Condemned: Criminal Origins - PC demo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RuthlessRufus

crazy_shadow
i bought it for the 360 for awhile, the game is not scary whatsoever. It disappointed me knowing it was supposebly "terrifying and horrific environmental". I actually laughed more then jumped. In fact I only jumped once through out the whole thing because i was looking in some mall and a mannequin face popped up RIGHT in my face. other then that, it's crap to me. Too repetitive. So i sold it and got Oblivion.

RuthlessRufus
Hm, I already have Oblivion. I think despite your review I'm still gonna get it. It can't be that bad, Gamespy gave it 4.5/5. What was your favorite Condemned weapon?

crazy_shadow
the weapon technique is probably the only good thing about it IMO. I liked the fact you could take pipes off of walls or bars off of metal shelves and stuff. I mostly used the axe though.

crazy_shadow
the weapon technique is probably the only good thing about it IMO. I liked the fact you could take pipes off of walls or bars off of metal shelves and stuff. I mostly used the axe though.

crazy_shadow

Smasandian
It aint that bad.

It's not scary, but more an thriller. It's not made to make you jump out of your seat. It gives more of an freaky experience.

Graphics are all right.
Gameplay is repetitive, but the excellent hand to hand combat, excellent atmosphere, and amazing sound totally makes up for it.
And I give Monolith some credit, they made an original game.

I just think it needed a bit more work in terms of disversifying its environments and game structure.
Definitly a rent.

IcePunk
Why is everyone multi posting the same stuff today!?

RuthlessRufus
I played Condemned over the weekend, so good. Short, but good. My favorite part was when I tore a locker door off its hinges and bashed some derelicts over the head with it. Got out a lot of high school angst in that moment.

Smasandian
It's decent.

The story is not really there and could of been more fleshed out.
I didnt find it too short because I think if they had more levels it would of been more repitive and boring.

Overall, I would give 7/10. Very creep atmosphere and extremely violent.
Rent it and dont buy it.

RuthlessRufus
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's decent.

Overall, I would give 7/10. Very creep atmosphere and extremely violent.
Rent it and dont buy it.

Unless you plan to play it on the PC, in which case it's impossible to rent... and the PC Condemned is cheaper, anyway.

Smasandian
Well then, I'd probably not buy it, unless its around the 15-20 dollar range, and you can still trade it in.

RuthlessRufus
It's 39.99 for the PC Condemned at EB, new. Not so bad, I think. The price will probably come down a bit soon. I thought it was worth 40 bucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.