First ten minutes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jarshewa
I was just wondering wich first ten or tweny minutes of any movie was the most kick ass.

I'd have to say "gangs of new york" started out pretty badd ass.(to bad the rest kinda sucked)

Dusty
'Lucky Number SLEVIN'
'HellBoy'
'Saving Private Ryan'

Tadaaaaa

Rapscallion
I wouldn't describe the opening of Saving Private Ran as "Badass", but it is definitely the greatest opening of a movie ever.

Dusty
Originally posted by Rapscallion
I wouldn't describe the opening of Saving Private Ran as "Badass", but it is definitely the greatest opening of a movie ever.

Agreed. I wansn't going for 'Badass'

I was going for 'Best'.

fini
heck thats a lot more than 10 MINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ECHUD123456
Austin Power Goldmember Had A Funny Opening 10 XD

Mišt
Matrix Reloaded had a kick ass opening.

K.Diddy
Jason goes to hell

Jarshewa
how could i forget saving private ryan,an opening like that hasnt gotten me that sucked into a movie for a while.

side note:

whats not bad ass about the opening fo saving private.we got the job done.

i dont mean to offend anyone.

Jarshewa
i should of just said "best opening"

Aurora
I think that Star Wars was pretty awsome, I'm not a die hard fan of Star Wars, but the begining was awsome.

Wolfie
Yes, the opening of Jason Goes to Hell is better than the rest of the movie.

Hellboy, I'd say the beginning was the weakest part. I didn't care much for the CGI baby Hellboy. Kroenen was pretty kickass though.

Wedding Crashers
Cube
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

There are others of course.

Dusty
Originally posted by Wolfie
Hellboy, I'd say the beginning was the weakest part. I didn't care much for the CGI baby Hellboy. Kroenen was pretty kickass though.

I loved the beggining. Probably my favorite part. Watching kroenen whip out those blades and start kicking ass, was sweet.

Dusty
AHHHH!

I feel like an idiot, not mentioning 'Pulp Fiction'. yes

T.M
I love the start of Fight Club..

I also love the start of Airplane!.. laugh my ass off everytime I see it.

Ohh and The Usual Suspects.

Jarshewa
"I think that Star Wars was pretty awsome, I'm not a die hard fan of Star Wars, but the begining was awsome."

which star wars?

Impediment
Pulp Fiction? Oh, yeah. Pumpkin and Honey Bunny discussing the pros and cons of armed robbery. thumb up On that note, I'd also include Reservoir Dogs. No matter how many times I watch it, I love listening to Mr. Brown describing how "Like a Virgin" is a metaphor for big dicks, and Mr. Pink's rant about not tipping. thumb up thumb up I'd also pick Full Metal Jacket, because of the savage and raw scenery of Drill Instructor Hartman's methods of dehumanizing the new recruits.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Impediment
On that note, I'd also include Reservoir Dogs. No matter how many times I watch it, I love listening to Mr. Brown describing how "Like a Virgin" is a metaphor for big dicks, and Mr. Pink's rant about not tipping. thumb up thumb up

I absolutely agree.

Koala MeatPie
Saving Private Ryan

crazy
Full Metal Jacket had a great beginning, too bad the second half of the movie sucked.

Dusty
Originally posted by crazy
Full Metal Jacket had a great beginning, too bad the second half of the movie sucked.

?!?!

Punker69
Originally posted by Jarshewa
I was just wondering wich first ten or tweny minutes of any movie was the most kick ass.

"X2" had a very good opening in my opinion. Awesome. So did "Final Destination 2" smile

Dusty
I forgot to mention Terminator 2.

ECHUD123456
I Liked The Openings For Kung Pow, And Mystery Men. They Had Pretty Good Openings (For Comedies) And As For Everything Else I Think Kill Bill 1 & 2 Have Just About The Most Kick Ass Openings Ever. Hell, EVERY Tarantino Flick Has Bitchin' Opening!

Tired Hiker
I love the opening for The Two Towers! Gandalf falling into shadow with the Balrog of Morgath is I think one of my favorite scenes of all time. I crank the volume up at home, and it sounds sooooooooooo awesome in surround!!!!

Grimm22
Batman Begins

Just seeing some guy in a Chinese Prison and beating the crap out of guys then suddenly finding out he's Bruce Wayne! eek! Awesome!

dave_kodak
full metal jacket.
and i kinda agree with batman begins.
but there are alot of movies with really "badass" openings.
its all about how u look at it the word "badass"

but i know a movie thats not out that will have a badass opening.
filled with gore, guns, fire, death, and babes.
lol face it, if they do make a duke nukem movie its guna be badass right from the start....well i hope it will.

C-Dic
Originally posted by crazy

It didn't necessarily suck, but it was totally different from the first half. It was more or less Animal Mother playing the de-evolution of man. Remember towards the end when he got his first kill? He went from scared as hell to doing whatever it took to survive.

First 10 minutes of "Empire Strikes Back"...nuff said.

Dusty
Originally posted by C-Dic
It didn't necessarily suck, but it was totally different from the first half. It was more or less Animal Mother playing the de-evolution of man. Remember towards the end when he got his first kill? He went from scared as hell to doing whatever it took to survive.

First 10 minutes of "Empire Strikes Back"...nuff said.

*tries to recall*

The battle at Hoth? That was pretty good. A few movies come to mind that are better, though. erm

Jarshewa
what about sin city?
the first scene with josh hartnet and that girl was kind of a snoozer (movies is damn good though)

Pepito
Shaun of the Dead, Clockwork Orange, Kill Bill

Dr.Challanger
What do you think about Scary Movie 4 ? ;D...

P.S. What the hell means kicks ass? I think its "very good" or "imressive"?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Dr.Challanger
What do you think about Scary Movie 4 ? ;D...

P.S. What the hell means kicks ass? I think its "very good" or "imressive"?

Yes, "kick ass" means "very good"

Scarecrow756
All the Star Wars films.
Batman Returns.
Batman 89.
Batman Begins.

Solo
The Thin Red Line has to have my favorite first ten minutes out of any movie.

dave_kodak
"Spacehunter: the adventure's in the forbidden zone".
yeah ok the whole movie sucks, BUT! i do have a point which has to do with this thread.

ok so my point is u can take the first ten mins of any of the film said here and that is already more action then u would see in all of the movie "Spacehunter: the adventure's in the forbidden zone"

"WTF" indeed

sithsaber408
Almost any James Bond movie.

Also, Speed, which started with the bomber, the people trapped in the elevator, and the confrontation in which he was "blown up".

That was as good as some endings to action flicks.

CheapDiamond
Gangs of New York was unreal... so was Saving Private Ryan.

office jesus
Hm. X2 probably gets my vote. The whole thing with Nightcrawler. Excellent.

tabby999
From Dusk Till Dawns first scene is pretty bad ass. personally i love the first part of High Fidelity, one of my favourite movies

Dusty
Originally posted by office jesus
Hm. X2 probably gets my vote. The whole thing with Nightcrawler. Excellent.

You're right, that scene totally kicked ass. Seeing it in theaters was amazing.

Deathblow
The opening scene of Team America is absolute genius.

Myth
Swordfish has a great beginning. Travolta talks about Dog Day Afternoon and then a great explosion filmed Matrix style.

LiL nAstY GirL
Sin City

Jarshewa
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
Sin City
aw man i thought it was slow and lame up untill the bruce willis part(were i thought it should of started anyway.)but i did like the actual artwork in the opening credits.

i loved the movie though and i know that the begging was frank's work, but it would of made sence to open it with the marv thing considering that was the first sin city he wrote.

Dusty
but it would of made sence to open it with the marv thing considering that was the first sin city he wrote.

Technically it opened up with 'The Customer is Always Right' with Josh Harnett.

Then came Hartigan, then Marv, then Dwight, then Hartigan again.

Jarshewa
Originally posted by Dusty
Technically it opened up with 'The Customer is Always Right' with Josh Harnett.

Then came Hartigan, then Marv, then Dwight, then Hartigan again.

no shit anyone seen the movie would now that.whats your point.
and technically he first wrote 'the hard goodbye' first so maybe you should crawl into a corner and die

Dusty
no shit anyone seen the movie would now that.whats your point.
and technically he first wrote 'the hard goodbye' first

According to your previous post, you stated that the movie opened up with "The Hard Goodbye" featuring Marv.

i loved the movie though and i know that the begging was frank's work, but it would of made sence to open it with the marv thing considering that was the first sin city he wrote.

And I stated that the movie opened up with Josh Harnett in 'The Customer is Always right'.

As for the "Crawling into a corner and die" thing, I think you'd better refrain from randomly bashing like that. You said an incorrect statement, and I corrected it. Case closed.

Jarshewa
learn to read-i new it opened up with hartnets boring scene-i said it would of been better to start it with marvs.

"you still got that corner"

Jarshewa
im gettin booted any way

but your still wrong.

Jarshewa
and "the customer is always right" wasnt his first work in sin city-man your dumb

they still got that corner

Dusty
learn to read-i new it opened up with hartnets boring scene-i said it would of been better to start it with marvs.

Ah I see. The sentence structure you used in that post is very vague and confusing. But now that you pointed it out, I see what you mean. But IMO, it would have made more sense to open it up with 'The Customer is Always right', so that the ending would make sense and the film would feel more complete.

and "the customer is always right" wasnt his first work in sin city-man your dumb

I know this. I was talking about the Movie. The first graphic novel was branded 'Sin City', and the story was re-named 'The hard Goodbye'

BackFire

The Hartnett scenes were perfect bookends to the film, it was a good way to slowly lower the viewer into this strange city, beginning right off the bat with Marv would have been a bit jarring.

Stop insulting people.

LiL nAstY GirL
Yeah, it was genius how they opened with him, and then closed with him. If you were to actually read some of the novels, you'd realize some of the better ones are the short stories, including my favorite, Blue Eyes

Solo

Harnett's opening of Sin City is one of my favorite scenes of all time. His character has so much potential.

Lord Shadow Z
Probably 'Blade', I watched it a couple of days ago and was thinking 'this is one hell of an opening ' watching him demolish vampires in the club scene. The best action sequence in the film I would say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.