Thanos vs Thor, GL (Kyle) & SS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Does the 3some have enough for a KO? Or to subdue/incapacitate him?

Thanos_6383
Who has prep?.Anyone?

BobbyD
No prep...random encounter.

Darth Kal-El
I think the three would defeat him, yes.

nimrod009
Yeah, I think the 3 would be slight overkill. So many different powers to overcome there. He'd put up a good fight before going down though.

Thanos_6383
Yes,I think those 3 are too much

BobbyD
Is it feasible that he could take on any 2 of the 3?

Juntai
the trio should do it, beast of a team.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by BobbyD
Is it feasible that he could take on any 2 of the 3? it'd be more even but i any two would still defeat them. One is not enough, two is just right, three is a bit overkill

golem370
Thanos has went toe to toe with people who were supposed to be over him and held his own.

Thunderstrike
I'm gonna play Devil's advocate and say that the trio loses. Surfer has been laughed off by Thanos before, and so has Thor. Though Kyle Rayner is my favorite GL, considering he's an artist with that ring, Thanos is infinitely more powerful if Kyle isn't Ion. Though these guys woudl rough up Thanos quite nicely, they would have to come up with a plan beforehand to beat him. Random encounter, it ain't gonna happen.

BobbyD
Interesting synopsis, Thunder.

Avalonofthewind
If all 3 decided to absorb Thanos power at the same time, victory would be theirs.

Crease
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
If all 3 decided to absorb Thanos power at the same time, victory would be theirs.

Never seen any Eternal have their power drained. It's my understanding they're born with the ability to use ambient cosmic energy for a variety of uses. The cosmic energy is not inherent within them. A GL's ring has power stored within it.

It's like saying "Cytorrak can absorb Dr Strange's power". Strange doesn't have inherent mystical power.

These 3 go down after a tough fight.

TheKahn
I think the question becomes are these three, fighting together, in the same level as a skyfather? Thanos has proven himself capable of holding his own against Odin and taps into a similar energy reserve as him. So while Thanos does seem to be a little behind Odin, it isn't much.

Now let's look at the team. It could be argued that the Surfer is the most powerful among them, but I think it is safe to say that with the ring and Mjolnir, Kyle and Thor are in approximately the same league as him. The problem is that Thanos has always shown himself to be able to handle the Surfer with relative ease. So does adding three more characters that are on his level really change the outcome of the fight? I tend to think not. Now if the group had some one sided prep. or other advantage then things might be different, but as it stands I give it to Thanos 6 or 7/10.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by TheKahn
I think the question becomes are these three, fighting together, in the same level as a skyfather? Thanos has proven himself capable of holding his own against Odin and taps into a similar energy reserve as him. So while Thanos does seem to be a little behind Odin, it isn't much.

Now let's look at the team. It could be argued that the Surfer is the most powerful among them, but I think it is safe to say that with the ring and Mjolnir, Kyle and Thor are in approximately the same league as him. The problem is that Thanos has always shown himself to be able to handle the Surfer with relative ease. So does adding three more characters that are on his level really change the outcome of the fight? I tend to think not. Now if the group had some one sided prep. or other advantage then things might be different, but as it stands I give it to Thanos 6 or 7/10.

Thor is the only one with the power to physically knock thanos out cold (he has done it before) but he would need help from the others to distract Thanos. If the others could distract him long enough for Thor to get out a god-blast Thanos would be burnt to a crisp. However, in an uncoordinated attack on Thanos he would beat all three as he could easily take out each one individually. Their only chance is to keep him off balance and distracted so that he cannot focus on any one of the three.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Crease
Never seen any Eternal have their power drained. It's my understanding they're born with the ability to use ambient cosmic energy for a variety of uses. The cosmic energy is not inherent within them. A GL's ring has power stored within it.

It's like saying "Cytorrak can absorb Dr Strange's power". Strange doesn't have inherent mystical power.

Unfortunately for Thanos, Kyle alone drained him in an x-over.
Now keeping in mind that it was just an x-over, and it was just a rookie Kyle so it should be taken with a grain of salt....I'm willing to say that between these 3 together realistically, I don't see why they wouldnt be able to do it.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by TheKahn

Some people would argue to the death that Mjolnir alone is skyfather level. Added with what's been called the "Most powerful weapon in the universe" and a character who's definition is power pis and makes things up on the fly as well. It should happen.

Tshern
Avalonofthewind took the words out of my mouth. They have what it takes to knock out Thanos if they do some teamwork. Remember that they can fly for a moment just creating a strategy.

BobbyD
It is a random encounter though...don't know if that effects the outcome or some of your opinions...

Tshern
It is, but they know who to fight. Silver Surfer could link them telepathically and they could plan while fighting and so forth.

spideycarnage
Khan and thunderstrike is right.. its pretty safe to say that surfer is greater than or equal to Kyle, with thor closley behined surfer as well. Thanos has beaten surfer 100's of times with ease. Pretty much in-stead of one pimp slap thanos would probally need 3 in this fight.
i can't see thanos fallin to anyone of these characters physically, except to maybe thor, with a god force blast or something like that, but thanos is too smart, he'll avoid that.

Thunderstrike
Now keeping in mind that it was just an x-over, and it was just a rookie Kyle so it should be taken with a grain of salt....I'm willing to say that between these 3 together realistically, I don't see why they wouldnt be able to do it.

Avalon, I must say I do enjoy having these friendly debates with you. Though the crossovers have had some awesome feats for a lot of people, such as Thanos stalemating Parallax, and Thor holding his own against the TRUE Darkseid, there's a reason we don't bring them into these debates, and that's because sometimes there are events that are ignored in them. Do I think that Kyle as a GL (before Ion) could suck Thanos dry? Nope. I do think that this trio, however, could stand up to Thanos, and give him one hell of a fight. They're going to take this at least 3 times, but the fact that Thanos has gotten bored fighting Thor, and wasn't impressed by the Surfer opening a black hole with his own power, then I'm sure that he can stand up to all three of these folks and defeat them more times than not.

Crease

Do you remember the name of the crossover? I might pick it up.

TheKahn
Some people would argue to the death that Mjolnir alone is skyfather level. Added with what's been called the "Most powerful weapon in the universe" and a character who's definition is power pis and makes things up on the fly as well. It should happen.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that they lack the ability to beat Thanos. You are absolutely right that the team has some serious fire power (GL ring + Mjolnir + power cosmic). However, given the durability feats Thanos has to his credit, I think it would take a highly coordinated attack from all three for them to have a chance to win. And as we have a random battle with no prep, I just not sure the three could hold him off and make such a plan on the fly.

I mean they would have to do better than this to put Thanos down:
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=odin108cb.jpg
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512662
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=odin122fb.jpg

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Avalon, I must say I do enjoy having these friendly debates with you. Though the crossovers have had some awesome feats for a lot of people, such as Thanos stalemating Parallax, and Thor holding his own against the TRUE Darkseid, there's a reason we don't bring them into these debates, and that's because sometimes there are events that are ignored in them. Do I think that Kyle as a GL (before Ion) could suck Thanos dry? Nope. I do think that this trio, however, could stand up to Thanos, and give him one hell of a fight. They're going to take this at least 3 times, but the fact that Thanos has gotten bored fighting Thor, and wasn't impressed by the Surfer opening a black hole with his own power, then I'm sure that he can stand up to all three of these folks and defeat them more times than not.

Friendly debates is how you learn. I know I've learned quite a bit from them. These 3 should be able to beat him most of the time if there isn't any prep involved. Their power pooled has great versatility. Can you imagine a godblast powered up by oan and cosmic energy? wink

Crease
Props to The Mad Titan for putting skyfathers on the map.

BobbyD
Avalonofthewind

Friendly debates is how you learn. I know I've learned quite a bit from them. These 3 should be able to beat him most of the time if there isn't any prep involved. Their power pooled has great versatility. Can you imagine a godblast powered up by oan and cosmic energy?

Godblast hurts enough, let alone powered by Oan and Cosmic aid. I think we might actually hear Thanos say: "ouch". erm

Milkie
Silver Sable dies

Crease

Did a little research, I did. Kyle drained Thanos of Oan energy Thanos had tricked him into giving up. So, my original statement stands:

"Never seen any Eternal have their power drained. It's my understanding they're born with the ability to use ambient cosmic energy for a variety of uses. The cosmic energy is not inherent within them. A GL's ring has power stored within it.

These 3 go down after a tough fight."

dvampire
The team takes it.

bherrle
"Unfortunately for Thanos, Kyle alone drained him in an x-over.
Now keeping in mind that it was just an x-over, and it was just a rookie Kyle so it should be taken with a grain of salt....I'm willing to say that between these 3 together realistically, I don't see why they wouldnt be able to do it."

When did this happen? I never knew about this.

GODSCRIBE
In recent encounters Thor and Surfer have been shown to have little effect on Thanos whatsoever. Actually Surfer hasn't even scratched Thanos, and is a non-factor like his battle with Thanos against Odin. So it's really Thor (who Thanos has mandhandled with Mjolnir, Belt of Strength, Power Gem while on Warrior Madness lol). Thanos would break GL's constructs so easily. You better add Superman or someone to atleast give them a chance, because I can't possibly how they stand a chance here.

Thanos 10/10

Wally West
Thanos wins.

I consider Surfer to be the most powerful of this trio and we know Thanos can easily handle him, the three together justs delays the inevitable.

Juntai
Showing what they're CAPABLE of doing, any of these guys solo could give Thanos trouble in a good showing. Kyle, Surfer, and Thor bringing EVERYTHING to the table....eg, not running in like it's a fistfight, but a a bloodlusted "END IT NOW!!!!!!!" scenario... should bring Thanos down.

Juntai
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos wins.

I consider Surfer to be the most powerful of this trio and we know Thanos can easily handle him, the three together justs delays the inevitable. On that same note we've seen Thor drop Thanos by swinging his hammer as well.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos wins.

I consider Surfer to be the most powerful of this trio and we know Thanos can easily handle him, the three together justs delays the inevitable.

agreed.

Crease
Originally posted by Juntai
On that same note we've seen Thor drop Thanos by swinging his hammer as well.

More recently, Thanos has dismissed Mjolnir with a simple wave of the hand.

Wally West
Originally posted by Juntai
On that same note we've seen Thor drop Thanos by swinging his hammer as well. You mean Infinity Gauntlet? Its not like Thanos was defeated, he was ever so briefly overwhielmed by Mjolnir for like 2 or 3 panels after Thor made a surprise return to the battlefield, thats it.

Soleran
Something to consider as well if its just a random encounter Thanos is going to have his tech as well! Also Thanos has blasted out of some of Quasars strongest Constructs before!

Thanos because this is random would have his Tech as well and that my friends means his mobilty isn't limited at all...........................Thanos wins.

superman41082

I agree with crease for most of these reasons.

Surfer is just does not have the mentality to come upon a random fight like this, and being, in my opinion, almost equal to Thanos in power, he'd take him out first maybe easily, considering Surfer's mood at that point. Surfer won't be able to absorb his energy, and unless the fight went on long, we all know how timid he is about halling off and wrecking someone.

Thoug I love Thor, Sadly, the Tyrant is too much for him, and may be able to use Thor's braggat attitude against him, and a GL is just no match. I'd give it to Thanos 6.5/10 just because he's too smart.......

Avalonofthewind
Did a little research, I did. Kyle drained Thanos of Oan energy Thanos had tricked him into giving up. So, my original statement stands:

"Never seen any Eternal have their power drained. It's my understanding they're born with the ability to use ambient cosmic energy for a variety of uses. The cosmic energy is not inherent within them. A GL's ring has power stored within it.

These 3 go down after a tough fight."

Actually, Kyle drained him of everything. Had it just been just the Oan energy, Thanos would have still been in good condition to fight...as it was...he was helplessly drifting in space sucked back towards the Marvel U.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Soleran
Something to consider as well if its just a random encounter Thanos is going to have his tech as well! Also Thanos has blasted out of some of Quasars strongest Constructs before!

Thanos because this is random would have his Tech as well and that my friends means his mobilty isn't limited at all...........................Thanos wins.

right you are smile

Milkie
http://www.enigmamediagroup.com/Production_Images/thanos%5B1%5D.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.