Is revelation upon us?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The .hacker
I was in school today and everyone started talking about this, so I thought I'd discuss it with you guys. Revelation states that the end of the world will come when tragedy strikes worl-wide, America having hurricanes, tornados and 9/11 to top it off, each being more horrible than usual. India had the Tsunami, massive earthquakes striking around, bombings and suicides... What do you think? Is it here?

AOR
Of course not, for we shall niether know the day nor the hour for it's comming....

Gregory
No. Jesus. People have been thinking we lived in the end times since the goddamn Bible was written--which, you'll recall, claims that the end will come durring Mark's generation. They've always been wrong. They're wrong now.

AOR
Certainly they are not wrong in the coming of the end. It is when they attempt a time frame...

debbiejo
At around 1000 AD they thought it was the end of the world also.....and WWII.

Shakyamunison
No. The revelation took place some 1900 years ago.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Gregory
No. Jesus. People have been thinking we lived in the end times since the goddamn Bible was written--which, you'll recall, claims that the end will come durring Mark's generation. They've always been wrong. They're wrong now.

Yeah, this is true. It's annoying seeing everyone going "Omg teh end of the tiems!!11" just like they did for the past 1000+ years.

debbiejo
The book of Revelations was taken out of the cannon about 3 or 4 times.........Wish it would of been left out..........sure is the cause of many problems.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by debbiejo
The book of Revelations was taken out of the cannon about 3 or 4 times.........Wish it would of been left out..........sure is the cause of many problems.

All it does is bring frantic among the populace....Not very necessary.

Darth Jello
Not to mention that it justifies pollution and attrocities

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Not to mention that it justifies pollution and attrocities Very true. It makes me sick how many feel "OH, it doesn't matter what we do to the earth, We're going to get a new one anyway when Jesus comes."

Mindship
No.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
No.

You should tell them why. wink

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You should tell them why. wink

Because my P.F. Flyers magic decoder ring says so. rolling on floor laughing

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Because my P.F. Flyers magic decoder ring says so. rolling on floor laughing

At least it's not blind faith. wink

OB1-adobe
If 9/11, hurricanes, and tornadoes are marks of the end then Littleton Colorado must be a place of tranquility, well except for the high school shooting.

Why all of that was happening in 9/11, things were all dandy over here.

Its not signs of the end, its just news

grey fox
Until i see Christ floating down in his pure white armour then it's just generally bad-shit for other countries and people.

Jury
Nobody knows when the End will be. Lord Jesus Christ didn't know it either. But the "signs" or the "ends of the earth" written in the Book of Revelation are upon us ... as clear as crystals.

yes

Darth Jello
Originally posted by debbiejo
Very true. It makes me sick how many feel "OH, it doesn't matter what we do to the earth, We're going to get a new one anyway when Jesus comes."
Ironically, James Watt (possibly the worst secretary of the interior in the history of the United States-nearly 40 criminal indictments) is on campus this week and that's pretty much his motto.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.