Morgoth Bauglir versus Marka Ragnos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Please don't close this REX. I was doing this for you! Honest! sad

ehem anyways. The two big M's fight.

I say Morgoth, but thats because he was a demi-god who was the strongest of all the angels(Valar)

jollyjim311
I actually think this has been done before, somewhere. Maybe not. Morgoth takes him, easy.

kamikz
And not just a demi-god, he was a god.

zephiel7
Originally posted by kamikz
And not just a demi-god, he was a god.

The only God in Silmarillion was Illuvatar, he was modelled after the Christian God. Tolkien was a religious man, and much of his mythology reflected his views.

The Valar were fashioned after angels. So demi-god would (in a sense) be accurate in describing Morgoth.

Jabba the Hutt
This was actually done before, a little over a week ago. But Morgoth does take him easy.

Jonathan Mark
WTF?

Morgoth would WTF pwn Ragnos.

Janus Marius
He would, and this has been done before.

Revolver Ocelot
Done before. Post WotW Morgoth would get pwned by an average PT Jedi, but Melkor prime would ravage Ragnos.

Lightsnake
Yes, let's compare tolkien's mightiest Valar and source of all things dark and evil to a mortal...unless he's facing Fingolfin, Turin or maybe Hurin, Morg will walk away laughing

Illustrious
Morgoth pwns. Then Artoo owns him.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Illustrious
Morgoth pwns. Then Artoo owns him.

Dude not even Artoo can stand aganst Morgoth.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Dude not even Artoo can stand aganst Morgoth.

That's heresy. Artoo empowers and embodies the omniverse. He is Eru in another form.

Blaxican_Hydra
Thats true. R2 is approximately 739564.72549263 times more powerful than Illuvatar. Morgoth has no chance in hell. One beep can create and destroy a planet 700 times in 10 sseconds.

Janus Marius
Yeah, Artoo is simply too much power to possibly conceive.

Blaxican_Hydra
Yep, do you know how many calculators were broken in the attempt to calculate that number? They finnaly had to bring in an asian to do by hand, which, ironicly, he did it in about ten minutes.

Faunus
People from Asia are the architects of Artoo's empire. They're the real Chosen Ones.

And Veneficus: don't even mess around with the will of Artoo. Despite His tolerance, we, His servants, shan't be so merciful.

Blaxican_Hydra
Listen to wisdom. Even the antediluvian has intelligance.

Janus Marius
Even. Pfft. Especially.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Faunus
People from Asia are the architects of Artoo's empire. They're the real Chosen Ones.

And Veneficus: don't even mess around with the will of Artoo. Despite His tolerance, we, His servants, shan't be so merciful.

*runs for the hills*

Blaxican_Hydra
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Even. Pfft. Especially.

no no. Its a rare commodity.

Deception
Morgoth was the Devil of the LOTR Universe, at one point he was stronger than all the Valar combined.

Morgoth destroys Ragnos in 0.000000000000000001 seconds.

Jabba the Hutt
Not as fast as Galactus would.

darthsith19
What has Margoth done to make him pwn Ragnos?

Blaxican_Hydra
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
Not as fast as Galactus would.

haha so true. And what has Ragnso done to pwn Morgoth? Nothing. Ragnos is an infinity because no one knows anything about him. At least there was a huge 300 page book on Morgoths wars and stuff.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by darthsith19
What has Margoth done to make him pwn Ragnos?

Um... he was a uber powerful Demigod.

Blaxican_Hydra
We don't know that. The narrator just says that he was "The most powerful of powerful." So is Artoo so that means nothing. Everyone assumes that hes uber pwnagelike just because he was able to "keep Naga and Lodo in line." Even though I'm still convinced that he was just giving them blow jobs under there desks every Friday, which they liked and so decided not to kill him. There is still no proof what so ever that says he even was a demi-god, but that he was just super powerful. But hey guess what, GL says Anakin is the most powerful force user EVER. (Pre-Suit and if he Had like, a thousand years of training.) So I guess marka isn't "The most powerful of powerful" now is he? And like I mentioned before there is no indication of EXACTLY how powerful marka is. So saying he's a demi-god is an assumption, not a fact. While it IS a fact that Morgoth WAS a demi-god.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Blaxican_Hydra
We don't know that. The narrator just says that he was "The most powerful of powerful." So is Artoo so that means nothing. Everyone assumes that hes uber pwnagelike just because he was able to "keep Naga and Lodo in line." Even though I'm still convinced that he was just giving them blow jobs under there desks every Friday, which they liked and so decided not to kill him. There is still no proof what so ever that says he even was a demi-god, but that he was just super powerful. But hey guess what, GL says Anakin is the most powerful force user EVER. (Pre-Suit and if he Had like, a thousand years of training.) So I guess marka isn't "The most powerful of powerful" now is he? And like I mentioned before there is no indication of EXACTLY how powerful marka is. So saying he's a demi-god is an assumption, not a fact. While it IS a fact that Morgoth WAS a demi-god.

Yep, all true.

Blaxican_Hydra
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Yep, all true.

Damn right!!! And people say I can't debate... I'm just a lazy bastard. But the whole *Marka=R2 and Jesus combined* is pissing me off now...

Faunus
Ragnos is Artoo's pet monkey-lizard, threepion g00ns!

Blaxican_Hydra
Damn right!!!

Hokage Yoda
Can You Please Visit my Forum(Kavar and Jolee vs. Vodo-Siosk Baas)

zephiel7
http://www.thelandofshadow.com/mordorgate/2darkservants/morgoth/morgothpic4.jpg

Here is a good picture of Morgoth. He was not a servant of the "shadow," he was the "shadow" itself.

Revolver Ocelot
^ At that point Morgoth was terribly weak. He was harmed by a freaking elf. A single Jedi would be enough for him.

zephiel7
That was a result of Fingolfin's sword.

I doubt a lightsaber would have any effect on being made of hellfire.

Revolver Ocelot
What was so great about Ringil?

zephiel7
It was a sword fashioned by the ancient elves, people who were similar to the Maiar in Valinor. Fingolfin was the greatest of those elves, and his sword was created with the power to harm beings such as Balrogs, or anything else that the dark forces could muster.

kamikz
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
Can You Please Visit my Forum(Kavar and Jolee vs. Vodo-Siosk Baas)

Could you stop doing that? It is awefully annoying and spamming...

Revolver Ocelot
I don't remember reading anything about it having magical properties. I know it shines and sparkles, but that's it.

zephiel7
Every weapon in Lord of the Rings universe, if forged by the ancients have magical properties that are harmful to the minions of Morgoth. Fingolfin was a being who would put Gandalf on his ass in less than 2s most likely.

Traya
He wouldn't pwn Gandalf, but it'd be pretty close in terms of a fight. Considering that Morgoth at that point was still described by Tolkien as being the mightiest being in Arda, and Fingolfin dealt him some pretty nasty wounds, it's testament to his power.

Revolver Ocelot
Considering that Morgoth at that point was still described by Tolkien as being the mightiest being in Arda, and Fingolfin dealt him some pretty nasty wounds, it's testament to his power.

I'll go look that up, but Sauron at his peak was more powerful than Morgoth at this point.

Lightsnake
Yeah, but Sauron wasn't at his peak then and Morgoth at his weakest is still a being of titanic power

Traya
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Considering that Morgoth at that point was still described by Tolkien as being the mightiest being in Arda, and Fingolfin dealt him some pretty nasty wounds, it's testament to his power.

I'll go look that up, but Sauron at his peak was more powerful than Morgoth at this point.

At his peak? Sauron never reaches a discernable peak in his power.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Traya
At his peak? Sauron never reaches a discernable peak in his power.

Agreed. I don't think Marka could defeat Sauron they might tie though.

Lightsnake
Sauron would crush him, actually

Traya
Yes, most Maiar would, and the Valar make him look like a spek of dust/

Lightsnake
Most ancient elves could walk over him, too

Revolver Ocelot
Like he crushed Elendil, Gil-Galad and Isildur?

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Sauron would crush him, actually

Thats why I said he MIGHT tie him. Happy Dance

Lightsnake
Being double teamed by the most powerful elf and human alive and then getting a cheap shot from the aforementioned's son isnt really a black mark on your power. He did kill Elendil and Gil-Galad...and I'd put LOTR power levels above SW's

Traya
Well, losing to someone like Elendil and Gil-Galad isn't something to be ashamed of. He did kill them too.

Great Vengeance
Being double teamed by the most powerful elf and human alive and then getting a cheap shot from the aforementioned's son isnt really a black mark on your power. He did kill Elendil and Gil-Galad...and I'd put LOTR power levels above SW's

Agreed.

Illustrious

I wouldn't put Gil-Galad, Isildur, or Elessar over someone like Yoda or Mace, but certainly the Maia and the Valar trump anything in the Star Wars universe except Artoo.

Lightsnake
I'd put the more ancient elves, like Turgon or Feanor or Fingolfin over the afore mentioned though

Janus Marius
In power. I don't know about fighting ability.

Lightsnake
Fingol fought off Morgoth for some time and Turgon's exploits in the fall of Gondolin? Heck, Feanor was squaring off with a Balrog that made Durin's Bane look like a wimp

Great Vengeance
Fingol fought off Morgoth for some time and Turgon's exploits in the fall of Gondolin? Heck, Feanor was squaring off with a Balrog that made Durin's Bane look like a wimp

Thats questionable...

No one can say for sure how Gothmog compares to Durins Bane.

zephiel7
Gothmog OWNS Turin's Bane

Gothmog, was titled "The Lord of Balrogs"

He fought against Etchelion, but the two suicided to kill the other.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by zephiel7
Gothmog OWNS Turin's Bane

Gothmog, was titled "The Lord of Balrogs"

He fought against Etchelion, but the two suicided to kill the other.

Gothmog was indeed titled Lord of the Balrogs, but that just means he is the leader...nothing specific on if he is the most powerful.

The fact that he tied against Etchelion is a mark against him, Ecthelion is merely an elf...while Durins Bane fought and tied against Gandalf(one of the most powerful Maiar).

I'll admit Gothmog is probably the more powerful, but it isnt for certain and Gothmog would by no means 'own' the fight.

zephiel7
One thing you have to understand is that ancient elven kings and greats were very near miar in quality.

Elven lords such as Fingolfin, and Feanor, perhaps Maedhros as well were stronger than many maiar.

Etchellion only killed Gothmog because he leaped at him and they both fell into a blessed fountain. Etchellion drowned and Gothmogs flames were "put out" by the holy waters.

Great Vengeance
One thing you have to understand is that ancient elven kings and greats were very near miar in quality.

Elven lords such as Fingolfin, and Feanor, perhaps Maedhros as well were stronger than many maiar.

Etchellion only killed Gothmog because he leaped at him and they both fell into a blessed fountain. Etchellion drowned and Gothmogs flames were "put out" by the holy waters.

Near Maiar perhaps....

Still, Maiar are generally beyond Elves and Men...Especially somone like Gandalf.

And Gothmog and Ecthelion were evenly matched before they fell in the fountain, its impossible to predict who would win if the fountain wasnt there.

Revolver Ocelot
Perhaps they were, but the mightiest non-Ainu warrior was a Man, not an Elf.

Traya
Meh, not really.

Captain REX
Please don't close this REX. I was doing this for you! Honest! sad

ehem anyways. The two big M's fight.

I say Morgoth, but thats because he was a demi-god who was the strongest of all the angels(Valar)

Sorry, but as interesting as I would find these debates, they're non-Star Wars, Zeph.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.