Superboy Prime VS. Captain Universe Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

The new kid on the block with a sh!t load of powers and new armor.

Or

The Silver Surfer empowered by the Uni-Force to battle him.

Debate.

Space M ummy
surfer without too much effort. Superboy still gets his powers from yellow solar radiation- surfer should have no problems draining him or at the very least, tossing him into the heart of a red sun and taking the fight to him THERE, especially with the power boost.

IIRC The uni-power amplifies speed, strength, energy projection, etc by a factor of FIFTY in the host, and the few abilities surfer doesn't have (like telekinesis) it'll add.

If Superboy is weak to ANY kind of kryptonite radiation whatsoever, Cosmic awareness would pick up on it and Surfer would simply reproduce it and bombard him with it, use matter manipulation to encase him in a massive sphere of it..etc.

In contrast, uni-powered surfer has no exploitable weaknesses, Is more intelligent, far more experienced, more versatile, probably faster, and at least as strong.

I see this version of the surfer taking the majority of these...9/10.

Soleran
SBP isn't hurt by red sun radiation! When he first appeared and was so mega powerful punching through dimensions he hadn't even been around yellow sun radiation.

This guy defies all heralds easily.

Space M ummy
SBP is indeed not *hurt* by red sun radiation, but he DOES need yellow sun radiation to fuel his powers. If he's fighting Surfer-times-50 in the heart of a red sun (where obviously no yellow solar energy is available), or simply drained of yellow solar energy he'll be too weak to do much of anything.

Also, note that SBP was substantially weaker in "paradise" and could not breach dimensional barriers on his own without the help of alexander luthor.

I agree SBP is likely too much for a standard herald, but the addition of the uni-power here puts norrin WAAAAAAAY over the top. Strength x50, energy projection and manipulation X 50, Speed x50, Cosmic awareness x50...This surfer would paste him easily.

Soleran
When SBP was in the pocket dimension he was in he had no yellow sun and he still punched people back to life and etc etc he goes beyond anything SSsad

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Soleran
When SBP was in the pocket dimension he was in he had no yellow sun and he still punched people back to life and etc etc he goes beyond anything SSsad

There was no yellow sun in the pocket universe, but both he and earth 2 superman had solar energy stored in their cells from before they went there. Superboy prime's powers, Like Kal-L and Kal-El's powers derive from yellow solar radiation. That's why the armor he constructed is circulating YELLOW SOLAR ENERGY through his body. Without it, he's powerless.

I also don't recall anyone being "punched back to life." Note also that SBP was TOO WEAK to penetrate any dimensional barriers on his own while in the paradise dimension.

Also, this is NOT the silver surfer we're debating. it's the silver surfer with the Uni Power which is COMPLETELY different.

Soleran
all the unipower will do is amp his personal powers...............its not going to give him any other powers he doesn't already have.

illadelph12
Surfer still wins. All he has to do is transmute Superboy Prime's armor into cheese, then he blasts him into nothingness.

Superboy Prime's got a couple amazing feats, but people are getting WAY ahead of themselves around here in regards to him. It's just as bad as all the V for Vendetta threads that popped up when the movie first debuted.

Hell, a smart GL should still be able to take SBP if he attacks intelligently. He's got a glaring weakness that no one's really tried to exploit as of yet.

golem370
Silver Surfer is very powerful and you add 50 times that power he would give Galactus a good battle IMO. See some of the feats Silver Surfer done I reall think He would't need CU powers http://www.geocities.com/bruno_noju...-fights-16.html or http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/type-fights-16.html

Space M ummy
all the unipower will do is amp his personal powers...............its not going to give him any other powers he doesn't already have.

Incorrect. The Unipower provides powers to NON powered mortals and even a Dog (!) all the time. In cases where those powers already exist they get amplified by a factor of 50. Those powers are typically:
superhuman strength, flight, X-ray vision, energy projection and manipulation, telekinesis, enhanced senses, and a psychic awareness of imminent danger.

The surfer already has most of these abilities to an almost godlike degree, but is NOT psychic and is not a precog. In that case the uni power would add it. In addition, the cosmic awareness the uni-power grants is far beyond what he usually has- he'd be literally "one with everything" and nigh impossible to take by surprise.

Soleran
lol you don't need to preach the uni-power to me buddy I understand. Its cool super its practically a sentient being itself, I gotcha SBP is a plot driven gassed up superman tough to beat.

Big Sexy
Can't say with Prime, he put down many top contendors but had problems with Conner.

Validus
Just to clear something up, SBP doesn't store solar energy. He isn't a battery like Superman. Phantom Lady was draining his solar suit in IC#6 which is why Conner was able to bloody him.

Space M ummy
lol you don't need to preach the uni-power to me buddy I understand. Its cool super its practically a sentient being itself, I gotcha SBP is a plot driven gassed up superman tough to beat.

The unipower by itself isn't all that impressive- Give it to a non herald like spiderman, rogue, wonderman, cap etc and SBP would win 10/10.

The surfer just has too many powers by default- there's few things he CANT do- boosting them turns him into a universal threat i.e. parallax, etc...you'd need something on the level of the spectre/lucifer/tribunal to take him out.

I'm not so sure about that- SBP is weaker in the absence of a yellow sun than he is when under it. He gained considerable power on earth after breaching the dimensional barrier, but when imprisoned on a world with only a red sun it took him YEARS to devise a way to get back. clearly there's a connection with the rise, drop, and rise in power levels and the availability of yellow solar radiation.

Validus
I doubt he'd be that powerful. The 50x amplification is an old stat that isn't even stated in the Captain Universe bio in the newest handbook. The boost varies from person to person. Even at 50x I wouldn't even say he was Odin level.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Validus
I doubt he'd be that powerful. The 50x amplification is an old stat that isn't even stated in the Captain Universe bio in the newest handbook. The boost varies from person to person. Even at 50x I wouldn't even say he was Odin level.
I don't think the level of the surfer can be properly debated. He only had it for a comic.

golem370
http://www.geocities.com/bruno_noju...-fights-16.html

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Space M ummy
There was no yellow sun in the pocket universe, but both he and earth 2 superman had solar energy stored in their cells from before they went there. Superboy prime's powers, Like Kal-L and Kal-El's powers derive from yellow solar radiation. That's why the armor he constructed is circulating YELLOW SOLAR ENERGY through his body. Without it, he's powerless.

SBP and E-2 Supes don't need yellow sunlight to have powers. They still have powers but when they come in contact with it it amps their abilities. That's why they had their powers int he pocket universe where there was no solar power.

And a side note Superman gets his power from more than YELLOW SOLAR ENERGY as you think. His power from derives from white stars also.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/SupesandEvilStar2.jpg

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Validus
Yes he would 50x is alot..............

Validus
Silver Surfer busts planets. Odin busts galaxies. No comparison.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I don't think the level of the surfer can be properly debated. He only had it for a comic.

There's definitely something to that argument- we've never seen the limits of the CU surfer, and likely never will.

The 50x stat may be old, but given the boost it's given to others its clearly substantial. even at half that, or a FIFTH the Surfer is still a beast. He goes 99% of light speed and rearranges matter and energy on an atomic level by default. Even at a 5x or a 10x boost (which is MORE than reasonable) he's STILL a beast and more than most could handle.

As for Odin, I totally agree with you. Who compared the surfer to Odin? The odinforce grants the ability to fully utilize the energies of the 9 worlds, plus incalculable wisdom. (though Odin is still MILES below celestials, galactus, etc) It's leaps and bounds above the Uni-Power.

White stars also give off radiation in the yellow frequency, so theoretically superman would indeed gain power from one. Crack a science text sometime. The same is NOT true for Red Giants.

Jabba the Hutt
Hey can I get some info and a pic of Superboy Prime?

Anyway, to me it looks like Silver Surfer kicks his ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.