Is God all he's cracked up to be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain Falcon
Let's see, he's all knowing, even though he couldn't even find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. He said "Showeth thy faces" did he not? He supposedly all good, but everyone who sins against him gets tortured, punished and if they're not forgiven, for all eternity. He's said to be all intelligent and great, but, all you have to do is, apolygise, and then you're in heaven, so I could kill 20 people a day, and when I'm dying say "I'm sorry god, please forgive my sins" and then I'm in heaven! Not very smart. erm Not only that, it's said before the flood, everyone was happy and good and free, after the flood, everyone's evil and hateful. Looks to me like a cock-up.

So if God's stupid, evil and crap, why do they tell us the opposite? You'd think they'd figure it out by themselves wouldn't they?

jollyjim311
Because, look at every church or religion leader, especially the Popes in the middle ages. $$$.

Punker69
Originally posted by Captain Falcon
Let's see, he's all knowing, even though he couldn't even find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. He said "Showeth thy faces" did he not? He supposedly all good, but everyone who sins against him gets tortured, punished and if they're not forgiven, for all eternity. He's said to be all intelligent and great, but, all you have to do is, apolygise, and then you're in heaven, so I could kill 20 people a day, and when I'm dying say "I'm sorry god, please forgive my sins" and then I'm in heaven! Not very smart. erm Not only that, it's said before the flood, everyone was happy and good and free, after the flood, everyone's evil and hateful. Looks to me like a cock-up.

So if God's stupid, evil and crap, why do they tell us the opposite? You'd think they'd figure it out by themselves wouldn't they?

And ignorant pricks continue to roam the forums.......

Seriously, go study the Bible. Preferably the stories and what not you pointed out and find out the meaning and depth behind them.

Jonathan Mark

Are you trying to be insulting?

Captain Falcon
Originally posted by Punker69
And ignorant pricks continue to roam the forums.......

Seriously, go study the Bible. Preferably the stories and what not you pointed out and find out the meaning and depth behind them. okay. Starting with the Garden of Eden.

The Garden of Eden was 'Paradise'.
The apple tree was called 'The tree of knowledge'.
When Eve took the apple she 'gained knowledge'.
After that she was taken out of the garden 'paradise'.
Therefore, if you have knowledge, you can't be in paradise. Which is true, because the more you know, the more pain you see and realise. Therefore you don't see things as paradise as you naturally would.

The 10 plagues

Pharoah was bad to the Jews.
The jews were Moses' people.
God is Moses' 'friend' if you will.
God put torture among the pharoah and egyptians like they did to the jews.
Therfore, no matter how poor the other person you're being cruel to, they'll always be a way to get you back.

there are more stories like this. The bible is just a metaphorical story book. Nothing more.

debbiejo
What is .....is just what is........nothing more and nothing less........doesn't matter what any book says......that's a fear tactic........

Shakyamunison

Religion was made by man. The bible tells the truths of humanity, and god is a reflection of human nature.

jollyjim311
An invisible friend for grown ups, made to keep people in line.

Echuu
okay. Starting with the Garden of Eden.

Therefore, if you have knowledge, you can't be in paradise. Which is true, because the more you know, the more pain you see and realise. Therefore you don't see things as paradise as you naturally would.

The 10 plagues

Therfore, no matter how poor the other person you're being cruel to, they'll always be a way to get you back.

there are more stories like this. The bible is just a metaphorical story book. Nothing more.

What is this? Could you present your arguments in a more logical fashion?

I'll start with your first comments...
Of course he knew where Adam and Eve were. Go read the verses again.

Everyone who sins against God is eventually judged.

Killing 20 people and saying you are sorry...?
You are missing the entire point of forgiveness.

It says that before the flood everything was HORRIBLE not fine.

The whole bit about knowledge and paradise is interesting but also kind of pointless. It basically is saying 'ignorance is bliss' which most people already know; well at least to a point because it isn't always true.

And the 10 plagues... what are you saying? I honestly don't see what you are getting at here. Please reiterate your points so they are understandable.

Shaky>......yeah you are right. Religion was created by man. That's what's cool about Jesus; he's meant as a relationship, not a ritual.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Echuu
...Shaky>......yeah you are right. Religion was created by man. That's what's cool about Jesus; he's meant as a relationship, not a ritual.

I'm glad you got my point. I have been misunderstood on that one before. big grin

Valharu
Repent my sons and daughters! Lest I smite thee with thy OdinForce!!!

debbiejo
Don't you need my permission first... wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Valharu
Repent my sons and daughters! Lest I smite thee with thy OdinForce!!!

I'm glad you are not my father. stick out tongue

Evil Dead
pfft.........god's nothing. I've challenged that pussy to a fight many a time.......he's too afraid to even answer me to tell me "no". He just runs and hides like a little girl. god, if you're reading this, quit dodging me.

oh and easter bunny........don't think I haven't noticed you dodging me too.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Evil Dead
pfft.........god's nothing. I've challenged that pussy to a fight many a time.......he's too afraid to even answer me to tell me "no". He just runs and hides like a little girl. god, if you're reading this, quit dodging me.

Watch out man...the easter bunny kicked my ass quite bad.....

Punker69
okay. Starting with the Garden of Eden.

The 10 plagues

I dont understand. How does this have relation to your first statement when you said "God's stupid, evil and crap". Its looks like two different threads. I said go study the story which you brought up (Adam and Eve) so you could find out why God said "showeth they faces". He said it not because he didn't know where they were but because he wanted them to show themselves to him for themselves. God does this at various times in scripture. He'll ask question while already knowing the answer to get his listeners to think and decide some things for themselves.

I dont even understand the second metaphor you brung up about Moses. There will not ALWAYS be a way for someone to get you back. Its a nice thing to say because it may sound cool but its certainly not true. A poor hobo on the street cant do anything to a billionare who refused to give him a dollar. He could try but will most likely be uncessful. I think thats what you were trying to say. If not then please explain it again.

leonheartmm
its amazing how much believers can choose to deny and ignore again and again.

debbiejo
Originally posted by leonheartmm
its amazing how much believers can choose to deny and ignore again and again. That is very true, though it wouldn't be fair to not include some atheists on the other side as well......Maybe we should all just say we're agnostics.

Punker69

And other religions dont?

Janus Marius
I notice that's not a denial, but an acception.

AOR

Oh yeah because all believers are bad people who decide to impose their beliefs on you. It's rather funny, really. They (people like xyz, and no offense buddy really....) can insult us and tug on our "religious rope" but we aren't allowed to defend something ouselves. Yeah that's not only great, that's totally fair.

yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic) blahblah

Punker69
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I notice that's not a denial, but an acception.

I deny certain things. I dont however ignore them.

DiamondBullets

Did you expect him to appear before you, put up his dukes, and say "let's get it on!"?

Evil Dead
I know I would.............ofcourse I'm not a pussy.

Shakyamunison
God is not a "he".

debbiejo
God could not be a he nor a she....though I believe it has both qualities....Even in scripture with the word Elohim....It does not refer to a gender..."EL" only means god......It's a Hebrew word.....

Evil Dead
he/she/it/whatever............ still running scared.

Shakyamunison
he/she/it/whatever............ still running scared.

God is not running scared. God would have to be a being with legs to run. wink

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
God is not a "he".

Prove it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
Prove it.

No, you prove that God is a he. Pull down God's pants and show the world. laughing

Bardock42
No, you prove that God is a he. Pull down God's pants and show the world. laughing

I'm not claiming that God is a "he"...I'm not claiming that God is not either. You claim "God is not a "he"." and you seem to have no evidence for it...so, why not refrain from making such pointless claims?

Shakyamunison
I'm not claiming that God is a "he"...I'm not claiming that God is not either. You claim "God is not a "he"." and you seem to have no evidence for it...so, why not refrain from making such pointless claims?

confused

You are not claiming God is a he. I am not claiming God is a he.

debbiejo
How can an energy be of any sex?.........I don't see it that way........only in the bible Jesus said "Our Father..etc..".....and that I think was probably for familiarity of it.....soooooo, how could a creative energy have a sex?

Bardock42
confused

You are not claiming God is a he. I am not claiming God is a he.

WRONG.

I am not claiming God is a "he". You are claiming God is no "he".

DIFFERENCE....SEE IT?

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
How can an energy be of any sex?.........I don't see it that way........only in the bible Jesus said "Our Father..etc..".....and that I think was probably for familiarity of it.....soooooo, how could a creative energy have a sex?

Ehm...you will probably have heard that before and you probably still don't understand...but please...for the love of energy...prove it!

Shakyamunison
WRONG.

I am not claiming God is a "he". You are claiming God is no "he".

DIFFERENCE....SEE IT?

NO..

We got a loose one. laughing

Bardock42
NO..

We got a loose one. laughing
HAHAHAHAHA

So..where were we..oh yes...you said God isn't a "he"...so what evidence is there to support your claim?

Shakyamunison
HAHAHAHAHA

So..where were we..oh yes...you said God isn't a "he"...so what evidence is there to support your claim?

You cannot prove a negative.

debbiejo
Ehm...you will probably have heard that before and you probably still don't understand...but please...for the love of energy...prove it! How can energy have a sex?

Bardock42
You cannot prove a negative.

Yeah, but you could prove what his sex really is...or if he doesn't have one that he doesn't have one....so...go ahead.

How can energy have a sex?

Yeah, yeah right...as expected, you don't understand...so what about proving the whole "God is energy" part? ....tell you folks what....as soon as you have proven that God indeed is energy, well I will accept that he has no sex......

Shakyamunison
Yeah, but you could prove what his sex really is...or if he doesn't have one that he doesn't have one....so...go ahead...

God is everything.

Bardock42
God is everything.

HA....positive claim....PROOF I DEMAND!!!!

Shakyamunison
HA....positive claim....PROOF I DEMAND!!!!

Tonight go outside and look up. cool

debbiejo

Yeah, yeah right...as expected, you don't understand...so what about proving the whole "God is energy" part? ....tell you folks what....as soon as you have proven that God indeed is energy, well I will accept that he has no sex...... Why would you assume what ever god would be would have a sex?......No need to procreate with it.......If you're going by scripture, god doesn't have a sex....Only in mythologies does god have a sex along with relationships of the sexual kind.

Shakyamunison
If God is a male, where is the female God?

debbiejo
Hmmmmmmm now we're talking Pagan.........Hear they're fun to party with..........they worship god with sex............ eek!

Bardock42
Why would you assume what ever god would be would have a sex?......No need to procreate with it.......If you're going by scripture, god doesn't have a sex....Only in mythologies does god have a sex along with relationships of the sexual kind.

Oh so you admit you ar just assuming that he doesn't have a sex...well then, I suppose this is settled....

If God is a male, where is the female God?

Maybe Dead, maybe non-existant, maybe right next to wherever "God" is at the moment....

Tonight go outside and look up. cool

Oh good thing it is night here...so I did...well...I didn't see it...no prove there...what about providing it now.

debbiejo
http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight/research_emoto.htm

Then how would you explain experiments like this one....the invisible affecting the visible.....It's energy.

Bardock42
http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight/research_emoto.htm

Then how would you explain experiments like this one....the invisible affecting the visible.....It's energy. That does a) not prove that it'S energy and b) it doesn't prove that God has no sex...nor that God exists...not what God is....nor...ANYTHING.

I admit it is pretty cool...but I will wait for a secondary experiment showing the exact opposite.

debbiejo
Here's one you can do yourself with your own mind.....I have done it plenty of times and it's very easy on how the invisible energy of our mind can influence the visible.

Connect a screw or ring (something with just a little weight) to a string. Hold your arm out straight out.....I sit cross legged and hold my arm out over my knee with my arm long.........by concentrating, you can make the screw which is hanging from the string circle to the right when you think it, or to the left, and also make it stop all together......

The invisible does influence the visible.....My point is that there is energy that is creative and we are part of it, and why would it need a sex to be such a force....

Interesting links also

http://www.dhushara.com/book/quantcos/quant1/quant.htm

http://library.thinkquest.org/3487/qp.html

http://www.plim.org/nonlocal.htm

Bowser jr

To be honest i hate god. He has never done any thing for me. evil face smokin' devil beer rock

Bardock42
Here's one you can do yourself with your own mind.....I have done it plenty of times and it's very easy on how the invisible energy of our mind can influence the visible.

Connect a screw or ring (something with just a little weight) to a string. Hold your arm out straight out.....I sit cross legged and hold my arm out over my knee with my arm long.........by concentrating, you can make the screw which is hanging from the string circle to the right when you think it, or to the left, and also make it stop all together......

The invisible does influence the visible.....My point is that there is energy that is creative and we are part of it, and why would it need a sex to be such a force....

Interesting links also

http://www.dhushara.com/book/quantcos/quant1/quant.htm

http://library.thinkquest.org/3487/qp.html

http://www.plim.org/nonlocal.htm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

You touch that damn thing, obviously you can influence it's movements....

Do that with a string attached to something set...like your ceiling and then show me how you can move it the way you want, that would be more impressive.....

debbiejo
I give up on you.......I don't move the string, and I've showed it to others and they don't see me do it, and they've done it for themselves........But I give up.....I thought you could handle a little experiment for your own self, guess not. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue .........It's a connectiveness energy from you that can influence.

And how about that "Water Experiement".......It's not being touched by anything but thoughts.

Bardock42
I give up on you.......I don't move the string, and I've showed it to others and they don't see me do it, and they've done it for themselves........But I give up.....I thought you could handle a little experiment for your own self, guess not. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue .........It's a connectiveness energy from you that can influence.

And how about that "Water Experiement".......It's not being touched by anything but thoughts.

Yes you do...you might not know about it but you certainly do. Just ecause you don't notice and you don't see it doesn't mean you don't. But if it'S true and you don't move it, it should also work with a String attached to something you don't touch...so, does it?

Also, that is a quite common experimet, and I did it, and I have seen programmes about it. It's not true you influence the string sub-consciencly.

The Water experiment, well I will need to see for myself if it actually works...also how often did they try it, did someone else repeat the experiment with the same results?

Shakyamunison
...Maybe Dead, maybe non-existant, maybe right next to wherever "God" is at the moment....

Prove it. big grin

Bardock42
Prove it. big grin

Prove what? What did I claim?

Shakyamunison
Prove what? What did I claim?

The where abouts of a female god.

Bardock42
The where abouts of a female god. I don't claim there is a female God.

Shakyamunison
I don't claim there is a female God.

You claim nothing.

Bardock42
You claim nothing.

Yeah....I know nothing for sure, you two (debbie and you) are the one pretending to know something, therefore you need to prove it. The day I claim my pencil created the universe with a giant fart is the day I will need to prove it...until then...what about your evidence? Got any? No? Talking out of your ass? Yes? Pointless? Yes?...alright!

Shakyamunison
Yeah....I know nothing for sure, you two (debbie and you) are the one pretending to know something, therefore you need to prove it. The day I claim my pencil created the universe with a giant fart is the day I will need to prove it...until then...what about your evidence? Got any? No? Talking out of your ass? Yes? Pointless? Yes?...alright!

If you don't know anything for sure, how do you know I claimed anything? I think it is all in your head.

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Bardock42
If you don't know anything for sure, how do you know I claimed anything? I think it is all in your head.

Yes, quite possible. But also my demanding prove could be just fiction as well. So, maybe I don't ask for proof, but I am under the impression I do (maybe I am not even that) but I am very certain (although I can't be sure) that you (if you exist) don't give me any evidence...

Anyways, I like to entertain thus notion that I actually asked for proof and that you actually did not produce it so I ask again. Where is your evidence for any of what you claim (same thing for Debbiejo)?

Shakyamunison
Yes, quite possible. But also my demanding prove could be just fiction as well. So, maybe I don't ask for proof, but I am under the impression I do (maybe I am not even that) but I am very certain (although I can't be sure) that you (if you exist) don't give me any evidence...

Anyways, I like to entertain thus notion that I actually asked for proof and that you actually did not produce it so I ask again. Where is your evidence for any of what you claim (same thing for Debbiejo)?

I have been sitting here laughing my butt off for so long that I forgot what we were talking about. laughing

debbiejo
Explain the water experiment?

Bardock42
I have been sitting here laughing my butt off for so long that I forgot what we were talking about. laughing

Haha, me too, just that I still remember that you claim Bullshit as the truth and do not give any reason.

Explain the water experiment?

Well, my first guess would be it's fake...because the guy seems to want the "results" he received....also I would like to see experiments turning out the same "results" by independent scientists (since that is what the Scientific Method is about).

debbiejo
.........If you're really curious and wanting to know being that you are Agnostic, why don't you research it instead of myself.....

Shakyamunison
Haha, me too, just that I still remember that you claim Bullshit as the truth and do not give any reason...

No, no, you must have misunderstood, I never claimed anything about "bullshit". I don't know anything about "bullshit".

Bardock42
.........If you're really curious and wanting to know being that you are Agnostic, why don't you research it instead of myself.....

Oh I create my opinion based on the way I perceive things.

I just want you to research some, and also to notice that claiming something to be a fact, which most likely isn't is just pointless....

If you say "I think we might be energy and all connected and God is all of us" I can say..."Alright, how come you think so?", but if you say "We are all energy and connected and God is all of us" well then I need "Proof".

debbiejo
Oh.....OK......lol

Either way you wouldn't accept it....cause some things you need to experience for yourself to know.....Some people aren't really open to it.........And some people think it's of Satan anyway.

Bardock42
Oh.....OK......lol

Either way you wouldn't accept it....cause some things you need to experience for yourself to know.....Some people aren't really open to it.........And some people think it's of Satan anyway.

No that's not true, I would certainly accpt it as a view. Why not try it for once? These two words "I think..." or also "It might..." ...they are what seperates the lunatics from the reasonable....so why not start using them....

Also, if you are honest do you believe 100% that we are all energy...not the slightest of doubts?

Shakyamunison
No that's not true, I would certainly accpt it as a view. Why not try it for once? These two words "I think..." or also "It might..." ...they are what seperates the lunatics from the reasonable....so why not start using them....

Also, if you are honest do you believe 100% that we are all energy...not the slightest of doubts?

I was talking to the lunatics before you interjected. The only way to talk with those people is to use their language. If at any time you say IMO, they stop reading, they are not interested in your or my opinion.

Bardock42
I was talking to the lunatics before you interjected. The only way to talk with those people is to use their language. If at any time you say IMO, they stop reading, they are not interested in your or my opinion.

Sure..I will try to believe you that.....oh, failed.

Anyways..why have such a low opinion of yourself and step on there level (that's just too funny), just be true to yourself (haha) and show that you understand (lol) that no one knows the absolute truth (oh good, can't say it with a straight face)....

Shakyamunison
Sure..I will try to believe you that.....oh, failed.

Anyways..why have such a low opinion of yourself and step on there level (that's just too funny), just be true to yourself (haha) and show that you understand (lol) that no one knows the absolute truth (oh good, can't say it with a straight face)....

Absolute truth cannot be known. Should I have said IMO?

debbiejo
Also, if you are honest do you believe 100% that we are all energy...not the slightest of doubts? I may not be able to prove it to you without sounding like a lunatic, but I honestly think we are.....I've read too much about it.

Bardock42
Absolute truth cannot be known. Should I have said IMO?

Yes...if it is your opinion.....

I may not be able to prove it to you without sounding like a lunatic, but I honestly think we are.....I've read too much about it. 100%? No doubt? No other possibility? None? Really?

debbiejo
100%? No doubt? No other possibility? None? Really? I believe we are always in the process of learning information. From my conclusions at this point in time, I believe so..........Now, if I run across new information to prove what I believe to be true wrong, I for one would be the first to admit it...

Now, I'm not saying I know for 100% sure what god is btw....

Bardock42
I believe we are always in the process of learning information. From my conclusions at this point in time, I believe so..........Now, if I run across new information to prove what I believe to be true wrong, I for one would be the first to admit it...

Now, I'm not saying I know for 100% sure what god is btw....
Alright...so you just believe so..that'S fine....good, good....I'm happy we were able to sort that out....

debbiejo
I did that special just for you.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
Yes...if it is your opinion.....

100%? No doubt? No other possibility? None? Really?

It is not my opinion. It is Buddha's opinion. laughing

Bardock42
It is not my opinion. It is Buddha's opinion. laughing

You can share the same opinion with Buddha if you feel like it.....Originally posted by debbiejo
I did that special just for you.... roll eyes (sarcastic) So you will keep sounding like a crazy person?...hmm sucks....

Shakyamunison
You can share the same opinion with Buddha if you feel like it..... So you will keep sounding like a crazy person?...hmm sucks....

Sorry if you didn't get my joke.

Bardock42
Sorry if you didn't get my joke.

You don't have to apologize if someone else didn't get your joke...not your fault, is it.

debbiejo
I've always considered myself more "Special" than crazy......I'm an individual. I have special thoughts. whistle smart

Shakyamunison
You don't have to apologize if someone else didn't get your joke...not your fault, is it.

I should have told you that the word Buddha has two meanings. Then you would have gotten it.

Bardock42
I've always considered myself more "Special" than crazy......I'm an individual. I have special thoughts. whistle smart

Yeah...like Ian Brady, Ted Bundy and The Joker.

Soleran

yes!

debbiejo
eek!

I'll buy you dinner....eat

And the beers on Bardock....cheers

Bardock42
Originally posted by Soleran
yes!

Wow, I think I've discovered a crazy fellow.....everyone look...remember when I told you about mental insanity?

Shakyamunison
Wow, I think I've discovered a crazy fellow.....everyone look...remember when I told you about mental insanity?

Birds of a feather. laughing

Soleran

Nope not at all, Bardock42 your a smart chap, aren't you in university in Germany?

Potential energy is one of those often overlooked pieces .........................(which it really wouldn't matter because all of our cells are realistically positive and negative and we are one huge electromagnetic machine.)

debbiejo
Don't complain, he bought us beer.....haha

Potential energy is one of those often overlooked pieces .........................(which it really wouldn't matter because all of our cells are realistically positive and negative and we are one huge electromagnetic machine.) Yes, yes.....

Shakyamunison
Nope not at all, Bardock42 your a smart chap, aren't you in university in Germany?

Potential energy is one of those often overlooked pieces .........................(which it really wouldn't matter because all of our cells are realistically positive and negative and we are one huge electromagnetic machine.)

eek! You forgot to say IMO.

laughing Happy Dance

Bardock42

But there's a difference between all of us being energy and having potential for energy as well as being electromagnetic machines....

And even if we were energy...100% certain? Come one...I am jot even 100% certain I exist.....how can I be certain to be energy?

And God being all of us? How does that work out?

debbiejo
eek! You forgot to say IMO.

laughing Happy Dance
laughing out loud or I 'believe' it to be IMO...

Soleran
But there's a difference between all of us being energy and having potential for energy as well as being electromagnetic machines....

And even if we were energy...100% certain? Come one...I am jot even 100% certain I exist.....how can I be certain to be energy?

And God being all of us? How does that work out?

You asked for proof on energy and that we can get and prove fairly easily. If your not certain then you exist thats where insanity plays into your world my friend.

I never speculated on God's existence in an answer for your little question seeing as how your natural cynicism would create more questions then answerssmile

debbiejo
......And you call me a crazy person. AT least I know I exist..... smart

Bardock42
......And you call me a crazy person. AT least I know I exist..... smart

I am pretty sure you don't.

You asked for proof on energy and that we can get and prove fairly easily. If your not certain then you exist thats where insanity plays into your world my friend.

I never speculated on God's existence in an answer for your little question seeing as how your natural cynicism would create more questions then answerssmile

I never asked for energy to be proven...I personally believe in energy...I asked for prove that we are all energy ...that energy is all there is...a thing which debbie enjoys to claim once in a while....

debbiejo
Do you always respond to imaginary people...
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
I am pretty sure you don't.

I never asked for energy to be proven...I personally believe in energy...I asked for prove that we are all energy ...that energy is all there is...a thing which debbie enjoys to claim once in a while....

Prove energy then.

Bardock42
Do you always respond to imaginary people...
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I might. I imagine you to be real, but you might as well be not. I might not be real....maybe this doesn't happen,.

But yeah, I usually respond to people I am not certain exist...why, you don't ?

Soleran

Thats because its true.

Bardock42
Prove energy then.

I can't....it's something I believe in. Something I am relatively sure to exist. But I can't really say it does.

That's why I won't. Well, in common discussions I will adapt a little less sceptic view..and accept things that I see as very likely...but when it comes to spiritual beliefs I just can't accept it when people claim certainty.

Bardock42
Thats because its true.

What do you base it on? How are we all energy? Last I checked scientists believe us to be formed of Atoms...not Energy.

debbiejo
On applications do you usually mark "Other" for your category?.......haha

Shakyamunison
I can't....it's something I believe in. Something I am relatively sure to exist. But I can't really say it does.

That's why I won't. Well, in common discussions I will adapt a little less sceptic view..and accept things that I see as very likely...but when it comes to spiritual beliefs I just can't accept it when people claim certainty.

It's really no different. I believe what I believe because it works in my life. When I was a Christian, the Christian belief did not work in my life and only lead to suffering. I now have a religion that brings me happiness, and I feel sorry for all the Christians who suffer like I did.

debbiejo
What do you base it on? How are we all energy? Last I checked scientists believe us to be formed of Atoms...not Energy. You need to read more quantum physics books to see how all things react with each other on sub atomic levels, change forms, waves, blink and out of existence...connect.....

Let's talk about that water experiment again........

It's really no different. I believe what I believe because it works in my life. /B] It is what ever works for a person, yep.....Though I feel Christians are deceived.....As Muslims are.

Soleran
And yet its the interaction of atoms that make us who we are, as well as even an atom just sitting is potential energy because it has effects on things outside itself.

Even atoms themselves are made up of subatomic particles that interact constantly to keep an atom what it is. Hence energy is everything, constant interaction at all levels.

Bardock42
On applications do you usually mark "Other" for your category?.......haha

Hmm...all the Applications I filled in didn't ask for "Category".....

It's really no different. I believe what I believe because it works in my life. When I was a Christian, the Christian belief did not work in my life and only lead to suffering. I now have a religion that brings me happiness, and I feel sorry for all the Christians who suffer like I did.

Yeah...but it is that a BELIEF....not a fact...so please show that it is a BELIEF not a fact. When claiming it is a fact (although it is just a belief) you are lying to yourself and others....

Bardock42
And yet its the interaction of atoms that make us who we are, as well as even an atom just sitting is potential energy because it has effects on things outside itself.

Even atoms themselves are made up of subatomic particles that interact constantly to keep an atom what it is. Hence energy is everything, constant interaction at all levels.

No, not "is"..."has"....it has potential energy....

And no...if what you say is true energy is everywhere ...but it is not everything..that'S the point...it'S not everything...we are not just Energy...nope..WRONG...energy as such is nothing.

Shakyamunison
Hmm...all the Applications I filled in didn't ask for "Category".....

Yeah...but it is that a BELIEF....not a fact...so please show that it is a BELIEF not a fact. When claiming it is a fact (although it is just a belief) you are lying to yourself and others....

No, you are assuming something, that people talk facts. Most people talk beliefs and only say my opinion when they wish not to offend.

Soleran
No, not "is"..."has"....it has potential energy....

And no...if what you say is true energy is everywhere ...but it is not everything..that'S the point...it'S not everything...we are not just Energy...nope..WRONG...energy as such is nothing.

Huh break it down for me, show me Bardock.

Bardock42
Huh break it down for me, show me Bardock.

Break what up to you?

I am jsut going by what you say....assuming it is true we are still not only energy....never doubted that energy is very important for life as we know it...but to claim it is all is in that case wrong.

Bardock42
No, you are assuming something, that people talk facts. Most people talk beliefs and only say my opinion when they wish not to offend.

When Debbie says "We are all Energy" that is stating a fact (if this so called fact is wrong or right does not matter). She'S not stating her beliefs (well she is, but claiming they are facts)....and that'S also what Christians do ...and well, it's jsut not what one should do I think, because no one can be really sure about their spiritual belief.

Soleran
Break what up to you?

I am jsut going by what you say....assuming it is true we are still not only energy....never doubted that energy is very important for life as we know it...but to claim it is all is in that case wrong.

Its not wrong, its your perception and interpretation of energy. Every cellular function is based off an interaction of atoms and more specifically subatomic particles. Hell the entire premise of your nervous system is creating an electircal current.

Define "what" we are in your belief, otherwise its simply spliting hairs and semantics Bardock.

Bardock42
Its not wrong, its your perception and interpretation of energy. Every cellular function is based off an interaction of atoms and more specifically subatomic particles. Hell the entire premise of your nervous system is creating an electircal current.

Define "what" we are in your belief, otherwise its simply spliting hairs and semantics Bardock.

Interections...not actual energy...we are not energy by that believe.

Also, this is about semantics you think energy is somehow everything. I think Energy is some kind of potential...like kinetic energy and such....

"What" we are I can't say, cause I don't know.

Shakyamunison
When Debbie says "We are all Energy" that is stating a fact (if this so called fact is wrong or right does not matter). She'S not stating her beliefs (well she is, but claiming they are facts)....and that'S also what Christians do ...and well, it's jsut not what one should do I think, because no one can be really sure about their spiritual belief.

I don't think it's wrong. Only slandering someone is wrong.

Bardock42
I don't think it's wrong. Only slandering someone is wrong. With wrong I don't mean morally wrong. I meant it is not true to what is probably fact....because I don't belief that anyone claiming to be 100% sure is actually 100% sure ...at least not in spiritual things.

And only slandering is wrong? What about killing someone?

Shakyamunison
With wrong I don't mean morally wrong. I meant it is not true to what is probably fact....because I don't belief that anyone claiming to be 100% sure is actually 100% sure ...at least not in spiritual things.

And only slandering is wrong? What about killing someone?

It would be cumbersome to add the uncertainty of life into every sentence.

Killing someone is slander to life.

Bardock42

Soleran
Well semantics be damned, the energy discussion is best suited for the philosophy forum anyway.

However a fun piece for Shaky, Buddhists and Hindus came up with the earliest atomic theories in/around the 6th century!

Mindship
Yes. Yes, he is.

Shakyamunison

Soleran
someone on the board likes to play word games......................

Janus Marius
Semantics are the only way people can argue these days. But I do rather like the elaboraton on Shaky's idea of slander.

Bardock42
You are just being silly now.

Slander can be more then oral, and it can be more than to just a person. I can write something that is slanderous to a people. To kill out of hate, is to show be slanderous against that person's life. To kill in self-defense is not slander. To kill in order to protect the weak in not slander.
Nope...no, that's not in the definition.

Also you could just say that killing is the only sin.
Rape would be killing of the sexual rights then. Slander, killing of ones reputation. Stealing killing of ones property.....

Sorry, slander is quite well defined and your definition is just out of proportion and...dare I say it...even wrong.

debbiejo
Also, there are many miracle type things that happen all the time that are not Christian....That would also have to do with energy....Then there are the people's who can walk on hot coals, and hang from hooks, and do incredible things.....There is also the paranormal things that would have to do with energy.....It's would seem energy can be used by your body and transferred to another's body as well, as in healing's (which btw are said to be of Satan, if not in Jesus name)....

Healings such as the one televised in China with no hands touching the women......A tumor just disappeared from her kidney...They had ultrasound devices inside her and scanners over her....It was on the Science Channel.

Bardock42
Also, there are many miracle type things that happen all the time that are not Christian....That would also have to do with energy....Then there are the people's who can walk on hot coals, and hang from hooks, and do incredible things.....There is also the paranormal things that would have to do with energy.....It's would seem energy can be used by your body and transferred to another's body as well, as in healing's (which btw are said to be of Satan, if not in Jesus name)....

Healings such as the one televised in China with no hands touching the women......A tumor just disappeared from her kidney...They had ultrasound devices inside her and scanners over her....It was on the Science Channel.

I see...so you basically call everything you don't understand energy....and then you go ahead and call everything you do understand (little as it may be) energy.....hmm, thinking about it ....makes sense.....

debbiejo
I see...so you basically call everything you don't understand energy....and then you go ahead and call everything you do understand (little as it may be) energy.....hmm, thinking about it ....makes sense..... Well, what would you call it?.........And remember the water experiment.....And now the televised healings on the Science Channel. Two men who didn't even touch her ya know....It was a transference.....What would you call it?

Bardock42
Well, what would you call it?.........And remember the water experiment.....And now the televised healings on the Science Channel. Two men who didn't even touch her ya know....It was a transference.....What would you call it?

Well, I'd call it a fake for one....maybe that's just me though...I dopn't believe everything I read on the Internet or see on TV....

If it's true they will be able to repeat the experiment and it will get the recognition it deserves....if it's a fake, well no one will ever talk about it again and some other Bullshit "experiment" will come along in due time....

debbiejo
Well, I'd call it a fake for one....maybe that's just me though...I dopn't believe everything I read on the Internet or see on TV....

If it's true they will be able to repeat the experiment and it will get the recognition it deserves....if it's a fake, well no one will ever talk about it again and some other Bullshit "experiment" will come along in due time.... For gods sakes it was on the Science Channel, and that was only one of other such type experiments or miracles....And again, what would you call this transference?....Fake is too lame.....

Bardock42

Shakyamunison
Nope...no, that's not in the definition.

Also you could just say that killing is the only sin.
Rape would be killing of the sexual rights then. Slander, killing of ones reputation. Stealing killing of ones property.....

Sorry, slander is quite well defined and your definition is just out of proportion and...dare I say it...even wrong.

Not according to my dictionary of Buddhist terms. You see, words have different means depending upon the context. Your definition is the legal definition, but laws have to be written with narrow meanings. I on the other hand, can do what ever I want to do, as long as I adhere to the rules of this forum. I suggest that we get back onto topic and stop this meaningless semantics game.

Ushgarak
A lot of people on this site have a disturbingly narrow view of how semantics work; Bardock is one of them.

Janus Marius
Not according to my dictionary of Buddhist terms. You see, words have different means depending upon the context. Your definition is the legal definition, but laws have to be written with narrow meanings. I on the other hand, can do what ever I want to do, as long as I adhere to the rules of this forum. I suggest that we get back onto topic and stop this meaningless semantics game.

I agree. But Bardock is the Lord of Semantics and Relativism, so he'll argue you're wrong and he's right all day long. It's what gets him through each day.

Shakyamunison
I agree. But Bardock is the Lord of Semantics and Relativism, so he'll argue you're wrong and he's right all day long. It's what gets him through each day.

I hope it does not get him banned again.

Janus Marius
You're too kind. If I had a BAN button, this place would be pretty damn empty. There's nothing I hate more than people who argue like he does. It's absolutely obnoxious.

Bardock42

Alright...so lets go back on topic. God is a lamp. He's cupboard and therefore comics is surely. Audio very much so as well. And Orange Juice is so called.

Oh, you're asking how that's on topic...hmm well I guess it's not in your dictionary but in my dictionary the words lamp, cupboard, comics, surely, audio and Orange Juice are very differently defined...so it makes perfect sense in my dictionary.....oh what now? You want to go by the real...the english dictionary again? Oxford? Webster? Why suddenly?

Ushgarak
See, what you have done there, Bardock, is take an utterly ludicrous exaggeration and tried to make out that it undermines the concept.

It doesn't, and it is just childish. Use some brainpower and you can easily see what Shakya means.

Janus Marius
Alright...so lets go back on topic. God is a lamp. He's cupboard and therefore comics is surely. Audio very much so as well. And Orange Juice is so called.

Oh, you're asking how that's on topic...hmm well I guess it's not in your dictionary but in my dictionary the words lamp, cupboard, comics, surely, audio and Orange Juice are very differently defined...so it makes perfect sense in my dictionary.....oh what now? You want to go by the real...the english dictionary again? Oxford? Webster? Why suddenly?

You shouldn't try so hard at sarcasm. It just looks worse when you fail. Shaky is giving you a religious definition of "slander", not a legal or strictly Oxford dictionary version of one. In this case, it encompasses many wrong-doings in a single word, which is pretty damn efficient.

Instead of bitching about the use of the word, why don't you argue something useful for a change? Or are you only here online to badger people who don't think exactly like you?

Soleran
Well more importantly really, I've always found that those willing to critisize without any faith are the ones searching for some sort of faithsmile

I just really fail to see what your real point is Bardock with your relativism in a discussion with religion. You've already said that you don't know if you exist, so really are you questioning and nitpicking to give meaning to something?

Captain Falcon
Woah, so many replies!

debbiejo
Now lets be nice, he might be a automated program installed by the government. confused stick out tongue

Janus Marius
Well more importantly really, I've always found that those willing to critisize without any faith are the ones searching for some sort of faithsmile

I just really fail to see what your real point is Bardock with your relativism in a discussion with religion. You've already said that you don't know if you exist, so really are you questioning and nitpicking to give meaning to something?

Anyone who questions if he exists or not is impossible to reason with. Talk about deluded.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
See, what you have done there, Bardock, is take an utterly ludicrous exaggeration and tried to make out that it undermines the concept.

It doesn't, and it is just childish. Use some brainpower and you can easily see what Shakya means.

Oh I see what Shakya means...at the same time I see he is wrong....

You shouldn't try so hard at sarcasm. It just looks worse when you fail. Shaky is giving you a religious definition of "slander", not a legal or strictly Oxford dictionary version of one. In this case, it encompasses many wrong-doings in a single word, which is pretty damn efficient.

Instead of bitching about the use of the word, why don't you argue something useful for a change? Or are you only here online to badger people who don't think exactly like you?

No, it's not...it's just a wrong usage of a word...and a pointless one as well. If you look at it legally Shakya uses the word slander as a synonym to crime...no need for that, we have a word like that...it's "crime".
Religious he uses "slander" as a synonym of "sin" which is pretty funny when saying slander is the only sin in my religion.....

But whatever you like that "new" word....I think it'S pointless...but when Shakya feels like introducing it to a thread I think I should have the right to question it.....is that acceptable?

Bardock42

I have enough faith...for one I have faith in my existance (I am aware that I can't know that I do...but I believe I do...well if I exist...if I don't exist I obviously don't believe that I do.....)

Like all other participants in here I elaborate on my beliefs, which happen to be relativistic....so your question is rather pointless....

Anyone who questions if he exists or not is impossible to reason with. Talk about deluded.

I believe I exist...I don't know if I do...big difference....honestly, I believe that the exact same thing is the case for all of you...you might not be happy to accept it....but well, nothing is certain (So I belief).

Janus Marius
Bardock, I speak English as my mother tongue. I am fully aware of how slander is used in mainstream English. I am also fully aware that Shaky is NOT using the mainstream definition of it, and is instead applying a religious definition to it, using it as a generic term covering a whole slew of wrongs. He's not claiming that slander is always going to apply to this outside of his religion, so he's not wrong at all. If he made the argument that slander is ALWAYS what he says it is, he'd be contradicted by the Dictionary, Encyclopedia, and whatnot. But that's not the case. So stop arguing with your head up your ass and go troll somewhere else.

Bardock42
Bardock, I speak English as my mother tongue. I am fully aware of how slander is used in mainstream English. I am also fully aware that Shaky is NOT using the mainstream definition of it, and is instead applying a religious definition to it, using it as a generic term covering a whole slew of wrongs. He's not claiming that slander is always going to apply to this outside of his religion, so he's not wrong at all. If he made the argument that slander is ALWAYS what he says it is, he'd be contradicted by the Dictionary, Encyclopedia, and whatnot. But that's not the case. So stop arguing with your head up your ass and go troll somewhere else.

I understand that it is his religious definition that slander is the only sin...and I also understand why he and his religion believe so...but this is the Religion Forum and I think I should be able to question any religion...including Shakya's. I understand that you only want to rip ion Christians...but well that's not my wish...so still the word slander just doesn't fit it..,

But please I am curious now...since the "sin" "slander" is not defined as the action "to slander"....what exactly is the definition of it? Also, what actions are part of the definition...how is Rape for example slander? Or is that no "sin"?

Soleran
Like all other participants in here I elaborate on my beliefs, which happen to be relativistic....so your question is rather pointless....

Yes but your belief in relativism is in relation to what? Peach's on the moon? Relative to every statment someone else makes that you present a relatively anal interpretation of?

What is the base of your relativism?

Bardock42
Yes but your belief in relativism is in relation to what? Peach's on the moon? Relative to every statment someone else makes that you present a relatively anal interpretation of?

What is the base of your relativism?

If I think about it again, I wouldn't say I am a real relativist....I believe morals are relative, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the case here...I am just saying that we cannot knot things for fact...and that especially in spiritual topics we shouldn't claim to know something...and for some reason we went of on another topic that involves the usage of the word "slander" in Shakya's believe, which I find ridiculous.....

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>