Lucifer and Michael vs Entire Marvel Universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
Excluding the Tribunal.

The_Olympian
Eternity?

leonheartmm
lol, even if u include the tribunal it doesnt make a difference. nothing short of TOAA can actually take down even one of the two.

The_Olympian
Lucifer can take on Judgement Personified?

leonheartmm
yup. he can. hes beyond all conccepts and constraints even the omniversal abstract law makers like the endless have no domain over him and he can make them from scratch.

Thunderstrike
Neither have any power in the MU. They both die at the hands of a short canadian with claws

leonheartmm
they dont need to be in their own universes to have power they are VESSELS of pure power and will, its not their domain that gives them power{like odin etc} but they MAKE domains out of their on power, either one will eat the marvel multiverse for a snack.

The_Olympian
We're talking lucifer as in Satan, right? I would consider GOD judgement personified and God WAILED on Satans ass..

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by leonheartmm
they dont need to be in their own universes to have power they are VESSELS of pure power and will, its not their domain that gives them power{like odin etc} but they MAKE domains out of their on power, either one will eat the marvel multiverse for a snack.

no

If they're outside of DC, they have no power. You can blather on about power personified and so forth, but you're full of crap. Kinda like saying Jean Grey could pull the planet apart?

leonheartmm
u freakin retard jean currently CAN rip the planet apart. and your stupid stubborness wont change the fact that lucifer and micheal arent beings who GET their powers from anywhere, quite the opposite all other things get their power from THEM. both of them are omniversal beings able to retain thair power in any reality, dc, vertigo, marvel etc. sayin im full of crap is just another way to deny the argument that your retarted mind obviously can not come to grasp.

Jabba the Hutt
It's called teamwork.

Superherovandal
actually yes Michael contains his demiurgic powers (or Yahweh's power)within his body and Lucifer contains the will of Yahweh. SO they would win.

Thunderstrike
u freakin retard jean currently CAN rip the planet apart. and your stupid stubborness wont change the fact that lucifer and micheal arent beings who GET their powers from anywhere, quite the opposite all other things get their power from THEM. both of them are omniversal beings able to retain thair power in any reality, dc, vertigo, marvel etc. sayin im full of crap is just another way to deny the argument that your retarted mind obviously can not come to grasp.

Oooh. Awww, what's the matter. Did I make a fanboy mad? I'm sooo scared. Hey, guess what? Thor>Nate Grey.

S.S
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Oooh. Awww, what's the matter. Did I make a fanboy mad? I'm sooo scared. Hey, guess what? Thor>Nate Grey.
laughing out loud Good one

Jabba the Hutt
Thanos gets a hold of a little thing called the Heart of the Universe. BAM! No more Lucifer and Micheal.

Superherovandal
I really doubt that that would work on them as Micheal would protect them with the demiurgic power. and its not like Thanos has that on like a day to day basis.

Mordum
WHAT!@!? Where is it stated that if michael or lucifer went into Marvel universe they would keep their powers. Stop talking out of your ass.

kevdude
Well when The Spectre has been in the Marvel Universe he hasn't lost any of his powers so why would they??

Mider
dont listen to them when they say such and such would lose there power in this place or that place its a really lame excuse to hide the fact that they have no good excuse or defense, lucifer and micheal have been in the void lol they have been in nothingness perioud and still have there powers what is one multiverse away gonna stop them even if that is true its bull excuse.

Jabba the Hutt
Mider, you're worse than Numan. Check out the star wars vs forum to find out who Numan is.

Mordum
The spectre was never really in the marvel universe foo it was called the amalgam universe.

So what if they have been in nothingness still doesnt mean they have their powers in marvel. That nothingness was still within the books of vertigo or dc comics.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Mider
dont listen to them when they say such and such would lose there power in this place or that place its a really lame excuse to hide the fact that they have no good excuse or defense, lucifer and micheal have been in the void lol they have been in nothingness perioud and still have there powers what is one multiverse away gonna stop them even if that is true its bull excuse.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000VCTEO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mordum
lol laughing

The_Olympian
Why is mider's comment one big run on sentence? I find it hard to read sad

Mider
the brothers win this easily and wasnt the spectre in the Marvel universe during jla/avengers?

Thunderstrike
the brothers win this easily and wasnt the spectre in the Marvel universe during jla/avengers?

No. They were in DC.

Mider
the brothers still win you know this?

Thunderstrike
the brothers still win you know this?

No, they don't. Can't use their powers if they're not in their home universes. The same laws don't apply. Flash can't tap into the speed force in Marvel, and so forth. Once again, the two get beat by a short canadian with metal claws.

Mider
thats a lame excuse which we all hopefully tend to ignore

The_Olympian
there's not even a PERIOD!!!!! Is there more to this sentence!?!?

Thunderstrike
Who is we? You and leonhart, whose fanboyisms stretch so far beyond reason that it's ridiculous! You probably think Gog can take Galactus! Seriously. The proof is right in front of you.
http://www.uwlax.edu/mvac/images/Glossary/Tool%20Kit2W.jpg
Common sense is a wonderful thing.

joesha28
Goodbye Marvel!

GalacticStorm
yup. he can. hes beyond all conccepts and constraints even the omniversal abstract law makers like the endless have no domain over him and he can make them from scratch.

Omniversal? confused

You do realise that if they were omniversal they'd be featured in Marvels cosmology as well.

Lets downgrade that to universal/multiversal right. Cool. wink

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I really doubt that that would work on them as Micheal would protect them with the demiurgic power. and its not like Thanos has that on like a day to day basis.

What feats from Michael have you seen to make you think he could do that?

Feats wise the brothers are beaten by anyone IG level and up. Possessing gods power doesnt automatically mean theyre unbeatable, its not as easy as that. Just look at the Spectre and he's an aspect of God.

leonheartmm
GS ur chokin on ur own crap again. leaving out the proven idiots........the brothers win.

"Who is we? You and leonhart, whose fanboyisms stretch so far beyond reason that it's ridiculous! You probably think Gog can take Galactus! Seriously. The proof is right in front of you."

lmao what PROOF it wud be nice if you actually gave any before claimin it was infront of every1.

and gs the endless have been proven to be omniversal beings as far as dc is concerned. not all omniversal beings are featured in other comics, eg. roma who came to stop wanda with the chaos wave was said to be the OMNIBVERSAL guardian in marvel but u dont see him prancin around in dc/vertogo/darkhorse do you? its a just a measure of power.

leonheartmm
spectre isnt an aspect of god, hell even the brothers arent really aspects. hes just another angel who fell with lucifer's rebellion and later became a tool for channeling the presence's wrath to redeam himself.

leonheartmm
and either one can create a multiverse by themselves and live to create more . they are atleast on megaversal power level.

olympian
Nah, Lucifer doesnt cut it.

Marvel still has Aunt May.

Mider
lucifer would womp anyone with the IG can the IG create a universe on a whim or servive a multiverse destroying blast with out getting a tan no it cant even travel to another universe with out losing its power.

BobbyD
I'm guessing the answer is no.....if only because of TOAA, who is The Presence in DC. Otherwise, I think they may take it. I am curious as to what an encounter would be like between LT and one of them. But, up against both? I don't think LT's chances are good.

Revolver Ocelot
Alright, new parameters.

Lucifer and Michael CAN use their powers in the Universe I'm setting this in.

Everyone in the MU is transported there. All their heroes unite / cosmic beings rally together

Can they stop these two?

spideycarnage
classic beyonder beats them

BobbyD
No, w/o TOAA. And the above was not necessary. They are creation's will and energy...tis not possible. They can create and destroy universes at will, regardless of location, and time.

Mider
stop using that stupid excuse then we would never have cross multiversal fights.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Alright, new parameters.

Lucifer and Michael CAN use their powers in the Universe I'm setting this in.

Everyone in the MU is transported there. All their heroes unite / cosmic beings rally together

Can they stop these two?

Much Better! big grin

Too much magic and brains in the MU really to be beat, and by putting the whole universe in there, you've got top tier reality warpers, and all of the Infinity Watch. MU shouldn't have much of a problem.

BobbyD
Mider, I didn't mean for it to be stupid. I understand the importance of $crossovers$. Let's say for instance, that for one brief moment in time. The DC and Marvel universe became one. Suddenly, we would have a different hierarchical scale of power. In this new suddenly created world of one, regardless of Marvel and DC being 2 different distinct universes, Michael and Lucifer would be able to wipe out its existence still, (if the powers ABOVE THEM allowed them to)...which I doubt would be the case. However, there is only 1 clearly more powerful entity than Michael and Lucifer if you crossed them TOGETHER, in my opinion, and that is the TOAA....aka The Presence. If he didn't want it to happen, it wouldn't. I'm sorry if this is disheartenign to you. Perhaps I'm overrating/exaggerating their limits, but I'm thinking not.

Mordum
One problem Marvel doesnt have a god/toaa so therefore the top feat will beat them both. Phoenix/HOTU will wipe them clean.

BobbyD
Again, this is something Michael and Lucifer can undo, no? Together, they have BOTH powers. So the HOTU destroys, but is that actually a victory for Marvel if it's self destruction?

Ha! Lucifer would laugh 'cause it would be exactly what he'd want, and Michael would scratch his head contemplating how this fits into The Presences's work.

Superherovandal
there isn't a mind in Marvel that can even come close to matching Lucifer and with Micheal MU is finished.

Deadpool14
what about Asteroth? and Rocket Racer!

Mider
since when have we included TOAA or THOTU in these kind of battles when i had spectre vs the MU i dont think i used TOAA i mean its a lame scapgoat.

The_Olympian
ummm why wouldn't they be included in the marvel universe? They're FROM MARVEL!!!

Mider
it doesnt matter thats bull to include them if we always included TOAA or the presance then no one would ever win so yeah its stuipd to make these kind of battles and place the TOAA or the presance into the fray, we usually only use the LT and below and since people think the LT is so great sometimes we dont even use the LT but just below him.

Thunderstrike
it doesnt matter thats bull to include them if we always included TOAA or the presance then no one would ever win so yeah its stuipd to make these kind of battles and place the TOAA or the presance into the fray, we usually only use the LT and below and since people think the LT is so great sometimes we dont even use the LT but just below him.

Hey, Mider. Living Tribunal tells them to go away then banishes them to another universe.
http://comolo.redsectorart.com/images/cosmic/images/livtrib1.jpg

LT FOR THE WIN!

The_Olympian
well then people need to be more specific during battle parameters.

leonheartmm
LT doesnt stand a snowball's chance in hell against either of the brothers. any1 lower than the TOAA cant even hope to take one let alone both of them out. only with the will of TOAA can they be beaten, no1 else in marvel stands a chance.

GalacticStorm
GS ur chokin on ur own crap again. leaving out the proven idiots........the brothers win.

"Who is we? You and leonhart, whose fanboyisms stretch so far beyond reason that it's ridiculous! You probably think Gog can take Galactus! Seriously. The proof is right in front of you."

lmao what PROOF it wud be nice if you actually gave any before claimin it was infront of every1.

and gs the endless have been proven to be omniversal beings as far as dc is concerned. not all omniversal beings are featured in other comics, eg. roma who came to stop wanda with the chaos wave was said to be the OMNIBVERSAL guardian in marvel but u dont see him prancin around in dc/vertogo/darkhorse do you? its a just a measure of power.

Show me where its stated anywhere that the Endless are omniversal beings. Until you can do so then that statement is false.

Roma is NOT an omniversal power she is a being who has been given the job of safeguarding the status quo of the omniverse. Big difference.

GalacticStorm
spectre isnt an aspect of god, hell even the brothers arent really aspects. hes just another angel who fell with lucifer's rebellion and later became a tool for channeling the presence's wrath to redeam himself.

The Spectre is an aspect of God, youre quite right he was a fallen angel however he was transformed into the embodiment of Gods wrath, his former self was erased.

Of course the brothers arent aspects of God, who ever tried to argue that? confused

GalacticStorm
lucifer would womp anyone with the IG can the IG create a universe on a whim or servive a multiverse destroying blast with out getting a tan no it cant even travel to another universe with out losing its power.

But Lucifer has done neither of those things Mider. Dont listen to fansites

Lucifer cannot and has not ever created a universe on a whim. The Vertigo universe was created by Yahweh and the brothers helped out a bit but on the most part they watched. Before the creation of his own universe, Lucifer had never made one before:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/7716032260.jpg&s=x11

The demiurgic blast was not multiversal. Some fanboy said that on his fansite. It was universal and the resultant matter was then used by Lucifer to shape his universe. Lucifer cannot make a universe on a whim, he needs aid to make a universe, he is the shaper whilst Michael is the creator.

Thunderstrike
GS FTW! Happy Dance

Thunderstrike
To be honest, Mider listens to a lot of fanboyisms and fansites and regards them as truths. He's the reason for the Slade Explained thread I created, just to clear the myths.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Superherovandal
there isn't a mind in Marvel that can even come close to matching Lucifer and with Micheal MU is finished.

Based on what? Whilst the brothers undoutably have great power their feats are far from the greatest and on top of that as far as we've been shown the brothers have little to no experience in taking down high level beings.

You cant assume that just because theyre linked with God that they will win without a doubt. We can only go by feats and the brothers ones really arent that impressive.

BobbyD
Bah! Hogwash, GS. wink The only one who really has a chance of stopping the bros is LT. But, I see it this way, it's 2 LTs (M & L) vs. 1 (LT himself). This to me is the essence of the fight.

The HOTU is useless in this context. Lucifer COULD actually convince Thanos to use it against his own universe, and thus scoring a victory by default....Marvel's self destruction.

grey fox
What are the brothers feats ?

I've heard that the brothers are bad-ass yet seen very few feat's , hell i've seen no scans of them. Ever.

Eternity
How can anyone come and say that well michael and lucifer van just come and destroy the mu impossible. What happened to marvels cosmic beings such as the tribunal PF IG and HOTU. You mean that lucifer and michael could just walts in and destroy the marvel univesrse without these guys doing anything about it no way. Pre rectonned beyonder wipes thiem out

BobbyD
Has it ever occurred to anyone that the reason why there are no feats with these two is because it wouldn't be "a feat"?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by BobbyD
Bah! Hogwash, GS. wink The only one who really has a chance of stopping the bros is LT. But, I see it this way, it's 2 LTs (M & L) vs. 1 (LT himself). This to me is the essence of the fight.

Thats all just your opinion im afraid and the brothers have no feats to support such an assessment.

The HOTU is useless in this context. Lucifer COULD actually convince Thanos to use it against his own universe, and thus scoring a victory by default....Marvel's self destruction.

Why is HOTU useless? How could Lucifer just come in and suddenly talk Thanos into destroying himself and the Marvel universe. Thats the most ridiculous thing ive heard in a very long time. wink

All opinion, none of it supported on panel.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox
What are the brothers feats ?

I've heard that the brothers are bad-ass yet seen very few feat's , hell i've seen no scans of them. Ever.

Aside from both helping to create a universe, they have no high level feats. They beat down on characters considerably lower than them in the hierarchy and fanboys get all worked up over it.

Theres nothing they've done which the IG and upwards cannot do. Im not saying they arent capable of more im just saying that you cant assume so and then try and present a battle strategy based on said assumptions. no

This aint directed at u GF so dont worry. wink

tiakocom
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Aside from both helping to create a universe, they have no high level feats. They beat down on characters considerably lower than them in the hierarchy and fanboys get all worked up over it.

Theres nothing they've done which the IG and upwards cannot do. Im not saying they arent capable of more im just saying that you cant assume so and then try and present a battle strategy based on said assumptions. no

This aint directed at u GF so dont worry. wink

preach on brother preach on laughing laughing laughing

BobbyD
Bullpoo-poo.

Tomato, to-mah-toe, GS.

laughing out loud

I see your point...it's logical and makes good sense, but I just don't agree with it because I think the bros are capable of so much more.

tiakocom
Bullpoo-poo.

Tomato, to-mah-toe, GS.

laughing out loud

I see your point...it's logical and makes good sense, but I just don't agree with it because I think the bros are capable of so much more.

goin by comic books then we gotta say GS has a point we need feats...personaly i dont see how the brothers can loose in either universe DC/marvel they would wipe it out of existance buts thats only me

Thunderstrike
by the bye, Lucifer isn't going to convince Thanos anything. Thanos is a lot smarter than most give him credit for. If he's got the HOTU in his hands, and Lucifer is saying use it on Marvel, Lucifer just signed his own death warrant. Thanos isn't trying to impress Death anymore. He turned her down for marriage after they mated. stick out tongue

tiakocom
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
by the bye, Lucifer isn't going to convince Thanos anything. Thanos is a lot smarter than most give him credit for. If he's got the HOTU in his hands, and Lucifer is saying use it on Marvel, Lucifer just signed his own death warrant. Thanos isn't trying to impress Death anymore. He turned her down for marriage after they mated. stick out tongue

man thats a bit far to much how can thanos be more clever than a being that was created well b4 him? thats jus silly after all the brothers are supposed to be TOAA first creation and he gave them both shit loads of powers thats jus my opinion so i may be wrong

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by tiakocom
goin by comic books then we gotta say GS has a point we need feats...personaly i dont see how the brothers can loose in either universe DC/marvel they would wipe it out of existance buts thats only me

Destroying a universe in and of itself is no big feat these days, however could the brothers do so with a variety of universal/multiversal fundamental forces a number of which have considerably better feats than them? Who knows, its debatable however an argument for the brothers cant be made based on assumption. We can only go by feats and feats wise they're beaten hands down, however if some of you wish to believe the bros are more powerful and would win then fair enough, thats understandable although not supported on panel. cool

illadelph12
I always found it funny how many posters on this board assumed Michael and Lucifer were untouchable because of the "demiurgic" powers Michael has and Lucifer's task of shaping creation.

Hell, Mider even went so far as to try to get me banned from the board when I first got here for posing a logical argument as to why LT would have jurisdiction over Lucifer.

If I remember correctly, didn't Lucifer have to get a note (approval) from God to leave creation, and then when he left creation, he used Michael's "death" to create a universe from the resultant release of Michael's demiurgic flame (or something like that).

What has Lucifer ever really done under his own power that would make him as untouchable as people on this board would make him seem?

I keep hearing how he's a master manipulator, but even Dr. Doom has pulled a fast one on a semi-"omnipotent" being (Mephisto in his own realm), and Doom doesn't even have the whole "I'm an angellic being" pedigree Lucifer can fall back.

I hear he can create universes, but didn't Franklin Richards create a succession of universes that he travelled through? Hell, haven't Captain Atom and Solar Man of the Atom created universes and multiverses respectively? And all 3 of these characters did it under their own power.

Lucifer can't even create, he simply molds what Michael releases.

He's a magical sperm sculptor. thumb down

BobbyD
Gimme back my sunglasses, GS!!! mad

tiakocom
Destroying a universe in and of itself is no big feat these days, however could the brothers do so with a variety of universal/multiversal fundamental forces a number of which have considerably better feats than them? Who knows, its debatable however an argument for the brothers cant be made based on assumption. We can only go by feats and feats wise they're beaten hands down, however if some of you wish to believe the bros are more powerful and would win then fair enough, thats understandable although not supported on panel. cool

man i aint sayin your wrong maybe im jus caught up between comic and reality for me the brothers are the creations of god himself, so thats jus my bad but goin comic wise i dont deny that they do indeed lacks enough feasible feats to say they can take on a the whole MU universe

BobbyD
Indeed. ^^

That's half the reason (and partially mine) why so many believe that they could wipe out the MU.

Templares
Does a non-jobbing Mephisto (now there's an oxymoron) and his brother, the archangel Uriel count as members of the MU? Throw in Ghost Rider as the Angel of Death/Lord of Hell and we will have a fight.

GalacticStorm
Indeed. ^^

That's half the reason (and partially mine) why so many believe that they could wipe out the MU.

But then thats still illogical because you could debatably call LT a creation of Marvels God (if TOAA is truly marvels supreme being as it seems) and you could argue that the Phoenix Force is linked to a supreme being as has been suggested previously, so that reasoning for favouring the brothers in and of itself is flawed, especially when the brothers have considerably lower level feats and (as IIadelph highlighted) they have a number of documented limitations i.e not being able to create something on the scale of a universe singlehanded (as many in Marvel can) they are not supreme unto themselves they must abide by the rules of creation.

So they are just as much under the thumb as gods other high level creations, they just dont have the feats as or the capability apparrently.

BobbyD
Whatever.

You still have my sunglasses, and I want them back! mad

GalacticStorm
Whatever.

You still have my sunglasses, and I want them back! mad

Boy u aint ready for these!! cool

BobbyD
Not cool, GS.

embarrasment sad

bean_machine
Boy u aint ready for these!! cool

LOL

grey fox
Abraxes and Entropy Take down the brothers easily , with the Void as backup....

bean_machine
Well since Michael and Lucifer are said to be the first things created by Yahweh and such other claims such as the two combined are close to Yahweh and such, it just seems for me to imagine them geting beat, even without on panel feats.

grey fox
Originally posted by bean_machine
Well since Michael and Lucifer are said to be the first things created by Yahweh and such other claims such as the two combined are close to Yahweh and such, it just seems for me to imagine them geting beat, even without on panel feats.

That made no sense in the slightest.

bean_machine
Hmm you are right. Oh well its early hung over and couldn't cadre less.

bean_machine
So here we go again

Well aren't michael and lucifer the first beings created by Yahweh? I am also under the impression that together they are both close in power to Yahweh.

If all this is true, then I have a hard time imagining the brothers loosing.

GalacticStorm
So here we go again

Well aren't michael and lucifer the first beings created by Yahweh? I am also under the impression that together they are both close in power to Yahweh.

If all this is true, then I have a hard time imagining the brothers loosing.

What relevance does them being the first beings Yahweh created have when they are shown and stated limits to their power on panel? Limits which are surpassed by the likes of the IG and beyond.

Together the brothers can create a universe, that does not equate them to Yahweh. Their powers derive from him and are dependent on him. When he left Vertigo creation their powers went on a downward spiral. So sorry to say but whoever gave you that impression was incorrect. The brothers have the potential to equate to the supreme being but that was only by embracing their birthright and claiming their positions as Yahwehs successors on Yahwehs Primum Mobile. Well as readers of Lucifer will know that ship has sailed and it was Elaine who went on to become Yahwehs successor.

illadelph12
Lucifer Morningstar = Overhyped, disgruntled, magical sperm sculptor with a metrosexual's sense of style and charm. thumb down

Other than out smarting people, none of his high end feats are directly resultant of his own power.

He sculpted his brother's discharge into his own universe after God let him leave the main creation into the void, and then when God left creation, Lucifer's lil world fell apart (literally).

I even saw him get punked by a giant cyclops wearing eyeshadow. thumb down

Then, he let a chick take his birthright because he wanted "to be his own person". thumb down

Lucifer's a f*ckin loser... thumb down

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by illadelph12
Lucifer Morningstar = Overhyped, disgruntled, magical sperm sculptor with a metrosexual's sense of style and charm. thumb down

Other than out smarting people, none of his high end feats are directly resultant of his own power.

He sculpted his brother's discharge into his own universe after God let him leave the main creation into the void, and then when God left creation, Lucifer's lil world fell apart (literally).

I even saw him get punked by a giant cyclops wearing eyeshadow. thumb down

Then, he let a chick take his birthright because he wanted "to be his own person". thumb down

Lucifer's a f*ckin loser... thumb down

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/11511574894.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/11512014295.jpg&s=x402

eek!

bean_machine
What relevance does them being the first beings Yahweh created have when they are shown and stated limits to their power on panel? Limits which are surpassed by the likes of the IG and beyond.

Together the brothers can create a universe, that does not equate them to Yahweh. Their powers derive from him and are dependent on him. When he left Vertigo creation their powers went on a downward spiral. So sorry to say but whoever gave you that impression was incorrect. The brothers have the potential to equate to the supreme being but that was only by embracing their birthright and claiming their positions as Yahwehs successors on Yahwehs Primum Mobile. Well as readers of Lucifer will know that ship has sailed and it was Elaine who went on to become Yahwehs successor.

Well I am not saying they are, but you'd think they would be. At least it makes sense im my twisted and very much so demented mind.

bean_machine
Well as readers of Lucifer will know that ship has sailed and it was Elaine who went on to become Yahwehs successor.

So does this mean that God is now a woman. eek!

GalacticStorm
So does this mean that God is now a woman. eek!

Yep in the Vertigo continuity. wink

bean_machine
Yep in the Vertigo continuity. wink

Hmmm, well thanks for the info. Oh BTW, are the Lucifer volumes worth reading. I hear good things about them.

GalacticStorm
Hmmm, well thanks for the info. Oh BTW, are the Lucifer volumes worth reading. I hear good things about them.

Theyre very good. I started reading Lucifer last summer and ive been hooked ever since. Its one of my fave titles. People do overhype him alot though.

illadelph12
I agree. The books are a very good read and a recommended read.

The problem is that as with most popular characters, Lucifer's popularity, and resultant reputation, exceeds his actual ability.

The same phenomona occurred when the V for Vendetta film came out. V was translated into a stellar (albeit not 100% loyal to the source material) film, and then you had V in threads facing people like Captain America or Spiderman or Punisher and having statements made about him that he's peak human, blah, blah, blah, all because he was the flavor of the month.

Lucifer, like Superman Prime, was a flavor of the month that many people would comment on but not many had actually read his books, so they state opinions based on hearsay and misinformed forum posts.

At best, Lucifer is a high end cosmic, and like the Spectre, is dependent on the power backing him to be potent. On his own without the will of Yahweh he's not much to talk about. He probably would have had serious trouble with the Anti-Monitor.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by illadelph12
I agree. The books are a very good read and a recommended read.

The problem is that as with most popular characters, Lucifer's popularity, and resultant reputation, exceeds his actual ability.

The same phenomona occurred when the V for Vendetta film came out. V was translated into a stellar (albeit not 100% loyal to the source material) film, and then you had V in threads facing people like Captain America or Spiderman or Punisher and having statements made about him that he's peak human, blah, blah, blah, all because he was the flavor of the month.

Lucifer, like Superman Prime, was a flavor of the month that many people would comment on but not many had actually read his books, so they state opinions based on hearsay and misinformed forum posts.

At best, Lucifer is a high end cosmic, and like the Spectre, is dependent on the power backing him to be potent. On his own without the will of Yahweh he's not much to talk about. He probably would have had serious trouble with the Anti-Monitor.

Preach on bro. yes

Where u been? U been too quiet recently!!!

Thanos_6383
So Lucifer got owned by a Cyclops wearing eyeliner huh

Superherovandal
I dont think they'll go down to Void or Abraxas or Entropy.

illadelph12
Preach on bro. yes

Where u been? U been too quiet recently!!!

I work for a Real Estate Tax Service and this time of year (March-April) is always busy for us, so I've been 'detained'.

I'll be making my presence more apparant going forward. I've only been able to skim the threads for the last month or so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.