Is Bruce Wayne A Religious Person?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrHeavySilence
I always thought he was catholic..

NoFate007
As far as I know, he isn't, but I haven't read everything lol.

Syndicate_Lord
If you read Batman Year 2 a key conversation touches upon that issue:

Lesley Thompkins: "Do you ever pray, Bruce?"
Bruce: "No, not snce that night."

As far as we know, Bruce Wayne has never attended church and I think i've read somewhere a bit of him being fairly critical of religion... I really would not think of Bruce wayne as a religious man...

WrathfulDwarf
Bruce is basically like me....neutral. He is neither a religious person or an atheist. Which I think is pretty cool that they keep those out of the storyline. Of course Batman uses science to fight crime. He also has encounter Supernatural beings like The Demon, Spectre, and Shazam. You can basically assume he's split on both science and religion.

NoFate007
Yeah that's what I would think. I think he's in the same ballpark as I am. He believes there's most likely something out there that is beyond us, but he doesn't dwell on a religion or focus his thoughts on the Bible or anything like that. He's more into logic, and by seeing all the stuff that goes on in the universe, logically not everything can be explained by science, but blind faith isn't his way to go. Of course, even though I think he's kind of like me in that attitude, that had no affect on me liking Batman. I hate it when people do that lol.

Syndicate_Lord
I think he kniows they exist, sure. But he's not persay christian or whatever, as you said: neutral!

01ZERO
BATMAN DOESNT CARE ABOUT RELIGION

HellMaster93
AND THAT N00B EVIDENTLY DIDM'T CARE ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE WAS WRITING IN CAPS!

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by 01ZERO
BATMAN DOESNT CARE ABOUT RELIGION

lol, but he's the world's greatest detective. Why wouldn't he be interested in the biggest mystery of all time?

Alec Brood
There is a difference between interest and belief...

HellMaster93
Indeedy...

MrHeavySilence
http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Batman.html

AHAH! I knew he wasn't athiest/agnostic.

HellMaster93
Hmm... I believe he was raised a Catholic, yeah... and hobnestly I don't believe he believes himself... or not actively...

Jamaican
Well I know he KNOWS there's a God. He was on the Justice League (not sure about anymore, have been busy with things other than reading comics) with Zauriel, who's an Angel. Haven't they come into contact with The Spectre, who is God's Wrath? Too many supernatural things, and things that have to do with a higher being have taken place for him to just ignore those things. I think he's too smart to remain ignorant on that.

BUT there is a difference in KNOWING and BELIEVING in it. I think he knows but chooses not to believe in it. Chooses not to think that Him being there will change any thing of have any effect in his life. Wasn't that the case with Constantine? He knew but didn't believe? Something like that.

My 2 Cents...

HellMaster93
I agree there...

Alec Brood
If he knows, how can't he believe? How can someone not believe in aliens if they actually meet them?

Jamaican
Just b/c you have proof of something doesn't mean you'll BELIEVE IN IT. He knows it exists but probably chooses to not have faith in it. To not believe that it has any effect in his life whatsoever.

apoc001
Agreed. He likely puts that encounter in the same category as aliens, demons, ghosts, etc. No religion, though.

Alec Brood
I think he believes in god but just doesn't worship him.

HellMaster93
I believe he's really grown apart from religion after being raised as a good Catholic boy... heh... go Anglican church!!!!!!!!!!

Drifter

Alec Brood
Batman vs God. Go Batman.

HellMaster93
Indeed! I'm not sure about the whole plans to stop him though... smile

Alec Brood
Killing God is easy. All he needs is to make everyone atheists.

HellMaster93
hOW?

Alec Brood
He's the world's finest detective. That's his job to find out. Maybe proving that Jesus never existed or that the Bible is just bs. But he does not need to get involved into religion.

HellMaster93
Jesus DID exist. That's pretty much defibite fact... smile

Jamaican
I love Batman, I really do, but come on now.

Not that this is THE religion thread BUT - whether or not Jesus existed is not a question. Even people who don't believe in Christianity admit that he existed and did the things he did. They just believe he was just another prophet. And about the Bible - anyone who reads it would realize it's not BS as it has, and continues to prove itself as it predicted many of the things that has happened since its publication.

Batman would not have any control or anything that he could do to fight against God or anyone else near his level. I don't doubt that he could figure out what's going on, or why things occur, but he'd be helpless.

HellMaster93
He'd just stop existing.

Alec Brood
I have heard about the biblical code in which you can predict the future. There's a similar code in Moby Dick! I'm not here to debate on religion but Batman could at least once question his religion if he hasn't done it yet.

Neo_Version 7
How much prep would Batman get?

Dumbledore>all
So what religon is superman the kyrptonian , did the krypotonians belive in god? I'm thinking not because they were to advanced in science showing they focused their attention more on it then religon. They probaly belived in evolution like smart highly advanced beings would.

Also Superman, Spiderman,X-men , and BATMAN were created by jews!
That's funny that's why you see so many superheroes fighting nazis.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Dumbledore>all
So what religon is superman the kyrptonian , did the krypotonians belive in god? I'm thinking not because they were to advanced in science showing they focused their attention more on it then religon. They probaly belived in evolution like smart highly advanced beings would.

According to adherents.com, Superman is Methodist.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I always thought he was catholic..

I always thought he was a made-up Comicbook character.

wuTa
Originally posted by Jamaican
that the case with Constantine? He knew but didn't believe? Something like that.

Constantine knew and believed, but hated it....i guess if you had to do God's dirty work and fight Demons and Hell while still being mortal you would hate to believe what you know as well.

wuTa
Originally posted by Dumbledore>all

Actually. I dont think any of those superheros fought Nazis besides Superman...and Daredevil was created by a Jew and he's Catholic

xkalybr
Batman clearly does not believe in a religion and probably god as well.

Parents getting killed forced him to believe in himself and his skills only.

He doesn't pray, ever. He is into science and logic, not faith.

Alec Brood
Maybe he is the leader of a secret sect. Batmanology or Batmanism.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I always thought he was catholic.. In Kingdom Come WW asks Bruce to be her child's god-father. Does that mean he's catholic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.