What History Topic are you all Studying at School At The Moment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
My queston to all of you is What current topic are you learning in History. I am currently learning and Rewising Britain Role in the Second World War.

rickyduck
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
My queston to all of you is What current topic are you learning in History. I am currently learning and Rewising Britain Role in the Second World War.

Im currently on the topic of wwII and dictatorships, but they suck so I sorta take secondary lessons on communism, and other famous feats in history no expression

Bloigen
I don't go to school. no expression

H. S. 6
We were doing how communism influenced WWI and the impact it had on Russia, but now I believe we're jumping ahead to the Vietnam War.

Fatal Smoke
We are learning about The rise of dictarorships and Totalitarian governments. Very creepy.

Barker
I have Geography this year. Yes, I've killed myself already. no expression

Dusty
Geography, and Civilization of the Mayan, Olmec, Inca and Aztec empire. (so old..)

Fatal Smoke
Originally posted by Dusty
Geography, and Civilization of the Mayan, Olmec, Inca and Aztec empire. (so old..)
I really hatesd that part of history. WW2 is probably the most captivating of any age.

Janus Marius
We're doing WW2, but not enough to do it justice. You could literally spend four hours a day, six days a week studying it and not scratch the surface.

Fatal Smoke
Originally posted by Janus Marius
We're doing WW2, but not enough to do it justice. You could literally spend four hours a day, six days a week studying it and not scratch the surface.
AY!

§P0oONY
I finished the modern history course I was taking last year, I've started learning about Ancient Greek democracy at the moment on a new Ancient History course, it's rather fascinating.

Janus Marius
The age of Antiquity was fascinating. Wait until you reach the Roman Republic.

§P0oONY
We're studying that later this year, I can't wait.

Janus Marius
There's a lot to learn. I hope your instructor is thorough. I went through forty pages of notes in two weeks with mine. Loved it.

§P0oONY
There's a lot to learn. I hope your instructor is thorough. I went through forty pages of notes in two weeks with mine. Loved it.

I have a great Teacher who teaches us beyond the course.

Janus Marius
Those are the best. That's the kind of teacher I hope to become anyways. I have two teachers now - in history and philosophy - who I take time out to speak with after class and swap ideas.

H. S. 6
Those are the best. That's the kind of teacher I hope to become anyways. I have two teachers now - in history and philosophy - who I take time out to speak with after class and swap ideas.

yes

I think it's important--essential, even--for teachers to be able to relate to students. Allowing discussions with an instructor on a common level is the key to a student's success, in my opinion.

Janus Marius
Definatley. I live for when they open it up for discussion. I wish the classes were longer, so we could spend MORE time discussing the material.

Nevermind
Doing the Romanov Dynasty ATM. I'm pretty much loving it. Anything is better than that American civil war.

Janus Marius
I don't mind the American Civil War, but I traditionally prefer world history over American history.

Nevermind
I don't mind the American Civil War, but I traditionally prefer world history over American history.

Ever since I've done history, I've always wanted to do American history, however after the civil war I'm not too sure if I want to do anymore.

Janus Marius
Hm. I suppose it's a matter of personal preference. I never found American history compelling or interesting.

Fatal Smoke
I always liked the gold rush, But ever since learning about WW2, It's like 'what rush?'.

Janus Marius
I much prefered European history all around, and I've come to appreciate Asian history, which they seldom taught in public schools.

Nevermind
Hm. I suppose it's a matter of personal preference. I never found American history compelling or interesting.

Exactly, but you live in the country. Unlike me in my prison colony, thank you very much Britain.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Fatal Smoke
I always liked the gold rush, But ever since learning about WW2, It's like 'what rush?'.

Same thing here. I was learning all that gold rush shit in primary and then you get to high school and do WW1 & 2 and it's like "Oh yeah, we did have a gold rush".

Fatal Smoke
I much prefered European history all around, and I've come to appreciate Asian history, which they seldom taught in public schools.
too long and boring if you ask me. The names really **** up your memorization.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Fatal Smoke
I really hatesd that part of history. WW2 is probably the most captivating of any age. I hear that.

Jabba the Hutt
Damn Middle Ages.

Fatal Smoke
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
Damn Middle Ages.

Damn Middle Ages.

Nevermind
Damn Middle Ages.

God I remember that. I don't ever wanna go back to that again.

Captain REX
I'm currently writing an essay regarding European dominance from the 15th century to 1914.

Nevermind
Originally posted by Captain REX
I'm currently writing an essay regarding European dominance from the 15th century to 1914.

European dominance in Europe or globally?

Captain REX
Globally. Colonialism and all. yes

Nevermind

Nice.

Scarecrow756
I am studying the Cold War next year.

Captain REX
We've studied a bit of it, but mostly briefly.

Fatal Smoke
We've studied a bit of it, but mostly briefly.
As far as movies go, The Sum of all fears really did a good job of explaining and reinacting the cold war.

Janus Marius

This was my college history professor's biggest spiel. He said you could trace back most if not all of the world's present day ills to colonialism.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I'm doing History and law at Edin and we are currently going through the tedium of Scottish Laws, bit of the good old Roman Republican Lawful Systems in politics!

Commando Queen
Originally posted by rickyduck
Im currently on the topic of wwII and dictatorships, but they suck so I sorta take secondary lessons on communism, and other famous feats in history no expression
Ditto

Alliance
Im doing two research papers:

1) Spartacus as a general-politician in the late-Roman Republic. I'm basically comparing him to Marius, Sulla, Pompey and the like and saying that the Roman reaction to his rebellion was a sign of decay and symbol of how the Senat could not handle Marian style generals in the lateRR. (ie they were doomed)

2) The rise of militarism in the Cold War US through the developing genre of American military science fiction. I'm studing the origins of the genre and how Americnan militaristic ideals through tis genere changed from the 50's to Vietnam, to Reagan.

Bardock42
Last time I checked we were doing German Reunion and fall of communism...mostly German history though.

Swirly Girl
Meh, I'm a History Teacher...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Meh, I'm a History Teacher...

Then let us modify the question: What do you currently teach at your school?

Also, is the US a Democracy?

Alliance
laughing out loud

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alliance
laughing out loud

Yeah I know, I ask that everyone nowadays.

Alliance
me too. but i thought you said that opinions of our history teachers didnt matter? confused laughing out loud

Swirly Girl, Bardock and I have been having an argument about the nature of the governemnt of the United States. He claims it is a representative democracy and a republic. I claim that it is a federal republic with strong democratic influences...did you have an opinion? you can post it here. We'd like your input.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alliance
me too. but i thought you said that opinions of our history teachers didnt matter? confused laughing out loud

Swirly Girl, Bardock and I have been having an argument about the nature of the governemnt of the United States. He claims it is a representative democracy and a republic. I claim that it is a federal republic with strong democratic influences...did you have an opinion? you can post it here. We'd like your input.

Well, I don't think they matter, because I do believe the definition to be true. But I just like to know the opinions of people. And support is such a nice thing. I was unhappy debating against you two without support, although I am sure I am right.

Rest I agree with your post.

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by Bardock42
Then let us modify the question: What do you currently teach at your school?

Also, is the US a Democracy?

A variety of classes. Communism, WWI, WWII, King John, Henry VIII.

b-ball_chick
political and social classification after the industrial revolution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.