Captain America vs Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
They fight in the X-mansion grounds with its defences set to attack the both of them whilst they are fighting. NO PREP. Winner gets to take home Psylocke........................

Big Sexy
I like gambit waay more than cap but I think in a fight cap would lay him out.

badabing
If the X-Mansion defenses are set to attack both of them, I have to go with Cap on this one.

willRules
I think it could go either way. if Gambit keeps his distance he can do it, but if Cap gets too close he outfights him and wins................

steverules
I think they make their own insurance company IMO. laughing out loud

willRules
so who voted for Gambit if everyone thinks Cap wins?

Tallis
I think gambit wins this. He does'nt have to get near cap, he'll just fire a barage of projectiles, and since Gambit is so agile he can avoid any charge from Captain. true that Cap will use his shield to block the attack but he'll get annoyed and try to attack once he sees that getting close to Gambit wont work he'll send his shield launching toward Gambit who should be able to avoid it. He'll then pick it up charge and a fire it right back and it'll be game over for captain america

Etrigan
Cap wins, probably. Gambit beat Wolvie once by fluke.

Scoobless
Cap would own the sh!t out of Gambit

That is all

smile

StyleTime
Gambit wins. He's got he home field advantage AND Captain America is going to have to loose his shield if he going to drop Gambit. Once he throws the sheild, the cards and X-weapons are going to overwhelm him. Hell, they'll overwhelm him WITH the shield. Gambit just has to dodge the X-mansion weapons and wait for an opening. On the other hand, Captain America has really one shot to win here. If he takes the chance and throws his shield, he's gone. If he doesn't, he'll still lose eventually.

Psyquis52
Two hits.
Captain's shield to Gambit's face.
Gambit's head smacking the ground.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Two hits.
Captain's shield to Gambit's face.
Gambit's head smacking the ground.

And then the Ambulance hitting 60!

So that would be 3 hits. lol

MrHeavySilence
Gambits going to win. He'd heat the shield up to the point where Captain America can no longer hold it, and then he'll be assaulted with a barrage of poker cards blowing up in his face. After that, Gambit will knock him out with a kinetically charged staff.

Psyquis52
The guy can dodge bullets at point blank distance and for some odd reason you think he can't dodge bright and shiny cards.

StyleTime
The guy can dodge bullets at point blank distance and for some odd reason you think he can't dodge bright and shiny cards.
So can can Gambit yet you think he'll get hit a bright,shiny, NONEXPLOSIVE shield.

A lot of you also seem to forget that the X-Mansion defense system is firing at both of them as well. If Captain America throws his sheild, he'll be vulnerable.

Psyquis52
Cap has been in that position before and in zero gravity no less.
If the Cap survived an automatic defense system w/o his shield and in zero gravity and think he can handle the given situation.
Oh. And the trick to dodging Captain America's shield is not dodging it the first time, it's when it comes back around that makes it hard.
Also I think Gambit might be able to dodge the shield. I never said Cap was going to throw it I just said he was going to hit him with it.

Scoobless
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Gambits going to win. He'd heat the shield up to the point where Captain America can no longer hold it

If the Human Torch's nova blast can't heat it up to that point then there's no way in hell that Gambit can do it

leonidas
wow, i'm surprised by the cap luv! i think cap would take the majority as well, but i say it's pretty close -- 7/10 cap

King KAM
Gambits going to win. He'd heat the shield up to the point where Captain America can no longer hold it, and then he'll be assaulted with a barrage of poker cards blowing up in his face. After that, Gambit will knock him out with a kinetically charged staff. cap doesnt hold the shield itself, he uses the leather straps, which gambit cant heat up, so gambit heats up the sheild, and then gets hit by it...

King KAM
and there is no way in hell tha cap gets hit by one of these cards, gambit doesnt throw them fast enough, and as for gambits agility, Captain America puts beast to shame in that department, hes like the poorman's spiderman.

StyleTime
Cap has been in that position before and in zero gravity no less.
If the Cap survived an automatic defense system w/o his shield and in zero gravity and think he can handle the given situation.
Oh. And the trick to dodging Captain America's shield is not dodging it the first time, it's when it comes back around that makes it hard.
Also I think Gambit might be able to dodge the shield. I never said Cap was going to throw it I just said he was going to hit him with it.
I didn't say Captain couldn't dodge the weaponry, BUT he can't dodge the weaponry in combination with Gambit's arsenal simultaneously being launched at him.
Originally posted by King KAM
and there is no way in hell tha cap gets hit by one of these cards, gambit doesnt throw them fast enough, and as for gambits agility, Captain America puts beast to shame in that department, hes like the poorman's spiderman.
Gambit has thrown three cards from fifty feet away, hit a half millimeter trip wire, AND did this faster than thought. He could hit Captain America considering Captain will also be dodging the defense systems.

Gambit also has Captain beat in agility. Not mention, Gambit can still attack while dodging without compromising his defensive capabilities here. Captain America cannot.
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5570/12001797251c7bfed33o5mr.th.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/2699/comicgambit001154vi.th.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/58/comicgambit003039vp.th.jpg
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/6807/gambit5mz.th.jpg

willRules
This thread's doing well big grin big grin

Scoobless
Cap still owns Gambit!

yes

The_Olympian
Captain America will win due to is Visage. I believe that Gambit will be overwhelmed by the fact that he's fighting ****ing CAPTAIN AMERICA! Not to mention, captain america is a true pimp, whereas gambit is a backstabbing ***hole!

I hate Gambit..

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Scoobless
Cap still owns Gambit!

yes

huh

Ah okay, I forgot that Captain America wears his shield on a leather strap. So when Cap throws his shield, all Gambit has to do is heat the leather strap portion and when it comes back full circle, Cap won't be able to touch it. Its much easier for Gambit to win because all he has to do is reach out for Cap's face and blow it up.

Scoobless
huh

Ah okay, I forgot that Captain America wears his shield on a leather strap. So when Cap throws his shield, all Gambit has to do is heat the leather strap portion and when it comes back full circle, Cap won't be able to touch it. Its much easier for Gambit to win because all he has to do is reach out for Cap's face and blow it up.

I've often wondered how they managed to attach a leather strap to a disc of the most indestructible metal on earth

no expression

The_Olympian
They just do, man... they just do..

Same reason Wolverines Adamantium Degrades within his body even though adamantium DOESN'T degrade.

Same Reason Gambit CAN throw cards as far as he does even though it's physically impossible. People Can throw Cards... and far, if you have the skill. But 60 Yards? Come one!

Same reason people think Jean Grey can beat Hulk but not Juggernaut (It took Cable, one of the most powerful telepath, a PERFECTLY placed Psyblast along with a miraculously timed Storm lightning bolt to put HIM down...)

King KAM
I've often wondered how they managed to attach a leather strap to a disc of the most indestructible metal on earth

no expression leather is organic, gambit cant heat it, and also, if cap throws the shield with malicious intent, game isnt going to catch it, if he tries it will decapitate himOriginally posted by Scoobless
Cap still owns Gambit!

yes
so gambit can have aim with the cards, trip wires dont dodge.....Cap does, and Very well, considering he dodges literally about 50bullets a day, and either way he doesnt have to dodge them just block, but he wont block them, he'll let gambit throw his cards, and he will throw his shield, while gambit is busy trying to aim. and either way gambit is the one here who is gonna have to problem dodgeing the defense system, CAP is WAY more agile, for you to even open your mouth to speak on his agility compared to gambits is like comparing DD to Spiderman-cap being spiderman.

Tshern
Doesn't Gambit have a bit enhanced agility? He's at least peak human, so there's no way Cap defeats in that regard. Nor would Cap win this match, Gambit could just explode the place up and even one touch would be able to destroy Captain America.

King KAM
Originally posted by Tshern
Doesn't Gambit have a bit enhanced agility? He's at least peak human, so there's no way Cap defeats in that regard. Nor would Cap win this match, Gambit could just explode the place up and even one touch would be able to destroy Captain America. captain america has survived FAR worst blasts, and gambit has enhanced human agilty making him more agile than a regular human, captain america has been PROVEN to be more agile than beast.and no gambit isnt peak human....he isnt even on DDs level, he is simply quicker than the normal man.

willRules
captain america has survived FAR worst blasts, and gambit has enhanced human agilty making him more agile than a regular human, captain america has been PROVEN to be more agile than beast.and no gambit isnt peak human....he isnt even on DDs level, he is simply quicker than the normal man.

Ok I agree that Cap probably just wins this but he is no way more agile than Beast. One showing of him doing that doesn't really constitute a higher level of agility especially when taking into account the number of agile feats Beast has performed.

Tshern
Because he passed a training designed for Beast? Give me a break, that doesn't make him more agile, probably not even as agile as Beast. I'm pretty sure Cap is able to do a weightlift training with Beast too, but still he isn't as strong as him.

Than being exploded to smithereens? I highly doubt that.

Spider-man has enhanced strength, so he's a bit stronger than normal people?

Gambit can aim while dodging and he's also faster than Cap. This has been illustrated in the pictures posted by StyleTime. I understand you want to defend your favourite character, but there's no need to be irrational.

King KAM
Because he passed a training designed for Beast? Give me a break, that doesn't make him more agile, probably not even as agile as Beast. I'm pretty sure Cap is able to do a weightlift training with Beast too, but still he isn't as strong as him.

Than being exploded to smithereens? I highly doubt that.

Spider-man has enhanced strength, so he's a bit stronger than normal people?

Gambit can aim while dodging and he's also faster than Cap. This has been illustrated in the pictures posted by StyleTime. I understand you want to defend your favourite character, but there's no need to be irrational. gambit is faster than the cap??? hahahahaha youve got to be shitting me here,if you guys want to play the sanc game than we can but i didnt want it to go there, captain america can run a mile in a little over a minute, gambit is NOWAY faswter or more agile than cap , and has never shown to be faster, gambit simply ran from bullets and got away.

King KAM
and you are an idiot if you think gambit can blow up the x-mansion in one touch that would take him more than a minute

Scoobless
Gambit is not faster than Captain America

King KAM
i just looked at those scans......all gambit did was successfully run away from machine gun fire......punisher does this all the time.

King KAM
Gambit is not faster than Captain America everyone knows this.....and now he is saying that gambit has SUPERhuman agility....but has no scans to prove it....

Tshern
I could if I had a scanner. Hmph, I'm really getting annoyed because of the fact that I can't take scans of my comics.

I was being a bit unclear there, my bad. I meant one touch laid on Cap would be enough, it would definitely take more time to destroy the mansion, no doubt about that.

Well, Gambit threw a card faster than the speed of thought... Also the agility displayed in those scans is appalling. And in Wikipedia Gambit's agility is described enhanced while DD and Captain America are described to be peak humans.

But hey, I have to be going now, so we have to tangle up another time. Have a nice day!

King KAM
I could if I had a scanner. Hmph, I'm really getting annoyed because of the fact that I can't take scans of my comics.

I was being a bit unclear there, my bad. I meant one touch laid on Cap would be enough, it would definitely take more time to destroy the mansion, no doubt about that.

Well, Gambit threw a card faster than the speed of thought... Also the agility displayed in those scans is appalling. And in Wikipedia Gambit's agility is described enhanced while DD and Captain America are described to be peak humans.

But hey, I have to be going now, so we have to tangle up another time. Have a nice day! you are going by wikipedia now.....and you also are basing all your claims off of scans where is simply running and jumping, well wikipedia also says that captain americas agilty is super-human but if you read any comics of his youd know that. and the speed of thought differs from person to person.

and just so you know....youre messing with a monster in the reflex department http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ca140167bd.jpg

King KAM

if you knew anything about gambit, youd know he cant charge living things........and youd also know that he couldnt lay a finger on the cap in h2h

The_Olympian
Even IF captain America couldn't hit Gambit, he sure as hell wouldn't Tire out as Gambit would! His Serum prevents him from muscle contamination. His Stamina is MUCH farther ahead than gambit's.

Cap could at LEAST outlast him!

Black Adam
if you knew anything about gambit, youd know he cant charge living things........and youd also know that he couldnt lay a finger on the cap in h2h

caps costume isn't a living object.

King KAM
Originally posted by The_Olympian
Even IF captain America couldn't hit Gambit, he sure as hell wouldn't Tire out as Gambit would! His Serum prevents him from muscle contamination. His Stamina is MUCH farther ahead than gambit's.

Cap could at LEAST outlast him! why cant cap hit gambit? he's hit spider-man, thor,wolverine,iron fist, cable, deadpool, iron man, and everyother man he has ever fought.....

King KAM
Originally posted by Black Adam
caps costume isn't a living object. true....but if gambit is close enough to cap to touch, than doesnt this mean that he should be Koed?

Tshern
Sorry, but I won't going to the insultive way, if you don't mind. And I mostly meant his clothes, for example the part covering his head isn't too organic, right?

Though he gets tagged all the time, just like other agile characters?

King KAM
Sorry, but I won't going to the insultive way, if you don't mind. And I mostly meant his clothes, for example the part covering his head isn't too organic, right?

Though he gets tagged all the time, just like other agile characters? actually cap doesnt get tagged very much at all.

MrHeavySilence
true....but if gambit is close enough to cap to touch, than doesnt this mean that he should be Koed?

? Explain

King KAM
? Explain well since cap is extremely good at flipping people and grabbing wrists for locks and such since he is a master of ju-jitsu and judo, since he knows gambits powers im pretty sure he wouldnt let himself get touched, thats like kicking BB in the nuts while he's sleep

MrHeavySilence
Okay I've re-evaluated that the adamantium shield cannot be charged, nor the leather strap. Still, Captain America's adamantium shield will almost always be deflected by Gambit's adamantium staff. Not to mention Gambit has about 51 more projectiles than Cap (plus all the raw materials around), and he's bound to hit him. Gambit's no Bullseye but he's still a master at this stuff. Also, Gambit can just cut the leather strap with a biokinetically charged card, which would make it harder for Captain America to use it as a shield cause his hands can get tagged. Its just going to be a large projectile war, and since Gambit has a lot more, he's going to win. Gambit would never let Cap get close enough for a knockout and vice versa on Cap's clothing being kinetically charged to explode.

King KAM
Okay I've re-evaluated that the adamantium shield cannot be charged, nor the leather strap. Still, Captain America's adamantium shield will almost always be deflected by Gambit's adamantium staff. Not to mention Gambit has about 51 more projectiles than Cap (plus all the raw materials around), and he's bound to hit him. Gambit's no Bullseye but he's still a master at this stuff. Also, Gambit can just cut the leather strap with a biokinetically charged card, which would make it harder for Captain America to use it as a shield cause his hands can get tagged. Its just going to be a large projectile war, and since Gambit has a lot more, he's going to win. Gambit would never let Cap get close enough for a knockout and vice versa on Cap's clothing being kinetically charged to explode. see the thing is that gambit cant cut the strap and that he cant hit cap, he doesnt throw fast enough and he will be busy dodging lazers and shit, cap is trained for this he isnt, the man trains with LIVE rounds....every single effin day
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=avengersv3005065ur.jpg

MrHeavySilence
see the thing is that gambit cant cut the strap and that he cant hit cap, he doesnt throw fast enough and he will be busy dodging lazers and shit, cap is trained for this he isnt, the man trains with LIVE rounds....every single effin day
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?
image=avengersv3005065ur.jpg

Gambit uses his charged weapons more accurately than almost anybody using guns in the Marvelverse. He doesn't throw fast enough? His card-charging is a lot faster than Captain America's ability to throw his shield, have it revolve back, and throw it again. What lasers? P.S. both Gambit and Captain America can dodge bullets.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/268/xmen20unlimited2020003102qt.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6285/xmen20unlimited2020003094se.jpg

"The man trains with LIVE rounds..every single effin day"

Big effin deal. Every superhero does it. Comparing Gambit to bullets is comparing Bullseye to a street thug.

The_Olympian
no it isn't...

MrHeavySilence
no it isn't...

Yeah it is. You severely underestimate Gambit's marksmanship.

The_Olympian
well you say "Comparing bullets" and not Comparing who SHOOTS the bullets. There are charicters who are GREAT marksmen with bullets. And even some of THEM can't hit Cap. I think you're underestimating Caps agility as far as Dodging great marksmen goes.

King KAM
well you say "Comparing bullets" and not Comparing who SHOOTS the bullets. There are charicters who are GREAT marksmen with bullets. And even some of THEM can't hit Cap. I think you're underestimating Caps agility as far as Dodging great marksmen goes. and gambit didnt dodge any bullets again, he simply ran from them.......this shows nothing...

The_Olympian
Chicka BAM!

King KAM
Chicka BAM! the funny thing is.... that gambit's "feats" is shit that cap does literally every issue.

The_Olympian
yeah, they're not even Feats for Cap... just mundane ritualistic activity he goes through during the course of the day. Cap ROCKS!!

The_Olympian
Except he didn't rock when he tried to take Marlo away..... arsehole!

King KAM
Except he didn't rock when he tried to take Marlo away..... arsehole! marlo?

The_Olympian
Rick... uhhh or My... Girlfriend/Wife... well... now Ex Wife.. but not at the time.... uhh.... yeah.... Back To Cap Vs. Remy. Cap OWNS him!

King KAM
Rick... uhhh or My... Girlfriend/Wife... well... now Ex Wife.. but not at the time.... uhh.... yeah.... Back To Cap Vs. Remy. Cap OWNS him! Cap=TeH MaNz!

StyleTime
leather is organic, gambit cant heat it, and also, if cap throws the shield with malicious intent, game isnt going to catch it, if he tries it will decapitate him
so gambit can have aim with the cards, trip wires dont dodge.....Cap does, and Very well, considering he dodges literally about 50bullets a day, and either way he doesnt have to dodge them just block, but he wont block them, he'll let gambit throw his cards, and he will throw his shield, while gambit is busy trying to aim. and either way gambit is the one here who is gonna have to problem dodgeing the defense system, CAP is WAY more agile, for you to even open your mouth to speak on his agility compared to gambits is like comparing DD to Spiderman-cap being spiderman.
Actually Gambit has charged a tree branch before. The organic thing really only seems to apply to huma flesh. Hell, he's even charged zombies before so really it's just living, human flesh.

You say it like Gambit doesn't block bullets.
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2766/1097309694ff995e1015oq.th.jpg
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9697/1097309663e2b68782d9uc.th.jpg
You also seem to forget. Captain has his sheild....that's it. If he throws it, he will be vunerable. While could dodge the X-Mansion defenses for a bit, he won't be dodging that and the several explosions going off from Gambit.

And those scans from weren't to show Gambit's speed. You commented on his agility. I merely showed you were wrong.

Psyquis52
Captain is wearing a sort of chain mail mix which allows him to take damage of the super human variety. Oh and Gambit really can't win this. Look at the polls. There isn't much competition here.

StyleTime
Captain is wearing a sort of chain mail mix which allows him to take damage of the super human variety. Oh and Gambit really can't win this. Look at the polls. There isn't much competition here.
Since when did polls determine who wins? The polls use to say Wolverine could beat Cyclops. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Psyquis52
Originally posted by StyleTime
Since when did polls determine who wins? The polls use to say Wolverine could beat Cyclops. roll eyes (sarcastic)

True. Screw the polls. Not my point anyway. My point was that it's fairly obvious that they are held on entirely different levels.
If you look at Marvel's old score system for attributes that they used on cards then I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Marvel has always given Gambit a 4 in agility and a 5 in fighting ability.
Captain America has a 5 in agility and a 7 in fighting ability. Ergo moot topic.

The_Olympian
I loved those cards!

StyleTime
True. Screw the polls. Not my point anyway. My point was that it's fairly obvious that they are held on entirely different levels.
If you look at Marvel's old score system for attributes that they used on cards then I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Marvel has always given Gambit a 4 in agility and a 5 in fighting ability.
Captain America has a 5 in agility and a 7 in fighting ability. Ergo moot topic.
Marvel frequently gives BS stats. Gambit was given lower agility than Wolverine despite consitently showing better agility feats. He was also given a 2 in fighting ability before despite being able to hang with Daredevil and Wolverine up close. I know you're one of our newer people(no offence) so I'll explain. We don't really use Marvel ratings/stats on this board.

Psyquis52
I loved those cards!

I own over 30,000 of them and my brother and I run through them monthly to double check everything.
Marvel has a tendency to forget everyone's abilities but some people they're very clear about (i.e. Gambit, Captain America)

The_Olympian
once again... Gambit would tire faster than Rogers... rogers could dodge bullets/lazers/explosions/buzz saws/demons/knives/other stuff all day long and it would take a LONG time to break a sweat...... I think, like a full day! Gambit would use up his energy in less than 12 hours of constantly dodging.

The_Olympian
That's AWESOME! I used to have Marvel series 2 and 3.. I lost them when I was a kid. I STILL have Marvel 1990 cards... but that's it erm

oh... Marvel X-Men Fleer was stolen from me too sad

Psyquis52
Marvel frequently gives BS stats. Gambit was given lower agility than Wolverine despite consitently showing better agility feats. He was also given a 2 in fighting ability before despite being able to hang with Daredevil and Wolverine up close. I know you're one of our newer people so I'll explain. We don't really use Marvel ratings/stats on this board.

I knew you'd say that.
Doggoneit. And I really like those cards.

Psyquis52
That's AWESOME! I used to have Marvel series 2 and 3.. I lost them when I was a kid. I STILL have Marvel 1990 cards... but that's it erm

oh... Marvel X-Men Fleer was stolen from me too sad

That sucks man. They're so hard to find too.

The_Olympian
I know man... that's why Thieves are in my top Ten most hated people... maybe THAT'S why I don't like gambit miffed

Psyquis52
I know man... that's why Thieves are in my top Ten most hated people... maybe THAT'S why I don't like gambit miffed
I don't like Gambit because his followers have a little too much faith in his abilities. These are abilities that don't hold much merit seeing how he hasn't much to fall back on in his resume.

The_Olympian
no kidding! and to think he's suppossed to be able to beat Apocalypse!

Psyquis52
no kidding! and to think he's suppossed to be able to beat Apocalypse! laughing

StyleTime
no kidding! and to think he's suppossed to be able to beat Apocalypse!
*Sigh* That is a fully powered Gambit. Not the one in this battle.
I don't like Gambit because his followers have a little too much faith in his abilities. These are abilities that don't hold much merit seeing how he hasn't much to fall back on in his resume.
Strangely enough, that is what gets me a little against Captain America, Wolverine, Deathstroke,Superman, Spiderman, Thanos, Batman etc. People have too much faith in their abilities. Gambit, if anything, is underrated. Not overrated.

The_Olympian
what's a fully powered gambit? a gambit that can do what? Charge more?

The_Olympian
make bigger explosions?

The_Olympian
use mind powers?

The_Olympian
I just don't get it!

Psyquis52
Actually I think Gambit does have some low level mind powers.
I believe Marvel explained that one of his mutant powers was also the ability to gain trust. Which makes about as much sense as Longshot's fabled luck and Dominoe's similar ability that you never see much from.

The_Olympian
that's all bull crap plot device twists... how annoying!

Look, kids! He has the ability to make a writer seem crappy!

Psyquis52
that's all bull crap plot device twists... how annoying!

Look, kids! He has the ability to make a writer seem crappy! laughing

Psyquis52
Is someone going to talk about how Gambit beat the crap out of Sabertooth because that was total bull#$%!

I notice that we aren't comparing enemies. Why is that?

Oh and I don't know why we think Captain wouldn't be able to dodge all this, I mean, he did survive WWII didn't he?

The_Olympian
Hahaha... it seems like we're fighting with nobody now!

Psyquis52
Hahaha... it seems like we're fighting with nobody now!

Good. I'm sick of doing this. I'm not coming back to this thread.

Thunderstrike
Cap throws his shield and breaks Gambit's neck like a twig, or collapses his adam's apple, making applesauce. Cap wins this.

The_Olympian
It's an early sunday morning and Cap is out for a morning stroll. He walks by a mansion and hears blasting! He enters the building and smells some kind of roasted meat.

He looks around and hails of blasts scream toward him. He dodges them easily to their source. He destroys most of the turrets and notices a burning pile of death on the ground.

"Gambit, is that you?"

"auuuuuuuuuuugh" says gambit.

Gambit takes action immediately! He springs forward and lifts gambit over his shoulder! carrying him and STILL dodging the bullets hailed at him.

He takes him to the hospital and waits until Gambit is Fully recovered (Twelve Weeks).

After that, he walks in to the xmansion and says "Your time has come Gambit" He THROWS HIS SHIELD AND GAMBIT IS DECAPITATED BEFORE HE COULD THINK TO EXTRACT HIS CARDS FROM THEIR BOX

I HATE YOU GAMBIT!

MrHeavySilence
well you say "Comparing bullets" and not Comparing who SHOOTS the bullets.

You know what I meant.

There are charicters who are GREAT marksmen with bullets. And even some of THEM can't hit Cap. I think you're underestimating Caps agility as far as Dodging great marksmen goes.

As far as probability goes, Gambit has this won. He's got more projectiles (51 + everything around him), can kinetically charge if Captain tries to make this a close-range fight (which means Cap gotta stay away), and an adamantium staff to bat away the shield. Cap could win, but Gambit has the bigger chance. Cap has more speed but if he's going for a missile kick or something, all Gambit has to do is use all his speed to put his own on Cap's leg and explode it. So really, Gambit is the one thats mostly going to be on the offensive, which makes me think he'll win.

willRules
what's a fully powered gambit? a gambit that can do what? Charge more?

Charge objects around him without even touching them, shown in the New Son storyline...............

marvelprince
As far as probability goes, Gambit has this won. He's got more projectiles (51 + everything around him), can kinetically charge if Captain tries to make this a close-range fight (which means Cap gotta stay away), and an adamantium staff to bat away the shield. Cap could win, but Gambit has the bigger chance. Cap has more speed but if he's going for a missile kick or something, all Gambit has to do is use all his speed to put his own on Cap's leg and explode it. So really, Gambit is the one thats mostly going to be on the offensive, which makes me think he'll win.

I doubt Gambit's number projectiles will help him win this fight. Cap's shield will absorb all of his explosions. How does Cap lose in close range combat though? Everyone here thinks Cap is some sort of idiot, he's a tactical genius. He's not gonna just throw his shield. He's gonna keep it to use it to protect himself, then he's gonna move in close and use his shield to attack. Gambit will be using his staff, but he'll have to use both hands so charging is out. So then it comes down to who'll win in a fight between Gambit and his staff vs Cap and his shield. Besides Cap being able to utilize his other hand, due to convenient leather straps, Cap's durabilty will be the deciding factor here.

Tallis
WHOA I just noticed something. If you click View Results for the poll, and then look up after it gives you the results, the topic changes to Gandalf vs. saruman

willRules
Originally posted by Tallis
WHOA I just noticed something. If you click View Results for the poll, and then look up after it gives you the results, the topic changes to Gandalf vs. saruman

Mine doesn't confused

Mr. Valentine
mine does, hes telling the truth lol

B dot Rob
Wow @ someone trying to insult New Sun who IIRC took down Dark Phoenix pretty easily. IMO Gambit should take this 6/10 with no PIS or CIS. Too much stuff around him and if Cap gets in close Gambit should be able to own him (thanks to suit charging). Oh and I always thought Gambit was a fan favorite @_@?

Deadpool14
Gambit charges his adamantium staff, sticks Cap, blows him from the inside.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Deadpool14
Gambit charges his adamantium staff, sticks Cap, blows him from the inside.

Your assuming that Gambit will be able to hit Cap with his staff. Cap has his shield remember which covers way more surface area than Gambits staff. ie. Its much easier for Cap to blow Gambit's staff than it is for him to get hit. Add that to the fact that Cap is faster and has better reflexes Gambit definitely isn't getting Cap

marvelprince
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Wow @ someone trying to insult New Sun who IIRC took down Dark Phoenix pretty easily. IMO Gambit should take this 6/10 with no PIS or CIS. Too much stuff around him and if Cap gets in close Gambit should be able to own him (thanks to suit charging). Oh and I always thought Gambit was a fan favorite @_@?

Why does everyone assume that Gambit can easily charge the suit. Cap has his shield, is faster and has better reflexes than Gambit. If anything its more likely that Cap takes off Gambit's head in close range combat.

B dot Rob
Cap isn't that much faster then Gambit to be unhittable and all he has to do is TOUCH him and it's over.

And I'd say they have equal reflexes if anything.

marvelprince
Its not that Gambit can't hit him, but with the shield its not gonna be easy. Besides with that logic I'd argue that Cap can get more hits on Gambit than vice versa (because of the scope of his shield) and all it would really take is one well placed shield slash.

And I know Gambit's speed and agility are greater than normal but Cap has shown mad reflexes, nothing I've seen from Gambit indicates to me that his reflexes are superior to Cap

B dot Rob
Gambit doesn't need to hit him more or less touch him. For example if Cap were to say catch a punch boom it's over and that's assuming they are fighting close range (which is the best shot Cap has).

marvelprince
I know this I'm using the fact that Cap knows Gambit's powers he won't make physical contact. Thats why I've been played up the shield, Cap uses it both offensively and defensively and will use it to both block Gambit and attack

StyleTime
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Cap throws his shield and breaks Gambit's neck like a twig, or collapses his adam's apple, making applesauce. Cap wins this.
no
Originally posted by marvelprince
I doubt Gambit's number projectiles will help him win this fight. Cap's shield will absorb all of his explosions. How does Cap lose in close range combat though? Everyone here thinks Cap is some sort of idiot, he's a tactical genius. He's not gonna just throw his shield. He's gonna keep it to use it to protect himself, then he's gonna move in close and use his shield to attack. Gambit will be using his staff, but he'll have to use both hands so charging is out. So then it comes down to who'll win in a fight between Gambit and his staff vs Cap and his shield. Besides Cap being able to utilize his other hand, due to convenient leather straps, Cap's durabilty will be the deciding factor here.
The problem is, this isn't just Captain America vs Gambit. Captain has to keep his sheild to help against the X-Mansion defenses. The sheild also only cover a limited area. You all are acting as though Captain America's shield gives him invunerability. He can't block conitous area of effect attacks which is what Gambit will be using. Captain will be limited to defense in this battle while Gambit will be able to fight to his normal, offensive capabilities. In this battle Gambit has the advantage.
And I know Gambit's speed and agility are greater than normal but Cap has shown mad reflexes, nothing I've seen from Gambit indicates to me that his reflexes are superior to Cap
One would think it requires better reflexes to block bullets with a STAFF as opposed to a big ass SHIELD.

leonheartmm
gambit.

The_Olympian
Gambit is being attacked as well, dude...

StyleTime
Gambit is being attacked as well, dude...
Really now? I think you missed the point.

Gambit can still attack (cards/missiles) without compromising his defensive capabilities. Captain would have to loose his shield to even be able to mount any offense against Gambit. Loosing the shield means he will get hit by Gambit or the defense systems.
Originally posted by leonheartmm
gambit.
thumb up

Black Adam
Gambit should take this. barley though.

King KAM
I am going to put this thread to rest by saying anyone who actually reads comics KNOWS that cap wouldnt be hit by the cards, people here are forgetting that gambit is going to have to dodge the beams too and try to hit cap, all cap has to do is simply rush gambit, with his shield forwards and smack him. end of fight, its like juggs versus the blob., why would juggs punch him when he can simply mow him down.

marvelprince
no

The problem is, this isn't just Captain America vs Gambit. Captain has to keep his sheild to help against the X-Mansion defenses. The sheild also only cover a limited area. You all are acting as though Captain America's shield gives him invunerability. He can't block conitous area of effect attacks which is what Gambit will be using. Captain will be limited to defense in this battle while Gambit will be able to fight to his normal, offensive capabilities. In this battle Gambit has the advantage.

One would think it requires better reflexes to block bullets with a STAFF as opposed to a big ass SHIELD.

First off Gambit is also being attacked so his regular offensive capabilites will be nulled too, maybe moreso since all he has to block with is a shield.

And Cap using a shield proves nothing about their reflexes. All it proves is that Cap has a shield and Gambit has a staff. It says nothing about your abilities. I could have a shield and give someone else a staff but if we both happen to be able to block a shot does that mean the person with the staff has better reflexes? Who says I can't do the same with the staff. All thats proved in the end is that I had a shield and the other person had a staff.

Besides don't you think that since Cap has a "big ass shield" he has the advantage. He has something bigger to hide behind without having to move it around much(like a staff) whereas Gambit has to keep moving his staff to block the attacks of the X-mansion. I'd say that alone puts him at a major disadvantage

willRules
This threads doing well smile

StyleTime
I am going to put this thread to rest by saying anyone who actually reads comics KNOWS that cap wouldnt be hit by the cards, people here are forgetting that gambit is going to have to dodge the beams too and try to hit cap, all cap has to do is simply rush gambit, with his shield forwards and smack him. end of fight, its like juggs versus the blob., why would juggs punch him when he can simply mow him down.
Charging won't work. Gambit could simply throw cards at his feet....or just back up. If Captain rushes in with his shield in front, he is vunerable to x-mansion fire.
First off Gambit is also being attacked so his regular offensive capabilites will be nulled too, maybe moreso since all he has to block with is a shield.

And Cap using a shield proves nothing about their reflexes. All it proves is that Cap has a shield and Gambit has a staff. It says nothing about your abilities. I could have a shield and give someone else a staff but if we both happen to be able to block a shot does that mean the person with the staff has better reflexes? Who says I can't do the same with the staff. All thats proved in the end is that I had a shield and the other person had a staff.

Besides don't you think that since Cap has a "big ass shield" he has the advantage. He has something bigger to hide behind without having to move it around much(like a staff) whereas Gambit has to keep moving his staff to block the attacks of the X-mansion. I'd say that alone puts him at a major disadvantage
Gambits arsenal won't be nulled at all. He doesn't block with his cards now does he? He can still attack without doing anything differently on defense. Not to mention, he knows what to expect from the defenses being that he LIVES there. Captain America does not. Gambit will be able to focus on the battle more than Captain.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4784/blockingbullets3nq.th.jpg

It is very reasonable to assume that a thin pole requires a bit dexterity when blocking bullets than does a shield.

The problem is, the shield doesn't guard his entire body. If he blocks one area he is vunerable. You all also forget that Gambit's projectiles....explode.

deadpool221
Theres no Competition here Gambit would Own Captain sure hes tough and all and that shield but Gambit could just throw some rapid card at him and Cap wouldnt evewn get CLOSE to Gambit One Gambits swifter two if the cap runs at him Gambit will just throw some Cards at him to make him back off and three if he keeps doing that Captain go BOOM!!!!!

brainchild81
Gambit wins. Dodging bullets and dodging explosions are 2 very different things.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by deadpool221
Theres no Competition here Gambit would Own Captain sure hes tough and all and that shield but Gambit could just throw some rapid card at him and Cap wouldnt evewn get CLOSE to Gambit One Gambits swifter two if the cap runs at him Gambit will just throw some Cards at him to make him back off and three if he keeps doing that Captain go BOOM!!!!!
What are you? 12? Gambit lost this fight before it even started. He's a minor league player taking on a Major league hitter. He's screwed.

The_Olympian
I was going to just give up on this thread.

People seem to assume Cap can't dodge bullets...

People assume Cap Can't dodge explosions...

This is EXACTLY how the fight would go:

Immediately Cap would throw his shield... it would ricochet off every laser then hit gambit in the back of the head.. FIGHT OVER!!

Psyquis52
I was going to just give up on this thread.

People seem to assume Cap can't dodge bullets...

People assume Cap Can't dodge explosions...

This is EXACTLY how the fight would go:

Immediately Cap would throw his shield... it would ricochet off every laser then hit gambit in the back of the head.. FIGHT OVER!!

Agreed.

Quote - Gambit wins. Dodging bullets and dodging explosions are 2 very different things.

Yeah you're right. Dodging bullets is different than dodging slower, brightly colored cards that explode upon contact.

You know people. The lasers or guns are shooting at Gambit too. Despite what you might think. This is definately going to affect his accuracy.

deadpool221
Actuallly gambit isnt stupid enought to throw JUST one Card he would throw like 10 at differint places and one or two is BOUNd to hit him and then BOOM!

Psyquis52
Actuallly gambit isnt stupid enought to throw JUST one Card he would throw like 10 at differint places and one or two is BOUNd to hit him and then BOOM!

No. Ordinarily he could throw ten in entirely different places but now he is dodging fire from multiple turrets and trying to avoid getting in close range with Captain. I give him enough concentration to throw three at best, and frankly I don't think he would be stupid enough to try to push the envelope there. Despite his cockiness he's actually very concentrated in a fight and is probably trying just as hard as Cap to dodge everything.

You see dodging and blocking comes as second nature to Cap. He was in WWII for crying out loud. Gambit has been in the X-men and his best dodging experiences have been there.

The_Olympian
This is ridiculous. No matter how many cards gambit throws, Cap will either Evade or block with his shield! It's so stupid that we're even debating this still.

Gambit is Nothing compared to captain america.

And even IF Gambit continues to somehow evade X-mansion security, 52 cards and he's out. if he continues to blindly throw cards, they will be out faster than he can say "moni mi" and cap will bum rush him.

Stop argueing, admit defeat.

deadpool221
Gambits a thief thief=Exelent agillity wich means he would dodge the bullets and The Cap and wait for a break in defens and shoot him WHILE dodging the bullets

The_Olympian
Gambits a thief thief=Exelent agillity wich means he would dodge the bullets and The Cap and wait for a break in defens and shoot him WHILE dodging the bullets

Captain america is a super soldier. Super Soldier= better than a cajun jack off.

Psyquis52

A thief? Really? Wow! I didn't know that. He must be super cool then.

I've never refuted the fact that he's got agility. He does not have better agility than Captain but I'm not going to say who has better agility here. There appears to be a major disaggreament on the issue. No point in tapping into that. Thieves are sneaky, crafty, and ingenuitive. Definately, but Cap's a super soldier. He's been a spy in war-time situations. So Cap's sneaky, tactful, and more resilient than Gambit will be for a long time. He's more experienced than Gambit and smarter.

Don't argue that. A guy doesn't end up being leader of the Avengers due to his incredible skills at weaving baskets. I've read a lot of Gambit's stuff. He's not dumb, he's just not as smart.

The_Olympian
Let me ask you this, deadpool.

If Gambit were in WWII, do you really think that he would survive? EVER?? No, he wouldn't! He'd Buckle under the god damn pressure.

Gambit DOES NOT have what it takes to fight in ANY war Situation with anyone that's MORE than human...

Captain America is an Idol and would PROBABLY make Gambit Pee in his pants before handing him his own ***... Period.

deadpool221
Ok your right Gambit would get his ass wooped i just put up a ight cause i like gambit bett

StyleTime
Originally posted by brainchild81
Gambit wins. Dodging bullets and dodging explosions are 2 very different things.
Exactly. Captain's shield doesn't make him invincible.
Agreed.

Quote - Gambit wins. Dodging bullets and dodging explosions are 2 very different things.

Yeah you're right. Dodging bullets is different than dodging slower, brightly colored cards that explode upon contact.

You know people. The lasers or guns are shooting at Gambit too. Despite what you might think. This is definately going to affect his accuracy.
Sigh. What don't you get about "area of effect". Gambit doesn't just throw little puffs of smoke you know.
Now Captain's shield can ricochet off of lasers? I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I am starting to wonder about you.
Stop argueing, admit defeat.
You haven't presented an argument. You and Psyquis52 have just been shouting "Gambit sucks and Captain America doesn't". I have already shown Gambit was capable of doing what I said pages ago.

If anyone should, concede it's you.
Ok your right Gambit would get his ass wooped i just put up a ight cause i like gambit bett
Strengthen your resolve my friend. Don't be fooled by their persistence. There really isn't an argument there.

The_Olympian
I meant the Laser Guns, not the Lasers. Captain America is a master tactician. He's his shield and it's ricoched off walls, machines, people and yes.. Guns. why would laser guns be any different?

Psyquis52

Sigh. What don't you get about "area of effect". Gambit doesn't just throw little puffs of smoke you know.
What don't you get about "war time situation". The guy grenades and took bombshells to the shield and you think the cards are going to change his reflexes any? You're right they will. They're a lot easier to see coming now.

The_Olympian
Captain America Went up against the Stranger. Spider Man watched this and was astonished at the stuff captain america was doing.

Do I presume Gambit can beat spiderman as well? Does he have more agility?

Marvel Boy
gambit will throw cards like he does in the games until captain america's blown up. he can't dodge for ever

The_Olympian
and gambits cards don't replenish themselves

Psyquis52
He can! Captain America is ultimate! He can kill Living Tribunal! He has slept with everyone's mothers! He knows the secrets you keep hidding deep inside! He laughs at your weak physique! He makes fun of your taste in shoes! HE IS EVERYTHING!

Sorry. What were we talking about again. Oh yeah. Cap wins.
This bores me. I'm turning to other forums.

Marvel Boy
and gambits cards don't replenish themselves

He'd have a couple packs with him which will be enough

The_Olympian
okay, you win... Cap gets his ass owned..

StyleTime
What don't you get about "war time situation". The guy grenades and took bombshells to the shield and you think the cards are going to change his reflexes any? You're right they will. They're a lot easier to see coming now.
For one, you know(benefit of the doubt here again), Gambit throws faster than any human exluding people like Bullseye. He has covered fifty feet with 3 cards and hit a 1/2 MILLIMETER target AND a person faster than thought. His cards will be flying far faster than any grenade Captain encountered. Let's also not forget that WWII was nearly 70 years ago.... Gambit also produces larger explosion than grenades if he wants to.
I meant the Laser Guns, not the Lasers. Captain America is a master tactician. He's his shield and it's ricoched off walls, machines, people and yes.. Guns. why would laser guns be any different?
Ok. You said lasers so I thought you meant lasers. Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, his shield can bounce, but how is making it's travel path LONGER going to increase its chances of hitting Gambit.
Captain America Went up against the Stranger. Spider Man watched this and was astonished at the stuff captain america was doing.

Do I presume Gambit can beat spiderman as well? Does he have more agility?
Spiderman really shouldn't be ashtonished at anything Captain does but make plans. That is what we call PIS my friend. It's stickied in the forum rules if you haven't read it.

Gambit has actually tangled with Spiderman before. He didn't do too bad all things considered.

Oh and alot of you are assuming Gambit carries only one deck of cards. It's never been stated how many he carries so don't realy know. What we DO know is that Gambit has never run our of ammo before. Why should he now?

deadpool221
AH HA WE WIN WELL GAMBIT DOES WICH MEANS WE DO!!!!! HURAHHH!

The_Olympian
no... he doesn't... I was being sarcastic. But I'm done with this fight, it's getting old. So if that means you win.. then congradulations on your phallic victory, may your pride eat you at the core.

Psyquis52
no... he doesn't... I was being sarcastic. But I'm done with this fight, it's getting old. So if that means you win.. then congradulations on your phallic victory, may your pride eat you at the core.

eek! laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing

King KAM
For one, you know(benefit of the doubt here again), Gambit throws faster than any human exluding people like Bullseye. He has covered fifty feet with 3 cards and hit a 1/2 MILLIMETER target AND a person faster than thought. His cards will be flying far faster than any grenade Captain encountered. Let's also not forget that WWII was nearly 70 years ago.... Gambit also produces larger explosion than grenades if he wants to.

Ok. You said lasers so I thought you meant lasers. Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, his shield can bounce, but how is making it's travel path LONGER going to increase its chances of hitting Gambit.

Spiderman really shouldn't be ashtonished at anything Captain does but make plans. That is what we call PIS my friend. It's stickied in the forum rules if you haven't read it.

Gambit has actually tangled with Spiderman before. He didn't do too bad all things considered.

Oh and alot of you are assuming Gambit carries only one deck of cards. It's never been stated how many he carries so don't realy know. What we DO know is that Gambit has never run our of ammo before. Why should he now? it says that gambit has skill thorwing these things but nothing about his speed, you keep talking about his aim but yet, these targets were not moving, nor were they blocking, and since captain america has given proof that he can dodge and or block every single carg gambit throws, than this battle is coming down to how long gambit can run away, and i dont think he can forever....

Psyquis52
Go get them King Kam!

deadpool221
No YOU are an idiot my friend you see I was being reverse sarcastic you retarded Monkey Raper

King KAM
Go get them King Kam! its what i do kid....its what i do

Psyquis52
mad Call me a kid! I'll rip your $#@!$%$ heart out you son a !#@$! I can't believe the @#@!# @#@!#%$% _*&^&*. And Furthermore !@$^% %^^%$ 6&&@@%@%^%$@$%$#$%@45#. Son don't give me any more of your @#$% mad

King KAM
mad Call me a kid! I'll rip your $#@!$%$ heart out you son a !#@$! I can't believe the @#@!# @#@!#%$% _*&^&*. And Furthermore !@$^% %^^%$ 6&&@@%@%^%$@$%$#$%@45#. Son don't give me any more of your @#$% mad you do realize who you are talking to??? im the cap... you role on my team.....stand down soldier.

Psyquis52
you do realize who you are talking to??? im the cap... you role on my team.....stand down soldier.

sorry. Lost control there for a second.

Where are my pants?

King KAM
sorry. Lost control there for a second.

Where are my pants? *hands him his pants, and then points to the shredded tighty whities* you kinda ripped those off....we told u to stop and u bit thor's forhead...

Psyquis52
I couldn't help it. I got excited. The man eating cow told me there would be cheese and crackers.

King KAM
I couldn't help it. I got excited. The man eating cow told me there would be cheese and crackers. now that was wrong of him...i thought i told him to stop that....

Psyquis52
He won't listen...he's a cow.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>