Grandia 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psyquis52
Has anyone been playing Grandia 3 because I'm very interested and would like to know how it is.

I own Grandia 2 for the Dreamcast. Hence my curiousity.

CaptainStoic
Yep I own it, and I beat it. In my opinion, it's a good game, but I only bought it to try and keep my mind off of what I really want to play.

Elder Scrolls 3 Oblivion.

IcePunk
its ES4: OB not ES3: OB

SaTsuJiN
lol.. some people also call it morrowind 2 -_-;

as for grandia 3.. people seem to treat it like an average title..
but if you really like grandia.. pick it up maybe.. its kindof old by now though right?.. came out in february

CaptainStoic
Oh, sorry for the typo I meant Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. I also wouldn't say that Grandia 3 is a mind blowing game, it is good, great voice acting, and it held me from start to finish unlike Magna Carta, but the idea of being able to do what you want in an RPG, has always appealed to me, moreso than the linear concepts that have seemed to become a carbon copy standard in the gaming world.

Elder Scrolls makes you feel like your part of the world, I remember my first time playing Morrowind, and feeling like I was pulled into this mythical realm, that resembled Asgard, or Olympus... well not quite, but the concept that Bethesda brought to the table, opened up many new possibilities for die hard role playing fans like myself. I can imagine the company actually venturing into ideas such as creating games like Warhammer, or an Asgadian themed RPG, with the same concepts that have wowed people for the past 5 years. I will literally buy the 360 just to play Oblivion.

I'll keep it real with you, if I had to choose the new Final Fantasy soon to be released, or Oblivion... it would be Elder Scrolls all the way, simply because linear is nearing it's demise. Plus Square went, and fired the man who stared it all... they should be b*tch slapped for such foolishness. Imagine buying a house, only to invite someone in that later takes your wife, and kicks you out into the street.

Psyquis52
Thanks for the input everyone.
I've never gotten into nonlinear RPG because quite frankly it frightens me. Especially MMORPG. Go online to fight a bunny and the bunny turns out to be level 99. Scary.
I've played a few Tactics RPG's and I like them, but so far the Grandia series has really been good to me so I just wanted a heads up on what I should be looking forward to. The voice acting has always been really good in Grandias.

CaptainStoic
Let's see, Grandia starts out pretty quickly, the tedium of fighting random battles has been reduced drastically, because you can see the enemy before you engage them. There are times that there is no getting around ceraitn battles though, which you will see when or if you buy the game.

Boss battles are very cool, too. The combat system is nice, because you can execute combo moves which really light the enemy up.

As for being a little leery of real time RPGing, you shouldn't be, I guarantee you that once you play one you'll be hooked.

I have a friend that I introduced to Morrowind, and at first he was complaining about how he really couldn't get into it. The next 3 weeks he was fired from his job, because he kept calling in sick, in order to play it.

People in these forums have made it clear that Morrowind is garbage compared to Oblivion. If I were you I'd give it a try. To top it off it's not an MMORPG so there are no fees.

Psyquis52
Great Captain. You officially made it worse for me.
Now I'm afraid of addiction.

Tekno Boy
Er.. Could you tell me where and when I might purchase this Grandia 3, dear chaps?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.