Juggernaut vs Gladiator (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soujaboy09
Ok this is not a battle

Which character do you think jobs more?

DigiMark007
Juggernaut?? Jobbing?

Juggs is the guy who shows up in your favorite character's comic, beats the hell out of them, then leaves. (paraphrased from something longpig told me months ago).

Mind you, that's classic Juggs, not current (who is decidely less badass), but I still think he hardly ever jobs. He beats who he should, and only occasionally jobs to the X-Men because he needs to.

Gladiator, on the other hand, should be a force but rarely is. And his mythical battle with Ego the Living Planet, if memory serves, isn't even canon. That said, I don't have a clue if he actually has one decent feat to his name other than trading blows with Thor a couple times.

Validus
Classic Juggernaut hardly ever jobbed. Huggernaut had an explicit power down. Gladiator wins by default.

badabing
Huggernaut. laughing laughing

soujaboy09
I say Gladiator, but Juggernaut lost fights in some of the dumbest ways.

juggernaut66666
if its classic he wins if not he loses

soujaboy09
Read the rules mister

Jarshewa
dont go biting my nuts off but can someone define cannon and jobbing.
preciate it

soujaboy09
Jobbing is basically losing in a fight that you should win, or losing to make another team of characters or character look better.

When you say not cannon it's like saying it's not valid information.

outarddwarf
classic juggernaut did job acouple times (spiderman(the cement) , hulk (where prof x just appears and takes him out), ect.)

but like digimark said, what has gladiator done really?????

badabing
Gladiator. I'm surprised he hasn't been pimped out yet.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Gladiator, on the other hand, should be a force but rarely is. And his mythical battle with Ego the Living Planet, if memory serves, isn't even canon. That said, I don't have a clue if he actually has one decent feat to his name other than trading blows with Thor a couple times. Yeah, his fights with Ego and Surfer aren't canon.

He mainly gets jobbed out when he appears in X-Men titles. Losing to Thor is definately nothing to be ashamed of (ok, losing to Masterson Thor was because the fight was written terribly), but Thor's never had an easy time with Glads.

Originally posted by outarddwarf
but like digimark said, what has gladiator done really?????
A fair bit actually. Gladiator's so notoriously known for his low showings, people don't seem to realise he has a just as many good showings.

He's beat down Binary, Hyperion, Nova, Wonder Man and the Fantastic Four. Gone toe to toe with Supreme, Thor (and beat him easily once), Rom, a Uni-Powered Invisible Woman, Black Bolt and Quasar. He had one of the better showings against Tyrant. Plus he's got some really good Durabilty, Speed and Strength showings aswell.

Check out the Gladiator Respect Thread (link in my sig). You'll see he's more than just a jobber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.