Protesting Funerals of Dead Soldiers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/2178.html

Stunning, just stunning.

As soon as I think people can't get any more idiotic, I am proven wrong.

Thankfully the government stepped in and banned this type of conduct within 500 feet of the funerals. Some might say that doing that goes against free speech.

And people wonder why religion get's so much bad publicity, it's because of people like this that validates so many peoples distain for religions and their followers.

PVS
funny how now its all of the sudden a priority. meanwhile where was the urgency in stopping assholes from "practicing their right to free speech" by going to a gay guy's funeral with signs like "burn in hell f@ggot" etc?

dont get me wrong, im glad something is being done, but i just find it sad that troop support is the only motivation to stop people from desecrating a funeral.

Arachnoidfreak
I love hating these kinds of Christians.

"taking the cup of gods wrath and putting it to your lips and making you drink it'

It'd be good if she was hit by a car. While still on television.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by BackFire

Stunning, just stunning.

Thankfully the government stepped in and banned this type of conduct within 500 feet of the funerals. Some might say that doing that goes against free speech.

And people wonder why religion get's so much bad publicity, it's because of people like this that validates so many peoples distain for religions and their followers. what the hell is that shit? damn...

Darth Jello
There is actually a gang of biker's who's name I forget-freedom riders or something like that who travel to the same funerals of homosexuals, AIDS victims, and soldiers and set up a perimeter of american flags to stop mourners from seeing phelps and his moronic cult family.

Darth Jello
Now, having actually watched the video. I gotta say two things.
1. shame on hannity and combs for giving these loons exposure
2. kudos to hannity and combs for ridiculing and attacking this *****. My rebuttal to her would be this- Circle VIII:Malebolge-Bolgia 9-reserved for false prophets preaching violence, sowers of schisms and dischord. They are forced to walk in circles in the trench for eternitiy while demons armed with swords inflict horrible wounds on them.

btw-this may be just the low resolution or my own vision (i have pretty bad astigmatism and only one of my eyes can tell the difference between red and green), but did anyone else get the impression that her eyes were glowing crimson?

Mišt
It would be funny if they died and no one turned up to their funeralsno expression

'God is punishing them for going to war..'

Yeah, how about all the preachers go to Iraq and ask nicely if the war will stop, Ill bet that'll work no expression

Darth Macabre
I'm sorry, but I find that sort of behavior disgusting. This a time and place for that sort of thing, but not at a funeral.

Capt_Fantastic
Should we comment without the expertise of our christian brothers?

Oh, it doesn't matter?

Screw them. They left the rest of us behind a long time ago. Just like God.

mechmoggy
This just plain sickens me.

Darth Jello
The Westboro Baptist Church are not Christians. Phelps was defrocked, or whatever after punching a crying infant during a sermon.

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The Westboro Baptist Church are not Christians. Phelps was defrocked, or whatever after punching a crying infant during a sermon.

Love thy neighbour aye ...

Back to the point , that ***** needs a serious ass kicking, it's a funeral for Jebus sake. Their is a reason people go their in black . It's time to be sombre and reflect upon the dead's achievements in life and to say your final farewell's . Not a time to deal with some pseudo Christian who thinks it's right to desecrate this event.

Nevermind
I caught this on CNN. It's absolutely disgusting. I'm a huge supporter for the right of freedom of speech but this goes way too far. They may have that right but these families have the right to a peaceful funeral, especially a funeral for a man who died for his country. The protests these people bring forth are so wack. I mean seriously because homosexuality is made acceptable by the country those who die for it shouldn't deserve a decent funeral? Un-f*cking-believable.

Syren
"The fact that you use religion to justify your hatred this way, is frankly, it's mind-numbing."

Well said.

Darth Macabre
"You are an abomination; you aught to be ashamed of yourself"

Now that right there says it all.

Mišt
I like how she says its all part of God's wrath....yet wrath is a sin.

Syren
laughing

You must understand, God Almighty is exempt! "Do as I say, not as I do..." or something.

Aurora
Watching that made me sick to my stomach. That woman (and anyone who agrees w/ her stupid theroies) is completely loony and dilusional.

It is sad that the freedom to speak such things is protected by the soldiers that are getting attack by it. sad

Soleran
Thats super we have a group of people practicing freedom of speech!

What a fantastic message they have to deliver. Go drop them deep in the South American rain forest, God will take care of them there.

Syren
laughing

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Soleran
Thats super we have a group of people practicing freedom of speech!

What a fantastic message they have to deliver. Go drop them deep in the South American rain forest, God will take care of them there.

Not such a historically uncommon action. At times way back the Church would send troublesome people out as missionaries to distant places. Out of sight, out of mind.

These people clearly have no respect, no common sense, in fact no sense at all, and should not intrude upon something as personal or emotional as a funeral.

Aurora
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura

These people clearly have no respect, no common sense, in fact no sense at all, and should not intrude upon something as personal or emotional as a funeral.

Exactly.

Soleran
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura

Well freedom of speech doesn't really take into account other peoples' feelings, besides God was on their side, Amen Brother thank God for 9/11 and AIDS....................wow cult of kool-aide drinkers.

Eis
The Westboro Baptist Church are a bunch of morons who don't deserve half the coverage they get.
I agree with the decision of making this conduct illegal. (In these places)

Of course Uncle Sam waited for these "people" to go protesting on soldiers' funerals until they made it illegal.

debbiejo
Fanatics are really sickening....and the ones that don't attend to these functions, are at home thinking it.....

The Omega
Eh...
????
(Stunned and amazed)

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Eis
Of course Uncle Sam waited for these "people" to go protesting on soldiers' funerals until they made it illegal.

Indeed, where was this legislation when the Westboro Baptist Church was demonstrating at the funerals of Matthew Shepherd and other hate crimes victims, or at the funerals of people who died of AIDS?

Janus Marius
Triple post much? Anyways, this is mind-numbing... I don't have better words for it. Some people aren't good enough to lick my boots after I've walked through a shit pile.

Bardiel13
You think that's sickening? Well I dunno if you heard, but it seems picketing funerals just wasn't enough. Now, they're planning to terrorize soldiers who were crippled by IEDs in Iraq. I really hope one of those cripples packs a 9mm.

Hostage
This woman is ****ing insane, and I use ****ing, because she is that insane.

Darth Jello
Soleran, the rain forest is full of animals, indigens, and vegetation that these people may harm. God created a place for exiles and it's called Siberia.

as for terrorizing crippled soldiers. Well considering some of the symptoms of traumatic stress disorder, the problem may take care of itself in a very gruesome way.

debbiejo
........Yeah, they may really regret that move......

blowup

amity75
I watched the video and the woman really wants to get her hairstyle sorted out before she starts making a fool of herself.

Jonathan Mark

Stunning, just stunning.

And people wonder why religion get's so much bad publicity, it's because of people like this that validates so many peoples distain for religions and their followers.

Morons... mad

Christians like that piss me off. They make the rest of us look bad.

Dr. Strangelove
That woman has been on Howard Stern's show before with her kids who are just as stupid.

Sickening really.

Janus Marius
I'm surprised they haven't been rounded up and shot.

Soleran
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I'm surprised they haven't been rounded up and shot.

They might just thank god for that as well!

Darth Jello
No, that would make us no better than they. They should be taken care of the same way as the original klan. Take away their tax exempt status and let the IRS bankrupt the **** out of them.

Darth Macabre
No, that would make us no better than they. They should be taken care of the same way as the original klan. Take away their tax exempt status and let the IRS bankrupt the **** out of them.

laughing

Darth Jello
Thats the thing about bigots. They're so paranoid about good accounting being a Jewish stereotype that they usually go bankrupt as soon as people start collecting taxes.

Janus Marius
They should be forced to clean the highways named after a gay celebrity. Like Tom Cruise.

Darth Jello
If by that you mean Tom Cruise's anus, i concur. If that guy ever adopted the highway there'd be a $25 scientology toll every 2 miles.

Capt_Fantastic
Long story short, there is a reality to the soldiers who die fighting this usless war. Despite their fighting a war that few agree with, except for the current administration, they died serving our country. For that, they should be saluted.

Punker69
Thats horrible. Stupid Baptist. Give religion a bad name. My pastor and anyone else i've talked to in my church has expressed great support for the soldiers. My pastor has done so openly in sermons. Im grateful he's not a hypocrite like these people. Its disgusting.

Just because you may not support the war doesn't mean you shouldn't support the soldiers. Besides, its one thing not to support the troops and its another to actually protest at one of their funerals.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Punker69
Give religion a bad name.

Oh no. Only those who practice it, but do not want to protect it, give it a bad name, while selling it to the highest bidder. They should act more like christ tells them to, than someone told them to act.

Darth Jello
THEY AREN'T BAPTISTS OR CHRISTIANS. THEY ARE A FAMILY BASED CULT AND TERRORIST ORGANIZATION.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Oh no. Only those who practice it, but do not want to protect it, give it a bad name, while selling it to the highest bidder. They should act more like christ tells them to, than someone told them to act.

Unfortunately many Christians have taken the "Christ" out of their religions, and beliefs.......They alway say "What would Jesus do"......Well, I can't imagine Jesus doing these sorts of things, in fact didn't he hang out with the sinner?

Darth Jello
I've said this about James Dobson, I'll say it about Fred Phelps. Real Christians don't punch infants.

Oh, and another Phelps gem:
"A good left hook makes for a right fine wife. Brethren, they can lock us up, but we'll still do what the Bible tells us to do. Either our wives are going to obey, or we're going to beat them!"

Soleran
Long story short, there is a reality to the soldiers who die fighting this usless war. Despite their fighting a war that few agree with, except for the current administration, they died serving our country. For that, they should be saluted.

Does majority mean they are correct?

WrathfulDwarf
Well, she using her freedom of speech. Can't blame her for that....but since I also happen to have that right....

...she's just a raving lunatic. Disturbing comments coming her...the wolf among the sheep.

Soleran
People always enjoy freedom of speech until an opposing party using that same right and shares their opinions, typically after that its not always as pretty.

Darth Jello
Threats are not protected speech.

Janus Marius
If by that you mean Tom Cruise's anus, i concur. If that guy ever adopted the highway there'd be a $25 scientology toll every 2 miles.

What kind of funeral rights to they have, I wonder?

Leo.M
That women belongs in nut house... and her smiling the whole time was creepy. messed

It's Christians like that i hate.

Darth Jello
Considering Fred's love affair with chemicals, it's quite possible that she was quite medicated along with the rest of her family.

debbiejo
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
...the wolf among the sheep. Yeah, not everyones like that.........though I think we need to install some wolf hunting licenses.. wink ........They should no longer be a protected species....

Soleran
Threats are not protected speech.

Where in the world did you get threats from, taking that a bit far.

Bardiel13
I just remembered by favorite Phelpsism- "George Bush worships Mr. Peanut!"

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. He actually said that during a sermon.

GCG
Too much aggravation going on in this world. Too many people dying & too many people fighting. And its all in the name of God and Religion.

Perhaps if we all start doing things in the name of Satan, situations might improve.

The Omega
GCG> Perhaps if we stopped doing stuff in the name of imagined deities who're not around to say "Not in my name" we'd be getting somewhere?

I do not mind religious people, I DO mind fanatics and extremists...

botankus
Originally posted by Soleran
People always enjoy freedom of speech until an opposing party using that same right and shares their opinions, typically after that its not always as pretty.

Another good point, Sol.

Bottom line is, people have the right to disagree. If you promote freedom of speech yet get upset when someone disagrees with you, forget the hypocrite part -- you're just weak. Plain and simple. Nothing wrong with being weak, if you can learn to live with it. If someone on this board needs help learning how to live while being weak, please call a counselor. If you need the number, please post and we'll try to find one in your area.

Let's all help each other out here.

debbiejo
Originally posted by GCG
Too much aggravation going on in this world. Too many people dying & too many people fighting. And its all in the name of God and Religion.

Perhaps if we all start doing things in the name of Satan, situations might improve. I agree........Though Satan is imaginary also....

GCG
Originally posted by The Omega
GCG> Perhaps if we stopped doing stuff in the name of imagined deities who're not around to say "Not in my name" we'd be getting somewhere?

I do not mind religious people, I DO mind fanatics and extremists...

Most definatly, you are right. Must be difficult getting that point across to all religions and people who have been practicing for all these years.

meep-meep

Stunning, just stunning.

Wow. What a crazy woman.
What's sad is she and her family probably feel like the criticsm they face from anyone who doesn't agree with them is all the more reason for them to continue acting the way they do. Kind of like they are being oppressed. Part of me feels sad for their idiocy but I think it'd do the world good if the FBI just relocated their family to someplace far away like the moon.

JacopeX
http://thatvideosite.com/view/2178.html

Im very pissed. This woman is not only an embarrasment to this country, but shes also and embarasment to relgious people. She jus made us look like fools. She talks so much stupid bullshit. I think she is eighter sick in the head or probably has a point. Yea wars are are not good but if your fighting for other and sacraficing, thats what god wants, sacrifices. this woman had to be such an ******* of herself and piss the news team off wit her bullshit. I hope she chokes and dies on her own spit.

What do you think of this woman's opinions? I know you guys would proably disagree with her but im just curious.

K.Diddy
I dont really care and wouldn't waste my time thinking about it,to be honest

Janus Marius
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400995&perpage=20&pagenumber=4

Here. Been posted before. And they've not Protestants; they've some sort of cult.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Janus Marius
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400995&perpage=20&pagenumber=4

Here. Been posted before. And they've not Protestants; they've some sort of cult. aww man. Well I thought they were just sick in the head and taking the religion the wrong way.

Alpha Centauri
Protestants, are they the opposite of CONtestants?

No?

-AC

lord xyz

Stunning, just stunning.

And people wonder why religion get's so much bad publicity, it's because of people like this that validates so many peoples distain for religions and their followers. and y'all wonder why I hate these people? roll eyes (sarcastic)

lord xyz
Philosophy is better than religion.

PVS
damn protestants!
but its the mormons you gotta watch out forlaughing out loud

jaco strikes again

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
damn protestants!
but its the mormons you gotta watch out forlaughing out loud

jaco strikes again Well, to be fair, Protestant comes from protesting.

faille
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
I love hating these kinds of Christians.

"taking the cup of gods wrath and putting it to your lips and making you drink it'

It'd be good if she was hit by a car. While still on television.
When i first saw that movie that was what i was saying i hope to god something happens to her. She is, and i hate to say this, a *****...
What kind of human is that. She needs help...

PINBALL
It blows my mind how much of total assholes these people are, it doesnt bother me when they protest war. When they have the balls to come to funerals of soldiers and say that God hates them and all this total bull shit, it makes my blood boil. These soldiers died for them and this is how they repay them. These people in my oponion should be arrested. I know it would never happen because its there damn right, but I don't give a ****.

Koala MeatPie
I Love Those Kinds of Videos. My hate is justified.

I hate Fundamentalists.

I seriously F°cking hate them, Theya re brain dead idiots.

Don't worry, i proabably won'T affedn anybody here, seeing as the Internet is the "Work of the Devil" I'm sure they won't be reading this.

And if they are, SMITE MY ROUND WHITE ASS!

Anybody notice that they are simultaniously passing out Information about Cruise and Katie's baby?

Koala MeatPie
LOL My new Favorit Quote "how Dare you Fail to obey the Commandments of the lord"

She can't get mad at him, that would be a sin! lol! laughing pathetic animal fooL!

"And about 80% are are familly"

You think they in-breed?

CAUTION! the Terror Alert has been elevated. TO THE BOMB SHELTER ROBIN!

PVS
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie

Don't worry, i proabably won'T affedn anybody here, seeing as the Internet is the "Work of the Devil" I'm sure they won't be reading this

yeah, im sure whob wont even glaze over this thread.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, im sure whob wont even glaze over this thread.

your statment is kind of sad. Why? Because too many people have fallen for the politicalization of 9/11. If for no other reason, Bush and the christian conservatives should be booted out of office. People like Dorkerina think they're so well informed and are partial to teh truth. But nothing could be further from it. They're simply members of the personality cult. As Bill Maher said, they're lab rats hitting the pedal on teh right words. Morals. *pedal hit* values. *pedal hit* God *pedal hit* Terror *pedal hit* **** marrying *pedal hit* illegal immigration *pedal hit* White people =god *pedal hit* etc, etc, etc.

office jesus
...Okay. I've been off the forum for a while. This is the first time I've seen this shit. Whee. Fun times.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, to be fair, Protestant comes from protesting. Thats what I ment. Or are they called something else to? I didnt know.

KidRock
Just more proof that protesters with picket signs are the biggest dumbasses on the planet.

JacopeX
Originally posted by KidRock
Just more proof that protesters with picket signs are the biggest dumbasses on the planet. The only ones im with are the immigrants. Always. but the rest liek the KFC protesters are the worst.

Darth Jello
would you prefer the anarchist method of protesting to marches and picket lines?

Darth Jello
Those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, look up the early 20th century, especially a certain registered Republican, Anarchist, and part time presidential assassin named Leon Czolgosz

Capt_Fantastic
Just more proof that protesters with picket signs are the biggest dumbasses on the planet.

That kind of seems limited of you. Care to ellaborate?

Originally posted by JacopeX
The only ones im with are the immigrants. Always. but the rest liek the KFC protesters are the worst.

But, why are you with them? Without question?

But, the definition of "Republican" has changed dramatically over time. Simply shooting the president doesn't carry over as well as it once did.

Darth Jello
I'm just saying that if you ban non-violent protests or respond violently to them like in the beginning of the last century, all your gonna get is violence in the streets and world leaders being offed by crazy anarchists on a weekly basis, just like then.

Capt_Fantastic
I'm just saying that if you ban non-violent protests or respond violently to them like in the beginning of the last century, all your gonna get is violence in the streets and world leaders being offed by crazy anarchists on a weekly basis, just like then.

McKinley didn't ban violent protest, or protests otherwise. He was shot over the assumed disparity between one class and another.

office jesus

Hear, hear.

Darth Jello
McKinley didn't ban violent protest, or protests otherwise. He was shot over the assumed disparity between one class and another.

one word-
Pinkerton

Capt_Fantastic
one word-
Pinkerton

Fine...he was shot! Let's just assume it was for the right reasons!

Adam_PoE
Shirley Phelps Roper

PVS
yeah, she's a riot
got hates soldiers, got hates gays, god hates america.

i bet god hates psychotic whores too...

meep-meep
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Shirley Phelps Roper

To quote waylonx3:

"wow what a psycho cuntface."

Or my personal fav, getthewordout23:

" Here's her address and phone #'s have fun!

Brent and Shirley Roper

3640 SW Churchill Rd

Topeka, KS 66604

785-273-7262

785-273-0277

785-273-1080"

Sorry mods please don't ban me.....

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by meep-meep
Topeka, KS

PVS
HA!!!! enough said, right?

notice the zip code fear

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by meep-meep
Topeka, KS

laughing

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by PVS
notice the zip code fear

haha, fitting

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
i bet god hates psychotic whores too...

only if they aren't thankful for dead soldiers...

Bardock42
Thank God for dead Shirley Phelps Ropers

Bardiel13
I love how she tries to look serious and intelligent through out that whole thing. Then she smiles. God, I hate her...

WrathfulDwarf
Your prayers have been answer

PVS
Congress bars military funeral protesters.

however you may desecrate anyone else's funeral.

Capt_Fantastic
I don't know. I think the protests should be allowed. It's just too bad that good taste has no place in modern life. I don't see how it's constitutional to ban any sort of protest, as long as it's peaceful. I might not agree with the protests, but I think it's their right to do so.

Aziz!

Stunning, just stunning.

Regardless of what one thinks about the war, this is too far.
And so is yelling "Burn in hell ******" and gay funerals.

Lord Urizen
For once Aziz....you and I agree on something.

Adam_PoE
I don't know. I think the protests should be allowed. It's just too bad that good taste has no place in modern life. I don't see how it's constitutional to ban any sort of protest, as long as it's peaceful. I might not agree with the protests, but I think it's their right to do so.

A law suit has already been filed in Kentucky challenging the consitutionality of the "Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act."

Aziz!
A law suit has already been filed in Kentucky challenging the consitutionality of the "Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act."

I don't think it should be legal, that's just too much.

PVS
but it could very well be a slippery slope.
next you'll be forbidden from protesting...anything

Aziz!
Originally posted by PVS
but it could very well be a slippery slope.
next you'll be forbidden from protesting...anything

Countries like Germany have done just fine.

PVS
Originally posted by Aziz!
Countries like Germany have done just fine.

no they havent.

Aziz!
Originally posted by PVS
no they havent.

After Berlin wall silly.

PVS
After Berlin wall silly.

i know. their laws on censorship are bullshit, and will most likely lead to yet more censorship.

Naga Sadow13
I think thats absolutely sick. Religions have gone over the edge recently w/ extremism. However not all religious people act like that thank God.

WrathfulDwarf
Is it too much to ask these people to just shut the hell up and let dead rest in peace? *beep*

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i know. their laws on censorship are bullshit, and will most likely lead to yet more censorship.

What's wrong with our laws?

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
even if ppl dont believe in something, a funeral is supposed to be a respectful thing, protesting in a situation like this is rude and should not be allowed, regardless of the law. thats disrespectful, and i dont even support the war.

Rapscallion
I agree. here's the thing though. One of our most important rights is our freedom of speech, and it is the governments job to protect its ideals. However it is even more important for a government to protect its people that's why they should be able to ban protesting funerals. If the family members of the dead soldiers feel threatened by these incredibly hateful people, the government has every right to do what is necessary to make sure they feel safe. Disorderly conduct was banned within 500feet of a funeral procession. These nut jobs are still aloud to protest. They just can't do it in a way that aims their hatred at a specific individual like they were when they were attending the funerals of dead soldiers.

Lord Urizen
Guys...Freedom of Speech has limits.

In the event where one's voice could inevitably cause a public riot on the spot, the freedom of speech is overruled, and that person is charged with a Crime.

Protesting on the grounds of a funeral, where family members are sensitive to thier relative's deaths, and less likely to stay rational may EASILY lead to a violent outbreak between funeral attendees and protestors against the War.

Protestors who protest on Funeral Grounds are in TOTAL violation of the families and late soldiers, and in no way can Freedom of Speech protect them from thier crime. Not to mention disturbing the peace and public endangerment.

Adam_PoE
To quote attorney Lili S. Lutgens, "We cannot prohibit free expression because we don't like certain activities, nor can we suppress the speech of groups or individuals simply because we find their message distasteful... The First Amendment applies to everyone."

Rapscallion
but protesting at a soldier's funeral is more than distasteful. It is threatening to the families of the soldiers, as well as to gay people. If people are holding up signs that promote violent acts against innocence, the government must do something to stop them.

Lord Urizen
To quote attorney Lili S. Lutgens, "We cannot prohibit free expression because we don't like certain activities, nor can we suppress the speech of groups or individuals simply because we find their message distasteful... The First Amendment applies to everyone."

LIKE I ALREADY SAID

this is more than distasteful. It's DANGEROUS.

Would you provoke a woman who has her period ? Would you provoke a man who is bipolar ?

Why provoke a family who are torn up by the death of a loved one with redicious INTRUSIVE and violate protests ?

This will more than likely result in VIOLENT backlash and riot.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH is limitted WHEN a person's or people's lives become endangered...do you understand ?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
FREEDOM OF SPEECH is limitted WHEN a person's or people's lives become endangered...do you understand ?
You do realize that these assine protesters are not threatening anyone? So you're point is... moot.

Lord Urizen
You do realize that these assine protesters are not threatening anyone? So you're point it... moot.

thumb down WRONG

Protestors coming to a Funeral Service to protest are just waiting for a BRAWL to occur.

You want to violate the privacy and disrespect an entire family of people who are devestated over the death of thier loved one.

You don't think there's any physical harm being risked ? You don't think the irrationality of emotion being fueled by BOTH sides, family members and protestors could cause a fight ?

Yes bro...Lives can be endangered in this kind of situation.

Bardock42
But the protesters are not actively harming anybody. So if there is harm, it will have been started by the attendants of the funeral.

Jonathan Mark
You do realize that these assine protesters are not threatening anyone? So you're point it... moot.

thumb down WRONG

Protestors coming to a Funeral Service to protest are just waiting for a BRAWL to occur.

You want to violate the privacy and disrespect an entire family of people who are devestated over the death of thier loved one.

You don't think there's any physical harm being risked ? You don't think the irrationality of emotion being fueled by BOTH sides, family members and protestors could cause a fight ?

Yes bro...Lives can be endangered in this kind of situation.

You know I hate these sick bastards as much as you do...

But NO you're wrong. Unless someone actually physically attempts to harm one of the mourners... there is nothing no one can do about it.

You can't just say "oh well since violence might occur we had better stop them, even though so far no violence has happened". Right of Free Speech prevents it. Yes I know it's a stupid technicality but guess what, this hell hole of a world is full of bullshit technicalities.

Lord Urizen

You have no idea how much I dislike them. Hate? No, i don't hate someone i dont know.

But NO you're wrong. Unless someone actually physically attempts to harm one of the mourners... there is nothing no one can do about it.

Freedom of Speech is what we are talking about correct? So i never implied that it was thier intention to physically harm the mourners.

Does that mean violence is not an option ? No....

If there is an Irish Parade taking place in the city, and a group of racists interrupt the parade and say "$#$ the IRISH"!!!!....they are obviously risking a possible riot, and therefore freedom of speech will not protect them in this case.

You can't just say "oh well since violence might occur we had better stop them, even though so far no violence has happened"

If there MAY be sudden violence, then yes you can. You can say whatever you want, but not WHEREVER you want.

They are not only INTRUDERS to the funerals, and they are not only VIOLATING the privacy and respectability of the funeral, they are INSTIGATING with thier protests.

do you understand? Freedom of Speech does NOT protect against INTRUSION, TRESPASSING, VIOLATING PRIVACY, OR INSTIGATION.

. Right of Free Speech prevents it.

Nope ^ it doesnt in that case.

Yes I know it's a stupid technicality

Nope, like I already stated Freedom of Speech has its limits to where, when, and how you can say something.

but guess what, this hell hole of a world is full of bullshit technicalities.

True. But not in this case.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark

You can't just say "oh well since violence might occur we had better stop them, even though so far no violence has happened". Right of Free Speech prevents it. Yes I know it's a stupid technicality but guess what, this hell hole of a world is full of bullshit technicalities.
Again you're trying to argue against the First Amendment....

Lili S. Lutgens, "We cannot prohibit free expression because we don't like certain activities, nor can we suppress the speech of groups or individuals simply because we find their message distasteful... The First Amendment applies to everyone."

Are you gonna argue with him? A government official? While I agree with in you the fact that these assholes need to be stopped, its moot since well unless violence does break out, no one is gonna stop them since they are protected by the First Amendment.

It's the same reason we allow white supremacy groups to do their parades. Sad but true.

PVS
What's wrong with our laws?

censorship

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
censorship

Where? When? Who?

PVS
Where? When? Who?

oh didnt we argue this to death with no conclusion a long time ago? please not again sick

hint: it had to do with censorship of hate groups.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
oh didnt we argue this to death with no conclusion a long time ago? please not again sick

hint: it had to do with censorship of hate groups.

No, I wonder what exactly you found wrong about german laws regarding that?

Because I have no clue what you are talking about that.

PVS
No, I wonder what exactly you found wrong about german laws regarding that?

Because I have no clue what you are talking about that.

i'm saying that censorship past the level of threatening or engangering others (yelling 'fire' in a movie theater, etc) crosses the line imho. once that line is crossed, tell me...where is the next line?

also i disagree with forcing such groups, which very much exist, out of the public's eyes, ears, and minds.

that was my final point, and we could take it no further.... if i remember correctly. basically: i felt it was a slippery slope and you disagreed....for like 6 frikin pages stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i'm saying that censorship past the level of threatening or engangering others (yelling 'fire' in a movie theater, etc) crosses the line imho. once that line is crossed, tell me...where is the next line?

also i disagree with forcing such groups, which very much exist, out of the public's eyes, ears, and minds.

that was my final point, and we could take it no further.... if i remember correctly. basically: i felt it was a slippery slope and you disagreed....for like 6 frikin pages stick out tongue

I still do....but I don't want to argue that now.

Maybe I'm a little too patriotic, but I don't understand what is wrong with German Law regarding it...

Although....we could disagree for another 6 pages if you want.

PVS
But the protesters are not actively harming anybody. So if there is harm, it will have been started by the attendants of the funeral.

so then, by this logic how is it justified to ban a nazi salute as harmful and threatening?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
so then, by this logic how is it justified to ban a nazi salute as harmful and threatening?

By my reasoning? No point in doing that. Find it pretty bad.

But I was mostly replying to that:

Countries like Germany have done just fine. Originally posted by PVS
no they havent.

How did we not do fine?

PVS
By my reasoning? No point in doing that. Find it pretty bad.

But I was mostly replying to that:

How did we not do fine?

by taking a step over that line. the line: banning speech which is not harmful or threatening.

thats how.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
by taking a step over that line. the line: banning speech which is not harmful or threatening.

thats how.

We didn't do fine? Are you crazy or something?

PVS
We didn't do fine? Are you crazy or something?

what they did was just was we DID: ban speech which is neither harmful nor threatenting.

so if they did do fine by that, then please explain why. why was it a good idea?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
what they did was just was we DID: ban speech which is neither harmful nor threatenting.

so if they did do fine by that, then please explain why. why was it a good idea?

I find it wrong to do it. But it didn't do much it is just a small part of censorship....and it didn't really cause a slippery slope...so we are still fairly free just not allowed to scream Heil Hitler and spray Swastikas everywhere.

PVS
I find it wrong to do it. But it didn't do much it is just a small part of censorship....and it didn't really cause a slippery slope...so we are still fairly free just not allowed to scream Heil Hitler and spray Swastikas everywhere.

but you use extremes. screaming can be considered a public disturbance, and vandalism is also against the law regardless.
you are forbidden making a nazi solute. as unsavory as that gesture
is, it neither harms nor threatens anyone. so it is thus a restriction of free speech based on only ONE fact: you would offend people. once a single law like that is passed it becomes exponentially easier to pass another which is yet more frivilous and uselesz. thats what i was pointing out.

:edit: screw it i'll keep the awkwardz misspelling

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
but you use extremes. screaming can be considered a public disturbance, and vandalism is also against the law regardless.
you are forbidden making a nazi solute. as unsavory as that gesture
is, it neither harms nor threatens anyone. so it is thus a restriction of free speech based on only ONE fact: you would offend people. once a single law like that is passed it becomes exponentially easier to pass another which is yet more frivilous and uselesz. thats what i was pointing out.

:edit: screw it i'll keep the awkwardz misspelling

Just that it didn't happen in Germany.

PVS
Just that it didn't happen in Germany.

what didnt happen?

:edit: oh, i understand.
yes, it didnt happen. yet. whats that prove? nothing really.

Lord Urizen

You have no idea how much I dislike them. Hate? No, i don't hate someone i dont know.

Freedom of Speech is what we are talking about correct? So i never implied that it was thier intention to physically harm the mourners.

Does that mean violence is not an option ? No....

If there is an Irish Parade taking place in the city, and a group of racists interrupt the parade and say "$#$ the IRISH"!!!!....they are obviously risking a possible riot, and therefore freedom of speech will not protect them in this case.

You can't just say "oh well since violence might occur we had better stop them, even though so far no violence has happened"

If there MAY be sudden violence, then yes you can. You can say whatever you want, but not WHEREVER you want.

They are not only INTRUDERS to the funerals, and they are not only VIOLATING the privacy and respectability of the funeral, they are INSTIGATING with thier protests.

do you understand? Freedom of Speech does NOT protect against INTRUSION, TRESPASSING, VIOLATING PRIVACY, OR INSTIGATION.

. Right of Free Speech prevents it.

Nope ^ it doesnt in that case.

Yes I know it's a stupid technicality

Nope, like I already stated Freedom of Speech has its limits to where, when, and how you can say something.

but guess what, this hell hole of a world is full of bullshit technicalities.

True. But not in this case.

Lord Urizen
Freedom of Speech does NOT protect against INTRUSION, TRESPASSING, VIOLATING PRIVACY, OR INSTIGATION.

That is the CRUX of my argument

PVS
Freedom of Speech does NOT protect against INTRUSION, TRESPASSING, VIOLATING PRIVACY, OR INSTIGATION.

That is the CRUX of my argument

intrusion, tresspassing, and privacy? what if protests take place outside property lines? and instigation is a very loose term.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
what didnt happen?

:edit: oh, i understand.
yes, it didnt happen. yet. whats that prove? nothing really.

Just that you shouldn't claim that it did bad for germany.

PVS
Just that you shouldn't claim that it did bad for germany.

i didnt claim that it did bad for germany.
i claimed that it did nothing "fine"

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i didnt claim that it did bad for germany.
i claimed that it did nothing "fine"

No you claimed that Germany wasn't doing fine.....difference. Claimk.

debbiejo
Germany has good brats.....................mmmmmmmmmmm.....and they wear those little suspenders.......

*ok gonna go*

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>