Hyperion(supreme power) vs. WonderWoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
blood lust on.............

Validus
Wonder Woman

Black Adam
WonderWoman

Scoobless
Hyperion

Thunderstrike
Hyperion.

Etrigan
Hyperion.

Validus
How does Hyperion win? WW is stronger, a better fighter, probably faster and has taken it to people much more powerful than him.

Thunderstrike
Stronger - no
Better fighter- maybe.
Faster - no
People more powerful than him - just because you can take it to somebody stronger than you doesn't mean much.

Validus
Stronger - Clearly. Name a Hyperion feat that's above what WW could do. You can't.

Better Fighter - Undeniable. Thousands of years of training under her belt. Hyperion could barely beat Redstone. laughing out loud

Faster - Yes though it might be debatable. WW has shown speedblitzing capabilites. Hyperion is pretty fast from Point A to Point B. Won't do him any good.

Thunderstrike
The thing about Hyperion is not that people are stronger than him, because you can't say anything more than "Wonder Woman has more feats." With Hyperion, he has done everything with literal ease since he came about. Think about what he did in issue 18 of Supreme Power. He comes as close to literal invincibility than anyone. Also, it comes down to the facts that 1) We don't know his extents, but they're apparently so far beyond comprehension that it's ridiculous, and 2)Everything he has done up to this point was cake to him.

Let me be honest about something. I despise Wonder Woman. I think that post-crisis Wonder-Woman completely ruined the character. She was made into a feminazi psycho who basically, as the Pre-crisis version put it, sexist toward men. I hate characters like that, so my decision is biased. When it comes to experiences though, Hyperion has gone through more hell with being a superhero at this point than many have in DC.

Validus
It's not that she has more feats. It's that she has better feats. Quite frankly, if a Sun to Earth punch from Superman only makes her blackout momentarily, Hyperion doesn't have a shot in hell of beating her. Nobody can tell me that isn't one of the most insane durability feats in comics.

Hyperion simply hasn't done anything to say he can take WW. Battle feats count more than divebombing the Earth at Mach 10 and making a crater. As it stands now he could barely handle Redstone tossing people at him. What would he do against someone as strong, fast and skilled as WW? If you want to give Hype the win because you hate WW, thats fine and dandy though. You could have just said that in the first place instead of saying he's stronger and faster than she is.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Wonder women stomps him.......

Scoobless
Originally posted by Validus
a Sun to Earth punch from Superman only makes her blackout momentarily.

It's a decent durability feat.... but she did black out

Battle feats count more than divebombing the Earth at Mach 10 and making a crater.

Mach 10? .... minimum ... a much more powerful impact than WW's from Supes punch and not a scratch on him...... a far superior durability feat than the one you mentioned

Validus
Originally posted by Scoobless
It's a decent durability feat.... but she did black out

Mach 10? .... minimum ... a much more powerful impact than WW's from Supes punch and not a scratch on him...... a far superior durability feat than the one you mentioned
How is it a more powerful impact? She went from Sun to Earth in seconds so it was obviously faster than light. That's way more than "decent".

Scoobless
How is it a more powerful impact?

It's fairly easy to see that from the level of destruction both left when landing

leonidas
what are the min differences between supreme power hype and regular old marvel squadron supreme hype? the one that got his neck broken by glads . . .

batdude123
For all of you who are underestimating Hyperion, take a look at his powers/abilities:

Powers and abilities
All incarnations of Hyperion have roughly the same abilities, which mirror that of the DC character Superman in nearly every respect. He has very similar powers to Marvel Universe characters Gladiator and the Sentry, as they too are based on Superman.

He has vast superhuman strength that rivals that of such notable powerhouses such as Thor and the Hulk, meaning he can lift far in excess of 100 tons. He has superhuman speed and reflexes. In all incarnations, he can shoot intense plasma beams ("Flash vision"wink from his eyes and, in the specific case of Hyperions I and II, it was noted that these beams are radioactive and potentially hazardous to bystanders in the vicinity. He can see outside the normal visible spectrum. He is vulnerable to argonite radiation, but is otherwise essentially invincible to all injury, save his own death rays. He can fly at faster than escape velocity speeds. His senses are superhumanly acute, but the various versions have widely differing levels of sensory enhancement.

In previous versions, in the event that he is actually killed, his corpse enters a state of suspended animation and if his bodily mass is left alone long enough, it will eventually reconstitute itself and he will return to life. He has a superhuman regenerative healing factor similar to that of the Earth-616 Eternals, who are capable of controlling their own molecular structure.

Aside from his superhuman advantages, it is worth noting that Hyperion I was highly intelligent and a talented professional artist.

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
what are the min differences between supreme power hype and regular old marvel squadron supreme hype? the one that got his neck broken by glads . . .

Well....... he's not ginger and he doesn't have an uber-gay costume with matching girdle

embarrasment

Murda Mase
If WW so durable then why does she block bullets with her braclets?

batdude123
Originally posted by Murda Mase

I've always wondered that myself. And yet, she takes shots from Superman. confused

Murda Mase
Hyperion would win.

He'd literally kill WW, where WW would just try to stop him.

Scoobless

laughing out loud

Validus
Originally posted by Scoobless
It's fairly easy to see that from the level of destruction both left when landing
I know how it was drawn. WW should still have had way more impact though. I don't see Hyperion taking shots like that.

King KAM
If WW so durable then why does she block bullets with her braclets? my thoughts exactly

Accel
From what I can remember, I believe her durability works in a way that broad objects (i.e. fists or Earth's surface) don't do much damage to her at all, but small, narrow objects (i.e. arrows and bullets) penetrate her skin just like they would anyone else.

I think I remember her comparing her durability to a nail being hammered into wood before. If you take a block of wood and try to hammer it into another block of wood, then you wouldn't really get any where. However, if you try to hammer a nail into a block of wood, it should go in just fine.

At least I'm pretty sure that that's how her durability works.

Accel
Oh, and Wonder Woman wins. I don't recall hearing about anything that Hyperion has done that puts him in her league.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by Accel
From what I can remember, I believe her durability works in a way that broad objects (i.e. fists or Earth's surface) don't do much damage to her at all, but small, narrow objects (i.e. arrows and bullets) penetrate her skin just like they would anyone else.

I think I remember her comparing her durability to a nail being hammered into wood before. If you take a block of wood and try to hammer it into another block of wood, then you wouldn't really get any where. However, if you try to hammer a nail into a block of wood, it should go in just fine.

At least I'm pretty sure that that's how her durability works.

Thats weird.

So its like in a Pre Crisis comic I read were she could lift the Statue of Liberty, but couldn't beat up a dinosaur.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
Oh, and Wonder Woman wins. I don't recall hearing about anything that Hyperion has done that puts him in her league.

Powers and abilities
All incarnations of Hyperion have roughly the same abilities, which mirror that of the DC character Superman in nearly every respect. He has very similar powers to Marvel Universe characters Gladiator and the Sentry, as they too are based on Superman.

He has vast superhuman strength that rivals that of such notable powerhouses such as Thor and the Hulk, meaning he can lift far in excess of 100 tons. He has superhuman speed and reflexes. In all incarnations, he can shoot intense plasma beams ("Flash vision"wink from his eyes and, in the specific case of Hyperions I and II, it was noted that these beams are radioactive and potentially hazardous to bystanders in the vicinity. He can see outside the normal visible spectrum. He is vulnerable to argonite radiation, but is otherwise essentially invincible to all injury, save his own death rays. He can fly at faster than escape velocity speeds. His senses are superhumanly acute, but the various versions have widely differing levels of sensory enhancement.

In previous versions, in the event that he is actually killed, his corpse enters a state of suspended animation and if his bodily mass is left alone long enough, it will eventually reconstitute itself and he will return to life. He has a superhuman regenerative healing factor similar to that of the Earth-616 Eternals, who are capable of controlling their own molecular structure.

wink

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Powers and abilities

wink
Yeah, I think everyone knows Hype is a Superman rip off at this point. Though not nearly as powerful. big grin

batdude123
Yeah, I think everyone knows Hype is a Superman rip off at this point. Though not nearly as powerful. big grin

My bad fellow JLAKMC member! big grin

Murda Mase

wink

The Supreme Power one can't do that, I don't think.

Scoobless
The Supreme Power one can't do that, I don't think.

Unknown .....

batdude123
^ Poop.

Thunderstrike
If Hyperion pushes a planet with his bare hands sometime soon, I'm gonna just start laughing.

Validus
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
If Hyperion pushes a planet with his bare hands sometime soon, I'm gonna just start laughing.
Yeah, he has to stop getting mind controlled by his opponents before that.

JOE NUNEZ
For all of you who are underestimating Hyperion, take a look at his powers/abilities:

Powers and abilities

Aside from his superhuman advantages, it is worth noting that Hyperion I was highly intelligent and a talented professional artist. sounds like a rough superman,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.