Official Sentry mini-series discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
This thread is for the Sentry mini-series that is nearly over.

I've been reading it so far, and although I'm not a big fan of the art at all, I still think it's really good.

Anyone else been reading it or plan on doing so?

Discuss!

smokin'

Lucid Lui
I don't mind the art too much. Romita's stuff can look really good sometimes, you just have to be in the mood to see.

But yeah, this mini has been great so far. Really enjoying it.

Validus
I think it's starting to drag a bit but thats mainly because each issue ends with pretty much the same teaser.

JR Jr's art is a mixed bag. His scenery is excellent and he's a good storyteller. His figures are weak though.

Sir SKEETS Alot
The series is great but yea the art is a lacking though........erm

SnakeEyes
Anyone else?

I can't wait for issue 8...

King KAM
I think the art is fine, you have to learn to appreciate that the wolrd isnt mcniven, and yes it is perdy good so far 8/10

SnakeEyes
I know the art isn't on the McNiven level or anything, but I could think of numerous artists that could've done a better job, that's all. It's not really bad art... but I don't think it's very good either.

Thunderstrike
We should get some scans in so we can discuss his powers and such. Lot to figure out.

Validus
That finale was a little anti-climactic. They basically set up the next big crossover event.

Thunderstrike
How did it end?

Validus
Sentry finds out the serum that gave him his powers is Captain America's original super soldier formula except 100,000x more powerful.

Sentry takes Void into space and throws him into the sun. Void promises to come back and make up for all the good Sentry will be do in his absence. Sentry knows he's telling the truth. End.

Thunderstrike
Any conclusion on his power level? Though I doubt the Phoenix Force thing, I'm defiantely thinking he's near Thor. Doubt he could beat Thor, but definately near that power level.

Validus
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Any conclusion on his power level? Though I doubt the Phoenix Force thing, I'm defiantely thinking he's near Thor. Doubt he could beat Thor, but definately near that power level.
Nope, nothing besides the besides the super soldier bit. He had a nice speed feat getting from the earth to sun in a couple sentences though and he did a thunderclap. embarrasment

Thunderstrike
So, he's at Class 100 with ease, can fly more than likely past light speed, can use light constructs, possibly control solar energy, and has telekenetic abilities. He's kinda like a crazy Superboy amped a little witha GL ring. I'd put him around Gladiator's level.

snoopdogg
I don't think we can accurately calculate how fast Sentry is by issue #8. Tha'ts not concrete enough evidence to suggest he is faster than light. Panels are not a good measuring tool. Perhaps if there was a time-clock or narration it would be good enough.

He has level 5 speed according the the unpopular handbooks.

Anyways why did Sentry kiss the Void? Is he bi-sexual?(Serious Question)

Validus
Yeah, that kiss kind of threw me off. Looked open mouth to me. eek!

joesha28
Kiss? confused

So Sentry is ultra-powered super soldier. Sentry means Soldier. Ok but why they tried to snub him?

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I don't think we can accurately calculate how fast Sentry is by issue #8. Tha'ts not concrete enough evidence to suggest he is faster than light. Panels are not a good measuring tool. Perhaps if there was a time-clock or narration it would be good enough.

He has level 5 speed according the the unpopular handbooks.

Handbooks also say Colossus is under Class 100. They're shit.

Lucid Lui
It looked more like the Void kissed Sentry to me. Either way it took me by surpirse.

But yeah, a bit anti-climatic. Though still a good read overall.

joesha28
So Sentry is Super-soldier

Validus
Originally posted by joesha28
So Sentry is Super-soldier
Pretty much.

joesha28
But why they try to snup him out?

Validus
Because he's a mistake and because the serum running through his body could be used to make everyone on Earth into Sentry's and Void's.

S.S
I didn't like the end of the mini..........erm

Thunderstrike
NA Annual 1 shows that he's a psychic. big grin

Thunderstrike
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7291/newavengersannual01294sm.jpg

There's the page. He wouldn't be able to push that madness on her if he weren't a psychic. That scene was badass. He took a page out of Alucards' book.

S.S

There's the page. He wouldn't be able to push that madness on her if he weren't a psychic. That scene was badass. He took a page out of Alucards' book.
*sigh* you must of not read Sentry#8 if you did you would know that fOr every Sentry there's a void.So Sentry Hypothesized that since She had the sentry's power she must also have a Void.In other words you're Wrong Sentry is not a psychic there was nothing psychic about what he did.

Thunderstrike
If it's a manifest of his mind, how the hell is she going to see it if he doesn't push it on her? That's a psychic attack.

S.S
If it's a manifest of his mind, how the hell is she going to see it if he doesn't push it on her? That's a psychic attack.
laughing out loud please read Sentry #8,Void explained it for every Sentry there is a Void that's a side effect of the serum..........

grey fox
Does anyone have any scan's of the issues ? I'm trying to obtain the whole Mini series so i can place it on disc.

S.S
I could have posted the whole series if I had a working Scanner.Your best bet is to ask Lucid or Validus.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by S.S
laughing out loud please read Sentry #8,Void explained it for every Sentry there is a Void that's a side effect of the serum..........

Okay skeets, I want you to explain this. How on earth can he push that image on to her mind if he is not a psychic. Consider this: She did not take the actual serum. What she took was a mirror of Sentry's powers, and he also said that he could make the void go away. He would have to have psychic abilities to be able to do that.

S.S
Okay skeets, I want you to explain this. How on earth can he push that image on to her mind if he is not a psychic. Consider this: She did not take the actual serum. What she took was a mirror of Sentry's powers, and he also said that he could make the void go away. He would have to have psychic abilities to be able to do that.
Apparently a Mirror of his powers is enough to create a Void what part of "for every Sentry theirs a Void" don't you get?Read Sentry #8 and then you'll understand it better as it seems that there's no convincing you.

Lucid Lui
and he also said that he could make the void go away. He would have to have psychic abilities to be able to do that. This leads me to believe that he was making her see the Void aswell.

I'm still not sure though...

BlaqChaos
I read Sentry #8, and I must disagree with you about him not being psychic. You're forgetting two very important things. #1. We know that his mind is holding his powers together (From Void talking about his power being tied to his emotional state, and from Emma Frost's mind probe and learning that his mind is holding his powers together.) #2. He also planet the idea of a Sentry comic into the mind of Paul Jenkins. How could he have done that w/o psychic powers?

Laminator_X
However you choose to interperet Sentry vs. Adaptoid, or the Void's rather obtuse pronouncements; the Sentry DOES have psychic abilities.

In the original Sentry mini he contacted Professor X via telepathy. It could also be said that his calming the Hulk down was a psychic power, as are his healing abilities. The sophistication of power required to cure what looked like autism (his therapist's daughter) is staggering.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
I read Sentry #8, and I must disagree with you about him not being psychic. You're forgetting two very important things. #1. We know that his mind is holding his powers together (From Void talking about his power being tied to his emotional state, and from Emma Frost's mind probe and learning that his mind is holding his powers together.) #2. He also planet the idea of a Sentry comic into the mind of Paul Jenkins. How could he have done that w/o psychic powers? Can a psychic actually go into another psychics mind though?

And what is up with that kiss Sentry gave the Void? That's not cool.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/SentryisGay.jpg

S.S
laughing out loud I tried to ignore that kissing thing..........no
But think about it it's just like masturbation........shifty

Validus
Nice file name. laughing out loud

Thunderstrike
Well, the Void is the opposite of the Sentry, right? I guess that means that he's the direct opposite of everything the Sentry stands for. Sentry is a married man who loves his wife. Void likes men.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Validus
Nice file name. laughing out loud I have so many files saved on CD I put it like that so I could find it fast if I need to.

snoopdogg
Well, the Void is the opposite of the Sentry, right? I guess that means that he's the direct opposite of everything the Sentry stands for. Sentry is a married man who loves his wife. Void likes men. Well It looks like Sentry kissed him. Because he was in control if the situation. He flew Void to the Sun while holding his neck against his own will which leads me to believe Sentry kissed him.

Thunderstrike
Meh. Could be artist error. Either way, he IS crazy.

Validus
Meh. Could be artist error. Either way, he IS crazy.
I don't think it's that crazy to want to kiss someone before you get tossed into a star. Granted, I have little experience in that area but I can imagine the thoughts running through his head... embarrasment

S.S
I don't think it's that crazy to want to kiss someone before you get tossed into a star. Granted, I have little experience in that area but I can imagine the thoughts running through his head... embarrasment
Little experience but you have some........ wink

Validus
Originally posted by S.S
Little experience but you have some........ wink
Being tossed into hot things I mean. Perv. mad

S.S
Being tossed into hot things I mean. Perv. mad
" Tossed into Hot Things"......naughty.......... love

Validus
Originally posted by S.S
" Tossed into Hot Things"......naughty.......... love
embarrasment

Mississippienne
You see boys, when a superhero and his evil twin love each other very much...

Heh, I got nothing. Just that the page of Sentry and Void at the Sun has got to be one of the finest moments of WTFery in a comic book ever. Whatever is going on there has to be illegal in at least 48 states.

Lucid Lui
I always liked the theory i read online that the Sentry was actually the Watcher. Sick of not being able to interfere, he inserted a human version of himself into the Marvel history so he could help protect it. So the Sentry hadn't actually been around since before everyone else, the Watcher made that history up. And the Void was a result of the Watcher wrestling against the Watcher's oath of non-interference. Made sense with him having the Watchtower, and the Watchdog. But yeah, his real origin is still ok.

Notice they've also given Sentry the "confidence" issue that Gladiator has. The Void sais... "You're too unstable. Your power goes up an down with your emotions. Where do you stand if someone takes away your confidence and i am not there to kill them for you?"

S.S
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I always liked the theory i read online that the Sentry was actually the Watcher. Sick of not being able to interfere, he inserted a human version of himself into the Marvel history so he could help protect it. So the Sentry hadn't actually been around since before everyone else, the Watcher made that history up. And the Void was a result of the Watcher wrestling against the Watcher's oath of non-interference. Made sense with him having the Watchtower, and the Watchdog. But yeah, his real origin is still ok.

Notice they've also given Sentry the "confidence" issue that Gladiator has. The Void sais... "You're too unstable. Your power goes up an down with your emotions. Where do you stand if someone takes away your confidence and i am not there to kill them for you?"
Which means we will be seeing alot of jobbing from Sentry........ sad

joesha28
I kinda analysed and calculated Sentry's basic strength:

Sentry's serum is 100 000x stronger than Cap's Serum.

Cap's best benchpress has seen in comics is 1000 lbs= 454.545455 kg

Therefore Sentry's is 454.545455 * 100 000= 45454545.5 kg

1000 kg = 1 ton at least

So Sentry's basic strength is 45454.5455 tons which is beyond the basic class 100 which rep 100 tons.

This is only base strength of Sentry but can never be less logically but have to be more.

Thunderstrike
That's pretty sick.

joesha28
Why?

Thunderstrike
Just how incredibly strong he is. That would put him up near Hercules, Thor, and Beta Ray with raw strength. Yeesh.

S.S
I kinda analysed and calculated Sentry's basic strength:

Sentry's serum is 100 000x stronger than Cap's Serum.

Cap's best benchpress has seen in comics is 1000 lbs= 454.545455 kg

Therefore Sentry's is 454.545455 * 100 000= 45454545.5 kg

1000 kg = 1 ton at least

So Sentry's basic strength is 45454.5455 tons which is beyond the basic class 100 which rep 100 tons.

This is only base strength of Sentry but can never be less logically but have to be more.
Classic Thor lifts more then that so it's really not that impressive.Sentry's supposed to have limitless powers/strength so I don't know.

joesha28
Isn't that obvious that Sentry might rival the Marvel Strong boys in strength. Remember Void broke Hulk's bone, but Sentry punked Void like nothing.

S.S
Isn't that obvious that Sentry might rival the Marvel Strong boys in strength. Remember Void broke Hulk's bone, but Sentry punked Void like nothing.
I hated how Hulk acted like a lil pussy.You should see him in the "Planet Hulk" arc he's great.

joesha28
Yes he's badass.

Laminator_X
I wouldn't take the "!00,000" figure literally. Sentry's powers are obiously very different than Cap's.

Thunderstrike
I'm wondering if his psychic powers were latent or not.

marvelprince
I think he just never got a full understanding of his powers so I don't think he even knew he was psychic after a while

Arahan
To me it looks that Void kissed Sentry.
Void says the " I love you" thing and Sentry throws him away.

Mississippienne
The panel itself is ambiguous and open to interpretation, but I think it's the other way around -- the Sentry was the one in control of the situation, he had the Void by the neck, I think he was the one who initiated it. Almost as if to prove he really didn't need the Void (which they were arguing about immediately prior), even though he kisses him and the Void confesses that he loves him, the Sentry is still able to go through with throwing him into the Sun.

This is some mind-crack, right here.

grey fox
Originally posted by Mississippienne
The panel itself is ambiguous and open to interpretation, but I think it's the other way around -- the Sentry was the one in control of the situation, he had the Void by the neck, I think he was the one who initiated it. Almost as if to prove he really didn't need the Void (which they were arguing about immediately prior), even though he kisses him and the Void confesses that he loves him, the Sentry is still able to go through with throwing him into the Sun.

This is some mind-crack, right here.

Grade A , china white Mind crack my friend....

littleredhat
This situation reminds me alot of Magic Knight Rayearth.

Its a manga/anime by Clamp. In it the main heroine creates this double that is her but is also the exact opposite of her.

So the double hates everything that the heroine loves and loves everything that the heroine hates.

And because the heroine secretly hates herself the double is in love with her.

Its possible that both the Void and the Sentry hate themselves and thus love eachother.

They can't help it. embarrasment

snoopdogg
Yea I think Sentry plays for both teams. But I am fine with that cause Ultimate Colossus plays for the other side and he's one of my favorites.

Either way that would be a very effective move during battle. Kissing your opponent would definately throw them off.

Mississippienne
Yea I think Sentry plays for both teams. But I am fine with that cause Ultimate Colossus plays for the other side and he's one of my favorites.

Either way that would be a very effective move during battle. Kissing your opponent would definately throw them off.

Hahahah! It could be his 'finishing move', like in Mortal Kombat.

DR DOOM: Kneel before me, pathetic Avengers! Know the might of... DOOM!

SENTRY: *kisses him*

DR DOOM: ....

SENTRY: *throws Doom into the Sun*

Validus
Originally posted by Mississippienne
Hahahah! It could be his 'finishing move', like in Mortal Kombat.

DR DOOM: Kneel before me, pathetic Avengers! Know the might of... DOOM!

SENTRY: *kisses him*

DR DOOM: ....

SENTRY: *throws Doom into the Sun*
laughing

Laminator_X
It struck me more as a "Godfather"-style kiss of death.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Laminator_X
It struck me more as a "Godfather"-style kiss of death. Na I don't think it was anything like that. The look on their faces disproves that.

It struck me as kinda "icky".

Validus
Open mouthed with closed eyes. It was how you would kiss a significant other....

Kool-Aid
laughing

That reminded me of the Drawin Together episode, when the parody of Superman explored his gay side with Zelda.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
laughing

That reminded me of the Drawin Together episode, when the parody of Superman explored his gay side with Zelda.

no expression

eek!

laughing

Kool-Aid

Nah man.

Sentry and Void are the same person.

Its like making out with your hand.

grey fox
I just read issue #1 , the case seems to be that Sentry is trying too hard to separate each part of himself , the Sentry and Robert.

He enjoys being needed and wanted , yet fears the fact that because he is the most powerful 'human' on the planet the 'whole world rest's on his shoulders' and as such tries to prioritise what he does to deal with the major priorities.

Robert Reynolds has also has some identity problems as well , not knowing wether he's the sentry or just plain old Robert . He believes himself worthless as a 'Normal person' which is where his problems stem.

The artwork was pretty good as was the void's little song .

AJ4LIFE
hay can someone post scans of it plz i dont know wat u on about

Mississippienne
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
hay can someone post scans of it plz i dont know wat u on about

This is the kissing scene (previously posted earlier in the thread): http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/SentryisGay.jpg

grey fox
I noticed this earlier but forgot to mention it , on page four in the bottom left panel you see sentry with his narrative and a separate picture next to him wearing what appears to be cowl .

Is that the fake 'ditko' version that everyone was getting hyped up about.

Doctor SKank
Originally posted by grey fox

U like Chico heh ?????? smile

Doctor SKank
Open mouthed with closed eyes. It was how you would kiss a significant other....

Its how i kiss your mother ! smile

King KAM
Originally posted by Doctor SKank
Its how i kiss your mother ! smile hahahahaha like you kiss women laughing .......good one... :

Mississippienne

A pal of mine on lj said that crack couldn't get much more efficient in a mainstream comic. To whit:

Hero/villain slash: CHECK.
Fourth wall breakage inherent in the character: CHECK.
Stan Lee alliteration: CHECK.
Old school art: CHECK.
Incest and/or masturbation, depending on how you define it: CHECK CHECK CHECK.
Snuff: CHECK.

Validus
Its how i kiss your mother ! smile
Sounds hot.

SnakeEyes
So does ANYONE know why that "kiss" thing was in there?!?!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
So does ANYONE know why that "kiss" thing was in there?!?! I try not to think about it. It if was on the cheek or hand or whatever. But a open mouth french-kiss was a tad too far.

Kinda icky.

leonidas
i haven't finished reading it yet. just read #3. was anyone else $%@*in' DISGUSTED at the hulk's portrayal??! what the holy hell is happening with hulk these days???? cripes, he was a whiny,
chicken@#!$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-I-S-G-G-U-S-T-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps-- i'm gathering that the void is powerful. i have no problem with him beating the hulk necesarily, but the way hulk was portrayed was BRUTAL!! hulk seems to be the non-cosmic galactus in marvel. if you want to sho some new is tough, have hulk appear and have the new guy kill him EASILY!! %$#@in' sucks, imo . . .

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by leonidas
i haven't finished reading it yet. just read #3. was anyone else $%@*in' DISGUSTED at the hulk's portrayal??! what the holy hell is happening with hulk these days???? cripes, he was a whiny,
chicken@#!$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-I-S-G-G-U-S-T-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps-- i'm gathering that the void is powerful. i have no problem with him beating the hulk necesarily, but the way hulk was portrayed was BRUTAL!! hulk seems to be the non-cosmic galactus in marvel. if you want to sho some new is tough, have hulk appear and have the new guy kill him EASILY!! %$#@in' sucks, imo . . .

No .... its marvels realization that 2D monsters are no longer the 'rage'.

D.C. understood this years ago, hence Doomsday rather limited cameo in I.C.

I see your a phoenix supporter now Leo. (I was told by Doctor Skank, really nice guy B.T.W.), Whirly is not amused ! big grin

S.S
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman

I see your a phoenix supporter now Leo. (I was told by Doctor Skank, really nice guy B.T.W.), Whirly is not amused ! big grin
Doctor Skank is a very cool guy...........cool

Doctor SKank
Originally posted by S.S
Doctor Skank is a very cool guy...........cool

Much appreciated my friend ... whirly has told me much about you're legendary sense of humour.

R.O.T. Yahman
Much appreciated my friend ... whirly has told me much about you're legendary sense of humour.

He's one of the few people on here whose actually got one .... smile

leonidas

phoenix supporter? confused i think the good 'doctor' may have been a little confused. my stance on the pf has never changed -- i've never really HAD one! how can anyone have one when marvel itself is divided on the issue. i've also not read all the relevent material, and slogging through some of gs and whirly's debates does NOT exactly clear matters up . . . sad

i would like to see the doc around a little more though. he seems like a very cool guy . . . shifty

as far as the 2d falling out of fad -- i don't believe that for a moment. hulk is still among the best selling books of all comics. beyond that, as i said, i don't care that he loses in the book, but he lost in a way that was out of character. the like was basically a frightened baby. that is NOT consistent with his portrayal over the decades, and THAT is wheer my problem lies.

Doctor SKank
phoenix supporter? confused i think the good 'doctor' may have been a little confused. my stance on the pf has never changed -- i've never really HAD one! how can anyone have one when marvel itself is divided on the issue. i've also not read all the relevent material, and slogging through some of gs and whirly's debates does NOT exactly clear matters up . . . sad

i would like to see the doc around a little more though. he seems like a very cool guy . . . shifty

as far as the 2d falling out of fad -- i don't believe that for a moment. hulk is still among the best selling books of all comics. beyond that, as i said, i don't care that he loses in the book, but he lost in a way that was out of character. the like was basically a frightened baby. that is NOT consistent with his portrayal over the decades, and THAT is wheer my problem lies.

Ill try to be around alot more .... didn't know i was so popular smile

R.O.T. Yahman

Definitely .... u have some cool things to say. Your posts on the super hero hype boards are widely regarded as 'the best'. smile

grey fox

The hulk their seemed like savage Hulk , which we haven't has sine the mid eighties. Usually the Hulk now is pretty intelligent.

Laminator_X
The hulk their seemed like savage Hulk , which we haven't has sine the mid eighties. Usually the Hulk now is pretty intelligent.

Depends. There's a disconnect between how the Hulk is doing i his own book, and how he's portrayed elsewhere. If he shows up with the Defenders, slaps around the Avengers of T-Bolts, or whatever; it's usually as Savage Hulk. There're exceptions to this, such as when Integrated Hulk weighed in in the Infinity Gauntlet, but Savage Hulk is the default "Guest Hulk."

I still keep waiting for te Avengers to make good on their promise to let I.H. on the team if he'd help out against Thanos.

leonidas

smile

leonidas
Depends. There's a disconnect between how the Hulk is doing i his own book, and how he's portrayed elsewhere. If he shows up with the Defenders, slaps around the Avengers of T-Bolts, or whatever; it's usually as Savage Hulk. There're exceptions to this, such as when Integrated Hulk weighed in in the Infinity Gauntlet, but Savage Hulk is the default "Guest Hulk."

I still keep waiting for te Avengers to make good on their promise to let I.H. on the team if he'd help out against Thanos.

the disconnect is an issue. but, even still -- if you're gonna have savage hulk, then make him savage!

S.S
That wasn't "Savage Hulk " it looked like "pussy Hulk" to me. Hulk was in Sentry's house healing and acting like a little girl for like the whole mini What the f**k?

BlaqChaos
Anyone who's read the original Sentry mini-series knows that something about the energy radiated by the Sentry makes the Hulk docile and child-like.

R.O.T. Yahman

Wasn't professor Hulk the one in the Secret War. IMO Hulk would have to be at a Secret War level to withsatnd any chance of matching current Superman (A bit off topic). Sentry inexhaustible power supply, probably puts him on par with current Supes, (well in strength anyway). Mind you the Sun was capable of killing the Void, but Supes have recently flew through a red sun and survived. Sorry about the random tangents, i ahvn't been on in a while. smile

Laminator_X
Wasn't professor Hulk the one in the Secret War. IMO Hulk would have to be at a Secret War level to withsatnd any chance of matching current Superman (A bit off topic). Sentry inexhaustible power supply, probably puts him on par with current Supes, (well in strength anyway). Mind you the Sun was capable of killing the Void, but Supes have recently flew through a red sun and survived. Sorry about the random tangents, i ahvn't been on in a while. smile

I have to wonder if the Void only discorperated because Rob was having a breakthrough in dealing with his disorders. If Sentry could simply manhandle the Void like that, he wouldn't have been able to lay waste to NYC (in flashbacks, but verified by Stark Tower's locale) or to fight against the Sentry and the Super-Mob at the end of the original mini.

Once Rob was willing to face his shame and hurt regaurding his youth/origins, as embodied by the "secrets" from the Void/Id/Subconcious being accepted by the Sentry/Ego/Concious; the Void stopped fighting, and his rage abated.

Paul Jenkins must have read a lot of Freud, or at least seen Forbidden Planet a few times.

grey fox
The original mini kicked ass

'Blackandblackandblackagainiamthefaceofyoursoul'

Greatest line ever.

Mr. Valentine
^Very very good post big grin just realised that myself actually...he over came his fear thus overcame the void big grin

Dark Shazam93
HOORAY! Does anyone have scans of the full mini?

grey fox
I have the first four issues of the second mini...

Dark Shazam93
Don't suppose you could put 'em on here... if I suck up to you... pleaaaaaaaaaassssse... O great Grey Fox, Master of Greatness etc etcf...

AJ4LIFE
yeh i got 1 but need rest

Dark Shazam93
I BEG YOU< O MASTER< O GREAT GREY FOX!

AJ4LIFE
hay i said that already before lol i can put first issure on i supose some how by quoteing wat he sent me how ever u do it

Dark Shazam93
Yeah, please do that, AJ!

AJ4LIFE
ok show me how to quote from another post like pm and i will

leonidas
I have to wonder if the Void only discorperated because Rob was having a breakthrough in dealing with his disorders. If Sentry could simply manhandle the Void like that, he wouldn't have been able to lay waste to NYC (in flashbacks, but verified by Stark Tower's locale) or to fight against the Sentry and the Super-Mob at the end of the original mini.

Once Rob was willing to face his shame and hurt regaurding his youth/origins, as embodied by the "secrets" from the Void/Id/Subconcious being accepted by the Sentry/Ego/Concious; the Void stopped fighting, and his rage abated.

Paul Jenkins must have read a lot of Freud, or at least seen Forbidden Planet a few times.

hmm, i'm not sure i agree entirely with that lam. void MIGHT represent the id, but sentry seems closer to superego manifested, than ego. also, in the 8pt mini (was there one before that?) it was said that SENTRY was the manifested creation. that would make SENTRY the subconscious while void was the conscious manifestation. or, at best, BOTH are subconscious . . .

now, something that i didn't quite follow: when exactly did the void and the sentry first manifest? he drank the serum, got his powers, and . . . confused

what happened next? did the void come into being at some point after he drank the serum? did the serum ALLOW the void to exist? had the void been a part of rob before the serum but couldn't be manifested -- ie -- was the void already present in his mind as a psychotic being? the chronology of events didn't seem to work too well for me. he seems to have come into the serum with the void at least in part formed (a disassociated portion of his psyche?) but then when did the sentry form? was sentry ALSO a part of him before the serum??

as for the apparent drop off in the level of void's powers: i was very surprised by that. here the void was able to effortlessly break all the bones in the hulk's body -- not to mention how much he frightened the hulk -- and sentry handled him with next to no trouble. the void was a serious letdown for me. i had thought that when sentry split, it would have weakened BOTH. otherwise, without sentry to keep him in 'check', to balance him out, i'd have thought void would be even MORE powerful. neither of those happened, so i'm left wondering -- why the hell did the void seem so weak??

i was pretty disappointed in the series as a whole and given how easily sentry handled void this time round, who CARES when he comes back. sad

Dark Shazam93
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
ok show me how to quote from another post like pm and i will Do the reply to that specific PM then highlight the full thing, quote code and all, and it copy it onto this thread or PM to me or whataver...

R.O.T. Yahman
hmm, i'm not sure i agree entirely with that lam. void MIGHT represent the id, but sentry seems closer to superego manifested, than ego. also, in the 8pt mini (was there one before that?) it was said that SENTRY was the manifested creation. that would make SENTRY the subconscious while void was the conscious manifestation. or, at best, BOTH are subconscious . . .

now, something that i didn't quite follow: when exactly did the void and the sentry first manifest? he drank the serum, got his powers, and . . . confused

what happened next? did the void come into being at some point after he drank the serum? did the serum ALLOW the void to exist? had the void been a part of rob before the serum but couldn't be manifested -- ie -- was the void already present in his mind as a psychotic being? the chronology of events didn't seem to work too well for me. he seems to have come into the serum with the void at least in part formed (a disassociated portion of his psyche?) but then when did the sentry form? was sentry ALSO a part of him before the serum??

as for the apparent drop off in the level of void's powers: i was very surprised by that. here the void was able to effortlessly break all the bones in the hulk's body -- not to mention how much he frightened the hulk -- and sentry handled him with next to no trouble. the void was a serious letdown for me. i had thought that when sentry split, it would have weakened BOTH. otherwise, without sentry to keep him in 'check', to balance him out, i'd have thought void would be even MORE powerful. neither of those happened, so i'm left wondering -- why the hell did the void seem so weak??

i was pretty disappointed in the series as a whole and given how easily sentry handled void this time round, who CARES when he comes back. sad

I prefer the 'soul eating' void of the first series. If it takes the X-men, fantastic Four, New Avengers, Namor, Strange and Black Bolt to handle the void, is Sentry capable of beating everyone on the planet at once ?

Dark Shazam93
HOLY *****************!!!!!!

leonidas
I prefer the 'soul eating' void of the first series. If it takes the X-men, fantastic Four, New Avengers, Namor, Strange and Black Bolt to handle the void, is Sentry capable of beating everyone on the planet at once ?

that THAT void i would have liked to see. but again -- why the drop off in his power level??

Dark Shazam93
Because they insiste that Sentry kill him...?

AJ4LIFE
oh hell with it heres first issue

front cover

1 http://img273.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010016ex.jpg

2 http://img415.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010027gt.jpg

3 http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010040vy.jpg

4 http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010054ir.jpg

5 http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010069hg.jpg

6 http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010072ib.jpg

7 http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010083dt.jpg

8 http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010099nu.jpg

9 http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010103ph.jpg

10 http://img421.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010116jj.jpg

11 http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010126dv.jpg

12 http://img421.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010137xm.jpg

13 http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010143jy.jpg

14 http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010154tt.jpg

15 http://img421.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010168ue.jpg

16 http://img421.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010175hq.jpg

17 http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010183xq.jpg

18 http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010192ds.jpg

19 http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010205qo.jpg

20 http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010210vc.jpg

21 http://img460.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010225wn.jpg

22 http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ts010238md.jpg

there u go hope it hasnt been posted while i am doing it lol

all thnx to fox

Dark Shazam93
I love you... love and tha's the 2nd miniseries, right?

AJ4LIFE
dont know it just the 1st of miniseries that fox gave me have alook on cover

R.O.T. Yahman
that THAT void i would have liked to see. but again -- why the drop off in his power level??

Maybe the Void is still at that level, but Sentry is literally so powerful he can easilly handle him ? smile

Dark Shazam93
Just read it... woah! Must find Part 2 now... weird but very cool and pretty good too!

Dark Shazam93
Does anyone have sacns of Issue 2?

grey fox
Cover http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00018eq.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00022ru.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00039dg.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00049gv.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00058bs.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00062fn.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00073cj.jpg
http://img420.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00083yc.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00091oo.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00105gc.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00115lt.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00126ru.jpg
http://img420.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00135bn.jpg
http://img420.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00146no.jpg
http://img420.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00151lq.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00168wt.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00172lk.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00189iz.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00190wx.jpg
http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00209az.jpg
http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00213bb.jpg
http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00226pz.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00238xp.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?...scan00240fv.jpg

Dark Shazam93
I love you love

Laminator_X

Ah, you're right of course. I meant super-ego.

Frankly, I took all the business about Void being the "real" Rob to be so much self deception. Same for the Sentry being the "separate entity." Sentry said that the Void had become separate in the first mini too. Niether one wants to admit to being part of the same being as the other.

I don't think that the Void's powers dropped off. I think it was Character Induced Jobbing; much like his computer's half-hearted attempts to attack the Sentry.

grey fox
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
I love you love

*Pat's on head*

Dark Shazam93
The scans don't work... only the cover worked! Grey...?

grey fox
Dont tell me , the image came up as a white square with a red cross in it.

Dark Shazam93
Yep...

grey fox
It's happening to me to , i have no idea why and it's on nearly every picture...

leonidas
Ah, you're right of course. I meant super-ego.

Frankly, I took all the business about Void being the "real" Rob to be so much self deception. Same for the Sentry being the "separate entity." Sentry said that the Void had become separate in the first mini too. Niether one wants to admit to being part of the same being as the other.

I don't think that the Void's powers dropped off. I think it was Character Induced Jobbing; much like his computer's half-hearted attempts to attack the Sentry.

yeah, it seemed like cis to me as well . . .

self deception, eh. pretty elaborate plan on the writer's part if so -- and convoluted. but you may well be right. at the end though, we see sentry hugging his wife, not rob. has rob been seen at all since the void was thrown into the sun? not sure cuz i don't get new avengers. if only sentry's been around (sans rob) then i guess they really WERE seperated (rob/void and sentry). if rob HAS been around then obviously the void wasn't 'really' rob.

oh, and why would they all be immortal? as rob died of old age, he'd take the 'manifestations' with him when he died, no?

Laminator_X
Rob showed up in the second issue of the current "Collective" story arc in NA. Lindy described him as having good days and bad days, mentally. Rob was sitting in bed babbling incoherantly about the Void telling him something. Cap radios in tells him to get it together and get in the game. Next issue the Sentry swoops in like the cavalry.

Also, in the NA annual, when the Adaptoid copies the Sentry's powers, the Sentry confronts her with the copy of the Void within her, saying that he has to struggle every day to keep his demons in check. He even goes so far as appearing in her eyes as the Void, and saying that he could keep it away from her. She stopped fighting and simpered like a frightenned child.

Ah, here're the scans from the Annual discussion thread:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3248/newavengersannual01307ez.jpg

leonidas
cool. thanks for the info. wink not sure how readers were supposed to simply 'infer' that there really was no seperation, but certainly your interpretation seems the correct one. smile

still though, any thoughts on the chronology issue and just who manifested when?

Doctor SKank
cool. thanks for the info. wink not sure how readers were supposed to simply 'infer' that there really was no seperation, but certainly your interpretation seems the correct one. smile

still though, any thoughts on the chronology issue and just who manifested when?

It seems like Bendis and Romijta (or how ever you spell his name), are writing about diffrent characters. Theres a lot of convolution and very lttle coherency. smile

leonidas
It seems like Bendis and Romijta (or how ever you spell his name), are writing about diffrent characters. Theres a lot of convolution and very lttle coherency. smile

whew! i thought maybe it was just me! big grin

R.O.T. Yahman
whew! i thought maybe it was just me! big grin

I agree to !!!!!!! smile

Accel
I'm still confused of what the hell was Dr. Strange so afraid of? That Sentry would discover the truth about the serum?

AJ4LIFE
can u post again plz fox old buddy old pal

leonidas
Originally posted by Accel
I'm still confused of what the hell was Dr. Strange so afraid of? That Sentry would discover the truth about the serum?

i agree. and i'm still not sure what the hell the serum did!! if sentry and void are manifestations of rob's delusions, what powers did rob get?? the power to manifest his madness??

the series really didn't work for me. sad

S.S
i agree. and i'm still not sure what the hell the serum did!! if sentry and void are manifestations of rob's delusions, what powers did rob get?? the power to manifest his madness??

It's the same as steve rogers a regular human who got a serum and was turned into Captain america.Rob's just a regular guy who suffers from some illness(need to read the book again to make sure exactly what he got)and the Serum turned him into the most powerful/Dangerous person on earth.
The serum made the Sentry and the Void as for every Sentry there's a Void.
Part of why they didn't want the Sentry to find out about the Serum is because he's the only one who has it running through his veins.In the last book they said something about having just one Sentry and Void and the planet can barely survive imagone billions of Sentry's.

Arahan
SS you Smash Brothers Fan. Me too big grin

Awesome trailer. Pit rocks and show time for snake laughing out loud

S.S
Originally posted by Arahan

Hell yea I have a sig with snake mario and Link check it out in my sig galley........... smile

AJ4LIFE
so anyone else got scans

Doctor SKank

Read the whole thing Leo .... It becomes quite evident, what Strange is 'So afraid'. Lets just say there's the potential of making everyone in the universe into the void. smile

Scary stuff. roll eyes (sarcastic)

AJ4LIFE
lol

Juntai
Originally posted by Arahan

I'm a Nintendo fanboy as well, and own both Smash Bros games, I hope we get online play for the new one, and possibly for the downloaded old ones. big grin

Accel
Originally posted by Juntai
I'm a Nintendo fanboy as well, and own both Smash Bros games, I hope we get online play for the new one, and possibly for the downloaded old ones. big grin
Wait, is there actually a new Smash Bros game coming out or are you guys just specualting?

AJ4LIFE
is this sentry thread or mario thread

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>