Yoda was an idiot in the PT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
Really.

The whole "Mourn them do not, miss them do not" speech was rather nonsense.

Battle of Kashyyyk? Horrible! Why meet the enemy on the shore when you have thos big ass trees behind you?

And pretty much anything he does/says in TPM sucked.

What happened to good old OT Yoder?

DePWNZOR
PT Yoda rockz cause he actually fights. I thought his little speeches were kind of cool actually

Tangible God
In the OT he was a semi-senile muppet with the wisdom of a millenium old master.

In the PT he was a dancing Kermit look-alike who flipped back and forth from muppet to CGI, and spouted words that contradicted Anakin's views hence helping in his fall.

OT Yoda kicked PT Yoda's ass, movie-wise.

aj_vader
Yoda isnt all the wise guy we thought he was, he was teaching the jedi the wrong way and it was Qui-Gon who knew more about the force, but then again Qui-Gon Lost to Darth Maul in TPM, but that might have been on purpose, he thought oh ill sack it all in now, ive had enough of all this coruption and crap thats happening

NoFate007
Obi-Wan proves once again to be the best. Overall best fighter, overall most wise, overall kindest, overall smartest. All hail Kenobi the God lol.

Yoda in the PT was better than in the OT in my opinion but he definitely screwed up big time in his teachings.

Revolver Ocelot
OT Kenobi > OT Yoda > PT Kenobi >>>> PT Yoda

Tangible God
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
OT Kenobi > OT Yoda > PT Kenobi >>>> PT Yoda Fla shnizzle.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
OT Kenobi > OT Yoda > PT Kenobi >>>> PT Yoda

More Like Yoda any form>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OT Kenobi and PT Kenobi

Sith Master X
I liked PT Yoda much better. He had more facial expression and didn't look as stiff. OT Yoda is still really good though, hell, they both are. But there's nothing wrong with the PT Yoda. Digital technology is on the rise in the film industry. Might as well do yourselves a favor and get used to it.

Revolver Ocelot
Nothing's wrong with his computer animation, but he was an idiot in the PT.

Alliance

Eleonora
The OT puppet was tooo cute!!!! I'm really in love with that puppet. Still, there was nothing wrong with the new one animation-wise, but I agree that George disgraced him with his conduct. I actually thought the "mourn them not" speech was one of the best speeches in the PT, it reminds me of certain great philosophers I know so well, but the whole idea of making him fight with a lightsaber, even though I was one of the first one to jump off my seat in the cinema when the Yoda-Dooku duel started, just doesn't seem right to me anymore, just like I don't think it was right for Sidious. I always thought of these characters (especially Yoda) as so powerful that they wouldn't need to use a lightsaber. Yoda was even more important to me because that scene where he tells Luke he doesn't need his weapons in TESB is fundamental, it symbolises the superiority of self-consciousness, reason and spirituality over violence and therefore the use of weapons. Lightsaber-fighting Yoda kind of ruined that for me.

Alliance
Yoda and Sidious are jedi, one of the easiest/fastest ways to solve problems are throguh hand to hand combat.

I always like to think that Yoda evolved, saw the error in the old jedi ways, and passed a revised version on to Luke. It makes his character much more dynamic.

Sesse
Kashyyk battle was an allegorial reference to the Operation Overlord. In this case, the evil naz... ehm. Republic was able to hold back the landfall.

pr1983
Originally posted by aj_vader
Yoda isnt all the wise guy we thought he was, he was teaching the jedi the wrong way and it was Qui-Gon who knew more about the force, but then again Qui-Gon Lost to Darth Maul in TPM, but that might have been on purpose, he thought oh ill sack it all in now, ive had enough of all this coruption and crap thats happening

how was it wrong? it had worked for millennia (sp?), yes anakin failed but he wasn't devoted to being a jedi, he wanted to have his cake and eat it...

Alliance
Umm...THe jedi becomming an organization so saturated with power and overconfidence that they cant even see whats going on around them. THEY WENT TO WAR! How can you have teachings if you dont follow them...

AND WHO MADE THES LINES OF TEXT SO LONG! 2guns

pr1983
Originally posted by Alliance
Umm...THe jedi becomming an organization so saturated with power and overconfidence that they cant even see whats going on around them. THEY WENT TO WAR! How can you have teachings if you dont follow them...

AND WHO MADE THES LINES OF TEXT SO LONG! 2guns

most jedi did, yes they were overconfident in their abilities, but i don't believe the council set that trend...

i don't believe that yoda was responsible for ani turning for one second...

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Eleonora
The OT puppet was tooo cute!!!! I'm really in love with that puppet. Still, there was nothing wrong with the new one animation-wise, but I agree that George disgraced him with his conduct. I actually thought the "mourn them not" speech was one of the best speeches in the PT, it reminds me of certain great philosophers I know so well, but the whole idea of making him fight with a lightsaber, even though I was one of the first one to jump off my seat in the cinema when the Yoda-Dooku duel started, just doesn't seem right to me anymore, just like I don't think it was right for Sidious. I always thought of these characters (especially Yoda) as so powerful that they wouldn't need to use a lightsaber. Yoda was even more important to me because that scene where he tells Luke he doesn't need his weapons in TESB is fundamental, it symbolises the superiority of self-consciousness, reason and spirituality over violence and therefore the use of weapons. Lightsaber-fighting Yoda kind of ruined that for me.

I agree, I've said similar things before.

Jedi Priestess
slam

Oh and Hokage Yoda, you ought to be shot for screwing up the page with that stupid arrow. mad

Blaxican_Hydra
Originally posted by pr1983
most jedi did, yes they were overconfident in their abilities, but i don't believe the council set that trend...

i don't believe that yoda was responsible for ani turning for one second...

They even said it in Aotc. Obi-wan walked up to Mace and Yoda and told them he was worried abot Anakin's ego, then Yoda and mace told him that unfortuanantly the massive ego thing was gettiing quite common in the younger Jedi generations.

Alliance
"even in the more experienced ones" like YODA...he was too shure of
himself when he wen to fight Sidious. Look at his comments.

Yoda was responsible for turning Anakin by his inaction. He was the lead figure on the council and show have been more proactive. When Anakin came to him with trouble, Yoda should have sensed the problem and fixed it instead of responding with dogmatic nonsense that left Anakin confused.

Yoda pretty much said "Oh...just do this.... Its so easy...I have no problem doing it."

Yoda should have been more concerned...it wasnt that hard to tell that Anakin was unstable. You always need follow-up on therapy.

(My solution to the page problem...press ENTER)

Edit: YAY! new page!

Sesse
The stuff that went on in the Republic at that time...

The clone armies were victorious. Dooku was the only known and identified Sith Lord, and the only problem for the Jedi was a tad too long in his position remained Supreme Chancellor.

Suspicions in that time were like saying that the US of A of today could turn into a global empire any second now. Nobody believed that a Republic consisting of thousands of systems could collapse the way it did. Nobody knew it. It was the "phantom menace" come true.

Alliance
The jedi knew there was another Sith and they were "looking" for him and did a horrible job.

The Supreme chancellor was in power waaaayyy to long. The Empire was formed before it was dubbed so. I think as soon as the sperast movement gained tread, people realized the Republic could collapse, but they didn't realize that their gorvernment wasn't a Republic any more. They were too concentrated on the enemy to realize what was happening under thier noses. Same thing with yoda and the jedi.

...and Sesse, the US has been a global empire for quite a long time now...this is not a recent development.

Sesse
Yes. There was "another". But not a concrete foe. "There is someone somewhere" just isnt enough information to really do anything about it but to search and wait. If and as they were searching the same dude since Episode 1, they really should have looked a bit closer to themselves...

Yes, Us is an Empire, but its not led by a hooded old man, so there is some room for improvement. stick out tongue

RASTAFARIAN
BUT HAM IS NOT A BEVERAGE?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.