Sentry vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superman_045
No prep, just an all out fight.

And this is Post Crisis Superman.

King KAM
Originally posted by Superman_045
No prep, just an all out fight.

And this is Post Crisis Superman. i think this one might have been done already......

Psyquis52
I concur I think it's been done and Sentry pretty much wins.

Superman_045
Yeah, he probably would win.

joesha28
On paper itself Sentry will win, since he controls light itself.

Superman_045
What other powers does he have (at the moment I've forgotten)?

Marvel Boy
he has super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, flight and enhanced senses. he can also project energy fields, control light, and apparently has vast psychic and mental powers used primarily for holding his physical form together, Like Superman the Sentry is also powered by the sun and absorbs solar radiation for strength

Thunderstrike
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381035&highlight=Sentry+vs+Superman

It's basically all right there in that link. The best post out of the whole thing is this:

Originally posted by long pig
No, the same could NOT be said. At ALL.

Marvel zombies, on average, DON'T like uber characters. They like street level and high tier.

D.C fans LOVE uber characters, they take pride in it and they base their love of DC on the fact DC has many ubers.

We all know D.C fans hate it when Superman loses, they hate it. They can't handle it. So, what happened was:

Fans caught wind of Sentry, they realized he was more powerful than Superman. They freaked and emailed DC about it. So, to appease the fanboys, DC made this guy with the power of a million suns lose to Superman, just so Superfans could take solace in the defeat.

Superman HAS to be the strongest, fastest, smartest and the best at everything, otherwise....superman jihad.

Though you may think that isn't true, read the first post of the "Superman Returns is going to make 1 Billion Woldwide. Watch" thread, and you'll become a believer. Other threads have basically said that because Superman has more feats he would win, which is flawed logic. Captain America has more feats, so I guess he can beat Sentry? Then there's just guys that hate Marvel for no reason as well.

Juntai
Superman.

Thunderstrike
^ See what I mean?

This was the best evidence anyone could give:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6052407

Juntai
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
^ See what I mean?

This was the best evidence anyone could give:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6052407 See what you mean what?

Oh, nice pic, moving nearly 15x lightspeed or more and punching a moon in half in one shot.

Has Sentry shown he can do that? Or anything close?
Has he shown any speed, strenth, durability feats that are remotely close to, let alone match Supes?

Sentry is surrounded in myth, and myth just doesn't cut it when pitting him against a tried and true character.

Your comments on Captain America are stupid and fruitless, Cap as a normal human, we know couldn't realistically deal with anyone with superspeed, flight and superstrength, all of which Sentry has shown... he just hasn't shown anything to anyone who doesn't blindly trust in his myths that he plays on Supes' level.

One day he might show to be mightier, but right now, that's all hypothesis and hyperbole and speculation.

Thunderstrike
Okay then, better example:

Uatu has less feats than Superman, so I guess Superman is more powerful.

It's still bad logic.

Juntai
Okay then, better example:

Uatu has less feats than Superman, so I guess Superman is more powerful.

It's still bad logic. No, it's still a bad example.

The logic is fine among simpler powersets.

The only bad logic, is saying Sentry wins, or arguing in his favor, when the simple fact is that he hasn't shown anything that says he can stack up to the Man of Tomorrow. That's the truth.

Thunderstrike
To be honest, he has enough feats to show that his power is above Superman's, but you have to look at every detail of what he's done. He took out an entire army of people that give Namor trouble by himself, with ease. Also, he beat Terrax, who is immensely powerful himself, within seconds. He wasn't even strained. Also, the fight with the Collective was more impressive than most would think, considering the fact that the Collective probably has a gigantic psychic repitoire to pull from, and could have seen that coming. It also threw Sentry away, rather than trying to engage him in a fist fight. Then there's the Genis Vell fight, where Genis wouldn't take the risk of H2H either. I think there is more of a chance than not that the Sentry is more powerful than Superman, and he's proved enough for many people. If it's not enough for you, then fine. We'll probably have more after Civil War.

Juntai
To be honest, he has enough feats to show that his power is above Superman's, but you have to look at every detail of what he's done. He took out an entire army of people that give Namor trouble by himself, with ease. Also, he beat Terrax, who is immensely powerful himself, within seconds. He wasn't even strained. Also, the fight with the Collective was more impressive than most would think, considering the fact that the Collective probably has a gigantic psychic repitoire to pull from, and could have seen that coming. It also threw Sentry away, rather than trying to engage him in a fist fight. Then there's the Genis Vell fight, where Genis wouldn't take the risk of H2H either. I think there is more of a chance than not that the Sentry is more powerful than Superman, and he's proved enough for many people. If it's not enough for you, then fine. We'll probably have more after Civil War. To be honest huh?
Terrax is a jobber. Probably always will be.
Namor is nothing to Superman either, so Sentry outperforming him doesn't prove much.
Do you think the Genis would welcome a fistfight with a man of steel? In fact, there's a Genis vs Superman thread, and everyone agreed pretty much Genis could and should win if it was written up right, but any one slip for a nanosecond and Supes would shove his head up his ass.

Lucid Lui
I don't think Sentry has near enough showings to say whether he's above, below or on Superman's level. He's still an unknown. That means we can't (or shouldn't be able to) say that he can take Superman. Just as we can't say that Superman takes him.

Superman_045
*smells fanboyism & runs*

Sentry can take Superman, as stated above, he was already more powerful than Superman.

AJ4LIFE
he takes away his powersource he cant win

Superherovandal
actually Sentry just lost to the Collective but then again so would Supes. Theres still not enough info to accurately have this battle.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I don't think Sentry has near enough showings to say whether he's above, below or on Superman's level. He's still an unknown. That means we can't (or shouldn't be able to) say that he can take Superman. Just as we can't say that Superman takes him.

agreed.

snoopdogg
Does anybody have proof that Sentry controls light? Everybody keeps saying this but I need some more evidence.

Sentry does not have a good win-loss record so far.

Thunderstrike
Until he gets killed by a walking stalagmite, I think nobody's gonna care.

Validus
He has energy blasts as shown in Sentry #1. He hasn't been shown to be as versatile or skilled with it as someone like Dr. Light though.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Does anybody have proof that Sentry controls light? Everybody keeps saying this but I need some more evidence.

Sentry does not have a good win-loss record so far.

Meh, he hasn't actually lost. The Collective and Genis just got rid of him temporarily...they didn't actually beat him. And he still owned Terrax.

Validus
I have to say, a loss to Genis would be nothing to be ashamed over. Just look at what was needed to kill him. Personally I'd say Genis has it all over any super-hero.

Lucid Lui
Didn't Hammerhead say that he's the only person to ever bring the Sentry to his knees a couple of issue back? Though i don't think anything's been shown of that. And it could just be Hammerhead making shit up.

Thunderstrike
Hammerhead always makes shit up.

Murda Mase
Didn't Hammerhead say that he's the only person to ever bring the Sentry to his knees a couple of issue back? Though i don't think anything's been shown of that. And it could just be Hammerhead making shit up.

WTF?

Hammerhead, the guy who got pounded by Daredevil in jail this past issue?

He had Sentry on his knees?laughing

I'm sure it was him making shit up.

Superman_045
Is Sentry supposed to be stronger than Superman currently?

Murda Mase
Pretty much.

Superman_045
How much can Sentry lift currently?

CaptainStoic
I can't say who would win a fight between these two, one has very little showings, while the others strength levels constantly fluctuate to suit the readers.

I like Superman more than Sentry, but this is because I've read hundreds of his comics. This however isn't a good enough reason for me to say that he wins over Sentry.

As far as I've seen no one has beaten Sentry, Genis ran, and so did the Collective. He has shown abilities that have rivaled a few things that Superman has done, but not nearly enough for me to say that he could beat him.

The Void however broke nearly every bone in Hulks body with ease, which was pretty impressive, and in a repressed state of conciousness, Bob manifested a creature that went unfazed by the collective might of The Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Dr. Strange. If Sentry has power like that, it doesn't look too good for Superman.

It actually looks as if he may be able to crush him rather easily.

Superman_045
I like Superman more than Sentry too but facts are facts & Superman can't win. I'm starting to really like this Sentry character. How much can he lift currently?

Big Sexy
I am starting to Like Sentry but not because of the whole Sentry>Superman arguements that have been going through many of these forums. He seems very conflicted, and he could be a normal guy. I only have a few of his comics, what comics would I have to get to learn more besides his series out right now?

Superman_045
I'm liking him mainly because he's someone stronger than Superman & he doesn't even have the same powers as him.

Thunderstrike
The only main similarity is the fact that they have the letter S on their uniform, and fly, and are really strong. Other than that, the powers are incredibly different.

Superman_045
I just said that....

How much can Sentry lift?

snoopdogg
I'm liking him mainly because he's someone stronger than Superman & he doesn't even have the same powers as him. What are you basing Sentry being stronger than Superman on? And I still havn't seen evidence of his light controling powers.

Superman_045
I'm basing it on what I've heard.

Thunderstrike
Then wait for it. Yeesh.

snoopdogg
I'm basing it on what I've heard. Do you think that is the right thing to do?

Superman_045
How much can Sentry lift?

Thunderstrike
This isn't really a scenario of right and wrong, snoop, unless you're trying to say that he should be loyal to a character and say he's better just because he has more comics published. Let's just leave it like this:

If we go by who has the most feats: Superman
If we go by the rumour mill and possibilities: Sentry

snoopdogg
How much can Sentry lift? I don't know. He hasn't lifting nothing heavy enough to even consider him being stronger than Superman.

Superman_045
Do you think that is the right thing to do?

In all honesty, yes. From what I've read & heard (not just on this forum), it would seem as though Sentry is stronger than the current version of Superman.

snoopdogg
In all honesty, yes. From what I've read & heard (not just on this forum), it would seem as though Sentry is stronger than the current version of Superman. Yea the rumor mill is a very reliable source I hear.

Superman_045
I'm not talking about rumors, I've been going around reading different things on him.

snoopdogg
I'm not talking about rumors, I've been going around reading different things on him. And is it legit or a rumor?

CaptainStoic
I don't know. He hasn't lifting nothing heavy enough to even consider him being stronger than Superman.

This isn't an attack on you, or anything but Sentry crushed Terrax's hand like he was putting the squeeze on aluminum foil... I'd say that was quite a feat of strength. I think he even had a smile on his face when he was doing it.

Oh and I forgot to add the Inhumans. Bob manifested a creature that went unfazed by The Avengers, FF, Dr. Strange, and The Inhumans. If those are his power levels, there is no way in hell that Superman could go up against him. Dr. Strange alone would put a hurting on Big Blue.

Superman_045
It's legit, I've been reading biographies about him & his powers & what not. And how much can Sentry lift?

Murda Mase
How much can Terrax lift press?

Validus
Originally posted by Murda Mase
How much can Terrax lift press?
Class 75. I've always thought that feat was overrated if we're talking pure strength.

Soleran
he has that power cosmic thing going on so he can amp it but I believe it starts at 75 tons?

Not to mention Sentry snapped Terrax's axe like a twig!

Validus
Originally posted by Soleran
he has that power cosmic thing going on so he can amp it but I believe it starts at 75 tons?

Not to mention Sentry snapped Terrax's axe like a twig!
Does Terrax still have the PC? I know he isn't as powerful as he use to be.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
This isn't an attack on you, or anything but Sentry crushed Terrax's hand like he was putting the squeeze on aluminum foil... I'd say that was quite a feat of strength. I think he even had a smile on his face when he was doing it.

Oh and I forgot to add the Inhumans. Bob manifested a creature that went unfazed by The Avengers, FF, Dr. Strange, and The Inhumans. If those are his power levels, there is no way in hell that Superman could go up against him. Dr. Strange alone would put a hurting on Big Blue. Superman crushed one of WonderWomans bracelets.

Supes has fought magical foes as powerful as Dr. Strange.

But anyways if Sentry crushing Terraxs' wrist puts him above Supes in strength then.................................

Validus
To be fair, crushing WW's bracelets should be impossible for anyone. It happened in Superman/Batman and unless you're one of the title characters you pretty much get crapped on in that book.

Lucid Lui
And I still havn't seen evidence of his light controling powers. Well, in his fight with Genis he's drawing energy from "anywhere and everywhere" and blasting it at Genis. And (though it's a bit unclear) he seemed to be erecting force fields around Doctor Octopus and Xeniac in his current mini, but they're only one panel shots. And weren't the "Void" monsters that were taking on the Inhumans, Avengers and X-Men in NEw Avengers described as being hard light constructs generated by Sentry?

Thunderstrike
Wonderwoman's bracelet - Pretty sure they weren't what they were made up to be then.

Powerful as Dr. Strange - Pure biased opinion

The cosmic axe was forged by Galactus, and Terrax still has the Power Cosmic. I'm pretty sure that's an impressive feat.

Superman_045
Only time will tell how strong Senty is physically....

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Validus
To be fair, crushing WW's bracelets should be impossible for anyone. It happened in Superman/Batman and unless you're one of the title characters you pretty much get crapped on in that book. Actually I thought he crushed them here too. Wonderwoman #219 this is from.

Validus
Actually I thought he crushed them here too. Wonderwoman #219 this is from.
He broke her wrist above the bracelet. Literally breaking them would be impossible.

Soleran
Which is exactly why right after she Kicks Superman and sends him away from her you see her adjust the barcelet to help cover up her break.

CaptainStoic
Superman crushed one of WonderWomans bracelets.

Supes has fought magical foes as powerful as Dr. Strange.

But anyways if Sentry crushing Terraxs' wrist puts him above Supes in strength then.................................

So you think that Superman could beat that entire lineup? I said. Dr. Strange alone could give him trouble, but when you throw in Namor and the Avengers,FF, add Colossus, and The Inhumans, and Cyclops. I think Superman would be in for it. In Justice#4 it took less to bring him to his knees, and he was crying from what I saw. That creature was unfazed, and I have to add that it was from his mind.

Murda Mase
Wait then, Supes crushed her wrist, but when he punched her full on her jaw was still attached?

Validus
So you think that Superman could beat that entire lineup? I said. Dr. Strange alone could give him trouble, but when you throw in Namor and the Avengers,FF, add Colossus, and The Inhumans, and Cyclops. I think Superman would be in for it. In Justice#4 it took less to bring him to his knees, and he was crying from what I saw. That creature was unfazed, and I have to add that it was from his mind.
The thing is those guys were trying to help Bob with the Void problem. I highly doubt Sentry would do so well against a Strange that was coming for his head or a Black Bolt screaming in his ear.

Lucid Lui
Supes has fought magical foes as powerful as Dr. Strange. Well so far, Dr. Strange himself hasn't done too well against Sentry...

snoopdogg
So Sentry breaking Terraxs axe puts him above Supes in strength? Is that the point you guys are getting acrossed?

Murda Mase

Nah, if only because Supes ain't gonna try and kill them.

If it was him just going all out....then there would be heads flying off like what Superboy did.

snoopdogg
Well so far, Dr. Strange himself hasn't done too well against Sentry... Dr. Strange wasn't trying to kill him either................

jrodslam
So Sentry breaking Terraxs axe puts him above Supes in strength? Is that the point you guys are getting acrossed?

laughing

It has to be something. I was thinking the same thing.

Big Sexy
what comic did Sentry fight Genis. Money was tight for a while but I am finally able to buy 20 comics a month gain.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by Big Sexy
what comic did Sentry fight Genis. Money was tight for a while but I am finally able to buy 20 comics a month gain.

One of the Thunderboltz issues....I forget which.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Murda Mase
One of the Thunderboltz issues....I forget which.

Thanks smile

Thunderstrike
Here's the big question: Who else has busted Terrax's cosmic axe? I thought ony the Surfer did, and it wasn't that easy.

CaptainStoic
Morg broke it too.

Adam Warlock
Who else has walked through Dr. Strange's magic and punched him in the face?

Going back to the first Sentry mini series, why were all of earth's heroes scared and felt like they were going to die when the Void came? Even villains were scared scared sh!tless by the reappearance of the Void. The Void put fear within every single hero/villain on Marvel Earth.

When talking about the Sentry, you should also be talking about the Void. The Sentry and Void are imaginations of Rob on how super heroes should be. This was brought up by Laminator and it seems to make sense. Basically, the Void and The Sentry are one and the same. People should look at what the Void and Sentry have done when looking at the feats.

Who has Sentry lost to physically/power wise? Genis? Battle field removal. They never really got serious. The Collective... Again, that fight is not over. Looks like the Collective pulled a trick out of Genis Vell's book and pulled a BFR on the Sentry.

joesha28
Which issue of the new avenger did Collective vs sentry happen?

Arahan
AFAIK Issue 18

joesha28
AFAIK ?

Lucid Lui
As Far As I Know

And yes, it was issue #18. There's scans in the comic book section. The thread "Sentry finally does something" or seomthing like that.

Juntai
Originally posted by Adam Warlock

Going back to the first Sentry mini series, why were all of earth's heroes scared and felt like they were going to die when the Void came? Even villains were scared scared sh!tless by the reappearance of the Void. The Void put fear within every single hero/villain on Marvel Earth.

When talking about the Sentry, you should also be talking about the Void. The Sentry and Void are imaginations of Rob on how super heroes should be. This was brought up by Laminator and it seems to make sense. Basically, the Void and The Sentry are one and the same. People should look at what the Void and Sentry have done when looking at the feats.

Who has Sentry lost to physically/power wise? Genis? Battle field removal. They never really got serious. The Collective... Again, that fight is not over. Looks like the Collective pulled a trick out of Genis Vell's book and pulled a BFR on the Sentry. Void and Sentry are not the same, Sentry is a single aspect, and the only one that Rob can control, the one Rob wants to be.... and Void works AGAINST him. In oppositioin to what he does. Sentry saves, Void kills. Sentry nor Rob cannot control him in any matter.

Lucid Lui
Does anybody have proof that Sentry controls light? Everybody keeps saying this but I need some more evidence. I think this is the most straight forward incident of his "light powers"...

1. http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7103/newavengersv108122mp.jpg
2. http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/9287/newavengersv108136vk.jpg

And there's also other incidents where he creates a blast or energy field type attack which is probably derived from his "light abilities". Eg. His fights with Attuma's army, Terrax, Genis and Doc Ock.

That's all i've seen of his light powers so far. He hasn't really done much with them...

-------------------------

And i agree with Juntai that Sentry shouldn't be considered capable of doing whatever Void does. There's nothing to support or suggest that.

Soleran
One thing is certain about Sentry he doesn't know kung fu but he does know crazy and he is a master of that art.

Dynamic One
laughing laughing laughing

snoopdogg
I think this is the most straight forward incident of his "light powers"...

1. http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7103/newavengersv108122mp.jpg
2. http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/9287/newavengersv108136vk.jpg

And there's also other incidents where he creates a blast or energy field type attack which is probably derived from his "light abilities". Eg. His fights with Attuma's army, Terrax, Genis and Doc Ock.

That's all i've seen of his light powers so far. He hasn't really done much with them...

-------------------------

And i agree with Juntai that Sentry shouldn't be considered capable of doing whatever Void does. There's nothing to support or suggest that. I remember that. The Marvel handbook has his energy projection at 3 I think which is medium range. And Marvel is pretty accurate with their ratings on energy projection.

Validus
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Simple mind control magic. Mind cancer as Sentry put it. The illusion completely worked until Bob saw the ring ident on his hand. Even still, beating that kind of magic and beating Strange when he's at Dormammu stalemating levels is totally different.

Adam Warlock
Sentry seems to be creating a construct of light here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/SENTRY001015_100DW.jpg

He used it to block a blast from Terrax.

Also going back to the first mini, he gave Hulk a ball of golden light energy and Reed a Unicorn made out of golden light.

Ok, I might of said Sentry and The Void were same. They are the same person. They come from the same person. But their powers are different. Sentry controls light, the Void controls the darkness. Both seem to have each others strength, durability, etc... While Void controls and makes constructs out of light, the Void seems to use that power to shape his form or body into whatever he wants.

joesha28
Well that mean that Sentry has hulkbone breaking ability?

Adam Warlock
Let me correct myself on what I said here:

I meant to say the Sentry has control over light, while the Void uses darkness and uses that as his power to shape his form into whatever he wants to.

CaptainStoic
Sentry's abilities look so much like Supermans that it's really hard to say, who would walk away the winner. One thing is for certain Superman doesn't look like he would win without giving everything that he had. He may even die like he did with Doomsday, if these two went all out.

sexyking
This is so annoying i dont care what anyone says superman would beat the living sh.. out of sentry all this crap about post and pre crisis i dont know why dc had to downgrade his power if they left supes as he was then sentry would receive a beating. And people moan about how powerful supes is and how stupid Dc are look at guys like sentry and flipping silver surfer Dc should just put supermans power back up.

Oh and yes i am a fanboy and darn proud to be one.

Milkie
Up

Soljer
There is currently not enough information to accurate debate this fight; we do not currently have enough knowledge on the extent of the Sentry's power.

However, just because someone LACKS feats, doesn't mean that they automatically lose. It just means the battle in inconclusive. So far, we haven't seen Sentry UNABLE to do anything that Superman is ABLE to do. Give it some more time, and we'll have a firmer basis of Sentry's power, and we'll be able to accurately gauge this fight.

Till then? The answer is neither Superman due to showings, Sentry due to speculation, or a draw due to the lack of information.

Rather, it is entirely inconclusive, due to the lack of information. Bump this topic in a year, and it'll be on.

wink.

breeze85
Co-signed.

OneDumbG0
While his limited power showings have been impressive and clearly put him on Superman level, I still think you guys underestimate his psychic abilities. Mastermind basically manipulated Sentry into screwing with the entire world Scarlet Witch style. He made EVERYONE forget and disappeared out of the limelight. The power necessary for such a mindwipe would be pretty sick.

Then of course you have the aspect of the Void. I mean, here's a side of his personality that is nearly or more powerful than the Sentry and warring with him inside his psyche. The insane amount of power and mental exertion that is relegated to such a task should only serve to emphasize how much more powerful he is if he could control his power. Kind of like how classic Cable was much more powerful when he didn't have to use his tk to control the techno-organic virus. I mean, imagine if Superman had a dark side to him that he always had to keep repressed and was constantly struggling for control and Superman still was as strong as Superman. You'd call Superman a guy who is forced to hold back his full strength big time.

Then again, since Sentry isn't in full control, I guess in a KMC fight you can't assume that he would exert his full unfettered power to bear on Superman in a fight. I think Superman's only shot is to somehow play mindtricks on Bob and force the Void aspect of his personality to come out and negate his powers enough for Superman to knock him out cold. Superman can be a crafty fellow, but this kind of craftiness would require Superman to stay alive long enough to observe how whacky Bob is and his vulnerability to mental stress. I don't think Bob would give him much of a chance.

Sentry 8/10

batdude123
Superman takes it.

Avalonofthewind
Supernova beats Sentry. shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
There is currently not enough information to accurate debate this fight; we do not currently have enough knowledge on the extent of the Sentry's power.

However, just because someone LACKS feats, doesn't mean that they automatically lose. It just means the battle in inconclusive. So far, we haven't seen Sentry UNABLE to do anything that Superman is ABLE to do. Give it some more time, and we'll have a firmer basis of Sentry's power, and we'll be able to accurately gauge this fight.

Till then? The answer is neither Superman due to showings, Sentry due to speculation, or a draw due to the lack of information.

Rather, it is entirely inconclusive, due to the lack of information. Bump this topic in a year, and it'll be on.

wink.

He's been out for SIX friggin' years!!!! He doesn't need anymore time. He just plain and simple hasn't shown anything that puts him over Superman. PERIOD. Superman ftw.

Soleran
Originally posted by batdude123
He's been out for SIX friggin' years!!!! He doesn't need anymore time. He just plain and simple hasn't shown anything that puts him over Superman. PERIOD. Superman ftw.

Please note the bolded word!

V for Valentine

And hes hardly as many appearances as Superman would have in the last 6 years, hes being written on a team book that faces street level threats so hes severely under-powered and Bendis doesnt know how to write him properly.

I prefer the character, by leagues. But yes as of yet Superman takes it,

Rewmac
Sentry is good copy of Supes. But in my opinion. Supes abilities are over Sentry's abilites and Clark's feats can beat Sentry's.

V for Valentine
Originally posted by Rewmac
Sentry is good copy of Supes. But in my opinion. Supes abilities are over Sentry's abilites and Clark's feats can beat Sentry's.

Dudes been around for like half a century though, hard for nearly ANYONE to have better feats than him with the length of time hes been in print. I reckon if you took the number of appearances sentry has and took the first (same amount) of appearances superman had Sentry would come out tops. But it doesnt matter really, Sentry's still my boy smile and Superman is still the boy scout that inspired him.

Supreme being
Originally posted by V for Valentine
Dudes been around for like half a century though, hard for nearly ANYONE to have better feats than him with the length of time hes been in print. I reckon if you took the number of appearances sentry has and took the first (same amount) of appearances superman had Sentry would come out tops. But it doesnt matter really, Sentry's still my boy smile and Superman is still the boy scout that inspired him.

Ummm yeah the only reason been that back then superheros where a lot weaker and superman was the first superhero per say. He didn't have anyone to compare or compete with like sentry does e.g Thor, Gladiator and so on and so fourth.

batdude123

Did you forget that the clear majority of Superman's appearances have been retconned? confused

V for Valentine
Did you forget that the clear majority of Superman's appearances have been retconned? confused

Yeah, hes still got a hell of a lot more than 6 years of un-retconned feats and appearances though hasnt he?

batdude123
Yeah, hes still got a hell of a lot more than 6 years of un-retconned feats and appearances though hasnt he?

'Bout 20 years worth. Not that much when we look at people like Hulk or Thor, who's 40+ year history is still fair game.

V for Valentine
'Bout 20 years worth. Not that much when we look at people like Hulk or Thor, who's 40+ year history is still fair game.

Well thats over three times the amount of feats (obviously more because Sentry's are few and far between), if Marvel decide to seriously flesh the character out and put a good writer on it (prefferably just Jenkins again) then I reckon he'd be able to hang with supes, Especially since already with the few feats he has the polls are swinging pretty convingly in his favour (other thread.)

Not arguing that Supes doesnt take him now though

snoopdogg
Dudes been around for like half a century though, hard for nearly ANYONE to have better feats than him with the length of time hes been in print. I reckon if you took the number of appearances sentry has and took the first (same amount) of appearances superman had Sentry would come out tops. But it doesnt matter really, Sentry's still my boy smile and Superman is still the boy scout that inspired him. Actually the current version of Superman has only been around for 20 years. We cannot use his Pre-Crisis feats.

Juntai
'Bout 20 years worth. Not that much when we look at people like Hulk or Thor, who's 40+ year history is still fair game. I don't consider it so. Marvel may not have had a crisis, but there was a time when their characters certainly got depowered and it was mostly around the same period as DC's. Thor and Hulk aren't even specs compared to their old selves, even Odin was a lot weaker than his 1960-80 self.

batdude123
Originally posted by Juntai
I don't consider it so. Marvel may not have had a crisis, but there was a time when their characters certainly got depowered and it was mostly around the same period as DC's. Thor and Hulk aren't even specs compared to their old selves, even Odin was a lot weaker than his 1960-80 self.

Indeed indeed...

Validus
Kind of offset by the fact that Thor and Hulk have never had 5 monthly comics at once not to mention team books.

snoopdogg
Kind of offset by the fact that Thor and Hulk have never had 5 monthly comics at once not to mention team books. I wonder why?

Validus
I wonder why?
Are you being sarcastic because everyone's personality around here changes by the thread so I can't be sure these days? smile

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by long pig

No, the same could NOT be said. At ALL.

Marvel zombies, on average, DON'T like uber characters. They like street level and high tier.

D.C fans LOVE uber characters, they take pride in it and they base their love of DC on the fact DC has many ubers.

We all know D.C fans hate it when Superman loses, they hate it. They can't handle it. So, what happened was:

Fans caught wind of Sentry, they realized he was more powerful than Superman. They freaked and emailed DC about it. So, to appease the fanboys, DC made this guy with the power of a million suns lose to Superman, just so Superfans could take solace in the defeat.

Superman HAS to be the strongest, fastest, smartest and the best at everything, otherwise....superman jihad. That's so getting profiled.

Juntai
Are you being sarcastic because everyone's personality around here changes by the thread so I can't be sure these days? smile Probably because they couldn't carry that many titles.

Validus
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
That's so getting profiled.
I'd just like to say the guy with the power of a million suns (Evil Star) existed before Sentry.

Originally posted by Juntai
Probably because they couldn't carry that many titles.
It was the 90's. Nobody in DC except Superman and Batman were carrying their titles.

Tha C-Master
I'd just like to say the guy with the power of a million suns (Evil Star) existed before Sentry.

It was the 90's. Nobody in DC except Superman and Batman were carrying their titles. True, but that post is just too damned funny. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.