Can you put all of your thoughts into a small glass jar and fill it up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
From the mind to the physical world. Could you achieve this? If a mushy and wet thingy like a brain can do it? Why can't the jar?

philosophy people...come on..

Mindship
My thoughts can fill up half a pistachio shell.

Shakyamunison
I thought about this for a while, but then I ran out of room in my cubical, so I don't know. wacko

Soleran
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I thought about this for a while, but then I ran out of room in my cubical, so I don't know. wacko

finish your TPS reports and get back to ASAP!

Evil Dead
the brain does not contain thoughts.......it produces them at the very moment in use, then they're gone forever. If desired later, the brain can reproduce the same thoughts......

Janus Marius
Yeah, plus the composition of a glass jar and the air inside it doesn't allow for internalization.

Shakyamunison
^ Now look what we have done. eek! Have we gone too far?

Thinking of fleeting thoughts in a glass jar, will not lead to internalization or enlightenment. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Evil Dead
the brain does not contain thoughts.......it produces them at the very moment in use, then they're gone forever. If desired later, the brain can reproduce the same thoughts...... I agree.

Shakyamunison
I am the only person to vote. eek!

debbiejo
Ok, I voted............I view thoughts like this. They are not part of your brain though your brain I believe is a receptor of them. Thoughts and ideas can come from outside of yourself through energy waves or whatever you want to call them, just like when you're done with your thoughts they leave out as energy waves and can be picked up by others.

Shakyamunison
^hysterical

Wait what did you say?.... Eat my what...? big grin

debbiejo
What??????...........I didn't say eat anything............though I am getting hungry..

Are you trying to make me seem like a nut?? roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
What??????...........I didn't say eat anything............though I am getting hungry..

Are you trying to make me seem like a nut?? roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

No try, do...

debbiejo
laughing out loud .......you shouldn't talk about yourself like that.........hahaha stick out tongue

Janus Marius
zOMG!... Nuts!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Janus Marius
zOMG!... Nuts!

Sorry, this thread has gone nuts. laughing

Janus Marius
Well, the question is a bit vague. I don't really know what more we can make of it. Thoughts are dependant on the brain to have any substance, even if that substance is purely metaphysical. The composition of the inside of a jar can't produce thoughts nor can it maintain then. However, I suppose you COULD perpetuate thoughts by putting a book in the jar.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Well, the question is a bit vague. I don't really know what more we can make of it. Thoughts are dependant on the brain to have any substance, even if that substance is purely metaphysical. The composition of the inside of a jar can't produce thoughts nor can it maintain then. However, I suppose you COULD perpetuate thoughts by putting a book in the jar.

Ooooooo cool...

A book in the jar. What about a computer in a jar?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Sorry, this thread has gone nuts. laughing

thank you for your contribution shaky....

AOR
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
From the mind to the physical world. Could you achieve this? If a mushy and wet thingy like a brain can do it? Why can't the jar?

philosophy people...come on..

I think you need to lay off the cookies there WD wink

The Great AOR has spoken

debbiejo
laughing out loud ..Yeah, that is kinda funny WD.........

I think thoughts are so massive when you include the whole populous that we're swimming in them unaware.

Mindship
I heard once that the number of thoughts you can fit into a jar is equal to half the cube root of the number of angels you can fit on the head of a pin...or is it the other way around...?

debbiejo
Thoughts penetrate water ya know....

http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight/research_emoto.htm

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
my problem here is that thoughts are intangible and u cant fill a select volume with inteangible material no matter what it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.