Legend of Bolt Squadron, a starcraft story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaxican_Hydra
Chapter 1

"Watch that crossfire Bolt 3!"

"I copy, Leader."

"Their all over me!"

"Keep it together Bolt 5! Providing assistance."

"I copy 1. "I'll hold out as long as I can."

Captain Daniel Sadow gritted his teeth as he pulled his Wraith into a steep dive. He rolled slightly as a rogue glave wurm whizzed past his ship. He righted himself and scanned the battle field for Bolt 5, or Taurus Ornowinski. He found Bolt 5 on the outskirts of the main battle field, being trailed by three Mutalisks. He was doing a good job of evading their shots, but not good enough as his hull was visibly smoking and glowing with heat. It was only a matter of time before the hull completely deteriorated. Daniel kicked on the afterburners and felt the lurch as his Wraith suddenly got a massive speed boost. Within seconds he was trailing the Mutalisks that were trailing 5. He waited until he had a lock, than fingered the firing trigger, sending two Gemini missiles at the Mutalisk directly in front of him. One of the missiles missed it's target, spinning off into oblivion, while the second one struck home, creating a small explosion that ripped off the Muatlisk's left wing, along with the entire bottom half of it's body. Daniel rolled to the left to avoid the carcass of the dead Mutalisk, than focused on his next target.

"One down, two to go 5."

"Roger that Captain. Hull capacity at 65 percent."

Just as he got a target lock on one of the Mutalisk, both of them abruptly did a loop dee loop, righting themselves behind him. Daniel made a tight turn to the right just as the two Mutalisk fired their glave wurms. One wurm grazed his left wing, while the second wurm hit him straight in the aft. He flinched as his ship rocked from the impact, and his on-board computer made a wailing sound, indicating that his aft hull was below 30 percent. "Damn it." he muttered to himself as he turned off the alarm and took gripped his control stick with both hands, bringing control back to his rocking ship. He glanced backward to see the two Mutalisk still following him. Than, abruptly, one of the Muatlisk suddenly exploded in a burst of blood. Daniel grinned as Bolt 5 flew through the explosion. "Thanks 5!. Remind me to buy you a beer when we get back. I can handle this last one."

"No problem Captain, thank you for the save earlier actually. And a beer sounds good." Bolt 5 responded in his southern drawl.

Daniel smiled and looked back to see if the one Mutalisk was still following him. It was, and this was confirmed when it fired a glave wurm right up Daniels engines. Luckily he dipped downwards, narrowly dodging the blast, than cut his power completely and reversed thrusters. Sending him shooting backwards. Daniel switched back to forward thrusters. Now that he was behind the Muatlisk the hunter had turned into the hunted. The Mutalisk, realizing it's mistake, tried to turn hard to the left in hopes of getting behind Daniel again, but it was to late. The Mutalisk made one final scream as it was blown apart by Daniel's twin Gemini missiles.

Daniel turned around and headed back to the main battle field. He didn't realize how far away he was from the rest of his squadron. Bolt 5 had already gotten back into the fray, but Daniel was at least a few thousand meters away from the battle. As he couldn't see most of it. suddenly a burst of static hissed on his radio, and a blinding white light filled the view of his canopy, making him shield his eyes. When the light died down and he was able to see he gasped at what had replaced it. The one bright light had been replaced with several smaller flashes of bluish-white lights, mixed in with the redish-yellow of explosions, and accompanied by the death-screams of his squadron.

"Their-their everywhere I can't-ahhh!!!!"

"Damn it we lost 3!"

"Keep it together I-"

"5? 5?!!?!!! Oh my god, we lost 5! Theirs just to many of em'!-

Daniel felt a lurch in his stomach. "I'm coming guys, I'm coming!" He screamed into his radio mike which was attached to his helmet. Daniel almost hurled as his Wraith went from top speed to a complete stand still in almost two seconds. He yelped as his head bounced off his console. He stared in disbelief as his controls red that he had no power to move at all, his sensors were offline as well as weapons. He glanced out of his canopy as a Protoss Arbitor flew past him, heading toward the dying down battle. With stunning realization Daniel knew that he was caught in a stacis-field, cast by the Arbitor. He stared with loathing at the Arbitor than with relief when it got blown to pieces by a fleeing, and badly damaged Battle Cruiser. The Battle Cruiser turned from the wreckage of the Arbitor, and noticing for the first time Daniel's Wraith, came toward him. Daniel closed his eyes and waited for his retrieval...

Blaxican_Hydra
Comments?

Twilight Janick
So you're claiming this is set during either New Gettysburg (original Starcraft, Terran Campaign, Chapter 8 or 9?) or Omega (Brood War, Zerg Campaign, Chapter 10)?

Blaxican_Hydra
Its during Mensgk's reign as Emperor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.