Harry Potter Project

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MistressofSnape
This is so wrong... My English teacher has assigned a Harry Potter project. We watched the Goblet of Fire movie and now she wants us to start off where that ended and make an 10 page book on Harry's sixth year. We can't use any ideas from the 5th or 6th book. The beautifulness of the Order is out of reach and now I have to create something. I'm in a group of people who don't know lickety-split about the wonderful world Harry Potter and they want to move him to Atlanta. They don't even know who Dumbledore is! Harry Potter and Atlanta don't mix! How in the world is he going to be kidnapped by the Mafia from the Dursleys and shipped to Atlanta to be a drug hustler. These people seriously have been listening to too much hip-hop. It's coming out like a very bad urban novel. And to top it off we have to read it aloud. Embarrassment!

The Phantom
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
This is so wrong... My English teacher has assigned a Harry Potter project. We watched the Goblet of Fire movie and now she wants us to start off where that ended and make an 10 page book on Harry's sixth year. We can't use any ideas from the 5th or 6th book. The beautifulness of the Order is out of reach and now I have to create something. I'm in a group of people who don't know lickety-split about the wonderful world Harry Potter and they want to move him to Atlanta. They don't even know who Dumbledore is! Harry Potter and Atlanta don't mix! How in the world is he going to be kidnapped by the Mafia from the Dursleys and shipped to Atlanta to be a drug hustler. These people seriously have been listening to too much hip-hop. It's coming out like a very bad urban novel. And to top it off we have to read it aloud. Embarrassment! Your school sucks.

goddess_susu
hahahhahahah!!!
can he meet a brazilian chick and fall in love on the way to atlanta? eek!

MistressofSnape
I swear, man, people are weird! My group kicked me out! Not fair! I was the best thing they had going for them. They even agreed to drop the Atlanta crap now their still doing it...then they kicked me out, just because I didn't come to school for one day. Well...that was the day the rough draft was due..but still...
Anyways I on my own for a day until I helped out this other group who didn't know what Time Turners were and they thought that Hagrid lived away from Hogwarts. Then they tried to make Ron have a cell phone... Apparently everybody has seen the movies, but no one has read the books. They said and I quote that "They're too long." And I thought that was a good thing. So I decided to join that group.
Their storyline is that Harry comes back from school and starts to have dreams about his parents and the Dursleys. Apparently they, the Dursleys, were working for Voldemort (something I couldn't comprehend) before Harry was born and were the reason the Potters were killed. We couldn't use the prophecy seeing as it's from the later books. Sucks, alot. Anyway, Harry decides to run away and calls Ron (another thing I couldn't comprehend) and he comes, with the twins, in yet another magical car and they pick up Hermonie (they didn't know who Hermonie was, I tell them she existed. Sad it's just sad). They go to Hagrid's house (this is were I couldn't stand it anymore) and then drive on to Hogwarts.
Apparently, and I was told this by a boy who said he had studied the movies, Hagrid's hut (oh excuse me, house ) isn't on Hogwarts grounds. Noo, it's in Hogmeade. He didn't even know the name he said "that town." Some people just need to shut their bloody mouths if they don't know what their talking about. I don't need a lecture filled with inaccurate information.
Anywho, at Hogwarts they meet Sirius and they tell him that their trying to find out what really happened the night Harry's parents died. So they break into the Ministry and steal the Time Turners. They do this because their brilliant and nobody can beat them eek! Then they go to the past and try to find out what happened. And that's all they've...er...we've done.
The worst of it is...this is due on MONDAY! We're so screwed.

The Phantom
I swear, man, people are weird! My group kicked me out! Not fair! I was the best thing they had going for them. They even agreed to drop the Atlanta crap now their still doing it...then they kicked me out, just because I didn't come to school for one day. Well...that was the day the rough draft was due..but still...
Anyways I on my own for a day until I helped out this other group who didn't know what Time Turners were and they thought that Hagrid lived away from Hogwarts. Then they tried to make Ron have a cell phone... Apparently everybody has seen the movies, but no one has read the books. They said and I quote that "They're too long." And I thought that was a good thing. So I decided to join that group.
Their storyline is that Harry comes back from school and starts to have dreams about his parents and the Dursleys. Apparently they, the Dursleys, were working for Voldemort (something I couldn't comprehend) before Harry was born and were the reason the Potters were killed. We couldn't use the prophecy seeing as it's from the later books. Sucks, alot. Anyway, Harry decides to run away and calls Ron (another thing I couldn't comprehend) and he comes, with the twins, in yet another magical car and they pick up Hermonie (they didn't know who Hermonie was, I tell them she existed. Sad it's just sad). They go to Hagrid's house (this is were I couldn't stand it anymore) and then drive on to Hogwarts.
Apparently, and I was told this by a boy who said he had studied the movies, Hagrid's hut (oh excuse me, house ) isn't on Hogwarts grounds. Noo, it's in Hogmeade. He didn't even know the name he said "that town." Some people just need to shut their bloody mouths if they don't know what their talking about. I don't need a lecture filled with inaccurate information.
Anywho, at Hogwarts they meet Sirius and they tell him that their trying to find out what really happened the night Harry's parents died. So they break into the Ministry and steal the Time Turners. They do this because their brilliant and nobody can beat them eek! Then they go to the past and try to find out what happened. And that's all they've...er...we've done.
The worst of it is...this is due on MONDAY! We're so screwed. Really... you can't blame them. Some people just don't read the books. Not their faults because they have different tastes than ours. I think it is sad that a school would allow such a project. But, such is life. Tell us about the different stories. I wanna hear how many cell phones pop up in them, how many things are misspelled or misplaced, and all that jazz.

MistressofSnape
It's not sad that they would allow it. To me it's an easy grade except I can't write and I have stage fright so the presentation is going to be horrid. What's sad is the fact that when my teacher assigned it and said the words Harry Potter, the entire class looked my way. I'm the Harry Potter expert in my class and still nobody wanted to work with me until they were drowning in their own ignorance. That's sad. confused I don't understand why don't they like me?
Anyway, I've noticed one defining trait with all the stories. Almost everybody has put them in America and it's either Florida, Georgia, or Jamaica. And I swear some idiot some dumbass gave Harry a PS2. If I said it once I've said it a million times they do not have muggle equipment. Then I had to explain what a muggle was. They really should read start reading the books. Oh and in one Ginny dyed her hair pink! eek! She also started buying clothes in Hot Topic. This is one from where everybody just up and went to Florida. I didn't really get that.
Also somebody who was working alone, he was in another period the teacher told us about it, tried to turn in copied fan fiction from the Internet. People really need to check themselves.

The Phantom
It's not sad that they would allow it. To me it's an easy grade except I can't write and I have stage fright so the presentation is going to be horrid. What's sad is the fact that when my teacher assigned it and said the words Harry Potter, the entire class looked my way. I'm the Harry Potter expert in my class and still nobody wanted to work with me until they were drowning in their own ignorance. That's sad. confused I don't understand why don't they like me?
Anyway, I've noticed one defining trait with all the stories. Almost everybody has put them in America and it's either Florida, Georgia, or Jamaica. And I swear some idiot some dumbass gave Harry a PS2. If I said it once I've said it a million times they do not have muggle equipment. Then I had to explain what a muggle was. They really should read start reading the books. Oh and in one Ginny dyed her hair pink! eek! She also started buying clothes in Hot Topic. This is one from where everybody just up and went to Florida. I didn't really get that.
Also somebody who was working alone, he was in another period the teacher told us about it, tried to turn in copied fan fiction from the Internet. People really need to check themselves. Funny. But seriously, you can't make them read it. And I think your teacher is cutting you out of your education for this project. i mean, Harry Potter isn't really a book you one, read in school as a class, and two, do a project on it. It has nothing to do with school! Anyway, Harry Potter and the Tan at Florida... fun. ^.^ Ginny with pink hair! Ha! love it! Hot topic... eh... not my favorite place. Oh, and the thing about not wanting people to work with you, I know that feeling. It's life. Most Harry Potter fans or book worms such as us go through this working alone thing... and we get the better grade nonetheless! Also, if there are more Harry Potter Fans or book worms in your class, then you don't have to beg to be in a group... We live lonely lives, don't we?

MistressofSnape
Yeah we do. Yesterday I was talking to my sister about the books and whether she thought Snape was evil. She's read the books and I wanted her opinion. She didn't say anything for a minute and then " You need a life." So that just basically just sums up it all. Wow... it is sad.

Oh and a group has titled themselves The Ravening Ravens. They said, and I quote, that they were "a broomstick team." Now I just found that hilarious, I take it they meant a Quitdditch team. Anyway their story has the Trio going to Hollywood and find out about their muggle counterparts. Hardly anybody has them just going to Hogwarts and having a normal year. I'm starting to wonder where are Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters. Strange.

MistressofSnape
Gods... We did the presentation today. It was terrible. But what's funny is the fact that hardly anyone did it. There were three groups, including mine, who turned it in completed. And I noticed something interesting everybody has either Ron or Hermonie with a cell phone. There was this one group who had there story set in Jamaica. It was called Harry Potter and Island Love. Over the summer when Harry comes back to the Dursleys his Aunt Petunia gives him a letter. Inside is a letter with an invitation inviting Harry to go to Jamaica to this...summer school. It's called Frome Institutional of Magical Learning. So Harry calls Ron on his cell phone and asks him if he got the letter too, he says he did. They call Hermonie on three way and she got it too. So they call everybody at school (I didn't get this part) and they've all got this letter. So they go to Jamaica by plane. You would have thought that it would been by Portkey, but I don't think the authors know what that is. Anyways, they get to Jamaica and meet this girl named Hermonique (unique, eh?). Ron, immediately falls in love with her and so does Harry, but Harry being the noble self-sacrificing person that he is doesn't tell Ron. All in all, the it revolved around teenage angst and in the end Voldemort comes and Hermonique sacrifices herself to give Harry time to kill Voldemort. He does. The End.
Now there's was another one that had a magical fair and a roller coaster that Voldemort bewitched to kill Harry. Needless to say my day was very amusing after that.

The Phantom
Gods... We did the presentation today. It was terrible. But what's funny is the fact that hardly anyone did it. There were three groups, including mine, who turned it in completed. And I noticed something interesting everybody has either Ron or Hermonie with a cell phone. There was this one group who had there story set in Jamaica. It was called Harry Potter and Island Love. Over the summer when Harry comes back to the Dursleys his Aunt Petunia gives him a letter. Inside is a letter with an invitation inviting Harry to go to Jamaica to this...summer school. It's called Frome Institutional of Magical Learning. So Harry calls Ron on his cell phone and asks him if he got the letter too, he says he did. They call Hermonie on three way and she got it too. So they call everybody at school (I didn't get this part) and they've all got this letter. So they go to Jamaica by plane. You would have thought that it would been by Portkey, but I don't think the authors know what that is. Anyways, they get to Jamaica and meet this girl named Hermonique (unique, eh?). Ron, immediately falls in love with her and so does Harry, but Harry being the noble self-sacrificing person that he is doesn't tell Ron. All in all, the it revolved around teenage angst and in the end Voldemort comes and Hermonique sacrifices herself to give Harry time to kill Voldemort. He does. The End.
Now there's was another one that had a magical fair and a roller coaster that Voldemort bewitched to kill Harry. Needless to say my day was very amusing after that. ... If there are more presentations... VIDEO TAPE!

Icicle
LOL I wish my school included Harry Potter in the learning.

Unicor777
so you can have top marks, right?

big gay kirk
Your school needs to be careful... a Scout group in scotland attempted to do a Harry Potter project, and JK threatened to sue....

MistressofSnape
It's just like fan fiction, except it's far worse because fans aren't writing it so I don't see why there would be any lawsuit involved.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.