Knightfall Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fosterco
I've read the NOVEL of Knightfall, but I haven't read the GRAPHIC NOVEL. How different is the Graphic Novel?

Morridini
I started reading it, got boring so I gave up. There are a lot of better comics out there to read.

Syndicate_Lord
The Knightfall graphic novel is sensational. Is the novel called "Knightfall and Beyond"... say, is that the 1 dapted to a radio show?

SpyCspider
i read the novel "Knightfall & Beyond" by Alan Grant or something....forget. It sums up the graphic novel series nicely, but missed out on some exciting plots. No Catwoman, no Riddler, etc. I read all 3 (or was it 4?) parts of it and enjoyed the art immensely.

Syndicate_Lord
Hmmm.... was tha adapted for the radio series, which I love and have on audio tape>..?

U Neek
The graphic novel is sooo much better than the novel. You get to see Batman fighting some of his toughest foes and being pushed as far as he can. The fight between him and Bane is also awesome, yet upsetting for die hard Batman fans.

Jean Paul Valley's emergence as the new Batman is also interesting, and some of the artwork of the new Batman costume he designs just takes my breath away!

I was a bit gutted that Knightfall The Crusade / Search didn't come out in Graphic Novel format (and if it did I missed those ones) but managed to collect all of them in single comic issues. These comics were brilliant as it showed Paul's Batman slowly developing into a Punisher type character. Plus the artwork and some of the story lines were thrilling!

And then Bruce coming back in Knightsend was just the icing on the cake for fans of Bruce Wayne's Batman. So to sum, if you haven't already got the graphic novels, go find them and buy them now!!

U

Gregory
Originally posted by U Neek
These comics were brilliant as it showed Paul's Batman slowly developing into a Punisher type character. Plus the artwork and some of the story lines were thrilling!

And then Bruce coming back in Knightsend was just the icing on the cake for fans of Bruce Wayne's Batman. So to sum, if you haven't already got the graphic novels, go find them and buy them now!!

We get Azbat going all Punisher on people, but the graphic novels are highly flawed because they leave important issues out. Most notably, they leeave out the issue where Azrael murders a serial killer, and then can't rescue one of his victims because he has no idea where he's being held. How the hell could DC have left that out? Other then when Bane breaks Batman's back, it's probably the single most importanmt scene in the entire story, and they just ditched it.

They also didn't reprint the part where Bruce is healed. Talk about a "Huh?" moment. So you can read the graphic novels if you want, fosterco, since you already know the story, but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone just pick them up.

U Neek
I did say that I was "a bit gutted that Knightfall The Crusade / Search didn't come out in Graphic Novel format". Sorry for not stressing how important some of the issues were due to some of the events that took place.

You're right Gregory, some important issues are left out if you are to only pick up the graphic novels. However they still provide interesting reading. And, if after reading them, you become a fan, it's not hard to find out which issues of 'Tec, SOTB, Batman, Robin, LOTDK and Justice League Task Force the Crusade / Search take place in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.