ROTS up for three MTV Movie Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CBright7831
BEST VILLAIN
Cillian Murphy -- "Batman Begins" (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Hayden Christensen -- "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" (20th Century Fox)
Ralph Fiennes -- "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Tilda Swinton -- "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" (Disney Pictures)
Tobin Bell -- "Saw II" (Lions Gate Films)

BEST HERO
Christian Bale -- "Batman Begins" (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Jessica Alba -- "Fantastic Four" (20th Century Fox)
Daniel Radcliffe -- "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Kate Beckinsale -- "Underworld: Evolution" (Screen Gems)
Ewan McGregor -- "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" (20th Century Fox)

BEST FIGHT
Kong vs. the Planes -- "King Kong" (Universal Pictures)
Stephen Chow vs. Axe Gang -- "Kung Fu Hustle" (Sony Pictures Classics)
Angelina Jolie vs. Brad Pitt -- "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (20th Century Fox)
Ewan McGregor vs. Hayden Christensen -- "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" (20th Century Fox)

VOTE HERE!

Eleonora
I don't think Anakin is a villain, especially compared to the others, he's more of a tragic hero, but maybe that's too much to understand for the MTV people. Still, I've already cast my votes in favour of SW....;-)

Rhindon
I'll vote for ROTS for two of them, but I agree with Eleonora that Anakin wasn't really a villain, more of a tragic hero.

I'm voting for Tilda for villain. smile

chinabing
Ack, we shoulda been nominated for best pic. (Wedding Crashers & 40YOV, what were they thinking?) Finally maybe Star Wars'll get some justice with the MTV awards, as happened with the AOTC Yoda-Dooku best fight in 2002.

Go Obi-Wan & Anakin and their fight!

sithsaber408
Indeed.

It kicks you back out to the menu to vote again, so I guess we'll have to vote 3 or 4 times a day to keep up with the Potter and 40YOV crowd. stick out tongue

Lyn
I hope ROTS at least wins for Best Fight. I think it will be quite tough in the other categories but at least the film was recognised in some way.

AstroFan
I like Best fight and hero, but I hope Cillian or Ralph win for Villian. big grin

Stun
well i'm gonna stick to my old biased self and vote Sith on all 3big grin

sithsaber408
Agreed!

Over, and over, and over again. evil face

Tangible God
"ROTS up for three MTV Movie Awards"

Woop de f*ckin' doo.

Revolver Ocelot
Hayden got the nod for Best Villain? Not Ian?!

What the flying ****?

Alliance
laughing out loud true. Just showing MTV is not worthy of this saga.

umm...Vader's a hero.

EPIIIBITES
ummm...it's an mtv award...meaning it got nominated just for being part of pop culture.

Hellooo...Fantastic 4?!

Mišt
Best Fight is probably the only one that rapes the other contestants.

InfiniteDY
Best Villain: Cillian Murphy

* I can't believe they didn't nominate Liam Neeson or Ian McDiarmid!!!11 mad

Best Hero: damn... can't make me pick between Ewan and Bale here... too hard... *runs away*

Best Fight: Ewan vs Hayden OWNS all the contenders

Eleonora
I hadn't realised it was not among the best picture nominees...wtf? blink

chinabing
Originally posted by Eleonora
I hadn't realised it was not among the best picture nominees...wtf? blink
You got that right, E. It's a joke it wasn't included.

rubinator
ok, why cant i see the video, i can hear it but i cant see it can somebody please help

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by chinabing
Ack, we shoulda been nominated for best pic. We? What do you mean we should have been nominated? erm

Best Hero: Christian Bale
Best Fight: Kung Fu Hustle

Sorry, again ROTS just ain't up to par... But, yeah, these awards are about as meaningful as the Teen Choice Awards...

chinabing
Um, er, about the 'we,' sometimes on a SW board I get a little collective. embarrasment

I really liked Anakin's understated villainy.
Batman? Worst movie of the franchise, (Didn't think that was possible with 'Batman and Robin,' and didn't they already do the 'birth of batman' movie? Great, now they can 're-brand' or 're-imagine' comic book movies every couple of years because everyone knows comic book sequels stink and the only way to have a good comic book movie is to do the first one! Oh yeah, next up, Superman!)

Bale was better in "Empire of the Sun." Besides, apparently the award is for the character, for some reason. What, is Batman himself going to come up to the stage?

And where was the Padme/Anakin best kiss? Those heartless MTVers...

Mišt
Besides, apparently the award is for the character, for some reason. What, is Batman himself going to come up to the stage?

Um dude wtfno expression Is Anakin coming up on stage? Is Harry Potter coming up on stage? What the hell are you trying to say?

And MTV sucks, who cares what the best kiss was. How do you compare a kiss between movies? 'Ooh, this one showed a little bit more tongue action!" 'No but this one had a nice close up of the lips'...one of the most pointless awards they have.

chinabing

Thorinn
Originally posted by Stun
well i'm gonna stick to my old biased self and vote Sith on all 3big grin here here.euro

CBright7831
Originally posted by Alliance
laughing out loud true. Just showing MTV is not worthy of this saga.

umm...Vader's a hero.
That "hero" also killed unarmed children in the Jedi temple.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by CBright7831
BEST VILLAIN
Hayden Christensen -- "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" (20th Century Fox)
Tilda Swinton -- "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" (Disney Pictures)

BEST HERO
Daniel Radcliffe -- "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Ewan McGregor -- "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" (20th Century Fox)

BEST FIGHT
Ewan McGregor vs. Hayden Christensen -- "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" (20th Century Fox)

VOTE HERE!

I can bet you 1000 bucks it will be:

1. Tobin Bell Saw II
2. Christian Bale Batman begins
3. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Mr. and Mrs. Smith

chinabing
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I can bet you 1000 bucks it will be:

1. Tobin Bell Saw II
2. Christian Bale Batman begins
3. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Not if anything to say about it, I have.

It's an Internet Poll, they're about as accurate as a KMC Forum poll!

OB1-adobe
Not if anything to say about it, I have.

It's an Internet Poll, they're about as accurate as a KMC Forum poll!

We're talking about MTV here dude. They're more crooked than palpatine

MC_GG
Originally posted by CBright7831
BEST VILLAIN

BEST HERO

BEST FIGHT

VOTE HERE!

Best Hero: Prolly Ewan or Christian Bale
Best Fight: EP 3 without a doubt

sithsaber408
BEST VILLAIN

BEST HERO

BEST FIGHT

Actually, I'd say that Hayden has a better chance than Ewan.

His performance is far more evil than say, wimpy Scarecrow or Voldemort (too short of an appearance to win), and right on par with Jadis, the white witch. Only Anakin is cooler, using the force, and lightsaber and all, while she rides around in a sleigh, freezing people.

The Jigsaw character however, is far more evil and dastardly than Anakin's character.

If we were really voting on "best villian" the only reason he would loose would be because he sits around too.

(and people having a 30 year-old soft spot for Darth Vader.)

Ewan is harder pressed in his catagory.
Beating Jessica Alba and Kate Beckinsale isn't too hard, and there are more SW fanboys than Potter ones, but him taking out Bale's Batman will be quite hard to do.

I agree that they both WTFpwned the other fighters though, so at least there's that.

Darth Aain
Errr this will be between batmen begins and star wars probably, starwars I hope wins the fight.

sithsaber408
Holy Unbelievable Bullshit Batman!!!

Hayden actually gets the award for Best Villian, Ewan gets shit, and The Duel to end all duels, the BEST fight in all 6 films gets......notta damn thang!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14832

Sith Master X
They're all jealous of Star Wars and George Lucas. Simple as that.

chinabing
Batman? That flick was dreadful... I like Christian Bale, but that movie stunk to high heaven. Obi-Wan was a much better hero than that batman.

How could Star Wars not win best fight? Mr. & Ms. Smith.. best fight? That flick has cheez dripping from the screen. All that mildly amusing domestic triffle, as compared to a fight on a lava waterfall, swinging from cables? Are those voters insane? They just like voting for Jolie because she's hot.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
ummm...it's an mtv award...meaning it got nominated just for being part of pop culture.

Hellooo...Fantastic 4?!

I don't know why you guys are actually discussing the merits of an awards show's decision that has a category like "Best Frightened Performance". wink Somehow I don't think Ewan or Lucas are bummed cause of this...and Hayden's probably like "ummmmm thanks. Can't wait for my Teen Choice award"

Alliance
MTV awards are pointless. Its about what 13 year olds got hyped up about what. It doesnt matter. I'm surpriesd it won anything....and it somewhat frightens me.

chinabing
they're just a little pop culture fun. I've never watched the award show actually, the oscars are long enough. Most award show are more for the giver than the receiver.

sithsaber408
Yeah, yeah, yeah....

I still can't believe that some fools would choose Mr. and Mrs. Smith over the Duel.

Pitt and Jolie probably had stunt people for some of the big crashes and stuff.

Hayden and Ewan learned all their own sword fighting, and did almost all of the falling, crashing, etc...

It's just a bummer....

If you saw Within A Minute, then you know how much time and effort went into that sequence, and all the people who worked around the clock to make it happen.

Whilst Brangelina throw each other around a few times, shoot a few bullets, and say "who's your daddy now" erm

I would have liked to have seen Ewan and Hadyen come on stage and get the award, to sort of show how much people liked them in the last 2 films, and all of that.

Well, Lucas recieved an award from Washington for Technology, the film won Best Drama and Best Movie at the People's Choice Awards, and Hayden got an award from MTV to counter his stupid Razzies, so I guess all's well that ends well. (it ended #7, with 380 mil, to be exact)

I blame myself actually, I voted for obi 3 or 4 times everytime I visited mtv.com, voted for Hayden 10 times (thought he needed the most help) and for the Duel once.

I figured it was a no-brainer.

Now apprently it is. big grin

Edit: not to mention Jake Gylenhall getting best performance over Terance Howard or Juaquin Phoenix, and Fudgepack Mountain getting Best Kiss, the award that ACTUALLY should have gone to Brangelina.....

*sigh*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.