Captain Universe Spider-Man Vs Green Lantern Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9789/cosmicspiderman28mp.jpg

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7176/untitledscanned216fb.th.jpg http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7393/untitledscanned223hp.th.jpg

This is current the current versions of both characters with those additional powers

Both get 1 week to practice with the aid of anyone they know that they think can help

Spidey has a little extra experience with the power but Batman has been around GLs for years so it evens out

Fight will take place at JP's house but can continue on to anywhere

The GL ring is fully charged at the start of the fight and both men are fully rested

Whadaya think?

illadelph12
Cosmic Spidey's costume will live on in infamy...

That Bat-Lantern logo isn't far behind though.

After the week of training with a GL, does Bruce get prep for the fight?

Scoobless
The training time is all the time they get

illadelph12
So he can either train for a full week, or train for 3 days, then prep for his opponent and set traps?

Scoobless
Originally posted by illadelph12
So he can either train for a full week, or train for 3 days, then prep for his opponent and set traps?

He doesn't get access to the battleground until the fight starts..... let's say that JP's house is in a different dimension from anything he can access (or that we can access either roll eyes (sarcastic) )

.......so no traps

illadelph12
Would he be able to use time during his week of training to travel to the Marvel Universe and talk to Venom?

Scoobless
no expression.................... No. Only people from his own Universe.... and only those that would help him anyway (so not Sinestro or anyone like that)

The_Olympian
haha, batman fans are going crazy!

grey fox
Spidey takes a kicking , the captain universe powers amps him up to higher levels (somewhere around class seventy or eight) as well as a few individual power boosts and add ons.

A lantern ring on the other-hand gives it's wielder near-omnipotence.

I think we're intelligent enough people to know what trumps what here.

PS : Out of curiosity , when the hell did bat's get hold of a Gl ring ? Is it an elseworld story ?.

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
Spidey takes a kicking , the captain universe powers amps him up to higher levels (somewhere around class seventy or eight) as well as a few individual power boosts and add ons.

PS : Out of curiosity , when the hell did bat's get hold of a Gl ring ? Is it an elseworld story ?.

Hal gave him a shot of his ring in GL V4 - #9.... he didn't seem to like it too much

Class 80?:

"The Uni-Power amplifies strength about fifty times Thus if a person can normally lift (press) 150 pounds, he or she would now be able to lift approximately 7,500 pounds."

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainuniverse.htm

Current Spidey is around class 15-20... with CU powers he'd be well into the class 100 range

Along with that he gets a crapload of other powers (such as transmutation abilities)

MrHeavySilence

It was in one of the new Green Lantern issues where Batman and Hal Jordan teamed up.

Validus
Green Lantern #9

Arahan
I can remeber the time where Spidey was Captain universe and believe me he was way stronger than 15X50=750 tons.

Hell he lifted easily a ship which surely was heavier than 1000 tons.

grey fox
Still doesn't matter . Omnipotence is omnipotence.

Validus
I'd give Hal or Kyle the majority in this fight but I'm not sure how good Batman could get in a week. He didn't even have an easy time making that construct.

MuffinmanMike
Guys. Do you HONESTLY think Batman has anything that will be more effective than the ring for cosmic spidey...?

Scoobless
Still doesn't matter . Omnipotence is omnipotence.

Who's omnipotent?

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Scoobless
Who's omnipotent?

A rookie Green Lantern still weak to the color yellow, apparently.

Space M ummy
I'm a bit of a marvel fanboy, but I'd give it to Cosmic Spidey, ONLY because the Uni-Power instantly grants full awareness and ability of how to use it the second you have it. There's no need to train for a week, you're automatically an expert. Add to that the instant cosmic awareness and boosted pre-cog it grants, and there's no trap Batman can set (even with the ring) that Cosmic spidey won't be aware of.

Psyquis52
I'm definately a marvel fanboy and I still give it to Cosmic Spidey!
Wait...what were we talking about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.