Omega, Alpha, Beta, Epsilon-Delta levels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deadpool14
There seems to be a little confusion over what are the requirements for being an Omega-level mutant.
I personally think Gambit has omega potential.
I also have a theory that complete control over something (telekinesis, cryokinesis) could qualify one as having omega potential.
What do you guys think?

Deadpool14
Official list of currently identified Omega-Level Mutants

Elixer
Iceman
Jean Grey
Rachel Grey
Mr. M
Franklin Richards
Quentin Quire
Vulcan

Alpha-Level Mutants

Apocalypse
his horseman
Angel (even before becoming Archangel)
Beast
Professor X
Magneto
Cyclops
Havok
The Living Monolith and basically the rest of the Twelve (minus the omegas already listed)

wannabe
Use the search function, pleeease!!!
This topic has been discussed a thousand times before.

Phoenix_Avatar9
idk, have epsilon and delta level mutants ever been mentioned. Im not sure if they even exist, i mean if Beta's are passive, imagine what lower powered mutants would be like

Disappear
epsilon-delta was a label used only once, and seemed to be sentinel-speak for "latent" mutants.

complete control over something doesn't denote omega potential. the only known qualifiers for omega potential are a) the ability to transcend the boundaries of human existence and b) they're labeled an omega in an actual comic. otherwise, it's tough shit for fan speculation.

Deadpool14
so how does Iceman consciously explore the metaphysical?

Disappear
who says he has yet? the fact that he can exist within virtually any body of moisture, consciously, and that his potential is labeled "infinite" have defined him as an omega. whether or not he's come to meet the "standard" is irrelevant. he can, and most likely will, eventually.

capt it up
gambit is not a omga mutant at all. he was stated at a alpha mutant same as wolverien magento scot and even alex if i recall is only a alpha.
u are born a omga u may not use the power to the extent u should but boby is a perfect example he ahs always been omega he just never realized his potential till now.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by capt it up
gambit is not a omga mutant at all. he was stated at a alpha mutant same as wolverien magento scot and even alex if i recall is only a alpha.
u are born a omga u may not use the power to the extent u should but boby is a perfect example he ahs always been omega he just never realized his potential till now.

When was Gambit, or Wolverine ever mentioned as an Alpha level mutant?

capt it up
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
When was Gambit, or Wolverine ever mentioned as an Alpha level mutant?
in AOA

Disappear
in the AoA, apocalypse's "chosen" were all alphas. some of his "forgotten" were also alphas, but not deemed as fit to survive.

also, due to the basic understanding of what an alpha is in relation to a beta, wolverine falls under the alpha blanket.

Britrogue
What level would Rogue have been at whilst she still possesed the powers of Ms. Marvel?

Disappear
rogue's an alpha. her having outside powers doesn't really factor into her baseline genetic makeup.

capt it up
Originally posted by Disappear
in the AoA, apocalypse's "chosen" were all alphas. some of his "forgotten" were also alphas, but not deemed as fit to survive.

also, due to the basic understanding of what an alpha is in relation to a beta, wolverine falls under the alpha blanket.
I not sure if ur sayign wolverine is an apha or not lol, but he stated in AoA to be a alpha and one of the most known at that

Deadpool14
oh well, it seemed that the destiny to control all kinetic energy seem infinite to me...new son!

eternitygoddess
I think it's basically what the writers decide. Debates will get us nowhere. If they decide to make Wolverine Omega, he'll be Omega. There isn't necessarily any 'requirements'.

But they really should keep the Omega-Level mutants at a low number. There's too much already. Not everyone can walk around as a living god.

Disappear
wolverine's already been labeled an alpha. and alphas can't become omegas. that, and the canon "requirement" is an unending potential to grow in their mutant abilities and exist beyond the physical and metaphysical boundaries of humanity.

and just because the new son had a lot of power didn't mean it was limitless. until that's cleared up, and until gambit's relationship to that level of power (something which seems to be put in jeopardy at the moment,) he's not an omega.

Britrogue
So, Omega is the most powerful, and alpha is the step down?

Disappear
omega is a completely separate ranking system. where alpha > beta > epsilon-delta, in terms of power or overall aid in survival, an omega mutation goes far beyond that. typically, omegas are rather powerful. but, the classic example of this not being the case is iceman, considering he's operated at comfortable levels for years and years and has hardly touched the tip of his potential.

basically, you can't determine who is and who is not an omega due to power levels, and thus omegas can't be weighed against alphas/betas/epsilon-deltas on that scale.

stickman618
i think the requirements are:
molecular manipulation, and/or
reality warp over a wide area and/or
invincibility/perpetuation

Ryonslaught
Originally posted by UltimateStryfe

Elixer
Iceman
Jean Grey
Rachel Grey
Mr. M
Franklin Richards
Quentin Quire
Vulcan

Alpha-Level Mutants

Apocalypse
his horseman
Beast
Professor X
Magneto
Cyclops
Havok
The Living Monolith and basically the rest of the Twelve (minus the omegas already listed)

The one thing most people tend to forget is that "Omega level" was coined by Grant Morisson (in recent years). That being said Alpha mutants have always been the most powerful mutants in the marvel universe. So what grant has essentially done is turn all Alpha's into his Omega's the only difference comes from those that have reached the apex of their power. Besides if we're going to claim alpha, epsilon ect then are you trying to tell us that Apocalypse, Xavier and Magneto are at the bottom of the power scale? ha ridiculous! big grin and Warren worthington has not nor will he ever be in the most powerful mutant category! wink

And a bit of an update if you must know (since being Omega level is all the rage nowadays) Johnathan Starsmore "jono" for short formerly of generation x and uncanny x-men and Husk's x boyfriend is the newest addition to Grant Morissons newest catch phrase. roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot

Elixir
Iceman
Jean Grey
Rachel Grey
Mr. M
Franklin Richards
Quentin Quire
VulcanPersists despite that Rachel Grey has only ever been called "omega" on panel by Nimrod circa 1980.

Those who have been labelled so since the phrase was coined with the current meaning and are thus officially Omega are:

Jean Grey
Iceman
Kid Omega (Quentin Quire)
Elixir (Josh Foley)
Mr M
Franklin Richards
& Vulcan

RisingStorm
The only problem I have with Jono being Omega is that he gained power because of Apocalypse blood right? Correct me if Im wrong, please. I really dn't understand the real nature of his power, but it has always been a great criteria that being Omega is inborn, without help of second mutations, or in this case, with the help of someone else's genes.

stickman618
true

Shalimar_fox
so what is storm,& scarlet witch

xmarksthespot
Storm and Scarlet Witch are alpha level mutants until otherwise specified on panel by a legitimate source.

I don't know if I consider Pete Wisdom based solely on seeing a high energy output saying that Chamber is a potential omega as conclusive of him being an omega mutant.

rox
someone said storm was omega. but how can storm and wanda only be alpha

icemayn
Omega-level mutant is a fictional designation for a certain powerful class of super-powered individuals in the Marvel Comics universe to indicate mutants with the ability (or potential) to exist beyond the boundaries of physical existence. Immortality is also a possibility, but not a requirement. Being able to control matter and energy on the sub-molecular scale, as well as having a body capable of withstanding such power levels without external help, also seem to be requirements.

That is why Storm and Wanda aren't omega.

batdude123

Elixer
Iceman
Jean Grey
Rachel Grey
Mr. M
Franklin Richards
Quentin Quire
Vulcan

Alpha-Level Mutants

Apocalypse
his horseman
Beast
Professor X
Magneto
Cyclops
Havok

Jim Jaspers should DEFINITELY be on the Omega list. yes

ddsmrt
Omega's are defined by reaching the limit to their powers anyone can be an omega even a metamorph or someone with superspeed. Omegas can the weakest mutants but they have reached the peak of their powers. As far as that crap Icemayn gave about them being able to livebeyond physical existence that means any high order telepath would be an omega ie. Xaiver, Emma, Shadow King, or Exdous. Controlling matter doesn't mean your an omega or having immortality in that case Selene would be an Omega because sh can manpulate matter, she's immoratal, and she can live beyond physical existence. As far as the rest of the levels of power mutants have alpha means the mutant is near having unlimited amount of control of their power/and abundant energy. Beta levels are mutants who aren't trained well with their powers and have limited amounts of energy. Last is Epsilon-Delta mutants who's powers haven't being activated or a mutant who has a secondary power which isn't active ie. High order phsyics and telekinetic powers ex. Emma Frost when she levitated a pencil she was using.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ddsmrt
Omega's are defined by reaching the limit to their powers anyone can be an omega even a metamorph or someone with superspeed. Omegas can the weakest mutants but they have reached the peak of their powers. As far as that crap Icemayn gave about them being able to livebeyond physical existence that means any high order telepath would be an omega ie. Xaiver, Emma, Shadow King, or Exdous. Controlling matter doesn't mean your an omega or having immortality in that case Selene would be an Omega because sh can manpulate matter, she's immoratal, and she can live beyond physical existence. As far as the rest of the levels of power mutants have alpha means the mutant is near having unlimited amount of control of their power/and abundant energy. Beta levels are mutants who aren't trained well with their powers and have limited amounts of energy. Last is Epsilon-Delta mutants who's powers haven't being activated or a mutant who has a secondary power which isn't active ie. High order phsyics and telekinetic powers ex. Emma Frost when she levitated a pencil she was using. Wrong. So wrong.

eternitygoddess
Omega's are BORN not MADE. Omega's are mutants who have unlimited potential and ARE CAPABLE of becoming the most powerful mutants in existence. Does that mean that they're the most powerful right now, no. But in the long run they are the most powerful.

There is no set 'rubric' to be an Omega. It's just whoever the writer wants.

FireIncarnate
So is Jean the most powerful of the Omega's then?

And do you think it will be revealed that Emma does have a latent telekinesis ability?

**FI**

stickman618
has emma ever shown signs of teke???

ExodusCloak
Yeah she has 3 times...bordering 4-6 times..

eternitygoddess
I think she currently is, because she's the only who's reached the highest potential isn't she?

I don't want Emma to get tk. Too much telepath tk combos already.

FireIncarnate
Originally posted by eternitygoddess
I think she currently is, because she's the only who's reached the highest potential isn't she?

I don't want Emma to get tk. Too much telepath tk combos already.

Right I've researched into it and yes she is.

Because: The highest peak of evolution is the Phoenix, and since Jean is the highest order a Phoenix avatar can be (White Phoenix), this makes her the most powerful omega.

**FI**

ddsmrt
Actualy it's right i didn't say their was a rubic i think the know their isn't one. Omega level mutants have ulimited energy and power with the powers they have. Just because a mutant is an omega doesn't mean they'll ever be able to beat an alpha. Phoenix powers all being at omega level does make her the most powerful omega that is and will ever exist. And my definition of the rest of the levels are also correct. Where does anything say that a mutant must be born an omega the only thing that is stated is a mutant must at some point realize and be able to control their full potenial all omega means is to have potential to master powers. that is why Exiler is an omega he may never reach his full potential but their is a high chance he will. I think phoenix is beyond mutant labels to be honest she has reached her full potential and passed it

Omega-level
Originally posted by FireIncarnate
So is Jean the most powerful of the Omega's then?

No. With the Phoenix Force, she is, but then she shouldn't count as a mutant. Regular Jean is awfully powerful, but Nate Grey and technovirus free Cable are 10 or 20 times more powerful than her, that's why Sinister was always so interested in them, and why he wanted Jean and Scott to have a son. They are (or were) so powerful that their body can't even take their full power, and would have burned at some point. Regular Rachel should be more or less in their same level, but i guess Claremont was too busy giving hints about the stupid "child of the Phoenix and Jean" thing, which hopefully will be dismissed soon.
Franklin Richards is also more powerful, he actually is as powerful as a Celestial.

stickman618
Vulcan vs. Phoenix

now that would be cool

i hope this happens in "the rise and fall of the shi'ar empire"

Rachel grey can bond with phoenix force right?

FireIncarnate
Originally posted by ddsmrt
Actualy it's right i didn't say their was a rubic i think the know their isn't one. Omega level mutants have ulimited energy and power with the powers they have. Just because a mutant is an omega doesn't mean they'll ever be able to beat an alpha. Phoenix powers all being at omega level does make her the most powerful omega that is and will ever exist. And my definition of the rest of the levels are also correct. Where does anything say that a mutant must be born an omega the only thing that is stated is a mutant must at some point realize and be able to control their full potenial all omega means is to have potential to master powers. that is why Exiler is an omega he may never reach his full potential but their is a high chance he will. I think phoenix is beyond mutant labels to be honest she has reached her full potential and passed it

I think the one requirement for Omegas is that they muct transcend ther physical realm, not just complete control of their powers.

**FI**

xmarksthespot
The one requirement for being an Omega is to be called one on panel by a character with an authority in such matters, the Professor, Emma Frost, Beast, in narrative explanatory text, or in a handbook.

superbatman86
The only definiton we have for being an omega is unlimmited potential.

shinkuu_ryuken
I know Apocolypse is empowered by celestial abilities but even as a mutant, is he not at Omega level?

Darwin and Legion have been added to the list of official omegas. A number of other mutants seem like strong candidates given the unlimited potential criteria and its implications from x-men forever - achieving godhood and becoming an abstract to replace the current ones - Wanda specially so.

I think the remainder of the ranks are even more nonsensical and inconsistant, mostly fan-made (although sometimes mentioned in comics and poorly defined) and not really based on power levels.

KingD19
Originally posted by shinkuu_ryuken
I know Apocolypse is empowered by celestial abilities but even as a mutant, is he not at Omega level?

He's Alpha.

peejayd
There seems to be a little confusion over what are the requirements for being an Omega-level mutant.

* i think the confusion is always between:

(1) omega and omega-potential - because other people already consider omega-potentials to be omegas...
(2) omega-potential and alpha - because of the requirement of being an omega...
(3) alpha and beta - because some are confused how to really classify these two...

* just my two cents... hey, i might be confused too! stick out tongue

Originally posted by peejayd
* i think the confusion is always between:

(1) omega and omega-potential - because other people already consider omega-potentials to be omegas...
(2) omega-potential and alpha - because of the requirement of being an omega...
(3) alpha and beta - because some are confused how to really classify these two...

* just my two cents... hey, i might be confused too! stick out tongue

Omega speaks only of potentuial, not power level. They are born omega and might as well die as weaklings before their potential can be edveloped or spent their whole lifes as failures to alunch like iceman.

I find the others to be completelly meaningless. Is it power level? Is it the passive vs consciously activated nature of the power?

peejayd
* how come they coined it as "omega-level" or "alpha-level" mutants? i always thought they imply it pertains to power levels of mutants...

RLAAMJR.
Storm and Magneto are high Alphas, who are capable of beating omega level mutants.

KingD19
Omega is power level and potential.

Iceman is Omega because of his powers and potential.

Vulcan, same thing.

Darwin, because he can literally adapt to anything.

And Storm is Omega. Magneto is Alpha.

peejayd
* as far as i know, the only confirmed omega-level mutants are:

- Jean Grey
- Vulcan
- Rachel Summers
- Iceman
- Legion
- Elixir
- Franklin Richards

* Emma Frost defeating Rachel Summers in her own game proves to us that an omega-level mutant can be defeated by a lower level mutant if that mutant is more skilled in that particular battle...

The Big O
i thought that to be considered an OLM, you had to be capable of massive matter/energy manipulation, vast psionic abilities, massive telekinetics or immortality.

KingD19
Darwins' been confirmed Omega. He came back from the dead....by becoming energy, then rebuilding his body from nothing.

Storm has been proven Omega as well.

Quentin Quire's also omega.

And James Braddock, whose a reality Manipulator

Mr.M also Omega.

Big O, that's usually true, but if it's just something crazy powerful about you, there's a chance you're omega.

The Big O
where are you getting your info from?

KingD19
A mix of comics and wikia websites.

Originally posted by KingD19
Darwins' been confirmed Omega. He came back from the dead....by becoming energy, then rebuilding his body from nothing.

Quentin Quire's also omega.

And James Braddock, whose a reality Manipulator

Mr.M also Omega.

Big O, that's usually true, but if it's just something crazy powerful about you, there's a chance you're omega.

Storm has never been confirmed as an omega. Magneto has ahd more hints of being omega directed at him than she does, but never confirmed either. The others are right.

The Big O
you cant trust wiki. anyone can put anything on there. but what do i know? i only read comics once in a while.

jalek moye
eh wiki is nomrally pretty relaible for comics. Sometimes it's not more most of the times marvel wiki is very accurate

The Big O
you recommend it then? for Marvel?

KingD19
Marvel wikia is awesome. Hasn't steered me wrong yet.

RLAAMJR.
Marvel wikia is awesome. Hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Yep. marvel wikia is pretty awesome.

But I haven't really encountered a statement stating that Storm is an omega level mutant. Just a potential.

and i'm addressing this to other people, not to the poster. Wikipedia may have wrong information, but most of it are actually true. So please don't say to the extent that it sounded like wikipedia is a complete false information.

Dum Dum Dugan

She was always an Alpha. Hudlin stated she was an Omega which still is nonsenses. She was always an omega, but Hudlin a hack and decided to spout garbage. However I yet to see another writer state she Omega. Also she can't even uses her powers to there fullest ability, because it damages her body, that alone would prevent her form be an omega.

0mega Spawn
Marvel wikia is awesome. Hasn't steered me wrong yet. Marvel Wikia is awesome for facts but character stats is all F'ed up you can go on a characters page you might notice low stats but dont pay attention to it but then you go on another characters page and this character is obviously weaker in every way than the last character but somehow have higher stats sad

Kazenji
Same thing with Marvel directory for the strength levels.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
She was always an Alpha. Hudlin stated she was an Omega which still is nonsenses. She was always an omega, but Hudlin a hack and decided to spout garbage. However I yet to see another writer state she Omega. Also she can't even uses her powers to there fullest ability, because it damages her body, that alone would prevent her form be an omega.

LOL, well here you go

http://a.imageshack.us/img163/8153/omegapotential.th.jpg

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by HandOfFate
LOL, well here you go

http://a.imageshack.us/img163/8153/omegapotential.th.jpg
Dam it hudlin, now others are saying she omega. I guess she is now omega dispite the fact she doesent fit the requirements. Her own power can kill her and paralyze her.

There are no actual requirements. Unlimited potential could be anything. In her case, unlimited potential to manipulate natural forces, which would indeed make her abstract level if ever developed. Besides, some possible futures have shown her as an elemental being beyond flesh.

the ninjak
I can accept Omega potential.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by 753
There are no actual requirements. Unlimited potential could be anything. In her case, unlimited potential to manipulate natural forces, which would indeed make her abstract level if ever developed. Besides, some possible futures have shown her as an elemental being beyond flesh.

True, Marvel has not given a actual description of what OMEGA means....well other then saying they have an almost unlimited amount of power to manipulate matter or energy. Hell I'm not ever sure if they said that.

KingD19
Originally posted by 753

In one continuity, Storm was a living weather pattern with no body.

Xavier was a telepath who was so powerful his body couldn't handle it and he existed primarily on the astral plane.

Wolverine was berserk all the time because he had a Hulk life healing factor. Xavier actually had to guide him in battle.

Jubilee could level cities.

Rogue had to stay covered up all the time or she could absorb all life on the planet.

And Colossus had full command over his molecular structure and could enhance his strength and stuff.

the ninjak
In one continuity, Storm was a living weather pattern with no body..

Now that's Omega.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
She has a limit though, her body can only wistand so much power, meaning she she really shouldent be able to be omega.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
She has a limit though, her body can only wistand so much power, meaning she she really shouldent be able to be omega.

It been stated that Storm final transfomation will be into a being of elemental energy....thus the human body limits will be gone.

Besides, we have no idea what makes some mutants Omega and others not.

IMHO, it all depends on the writer....Claremont had Storm controlling the energy of millions of stars and planets with ease. The only mutants to beat that feat are Phoenix users, Franklin Richards, Jasper and Scarlet Witch.

KingD19
Don't forget about Jamie Braddock.

RLAAMJR.
It been stated that Storm final transfomation will be into a being of elemental energy....thus the human body limits will be gone.

IMHO, it all depends on the writer....Claremont had Storm controlling the energy of millions of stars and planets with ease. The only mutants to beat that feat are Phoenix users, Franklin Richards, Jasper and Scarlet Witch.

aside from that, she save the whole world , beat The Trion and house Eternity in which only she and Dr. Strange was capable. all members of fantastic Four,BP and Silver Surfer was around.

Dum Dum Dugan

prove this, because what been shown in alternate realities and what been shown on pannel in 616, is that when she uses to much power it causes damage to ehr body, she can even loses control. In x-men forever which is not cannon I know, she was paralyzed from over using her powers. her body can't contain the amount of power she posses, which in it self would make her not omega.

That was back way in the day when they did factor in real world as much. She sinces then has never displayed that kinda power. Also Claremont, doing a run right now, what would have happen if he stay writing type of thing, and storms shown nothing of the sort of power. One time events are also not the norm, nor are they even usable in many cases. in fact that could easily been written off has hyperbole, or simply PIS.

Dum Dum Dugan
Also Wolverine has display complete control over his healing factor. He did this when Cable son Tylor tried to bond adamatium back to Wolverine bones, and it was working untill, Wolverine (heard cannon ball I believe) and he through force of will used his healing factor to push out the adamatium. If thats not completely control, i dont know what is. Because that was ever part of his body.

No, we've ponly seen alternative futures in which she becomes an elemental and this doesn't make her omega either.

We have a very clear idea, on panel statements. The essential idea is limitless potential.

No, he had her drawing upon the energy of the galactic core, nowhere does it say she was manipulating the entirety of its energies. All we know is hat she had a single abnormal high end feat of reach and energy harvesting. Not at all beyond the high herald level for energy manipulators. Her averag puts her at high meta or low herald.

And hyperstorm, godcable, shaman nate grey, megan, so on and so forth. Pretty much anyone high herald and above could replicate that.

HandOfFate

HandOfFate
Originally posted by 753
No, he had her drawing upon the energy of the galactic core, nowhere does it say she was manipulating the entirety of its energies.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5088/galaticcore.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8284/poster11s.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5088/galaticcore.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8284/poster11s.jpg

She did not harvest the entirety of the galactic core's energies. She would have extinguished it, if she did. She drained energy from all the core, not the entirety of its energies. This is a high herald feat maybe a trans level one and it's an isolated aberration in her career.

Like I said in my original post, it's an impressive feat of reach or scope, meaning the area and the distances she managed to balnket with her power. But the actual amount of energy pulled from it? Caption says a new star shined for a brief moment and then perished or some such nonsense. SS could replciate that feat as he has created a black hole.

Storm's average is far below magnet for instance and neither one comes close to most powerfull mutants such as hyperstorm, wanda, jaspers, richards, the phoenix, megan, mr m, etc.

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by 753
She did not harvest the entirety of the galactic core's energies. She would have extinguished it, if she did. She drained energy from all the core, not the entirety of its energies. This is a high herald feat maybe a trans level one and it's an isolated aberration in her career.

Like I said in my original post, it's an impressive feat of reach or scope, meaning the area and the distances she managed to balnket with her power. But the actual amount of energy pulled from it? Caption says a new star shined for a brief moment and then perished or some such nonsense. SS could replciate that feat as he has created a black hole.

Storm's average is far below magnet for instance and neither one comes close to most powerfull mutants such as hyperstorm, wanda, jaspers, richards, the phoenix, megan, mr m, etc.

A galactic core is greater in size than a black hole. I don't wanna explain further because the image says everything. About the "a new star was born" is not just an ordinary star cos it was stated that Storm summoned the energy of the entire galactic core.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by 753
We know exactly what makes someone an omega. on-panel statement of someone being an omega.

I would like to see those scans please. I mean other then saying unlimited potentail, which can mean a lot of things

Originally posted by 753

OK, I give you the scan and you see something different then what's actually on the page....alright.

Well been nice talking to you. big grin

Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
A galactic core is greater in size than a black hole. I don't wanna explain further because the image says everything. About the "a new star was born" is not just an ordinary star cos it was stated that Storm summoned the energy of the entire galactic core. what part of "if she had absorbed the whole galactic core, it would be gone" don't you understand? she blanketed the whole core with her power and harvested a portion of it, that's it. The actual power she drained was enough to make "a star shine for brief a moment" and then she died. SS created a permanent black hole with his energy output which is more impressive than the amount of energy she drained to shine brightly for a fraction of a second and die. all that to kill a brood egg too. that feat isn't beyond a high herald and its her highest point to date.

I would like to see those scans please. I mean other then saying unlimited potentail, which can mean a lot of things

OK, I give you the scan and you see something different then what's actually on the page....alright.

Well been nice talking to you. big grin

facepalm

Really? You want scans that show that the only way to confirm who is an omega is to have the writer say it? x-men forever coined the term and defined omega as sinonymous with unlimited development potential and, clearly, the only way one can objectively know who is an omega is to have the stroyline state it, as it refers to potential and not actually realized power level. the only confirmed omegas so far are jean grey, iceman, mr m, franklin richards, elixir, nate grey and cable. other very strong candidates include SW, hyperstorm, megan and mjj. storm cant be considered an omega until it's made clear that she has no upper growth limit. Hell, magneto has a much better case for being omega than she does and no one can claim for sure that he is either, until it's stated without ambiguity.

Yeah, I'm the one seeing reality through pink colored glasses. Your interpretation of the scan is as deluded as only a storm fanboy can come up with. She isn't even a low herald on average and to claim she drained all of the energy of the galactic core when it continues to exist and didn't even blink for a moment is plain stupidity. Also, she died to do that. Been nice talking to you too

RLAAMJR.
Originally posted by 753
what part of "if she had absorbed the whole galactic core, it would be gone" don't you understand? she blanketed the whole core with her power and harvested a portion of it, that's it. The actual power she drained was enough to make "a star shine for brief a moment" and then she died. SS created a permanent black hole with his energy output which is more impressive than the amount of energy she drained to shine brightly for a fraction of a second and die. all that to kill a brood egg too. that feat isn't beyond a high herald and its her highest point to date.

Storm has absorbed only the energies, and who said that the galactic core was still there? Again , the star that shone for a brief moment isn't just a regular star. I've thought about that too, just to kill the brood within her. But she has not yet discovered her full potential, which i would assume Storm might have though she needed all those energies to do what she has to do. And when she discovered it, she told Binary how to kill those broods inside the other x-men members without summoning the energy of the entire galactic core, that is if Binary could actually do it.

Storm has beaten The Trion, a nigh omnipotent entity which was placed higher than a full-powered Galactus in comicvine website. Though it wasn't an official list, but i believe they've done enough research why The Trion is ranked higher than a full-powered Galactus

-Pr-
The galactic core is still there, though.

jalek moye
Storm has absorbed only the energies, and who said that the galactic core was still there? Again , the star that shone for a brief moment isn't just a regular star. I've thought about that too, just to kill the brood within her. But she has not yet discovered her full potential, which i would assume Storm might have though she needed all those energies to do what she has to do. And when she discovered it, she told Binary how to kill those broods inside the other x-men members without summoning the energy of the entire galactic core, that is if Binary could actually do it.

Storm has beaten The Trion, a nigh omnipotent entity which was placed higher than a full-powered Galactus in comicvine website. Though it wasn't an official list, but i believe they've done enough research why The Trion is ranked higher than a full-powered Galactus

So basically this is more of you stating Storm is greater then Galactus and any hero who is weaker or equal to him.

Storm has beaten The Trion, a nigh omnipotent entity which was placed higher than a full-powered Galactus in comicvine website. Though it wasn't an official list, but i believe they've done enough research why The Trion is ranked higher than a full-powered Galactus Well, the core still there and seen as it made up of billions of stars, if she had drained all its energies, it would be gone.

HandOfFate

Knock yourself out, believe whatever delusion best fits the undeniable fact that she didn't consume the galactic core and that other high heralds have better feats than that.

-Pr-
she's not high herald, though... is she?

jalek moye
according to some peeps in this thread shes an abstract

HandOfFate
Originally posted by -Pr-
she's not high herald, though... is she?

Originally posted by jalek moye
according to some peeps in this thread shes an abstract

I personally don't think she at high herald or abstract level...and I hope no writer puts her at that level.

On the other hand, she did something amazingly powerful and I really don't see a reason to underplay this feat.

she's not high herald, though... is she? No. She's low at best. I meant her highest end feat wasn't really beyond high herald.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
No. She's low at best. I meant her highest end feat wasn't really beyond high herald.

yeah, i know lol...

KingD19
Originally posted by 753
No. She's low at best. I meant her highest end feat wasn't really beyond high herald.

Shhhhhhhh, don't say that. RLAAMJR will hear you and tell us how she defeated the Trion and drained the galactic core....again. confused

-Pr-
Please. I used to have to deal with people saying she'd beat Green Lantern and that her precognition would help her deal with Superman's speed.

Please. I used to have to deal with people saying she'd beat Green Lantern and that her precognition would help her deal with Superman's speed. What?

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
What?

because she can read the electrical impulses in the human body.

lulz

HandOfFate
because she can read the electrical impulses in the human body.

Wait....wait....you actually had someone say her ability to see electrical impulses was a precognitive ability.

-Pr-
Wait....wait....you actually had someone say her ability to see electrical impulses was a precognitive ability.

They portrayed it as such.

was 2damnloud, or rutog, i don't recall which, though it doesn't really matter.

Dum Dum Dugan
oh man i remember that garbage.

jalek moye
B-B-but guys...she beat the Trion for crying out loud

comicvine says it makes her all powerful, why can't you see that?

Bentley
Did you forget "beyond Omega" in the title? shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.