Question : Why the hell aren't we in Wikipedia ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
This is a Honest thing , that I've thought about often. The comic section of KMC has brought so many great things to light (Namor's a bad-ass , Jobber aura's , Pis , Cis etc etc)

Who's with me ?

King_Mungi
Wikipedia sucks, who cares if your on it.

DarkCrawler
I was surprised that there wasn't an article about us either. CBR has, for example, and I don't think it is nothing compared to our site (at least on quality). I think that nobody cares about the real site(www.killermovies.com)...it's the forums where all the fun is.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by grey fox
This is a Honest thing , that I've thought about often. The comic section of KMC has brought so many great things to light (Namor's a bad-ass , Jobber aura's , Pis , Cis etc etc)

Who's with me ?
None of that is anything that was realised or invented at the KMC comics board.

DarkCrawler
Yeah...Namor badassery was found on Sub-Mariner messageboards.

AJ4LIFE
somone start up but dont mention our names so people dont get jelous

Morridini
If u want it just make it.

Mr. Valentine
Nah, dont make it.. people always say wikipedia is bad for characters and stuff coz its fan written, i geuss the same would go with us. Theyd wreck the magic with us with our unworthy words stick out tongue

The_Olympian
laughing

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
Nah, dont make it.. people always say wikipedia is bad for characters and stuff coz its fan written, i geuss the same would go with us. Theyd wreck the magic with us with our unworthy words stick out tongue

shifty

evil face

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox

Who's with me ?

Don't forget about my PIR. (Plot Induced Retardation) big grin

grey fox
Meh i wouldn't be able to do us justice.. . Well i only really noticed this when i looked up Jobber aura and found nothing... i mean that at-least should get placed on their ?

willRules
Didn't we use to be on Wikipedia? Im pretty sure we used to be on there confused

S.S
My Wiki...............droolio

who?-kid
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I think that nobody cares about the real site(www.killermovies.com)...it's the forums where all the fun is.
There's a real site ? confused

inamilist
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2005/12/16

H. S. 6
There used to be one about Killer Movies in general, but it got taken away. big grin

Validus
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I was surprised that there wasn't an article about us either. CBR has, for example, and I don't think it is nothing compared to our site (at least on quality). I think that nobody cares about the real site(www.killermovies.com)...it's the forums where all the fun is.
I didn't even know there was a site...

DigiMark007
I don't care either way.

But if it gets made, post the link here....I'll want to be reading it, both as an interested party and as a mod. Not being on the forums doesn't mean we're not at least partially responsible for its content.

Mindship
Originally posted by who?-kid
There's a real site ? confused

Ditto.
"Killer Movies." Now I get it.

Scoobless
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KMC_-_Comic_Forums

whistling

The_Olympian
That

Is

Awesome

I feel like I belong now smile

King KAM
dude, that is awesome...

Scoobless
They're gonna delete it

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/2738/wiki8yl.th.jpg

sad

ScarletSpider
"vanity and unencyclopedic "

I would be tempted to agree with the poster who said that. I would, were "unencyclopedic" a word. I understand the usage and demand for neologisms, but an endeavor such as Wikipedia, which wishes to be seen as a serious project, should strive to hold itself up to certain standards--especially the pseudo-self-governing standards they attempt to hold their own contributors up to.

Judging a post's merit for deletion by using "words" that should be visited with deleterious retribution themselves transcends the scheme of irony and enters into hypocrisy.

Scoobless
Indeed

Scoobless
Originally posted by Scoobless

whistling

Looks like the page is getting an award (not deleted like we first thought)

evil face

Soujaboy
A, how do you join KMC teams?

The_Olympian
have knowledge about a certain character in that team.

The Avengers are the best, though!

badabing
Scoobless posted this under the Kittens thread.

The_Olympian
I know, what an arse face!

Psyquis52
Scoobless is such a pussywillow!

The_Olympian
HAHAHA laughing

TheKahn

whistling

About time wiki got something right. eek!

The_Olympian
dude, your sig is RAD

your opinion is wrong! Avengers ROCK!

DigiMark007
Who wrote that about us that's going to get it deleted? Who would even care enough to denounce KMC? Bastards.

Thunderstrike
They're gonna delete it

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/2738/wiki8yl.th.jpg

sad

*Kicks Scoobless in the nuts for saying the Authority wins*

stick out tongue

badabing
Originally posted by The_Olympian
dude, your sig is RAD

your opinion is wrong! Avengers ROCK!
Olympian, check out the pic.

DigiMark007
And speaking of stuff like this, it's rumored that a Star Wars writer is posting around here randomly (the SW forums, not this one). And if we're so freakin sweet when it comes to Comic discussion, shouldn't, say, Bendis be trolling around here or something? Well maybe not him, but at least someone. It would sure give us a credibility boost, since right now we're just dominated by fanboys....some are just more intelligent about it than others. smile

The_Olympian
eek!

King_Mungi
Pfft...Alpha Flight ownz you all. It's not my fault they can beat most of everyone's favorite characters. All I did was just bring notice to them showing that they can kick your favorite character asses smile

The_Olympian
Originally posted by DigiMark007
And speaking of stuff like this, it's rumored that a Star Wars writer is posting around here randomly (the SW forums, not this one). And if we're so freakin sweet when it comes to Comic discussion, shouldn't, say, Bendis be trolling around here or something? Well maybe not him, but at least someone. It would sure give us a credibility boost, since right now we're just dominated by fanboys....some are just more intelligent about it than others. smile

Bendis has his own message board... it's at Jinxworld.com

But those people suck, everyone stay here!

SnakeEyes
Oh I won't dare roam in Jinx World!!!

grey fox
I'd only go their to Troll .....

Blair Wind
wiki shifty

Scoobless
Who wrote that about us that's going to get it deleted? Who would even care enough to denounce KMC? Bastards.

whistling

Dark Shazam93
Who the Hedll wrote that!? Uncle Sam's bare ass...???

AJ4LIFE
he sucks damn america

Dark Shazam93
Dude, that was NOT wise. There are a LOT of Americans here!

AJ4LIFE
i know stick out tongue

Rick/Genis
I'm american, you deuche!

Dark Shazam93
And suddenly you 2 hate each other again! laughing out loud

AJ4LIFE
off course we do....

DigiMark007
whistling

No, I know you wrote it...I meant, who was trying to get us deleted?

AJ4LIFE
lol

Scoobless
No, I know you wrote it...I meant, who was trying to get us deleted?

I think Wiki just has an automatic response to new pages.... someone probably has to make sure they aren't just full of sh!t

Rick/Genis
did it get deleted?

AJ4LIFE
lets check on link

AJ4LIFE
yep its gone damn it

grey fox
I still think we should be on wikipedia...

Who came up with Mind-rape . US

Who came up with Jp . US

Who came up with Jobber aura . US

Who proved , the unbelievably enough , Namor is a bad-ass. Darkcrawler

AJ4LIFE
hell yeh ask the mods on there if we can make a better one but have and only the person who made it be ale to change it

TK1
Here!

Rick/Genis
I guess I should write it stick out tongue

HAHAHAHA, I would be the LAST person people would want to write a Wikipedia Article on this place!

DigiMark007
The nature of wiki is that everyone can change it. There isn't really a way to make so only the creator can alter it. erm

King_Mungi
and retards can change an article on a whim, that's why I hate wiki.

Dark Shazam93
yes Has anyoe read how many times people have edited Chuck Norris stuff?

Dark Shazam93
Cool, Capt It up made a new page!

Scoobless
Post a link

HellMaster93
I'll check... again

HellMaster93
Mustve been deleted...

A.J
dm i would like to see cap it ups page

HellMaster93
Its gone... you make one...

A.J
hehehe ok i will

HellMaster93
Just remember they remove threadsn and can ban people from editing on wiki... my mate had that done to him!

A.J
no problem with that i never do anything on there anyway

DigiMark007
Blah, people who have been here under a year making our wiki page....it's a sad day. Just don't mkae us look too childish. And run a spell-check on it. stick out tongue

Mr.V
Ah thats not very nice digi stick out tongue lol ok then so if we looking for experience than jeff gets to write it big grin (Dc)

A.J
Originally posted by Mr.V
Ah thats not very nice digi stick out tongue lol ok then so if we looking for experience than jeff gets to write it big grin (Dc) love more wise words from val, i vote jeff does it aswell laughing

Mr.V
Lol no, hes the most worthy of doing it...doesnt mean he HAS to AJ stick out tongue im just saying it would come out very good if he did it as he has seen the most big grin

A.J
Originally posted by Mr.V
Lol no, hes the most worthy of doing it...doesnt mean he HAS to AJ stick out tongue im just saying it would come out very good if he did it as he has seen the most big grin im aggreeing with that i want jeff to do it big grin

HellMaster93
Hmmm... I think if someone made it they shouldnt mention the teams as then it just turns into a reatred edit-fest of people trying to make their team superior acxcording to Wiki and people will obviously be taking the iss anyway...

A.J
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Hmmm... I think if someone made it they shouldnt mention the teams as then it just turns into a reatred edit-fest of people trying to make their team superior acxcording to Wiki and people will obviously be taking the iss anyway... co-signed

HellMaster93
Good!

A.J
yup

HellMaster93
I'm bored...

A.J
me to

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.