of things and work from the bottom up, proving herself as an individual super hero worthy of some respect. or something.

powers the collective has:
create a sub-dimensional void, perhaps outside of his chest
superhuman attributes due to passive bio-energy
weather powers akin to storm's
at least two types of forcefields
at least two forms of teleportation
magnetic abilities aligned to both poles of earth's electromagnetic field
ability to exist in an electromagnetic/astral state
all sorts of superstrength
vibratory powers/connection to the earth
invisibility
telekinesis
various telepathic abilities
feralism

the list goes on. holy shit.

who are the two green people near the top, and the one who looks like sasquatch? my first thoughts were radioactive man, abomination, baymax and/or sasquatch, but none of them are mutants.

King KAM
sentry didnt seem hurt......he didnt seem anything...he just fell...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Disappear
except that while she's been around, her entirely deal has been to get back in the grit of things and work from the bottom up, proving herself as an individual super hero worthy of some respect. or something.

powers the collective has:
create a sub-dimensional void, perhaps outside of his chest
superhuman attributes due to passive bio-energy
weather powers akin to storm's
at least two types of forcefields
at least two forms of teleportation
magnetic abilities aligned to both poles of earth's electromagnetic field
ability to exist in an electromagnetic/astral state
all sorts of superstrength
vibratory powers/connection to the earth
invisibility
telekinesis
various telepathic abilities
feralism

the list goes on. holy shit.

who are the two green people near the top, and the one who looks like sasquatch? my first thoughts were radioactive man, abomination, baymax and/or sasquatch, but none of them are mutants.

Sabra hasnt lost her powers though.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Disappear

The one that looks like Abomination is named Freakout.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.