This question is a little difficult but try to answer it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fjord
What are the names of the 200 Jedi that fought in the Genosis Arena?
this is an extra question in case you decide not to answer the first one:
Approximately ,how many Jedi existed at the time of the separatist movement? I've read that there were nearly 200 jedi all over the universe but i can't believe this, its simply a very little number!!!!!!!!!!

finti
who said it was 200?

yerssot
novel, finti

you can't name the 200, from the survivors we cant' even name two or three, and I'm still not agreeing with one... I think

so it's impossible for the 200 names, even to name the 10 000 knights in the gal!

finti
novel is EU

yerssot
official novel by Del Rey (in English that is) is CANON,
Literature based on the SW universe that isn't directly from the movies is EU

jedi fernando
i believe windu said he had 1000 jedis aprox...and he could only use 200 for emergency

finti
everything that is not in the movies are EU including the novelisations of the films

yerssot
talking about AOTC-movie?

finti
any SW movie, the only thing canon is the movies, nothing else

Ushgarak
Again, I have to point out, that just because it is not canon (and officially it is semi-canon), that does NOT mean it is EU. Non-canon and EU are not the same thing.

There are no fully canonical numbers available but most sources quote 10000 altogether, as yerssot says, and 200 at Geonosis

LanceWindu
Most Jedi at the arena, fjord, are nothing more than background characters with no names.

Sure some Fans may make a fanfic about a certain Jedi in the arena they thought looked intriguing, but it will not be real.

So in conclusion:

No one can answer that, not even GL himself.

finti
Films canon, the rest not or let me put it simple.
There are those who only watch the film and they get all the info needed through the films. The novels are kind of a not need to know basis.

yerssot
two times right in one reply big grin

And I don't even think you can reach 200 when counting the jedi

Ushgarak
Well, regardless of personal opinion, it is actually for Lucasfilm to say what is canon or not.

yerssot
that or you say that only GL is canon...

Ushgarak
Anything GL puts out is canon unless he says it isn't. He can decide anything he likes is canon. He delegates that to the Continuity and Production department.

finti
well actually SW is films, the novelisations are just extra, to supply the income of the whole SW thing.
If there are info in the novelisations that are`nt in the movies. Then watching the films would be a waste of time, you could read the books and get it all there.

Ushgarak
Again, regardless of the logic behind it, it is still up to GL to say what is canon or not. If he wants to say the EU is canoin he can if he wants. As it is, the official position still puts the novels, screenplays and radio dramas into some form of canon and no personal opinion will change that.

yerssot
btw, has anyone ever heared the radio drama of ANH?

Julie
Nope....

I think there are a few thousand jedi at the time of AOTC, but I have no evidence to support my guess...mostly because I'm too lazy to do the research. big grin

yerssot
Ush agrees with me, and you still don't believe me Julie? I'm ...well...not impressed

Ushgarak
I've heard it. It could have done with Harrison Ford.

yerssot
Harrison Ford? come again? can't follow you now

Ushgarak
He wasn't in it.

yerssot
ofcourse, but I can't see the logic of your post

Ushgarak
Err... if you understand that Harrison Ford wasn't in it, then I am not sure what you mean.

yerssot
nevermind, guess I'm too stupid to understand it

*bangs head against the wall*
stupid stupid stupid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.