SuperBoy Prime Vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jesse7
Superboy Prime (current)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Superboyic6.PNG

Vs.

Thanos (current)
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7600/thanos2wo.png

Scenario 1 - Both SBP and Thanos have 1 day of prep, do not neglect that SBP is on level with silverage/pc superman in not only power, strength, speed, durability, versatility, but also in intellect, intelligence and brilliance (I.E. designing and constructing the Anti-Monitor like suit from scratch on an alien world.)

"Despite his growing insanity, Superboy-Prime has exhibited the same Kryptonian super-intelligence shared by the pre-Crisis Earth-One and Earth-Two Supermen by designing his power suit. The armor is patterned after the Anti-Monitor's armor; it collects and feeds him yellow solar energy. How he retained his Pre-Crisis power levels and abilities where as Superman-1 and Superman-2 got depowered is currently unknown." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy_Prime

Scenario 2 - Random Encounter, fight to the death.

JuanJohnboy
Scenario 1: THanos wins, but with a lot of help/weapons/tools i guess, he is a master strategist.

Scenario 2: Superboy kills Thanos.

Thanos_6383
Even I say Thanos can lose

Jesse7
bump

The_Olympian
you know, if they both have prep, what's to stop superboy prime from just cheating and killing thanos immediately big grin

With that said, I like thanos WAY more!

Darth Kal-El
Good match however SBP wins in a random encounter. And Thanos takes the prep one MAYBE 6/10

Space M ummy
Thanos takes both with little difficulty.

Scenario 1: Superboy prime is Staggeringly intelligent but has almost ZERO experience and little in the way of self control. He's powerful, sure..but not substantially more so than a herald.

In contrast, Thanos is equally intelligent, several thousand years old, and a master strategist. He's strong enough to deal with the likes of the Champion, Thor, Immortal Hercules, and the Hulk, sometimes SIMULTANEOUSLY. He's fast enough that the surfer, one of marvel's fastest beings can't speedblitz him. Like all eternals, he has total control over his body's molecular structure and nothing short of molecular dispersion can do any permanent damage. Thanos has taken out beings with FAR greater power with less prep. this is a man who's already destroyed and rebuilt the marvel universe. There's a VERY good chance he already HAS contingency plans to deal with beings on SBP's level.

Scenario 2: Thanos Took out Warrior Madness Thor with the power gem, with no prep at all, THEN went several rounds with Odin. Odin had to pull out Gungnir and STILL couldnt kill Thanos. Warrior Madness Thor would obliterate superboy Prime, and Odin is freaking ODIN. Thanos has since given himself a power up and he's WAY stronger now. No contest, Thanos wins.

Psyquis52
This is stupid. Superboy prime licks my butt!

The_Olympian
Originally posted by Space M ummy

Scenario 1: Superboy prime is Staggeringly intelligent but has almost ZERO experience and little in the way of self control.

In contrast, Thanos is equally intelligent, several thousand years old, and a master strategist. He's taken out beings with FAR greater power with less prep. this is a man who's already destroyed and rebuilt the marvel universe. There's a VERY good chance he already HAS contingency plans to deal with beings on SBP's level.

Scenario 2: Thanos Took out Warrior Madness Thor with the power gem, with no prep at all, THEN went several rounds with Odin. Odin had to pull out Gungnir and STILL couldnt kill Thanos. Warrior Madness Thor would obliterate superboy Prime, and Odin is freaking ODIN. Thanos has since given himself a power up and he's WAY stronger now. No contest, Thanos wins.

Not to mention, Thanos has been rejected by death... so CAN he die?

Avalonofthewind

Scenario 1: Superboy prime is Staggeringly intelligent but has almost ZERO experience and little in the way of self control. He's powerful, sure..but not substantially more so than a herald.

In contrast, Thanos is equally intelligent, several thousand years old, and a master strategist. He's strong enough to deal with the likes of the Champion, Thor, Immortal Hercules, and the Hulk, sometimes SIMULTANEOUSLY. He's fast enough that the surfer, one of marvel's fastest beings can't speedblitz him. Like all eternals, he has total control over his body's molecular structure and nothing short of molecular dispersion can do any permanent damage. Thanos has taken out beings with FAR greater power with less prep. this is a man who's already destroyed and rebuilt the marvel universe. There's a VERY good chance he already HAS contingency plans to deal with beings on SBP's level.

Superboy retcons all this with a punch. Thanos becomes a farmer instead of a would be conqueror.

Thunderstrike
No. Thanos is cursed by Death to live forever. He would die, but he'd come back again, and possibly stronger. To be honest, with prep, Thanos is gonna take this one. He's possibly the best strategist in the universe. No prep, SBP will take this.

Big Sexy
SBP seems pretty dumb to me.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
No. Thanos is cursed by Death to live forever. He would die, but he'd come back again, and possibly stronger. To be honest, with prep, Thanos is gonna take this one. He's possibly the best strategist in the universe. No prep, SBP will take this.

If he dies..he's already lost.

There is no guarantee that death will keep bringing him back. At some point, death will deem him unworthy.

With prep, either side could win. This will be much easier in a few weeks, when IC#7 is out.

Validus
Originally posted by Big Sexy
SBP seems pretty dumb to me.
Can't be too dumb. He built that energy collector by himself. He just loses it in battle situations.

Thunderstrike
The kid's a bright kid, but when it comes to battle, he gets scared easy. "Keep the darkness away, anyone?"

Big Sexy
I say with prep, Thanos takes the majority. Without, unless SPB toys with Thanos long enough for him to make a plan, SPB takes it.

Big Sexy
The kid's a bright kid, but when it comes to battle, he gets scared easy. "Keep the darkness away, anyone?"

Yeah, and the whole "I want a word where heroes are good again" seems both naive and childish.

Thunderstrike
Very true. The whole IC thing has been brought about by naivety. I'm not a DC fan by any means, but IC has been great. Either way, Thanos with prep is taking this.

Validus
Yeah, and the whole "I want a word where heroes are good again" seems both naive and childish.
Yeah it is. His dialogue is purposely written to be silver age-esque.

manorastroman
thanos is twisted enough to make SBP catatonic with fear.

grey fox
Retcon pucnh

*WHAM*

Thanos : *Lying on his throne , slightly bored rolling the reality gem in-between his index finger and thumb* Is that the best you can do child.

SBP : You...your...a bad-guy , i hate YOU !! *Snarling Sbp tries a speedblitz*

*Sighing slightly thanos dodges the attacks with ease, parrying those which actually come close, he then clicks his fingers . SBP's armour disappears. Having been pulled apart at the molecular level.

Thanos : Unlike you boy i do research , i know what you are and what you can do , so little sun-child...let's see how you can handle the dark ?

*He presses a button on his belt, all the solar light in the room is drained away . Leaving the room in pitch black darkenss (Note : Thanos is so arrogant he's parked right outside a star)

SBP : No...no.. no. (Start's freaking out)

Thanos : YES ! (crushes the boy with with a single punch)

mighty adam
SBP seems pretty dumb to me. he is like. the bum should not be getting as much respect as he is getting. sure he can punch threw anything but saying this fool can hang with the like's of ion, thanos, or the specter ''yes i have heard people say he can beat the specter'' is stupid.

JuanJohnboy

Having any Gem doesnt count.....

the Darkone
Thanos will crumb stomp SBP ass into sh**, Thanos has fought skyfahters, cosmic dietys, the universe, with prep thanos will still kick his b***h ass up, SBP=Bi**h, and Thanos= pimp hand.

Thanos 10/10

Crease
Originally posted by grey fox
Retcon pucnh

*WHAM*

Thanos : *Lying on his throne , slightly bored rolling the reality gem in-between his index finger and thumb* Is that the best you can do child.

SBP : You...your...a bad-guy , i hate YOU !! *Snarling Sbp tries a speedblitz*

*Sighing slightly thanos dodges the attacks with ease, parrying those which actually come close, he then clicks his fingers . SBP's armour disappears. Having been pulled apart at the molecular level.

Thanos : Unlike you boy i do research , i know what you are and what you can do , so little sun-child...let's see how you can handle the dark ?

*He presses a button on his belt, all the solar light in the room is drained away . Leaving the room in pitch black darkenss (Note : Thanos is so arrogant he's parked right outside a star)

SBP : No...no.. no. (Start's freaking out)

Thanos : YES ! (crushes the boy with with a single punch)

I don't know enough about SBP to post myself, but I find this scenario perfectly acceptable. wink

grey fox
Originally posted by Crease
I don't know enough about SBP to post myself, but I find this scenario perfectly acceptable. wink

thumb up

manjaro
let me guess we're all gonna come up with more reasons why SBP wouldnt win right?

manjaro
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos will crumb stomp SBP ass into sh**, Thanos has fought skyfahters, cosmic dietys, the universe, with prep thanos will still kick his b***h ass up, SBP=Bi**h, and Thanos= pimp hand.

Thanos 10/10

yeah but thanos has never fought a PC superman...doesn the term pre crsis carry any weight arund here anymore? laughing

grey fox
Originally posted by manjaro
yeah but thanos has never fought a PC superman...doesn the term pre crsis carry any weight arund here anymore? laughing

No but the term 'Pimp hand' does. And let me assure you , thanos has used his Pimp hand many a time unlike supes.

Mordum
SPB is the most overrated character right now. Everyone thinks he can beat anyone but he hasnt fouhgt anyone high enough on the food chain too even be considered a threat. All he has is silly punching feats that carry no weight around here.

Thunderstrike
Besides, Thanos packs the reality gem 24/7. That's all the prep he usually needs.

Mider
who cares what SBP has done or can do if he's up against thanos he loses i mean even TOAA loses to thanos COME ON PEOPLE NO ONE BEATS THANOS big grin

Crease
No but the term 'Pimp hand' does. And let me assure you , thanos has used his Pimp hand many a time unlike supes. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Rick/Genis
I can't believe what I'm saying, but...... I agree with Mider.

badabing
Originally posted by Crease
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
Co-signed.

roughrider
I say Thanos is the one to turn to, you want to take down that Anakin-like psycho crybaby. Thanos is the better strategist, and will show SBP why HE'S the original universe killer.
( Thanos: I make the offerings to Lady Death, young fool.)
(SBP: Blub blub I wanna be loved again blub blub...)

King KAM
Besides, Thanos packs the reality gem 24/7. That's all the prep he usually needs. i dont think he still possess it

jasofisc
superboy prime hits thanos so hard it rips off his head. In the second round superboy reconstructs the supermobile and takes thanos down faster the the first time.

King KAM
Originally posted by jasofisc
superboy prime hits thanos so hard it rips off his head. In the second round superboy reconstructs the supermobile and takes thanos down faster the the first time. he realises it was a thanos clone with a red-sun light emitting nuke, which goes off and BAM snatches all of SB-primes powers, than the explosions pulls him into a black hole, and leaves him in a Cage of Kryptonite from his world, that kills him.

grey fox
Originally posted by King KAM
he realises it was a thanos clone with a red-sun light emitting nuke, which goes off and BAM snatches all of SB-primes powers, than the explosions pulls him into a black hole, and leaves him in a Cage of Kryptonite from his world, that kills him.

My idea was good , but hey ! , let's work with that for now.

King KAM
My idea was good , but hey ! , let's work with that for now. yeah i liked yours too....man Starlin should hire us....

MattDay
Originally posted by Mider
who cares what SBP has done or can do if he's up against thanos he loses i mean even TOAA loses to thanos COME ON PEOPLE NO ONE BEATS THANOS big grin

well well well, most people say that about superman lol deja vu i say

Mider
i was being sarcastic to the uttermost

Thunderstrike
i was being sarcastic to the uttermost

Nobody cares. Superemo Prime still loses. He was possibly the most overrated villain EVER!

Mider
who cares what you think thunderstrike sept a handful of people thanos cant push around planets or punch through dimensional walls he loses badly in fact get over it.

Thunderstrike
who cares what you think thunderstrike sept a handful of people thanos cant push around planets or punch through dimensional walls he loses badly in fact get over it.

Because Mider says so? Is this the SBP from your mind or from the comics. Characters from your head tend to be skyfathers that can take everybody because you "heard" that they can. Truth be known, Pushing around a couple planets is all he really has, but that's really not much to contend with Thanos. Get over yourself kid. You've never brought anything to a debate except for what you've "heard"

Laminator_X
Prepped, Thanos wins. Psycho Clark is smart, but it took him years subjectively to tech his way out of the Flashes' prison.

Unprepped, it could go either way. I don't think SBP has any attacks that could kill a high-powered eternal, but a heavy enough beating might down Thanos temporarily. I would still lean towards Thanos however, largely based on experience. The Brat of Steel racked up quite a body count with surprise attacks and using his full power against weaker foes, but Supers 1 & 2 were able to manhandle him quite effectively, and Clark-1 was able to beat him down even while sitting in a field full of Kryptonite. (I think Earth-2 supes went down because after the Red-Sun bath, he was much weaker than the others due to his age.) SBP is mighty, but ultimately he's only been in a couple of fights in his whole life. Thanos is certainly not as strong, perhaps less resistant to some sorts of injury (though I dobt SBP could actually kill an Eternal w/o prep, he's just keep beating on him and you cant kill a high-powered Eternal that way), but Thanos is far more versatile and hugely more experienced.

Mider
nah i went by feats when i said gog was above skyfather, and i never saw thanos push around planets and i sure as hell never saw him breaking constructs of so many herald level GL's and i sure as hell never saw him break dimensional barriers so no he isnt as strong as SPB and not even magic works on the kid what is thanos gonna do that he would win, experience will only take him so far since when he fought the champion his style saved him but whats to say he wouldnt have lost if the fight went on and on, SPB is even more durbable then that.

roughrider
For all of SBP's vast power and intellect, he's been shown to be an unhinged, whiny kid who can't make a battle plan to save his life. Let him attack Thanos with all that psycho hate - NEVER attack Thanos in a fit of rage. He will use it against you and beat you with it.

Dayscribe
Why would Superboy Prime, a highly unstable, brash young kid stand a chance against an experienced cosmic? Yeah, he's strong and such, but Thanos is just raw power to a crazy extreme, and very much a genius.

I say Thanos wins.

spideycarnage
thanos wins.
thousands of years of experiance vs 16 or years o experiance
u decide

JohnR
It doesn't matter if DC says SBP is at Pre-Crisis levels unless he consistently shows it. Even with his armor, he wasn't taking out Black Adam, Martian Manhunter, or Superman with one punch. He's more of a hybrid of old (Pre-Crisis) power levels and current power levels, kind of like the Superboy who existed in the universe the Time Trapper created.

Mider
i say SBP i dont think even thanos feats match his with out prep.

grey fox

So becoming a god isn't a high end feat ?

King KAM
So becoming a god isn't a high end feat ? lol.....and going toe-to-toe with effing Odin.

Thanos_6383
Lol..King Kam....you and Grey Fox rule this forum big grin

Crease

The Mad Titan beat Silver Surfer to death...WITH HIS BARE HANDS! And there was no prep invloved. That might be considered a high end feat.

hush
for fight 1 i givie it to Thanos
fight 2 i givie it to SBP.

OneDumbG0
Bump. I saw another thread that had people comparing Superboy Prime to PC Superman. I'd like to see who supports that and why. Personally, my motivation is to ask them what they're smoking and where I can get it.

Avalonofthewind
Scenario 1 - Thanos wins the majority. SBP was manipulated by Alexander (who I think is up there with Thanos.) and I see Thanos doing the same.

Scenario 2 - Thanos gets stomped. No plot devices to save him here.

illadelph12
Hmm...

I like Thanos with the prep in round 1.

In round 2 I'm kind of torn. Thanos isn't stupid. What's stopping him from simply regrouping if SBP rushes him and gets the upperhand? He can teleport interstellar distances after all. Thanos fights smart and plays for keeps. I don't see him giving SBP the opportunity to finish him off straight up even in a random encounter. He'd find a way to cheat. It's what he does. Like on the fly booby traps, leading SBP to a stellar event like a wormhole or something to buy himself time, playing mind games with SBP. He'd be calculating and ruthless. SBP never showed me that he could be cold and calculating. He was just crazy, powerful and immature. He'd be the first to make a mistake in my opinion.

illadelph12
And another thing:

Moving planets is an empty feat. Sure, it shows your strong, but planets are just large inanimate non-sentient objects that can't evade or defend themselves.

Would SBP bully Mogo or Ego around like that?

OneDumbG0
I fully agree with Illadelph12 again.

I didn't see too much from Superboy Prime that surprised me. Which leads me to my next point, what did he do that was so impressive that made everyone believe he was so uber?

He one-shotted Power Girl and Martian Manhunter? Yeah. I'm pretty sure Superman could do that.

He moved planets around? Superman has done that already.

He broke free from the Phantom Zone? Considering his status as an alternate universe anomaly, I think that his very interaction with Earth-1 at the time was defying the laws of reality and weakening them.

He ripped through the Teen Titans and JSA? Black Adam just did that in 'World War III.'

He broke free from his imprisonment of the Flashes? Total speculation as to how he did that. You can't just equate him as to being greater than the Speedforce now.

He tore through the GL corps? They were all rookies save for maybe 3-5 veterans. I think Superman could absolutely do the same thing, barring K-nite.

I just wasn't impressed. He was badass, but the danger he posed came from his insanity and brutality. Not his power. Indeed, I will go so far as to say that Superman has a better chance against Thanos then Superboy Prime for the very same reasons others have cited. He's immature and inexperienced. And if anybody needs a refresher on the types of strategems and traps Thanos is capable of employing, reread the 'Thanos Quest' and how he defeats each bearer of the Infinite Gem.

llagrok
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

I didn't see too much from Superboy Prime that surprised me. Which leads me to my next point, what did he do that was so impressive that made everyone believe he was so uber?

He one-shotted Power Girl and Martian Manhunter? Yeah. I'm pretty sure Superman could do that.

He broke free from the Phantom Zone? Considering his status as an alternate universe anomaly, I think that his very interaction with Earth-1 at the time was defying the laws of reality and weakening them.

He ripped through the Teen Titans and JSA? Black Adam just did that in 'World War III.'

He broke free from his imprisonment of the Flashes? Total speculation as to how he did that. You can't just equate him as to being greater than the Speedforce now.

He tore through the GL corps? They were all rookies save for maybe 3-5 veterans. I think Superman could absolutely do the same thing, barring K-nite.

I just wasn't impressed. He was badass, but the danger he posed came from his insanity and brutality. Not his power. Indeed, I will go so far as to say that Superman has a better chance against Thanos then Superboy Prime for the very same reasons others have cited. He's immature and inexperienced. And if anybody needs a refresher on the types of strategems and traps Thanos is capable of employing, reread the 'Thanos Quest' and how he defeats each bearer of the Infinite Gem.

I especially agree with what you said in the end there. Supeboy was trying to kill people in the end, that's why he seemed so much stronger than Superman. He wasn't holding back, he was completely ruthless.

Superboy Prime
Thanos' cunning mind is the reason I think he beats SBP. Because in the strength, speed, durability department he is outclassed. But brains over muscles; mad titan for the win.

Bentley
You can argue in the durability part too.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Bentley
You can argue in the durability part too.

Nah.

Mider999
thanos loses if no prep is allowed.

Bentley
What are the best durability feats of SBP?

Soljer
Thanos.

Galan007
Round 1:

Thanos

Round 2:

SBP

the Darkone
Thanos in both.

Board Walker
bump

occultdestroyer
The answer's pretty obvious.

Superboy Prime rapestomps Thanos 11/10 on both occasions

Faster, stronger, and most of all he can FLY (Thanos has no ability to fly, I don't know why most disregard this disadvantage). He might not be as smart as Thanos, but the overall greatness is > in SBP

quanchi112

I just wasn't impressed. He was badass, but the danger he posed came from his insanity and brutality. Not his power. Indeed, I will go so far as to say that Superman has a better chance against Thanos then Superboy Prime for the very same reasons others have cited. He's immature and inexperienced. And if anybody needs a refresher on the types of strategems and traps Thanos is capable of employing, reread the 'Thanos Quest' and how he defeats each bearer of the Infinite Gem. You really are on a streak and a tear on this forum. No one even tries to argue with you anymore it seems.

Anyways I always thought that Thanos won and always listed Prime's inexperience as a reason why. I was never as impressed with Prime as most were on here imo. He is one of my faves but all his really impressive feats came when he had the guardian powerup.

Thanos wins both.

Estacado
Prime ftw.

Bouboumaster
Thanos on both.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Prime ftw. In which scenario?

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
Round 1:

Thanos

Round 2:

SBP

Nihilist
1.thanos
2.thanos

Juntai

I just wasn't impressed. He was badass, but the danger he posed came from his insanity and brutality. Not his power. Indeed, I will go so far as to say that Superman has a better chance against Thanos then Superboy Prime for the very same reasons others have cited. He's immature and inexperienced. And if anybody needs a refresher on the types of strategems and traps Thanos is capable of employing, reread the 'Thanos Quest' and how he defeats each bearer of the Infinite Gem. I may have agreed with this, back when you wrote it, but Superboy Prime has just gotten stronger and stronger. Even at partial power, Kal couldn't stand next to him WITH the JSA/JLA backing him up. And that wasn't even the half of it.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
In which scenario?
2nd.

quanchi112
2nd. How does he beat Thanos in your opinion?

Dark-Jaxx
Round 1 goes to Thanos obviously.

Round 2 goes to SMP.

occultdestroyer
This is easy for SMP.
He just needs to destroy the planet they're on, and let Thanos float adrift in space.

SMP 10/10

Board Walker
I would give both rounds to SMP

Even round 1, SMP with prep, and his resources at hand, the wall, magic, tech etc. combined with his intelligence and intellect of pre crisis levels.

By the way I go by current showings, so that would be current SMP who is traveling the omniverse with ease.

redhotrash
Prime was written to be D.C.'s next universal threat. While you could argue AM's condition at the time, the fact remains that Prime took out what would basically be D.C.'s version of Galactus.
When Thanos took on all of Marvel's greatest heros, he was using the IG, granted to a limited degree. SBP wouldve crushed them all on his own. I will say Thanos would likely win on prep. He'd likely find a way to turn off Prime's power, or steal it for himself. However without the prep Im giving this to Prime.

quanchi112
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
This is easy for SMP.
He just needs to destroy the planet they're on, and let Thanos float adrift in space.

SMP 10/10 You do realize when Drax and Thanos battled the planet they were on was destroyed and that Thanos was the victor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Board Walker
I would give both rounds to SMP

Even round 1, SMP with prep, and his resources at hand, the wall, magic, tech etc. combined with his intelligence and intellect of pre crisis levels.

By the way I go by current showings, so that would be current SMP who is traveling the omniverse with ease. I disagree with pretty much this entire post but seriously what does it matter that he is traveling the omniverse. How does that help him defeat Thanos?

When did Prime do anything remotely intelligent also. You do realize that during the infinite crisis that Luthor was the brains of the operation right.

occultdestroyer
You do realize when Drax and Thanos battled the planet they were on was destroyed and that Thanos was the victor.
Except this isn't Drax.
This is SBP

SBP >>> Drax in all aspects

quanchi112
Except this isn't Drax.
This is SBP

SBP >>> Drax in all aspects Originally posted by occultdestroyer
This is easy for SMP.

SMP 10/10 But thats not your reasoning or your explanation. You said that when you destroy the planet that Thanos is stationed on that he loses. It had nothing to do with Drax and Prime it had to do with the destruction of the planet. I just proved your theory incorrect imo.

occultdestroyer
But thats not your reasoning or your explanation. You said that when you destroy the planet that Thanos is stationed on that he loses. It had nothing to do with Drax and Prime it had to do with the destruction of the planet. I just proved your theory incorrect imo.
Well, after destroying the planet, SBP could do a variety of things in his disposal, much more than what Drax could do.

While Thanos is floating, he can use his heat vision from a distance, ice breath, speedblitz and punch him 1000 times before Thanos reacts, etc.

There's just too many ways to destroy a non-amped Thanos.

skyfather
Well, after destroying the planet, SBP could do a variety of things in his disposal, much more than what Drax could do.

While Thanos is floating, he can use his heat vision from a distance, ice breath, speedblitz and punch him 1000 times before Thanos reacts, etc.

There's just too many ways to destroy a non-amped Thanos.

hows smp gonna "desrtoy" thanos,when odin or tyran couldnt do it.

quanchi112

There's just too many ways to destroy a non-amped Thanos. When has Prime ever punched anyone 1000times before they can react? Why even destroy the planet. When has Prime destroyed a planet while fighting an opponent as a means to defeat them or handicap them? Do you even think he is bright enough to do this? I know Thanos has caused the destruction of a planet while battling someone but I have yet to hear of Prime doing this.

Imo Thanos mindrapes him or encases him in pure force block. Those are two easy options for the win. If they brawl Thanos still wins as he has him beat in durability and feats.

quanchi112
Originally posted by skyfather
hows smp gonna "desrtoy" thanos,when odin or tyran couldnt do it. Not only that but also the fact that Thanos has been upgraded since those fights as well.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by skyfather
hows smp gonna "desrtoy" thanos,when odin or tyran couldnt do it.
You are vastly underestimating the sheer power of SMP.
He is much, much more powerful than Odin and Tyrant combined.

occultdestroyer
When has Prime ever punched anyone 1000times before they can react? Why even destroy the planet. When has Prime destroyed a planet while fighting an opponent as a means to defeat them or handicap them? Do you even think he is bright enough to do this? I know Thanos has caused the destruction of a planet while battling someone but I have yet to hear of Prime doing this.

Imo Thanos mindrapes him or encases him in pure force block. Those are two easy options for the win. If they brawl Thanos still wins as he has him beat in durability and feats.
Who said Superman wasn't smart?

BTW I was merely pointing out that destroying the planet could be one of the tactics he could employ in this fight, if all else fails.

Speedblitzing as fast as speed of light, and punching him a 1000 times is also logical and possible in SMP's powerset.

You are overrating Thanos because of his past accomplishments.
None of it accounts for this match.

SMP 9/10 unless proven otherwise.

Board Walker
guanchi, do you honestly believe Thanos could defeat the monarch? That SMP destroyed and survived the destruction of that universe imploding in his face?

When has SMP speed blitzed everyone?
1. He speed blitzed 3 flashes simultaniously, and this was pre super man prime.

2. When he is SMP on earth, he speed blitzes and over powers, earths combined forces against him.

3. He fights off earths forced, the green lanterns corps, and the yellow lanterns corps, and kills the Anti monitor all simultaniously.

Geeze what else has SMP done?

He survived a guardians suicide attack on him, which only empowered him.

He defeated Mr MXY and forcefuly enslaved him.

He has used source wall tech, magic, and anti monitor tech

He is a pre crisis kryptonian amped by a guardians energy, what the hell is thanos going to do? This guy transcends the multiverse, their is no BFR here.

His punches retcon reality, he defies magic, energy manipulation, has no exploitable weaknesses, what the hell is thanos going to do?

Bentley
I thought he still had the red sun weakness.

joesdabest1
Titan wins both rather easily.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Bentley
I thought he still had the red sun weakness.

Was stated in an interview by the writers, that red sun energy doesn't weaken him as it does regular superman, but it does not empower him as yellow sun light does.

Superman primes cells when not charged run out very quickly, and with no yellow sunlight he loses power.

Its not red sunlight that weakened him, as it was shown in the comics that super boy prime was immune to red sunlight while pre crisis superman was not.

It is the lack of yellow sunlight that weakens him, thus why he made the suit after being away from a yellow sun for four years while trapped in the speed force, his cells were depleted.

Jugglenaut
SBP isn't amped any more, and Thanos is DEAD.

Dark-Jaxx
When has Prime ever punched anyone 1000times before they can react? Why even destroy the planet. When has Prime destroyed a planet while fighting an opponent as a means to defeat them or handicap them? Do you even think he is bright enough to do this? I know Thanos has caused the destruction of a planet while battling someone but I have yet to hear of Prime doing this.

Imo Thanos mindrapes him or encases him in pure force block. Those are two easy options for the win. If they brawl Thanos still wins as he has him beat in durability and feats. SMP can blitz three Flashes simultaneously, blitzing Thanos is well within his powerset. Thanos is SLOOOOOOOOW. He hasn't destroyed a planet in a fight granted, but it is within his powerset to push a planet into Thanos, but not neccessarily in his character.

Imprison SMP? Yeah because all the attempts to contain SMP have worked wonders right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindrape is a viable option as SMP has shown no resistance to it, no one has tried.

In a brawl? Bullshit. SMP is MUCH stronger than Thanos, he can hold him down physically if he wanted, and would do it easily. SMP is so much faster than Thanos that Thanos would not get a single hit in. Thanos is not more durable than SMP. Not by a long shot. SMP survived the destruction of a universe, and he did it after his amp was gone. So no, in all physical ways, SMP is superior to Thanos.

horrorwolf
Thanos takes this, and easier than you think.

Estacado
Imo Thanos encases him in pure force block.
crylaugh
So Prime can break out of the Phantom Zone and the Speed Force but Thanos will imprison him in a block of energy....

OneDumbG0
guanchi, do you honestly believe Thanos could defeat the monarch? That SMP destroyed and survived the destruction of that universe imploding in his face?

2. When he is SMP on earth, he speed blitzes and over powers, earths combined forces against him.

3. He fights off earths forced, the green lanterns corps, and the yellow lanterns corps, and kills the Anti monitor all simultaniously."Do you know how exactly Superman Prime survived the destruction of Earth-51?" And just a few comments... In Infinite Crisis, Bart did proper-f@ck speedblitz Superman Prime twice on his own. Once when Bart lost his temper and the other when he literally thrashed him after returning from the future with residual Speed Force powers. And yes, residual, since he passed out upon returning and eventually lost all access at the end.

IMHO, he didn't dominate everybody in Sinestro Corps War anymore than an insane Black Adam did in World War III. He actually was defeated by Earth's defense forces until the sun came up. He then defeats the Anti-Monitor AFTER a prolonged assault by the Guardians on AM and a galaxy destroying blast. Afterwards, he kills a few rookie GL's and YL's while holding off Power Girl and Superman. The two Corps and Earth's heroes were still fighting each other. They didn't all focus their attention on Superman Prime. Black Adam could kill a few rookie GLs and YL's while wrestling with Power Girl and Superman, IMHO if he had eyebeams.

Is he stronger and faster than Superman? Yes. But his feats don't demonstrate superiority on a whole other level pre-Guardian amp.

He is a pre crisis kryptonian amped by a guardians energy, what the hell is thanos going to do? This guy transcends the multiverse, their is no BFR here.He was "removed from this universe atom by atom." Those were the Guardians' own words. The Guardians were specific about banishing Superman Prime. His absorbing the energies was a plot device fluke and assuming that this accident was a virtue of Superman Prime's power is speculation.

Annataz was the one who "depowered" Mr. Mxy and Mr. Mxy was playing a practical joke on Superman Prime the entire time. How many times does this have to be repeated? Did anybody read Countdown at all?

Superman Prime imitated Anti-Monitor's armor to feed him yellow sunlight and nothing more. But since when does this hypothetical fight give Superman Prime access to Source Wall tech and Annataz's magic? Superman Prime is super-intelligent with technology. That is undoubtable. Doesn't matter in these two scenarios.

For the last god damn time, Superman Prime is not a pre-Crisis Kryptonian. PC-Superboy was either a teenage Superman-1 or Superman-2. Superman Prime had a grand total of like five feats before Crisis on Infinite Earths actually happened. And none of them approached pre-Kryptonian omgwtfbbq levels. Classification through mere association = phail. Additionally, he no longer has his Guardian amp. And we all know his Guardian amp was the most likely vehicle for his ability to travel the DC multiverse.
His punches retcon reality, he defies magic, energy manipulation, has no exploitable weaknesses, what the hell is thanos going to do?First, he was a multiversal anomaly in the DC multiverse. Which is sufficient explanation as to why he was able to retcon their fragile reality. Second, he never retconned reality after New Earth and the new 52 multiverse was formed in Infinite Crisis. What's the difference between those two periods in time? Alexander Luthor's machinations. Either way, whatever inherent retcon ability you wish to project onto him never manifests itself again. Nuff said.

He has no magic weakness, true. But he isn't immune to magic. Either way, Thanos hasn't used magic to my knowledge except to create his Dr. Strange/Thanos hybrid clone. Superman Prime never defied active energy manipulation. And a red sun's radiation stripped him of his power. Nobody's used telepathy on him either. He's obviously subject to teleportation. It's a tough fight, one that Thanos would have to use his strategy and cunning to win, rather than on his raw power. But it's not impossible.

OneDumbG0
Was stated in an interview by the writers, that red sun energy doesn't weaken him as it does regular superman, but it does not empower him as yellow sun light does.

Superman primes cells when not charged run out very quickly, and with no yellow sunlight he loses power.

Its not red sunlight that weakened him, as it was shown in the comics that super boy prime was immune to red sunlight while pre crisis superman was not.

It is the lack of yellow sunlight that weakens him, thus why he made the suit after being away from a yellow sun for four years while trapped in the speed force, his cells were depleted. It's very arguable that Superboy Prime was immune to red sunlight from that pre-Crisis scan in his respect thread. Also, in Infinite Crisis, Superboy Prime appears to be suggesting that his powerlessness was attributable to his armor being destroyed rather then the red sundip. But when you take a closer look, there are more recent instances of red sun radiation working on him. In the future, the Flashes trapped Superboy Prime in a room with red sunlight. At the end of Infinite Crisis, Superboy Prime is trapped inside a GL containment field surrounded by a junior red Sun-eater. Superman Prime also got hurt by Redstar in Sinestro Corps War, albeit briefly. If he was immune, Redstar wouldn't have been able to affect him at all. Inconsistency between pre-Crisis and post-Crisis? What else is new?

Either way, going by your arguments, all Thanos has to do to a current Superman Prime is destroy his power armor and he's instantly depowered. That'd be pretty weak. But I certainly don't mind adopting your theory if you can give me the interview you are referring to.

quanchi112
He is much, much more powerful than Odin and Tyrant combined. Are you serious? I hope this is sarcasm.

quanchi112
Who said Superman wasn't smart?

BTW I was merely pointing out that destroying the planet could be one of the tactics he could employ in this fight, if all else fails.

Speedblitzing as fast as speed of light, and punching him a 1000 times is also logical and possible in SMP's powerset.

You are overrating Thanos because of his past accomplishments.
None of it accounts for this match.

SMP 9/10 unless proven otherwise. If Prime has never hit anyone 1,000 times per second then imo you are making something up with no rationale whatsoever imo.

Superman is intelligent but Prime is an arrogant immature adolescent who lacks a lot of things. Intelligence and quick thinking are two things he lacks here.

The Runner couldnt hit Thanos a thousand times per second and he imo is faster than Prime.

quanchi112

3. He fights off earths forced, the green lanterns corps, and the yellow lanterns corps, and kills the Anti monitor all simultaniously.

He is a pre crisis kryptonian amped by a guardians energy, what the hell is thanos going to do? This guy transcends the multiverse, their is no BFR here.

His punches retcon reality, he defies magic, energy manipulation, has no exploitable weaknesses, what the hell is thanos going to do? You do realize the Prime that took on the Monarch isnt in this thread dont you?

That was guardian amped Prime who was much more powerful than when at his core capabilities.

His punches have never retconned reality imo. He has broken out of prisons thereby retconning reality but his mere punches dont retcon reality.

He didnt kill the Am all he did was bfr him after he took a galaxy destroying blast. You seem to be pumping out lots of misinformation imo.

Yes he did fight 3 flashes and he lost. They imprisoned him. He broke out of this prison but he didnt manage to defeat these 3 flashes. He fears the flashes imo.

Annataz and Prime defeated Mxy because she took away his magical powers and broke his will. Again misinformation and lack of context imo.

This is current Prime who doesnt have the guardian powerup so all those feats are moot points. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
SMP can blitz three Flashes simultaneously, blitzing Thanos is well within his powerset. Thanos is SLOOOOOOOOW. He hasn't destroyed a planet in a fight granted, but it is within his powerset to push a planet into Thanos, but not neccessarily in his character.

Imprison SMP? Yeah because all the attempts to contain SMP have worked wonders right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindrape is a viable option as SMP has shown no resistance to it, no one has tried.

In a brawl? Bullshit. SMP is MUCH stronger than Thanos, he can hold him down physically if he wanted, and would do it easily. SMP is so much faster than Thanos that Thanos would not get a single hit in. Thanos is not more durable than SMP. Not by a long shot. SMP survived the destruction of a universe, and he did it after his amp was gone. So no, in all physical ways, SMP is superior to Thanos. Here is my point.

Most would agree that Thanos rapes Superman in a forum fight. But then when you talk about prime his speed somehow closes the deal when it doesnt get the win for Superman why would it seal the deal for Prime?

You realize Thanos can teleport? I cant believe you are saying that Prime would hurl planets into Thanos to beat him. I never have heard of such a thing but he teleports easily out of the way.

This block of pure force worked on Thor so I see no reason why it wouldnt work on Prime. Thor with the power gem has raped more powerful characters at once than Prime has. Prime seems to hit one and move on. Thor seemed to destroy Strange,the Watch, and the Surfer wit them having no real answer for Thor. Then they sent him to Thanos who easily stopped him. Thats how good Thanos tech is imo.

I havent read losh so did Prime survive on his own or did the time trapper save him?

Physically though Thanos cant be put down here as he has survived Odin and this was before his final upgrade. Odin>Prime imo.

crylaugh
So Prime can break out of the Phantom Zone and the Speed Force but Thanos will imprison him in a block of energy.... He needed time to break free from these constraints. Just as a bfr doesnt permanently keep you away it does grant you the win.

Force block imo is an easy way to win. Thor with the power gem imo was more than Prime at his base power levels.

Kid Kurdy
The Runner couldnt hit Thanos a thousand times per second and he imo is faster than Prime.
Did the Runner actually try to hit Thanos a thousand times ? Of course not.

So why do you assume somebody like Runner can not hit Thanos a thousand times ? It's well within his power set.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Did the Runner actually try to hit Thanos a thousand times ? Of course not.

So why do you assume somebody like Runner can not hit Thanos a thousand times ? It's well within his power set. Because just throwing an insane number like 1,000 when its never been done is ridiculous imo.

Has the Runner hit anyone 1,000 times in a second? If you havent seen it why would you assume its possible?

I go by feats and what I see on panel.

The Great Galen
Here is my point.

Most would agree that Thanos rapes Superman in a forum fight. But then when you talk about prime his speed somehow closes the deal when it doesnt get the win for Superman why would it seal the deal for Prime?

You realize Thanos can teleport? I cant believe you are saying that Prime would hurl planets into Thanos to beat him. I never have heard of such a thing but he teleports easily out of the way.

This block of pure force worked on Thor so I see no reason why it wouldnt work on Prime. Thor with the power gem has raped more powerful characters at once than Prime has. Prime seems to hit one and move on. Thor seemed to destroy Strange,the Watch, and the Surfer wit them having no real answer for Thor. Then they sent him to Thanos who easily stopped him. Thats how good Thanos tech is imo.

I havent read losh so did Prime survive on his own or did the time trapper save him?

Physically though Thanos cant be put down here as he has survived Odin and this was before his final upgrade. Odin>Prime imo.

He needed time to break free from these constraints. Just as a bfr doesnt permanently keep you away it does grant you the win.

Force block imo is an easy way to win. Thor with the power gem imo was more than Prime at his base power levels.

Are you still with the containment block thing that u actually believe would work on PC supes. As it has been stated before, the only reason ti worked on Thor with the PG for a short bit was because he wasnt in his right mind....besdies with someone as fast as prime how do u assume Thanos could even react to someone who blitz all the flashes at once.

If we break down the stats thanos is dealing with someone much faster,phsycially stronger and just about as durable. In fact durability will probably be the only thing that keeps Thanos in this fight for awhile...thats about it. SBP 9/10

Estacado
Off course Thor could easily go up against Superman,Power Girl,Sentinel,John Stewart ,Kilowog ,3 Guardians a bunch of other lanterns and sinestro corp members at the same time...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dark-Jaxx
Here is my point.

Physically though Thanos cant be put down here as he has survived Odin and this was before his final upgrade. Odin>Prime imo. 1. Because SMP is much stronger, faster, durable, and much more powerful than Superman? confused

2. I even said it is not within his character, but he factually has moved planets like chess pieces. It shows how much stronger he is than Thanos.

3. Prime when powered by the yellow sun in SCW was nigh unstoppable, characters like Superman, Supergirl, Powergirl, Wonderwoman, and the MArtian Manhunter, all very physically powerful, could not hold down Prime once a beam of sunlight hit his hand. SMP's HV went through Superman's shoulder like butter, and this was after his solar suit was mostly destroyed. Thor with the PG has never broken through dimensions or barriers like SMP has. The Phantom Zone didn't take time to break through, he punched right through it. Oh, and Odin physically went right through the Force Block. For all of Odin's power, he is still no doubt weaker physically than SMP.

4. On the scan it shows SMP floating in space and Time Trapper pulling Prime into the future. Nothing has been said about TT reviving SMP.

5. Odin is nothing compared to SMP in a pure physical brawl for starters. And Odin's "fight" with Thanos mostly consisted of Odin beating the crap out of Thanos. Thanos mostly showed his stamina and durability to take punishment from Odin, but nothing Thanos did really affected Odin. Odin put Thanos on his ass a few times. Odin stood the entire fight. And there is a difference between being blasted and being punched, Thanos has never simply taken a punch with ease from someone as strong as SMP.

Dark-Jaxx
Off course Thor could easily go up against Superman,Power Girl,Sentinel,John Stewart ,Kilowog ,3 Guardians a bunch of other lanterns and sinestro corp members at the same time...... roll eyes (sarcastic) Just outta curiosity what is the general powerlevel people consider Guardians to be? Sub-Skyfather? Skyfather? What?

Estacado
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Just outta curiosity what is the general powerlevel people consider Guardians to be? Sub-Skyfather? Skyfather? What?
Well a few years ago they said that each guardian could empower a 100 gls.IIRC

Dark-Jaxx
Well a few years ago they said that each guardian could empower a 100 gls.IIRC Yeah and I think Hal said they can crack a planet in half with a thought as well.

So maybe Low Skyfather?

Board Walker
You do realize the Prime that took on the Monarch isnt in this thread dont you?

That was guardian amped Prime who was much more powerful than when at his core capabilities.

His punches have never retconned reality imo. He has broken out of prisons thereby retconning reality but his mere punches dont retcon reality.

He didnt kill the Am all he did was bfr him after he took a galaxy destroying blast. You seem to be pumping out lots of misinformation imo.

Yes he did fight 3 flashes and he lost. They imprisoned him. He broke out of this prison but he didnt manage to defeat these 3 flashes. He fears the flashes imo.

Annataz and Prime defeated Mxy because she took away his magical powers and broke his will. Again misinformation and lack of context imo.

This is current Prime who doesnt have the guardian powerup so all those feats are moot points. smile

The SMP who killed monarch is the SMP in this thread, forum rules state it is always current version of the character unless stated so, so yes all new showings are taken into account.

He speed blitzed 3 flashes while on earth, it wasn't until the end of the issue when 3 flashes took him to the speed zone. And even then after four years of being with no yellow sunlight to deplete his cell reserves, he still managed to defeat Bart and break out.

It was bart who was afraid of SMP when he was coming back, or are you going to tell me that when bart came to warn the others that wasn't a face of fear?

SMP defeated mxy, not annataz, he punched into the 5th dimension and pulled him out, it wasn't until later that he contracted annataz, and even then she refused to help him.

Yes this is current prime, who killed the monarch, survived the big bang at point blank, with nothing more then half his costume being tattered up.

In case you haven't kept up with prime, hes alive and well, and survived the big bang with nothing more then a few scratches, hes currently in the 31st century. And it is not stated if he lost the guardians powers, and it is also not stated if he gained monarchs powers.

So yeah, stop lying.

P.S. In case you are unfamiliar with time trapper, hes a DC villian, and old one in fact, and no he didnt revive prime, all time trapper did was move him to the 31st century, Time trapper has never been shown to revive people.

Avlon
Because just throwing an insane number like 1,000 when its never been done is ridiculous imo.

Has the Runner hit anyone 1,000 times in a second? If you havent seen it why would you assume its possible?

I go by feats and what I see on panel.

Great! So since we've seen Thanos get single shotted miles away by Thor, then Prime should be playing planetary volleyball with Thanos body with ease and have easy control over the battle. smile Or he could just throw him in deep space to be helpless before Thanos can even react.

It should be even easier with the massive speed advantage that Sbp enjoys over both characters. smile

The Great Galen
Oh i thought it was SBP...,if its current then 10/10 for prime.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Are you still with the containment block thing that u actually believe would work on PC supes. As it has been stated before, the only reason ti worked on Thor with the PG for a short bit was because he wasnt in his right mind....besdies with someone as fast as prime how do u assume Thanos could even react to someone who blitz all the flashes at once.

If we break down the stats thanos is dealing with someone much faster,phsycially stronger and just about as durable. In fact durability will probably be the only thing that keeps Thanos in this fight for awhile...thats about it. SBP 9/10 When didi it say that? When did it say that it only worked on Thor because he was confused?

They attacked his mind when he was in there and he turned the tables. He wasnt mad. It worked because he wasnt powerful enough yet to free himself but in a few hours he would be. Thanos also strengthened the field through other tech to buy himself more time.

I saw many characters react to Prime who dont possess superspeed. How many times has he used his superspeed in combat against anyone other than the Flash?

Prove he is stronger. He isnt as durable either. Mindrape is an easy win imo as well.

In which scenario do you give Prime the 9 of 10?

Board Walker
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Oh i thought it was SBP...,if its current then 10/10 for prime.

It is current SBP

You do realize the Prime that took on the Monarch isnt in this thread dont you?

The SMP who killed monarch is the SMP in this thread, forum rules state it is always current version of the character unless stated so, so yes all new showings are taken into account.

He speed blitzed 3 flashes while on earth, it wasn't until the end of the issue when 3 flashes took him to the speed zone. And even then after four years of being with no yellow sunlight to deplete his cell reserves, he still managed to defeat Bart and break out.

It was bart who was afraid of SMP when he was coming back, or are you going to tell me that when bart came to warn the others that wasn't a face of fear?

SMP defeated mxy, not annataz, he punched into the 5th dimension and pulled him out, it wasn't until later that he contracted annataz, and even then she refused to help him.

Yes this is current prime, who killed the monarch, survived the big bang at point blank, with nothing more then half his costume being tattered up.

In case you haven't kept up with prime, hes alive and well, and survived the big bang with nothing more then a few scratches, hes currently in the 31st century. And it is not stated if he lost the guardians powers, and it is also not stated if he gained monarchs powers.

So yeah, stop lying.

P.S. In case you are unfamiliar with time trapper, hes a DC villian, and old one in fact, and no he didnt revive prime, all time trapper did was move him to the 31st century, Time trapper has never been shown to revive people.

Avlon
Mindrape is an easy win imo as well.

How did you come to this conclusion?

Mindrape hasn't been used/shown to be effective or ineffective on Superboy Prime.

Should we all assume that kryptonian spit is deadly to Thanos?

quanchi112
Off course Thor could easily go up against Superman,Power Girl,Sentinel,John Stewart ,Kilowog ,3 Guardians a bunch of other lanterns and sinestro corp members at the same time...... roll eyes (sarcastic) Ok Ill give you my opinion here and the obvious differences with these two stories.

There was a massive battle underway. So it wasnt a concentrated attack by any means. Prime was hitting random people. They all werent opposing him at once. When one guardian grabbed him Prime was done.

Sure he hit the other characters but did no significant damage.

Thor was taking on a group gathered to stop him. Thor didnt turn rogue in the middle of a battle and hitting people at random.

There you go. Two entirely different scenarios imo.

The Great Galen
sick Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok Ill give you my opinion here and the obvious differences with these two stories.

There was a massive battle underway. So it wasnt a concentrated attack by any means. Prime was hitting random people. They all werent opposing him at once. When one guardian grabbed him Prime was done.

Sure he hit the other characters but did no significant damage.

Thor was taking on a group gathered to stop him. Thor didnt turn rogue in the middle of a battle and hitting people at random.

There you go. Two entirely different scenarios imo.

Board Walker
When didi it say that? When did it say that it only worked on Thor because he was confused?

They attacked his mind when he was in there and he turned the tables. He wasnt mad. It worked because he wasnt powerful enough yet to free himself but in a few hours he would be. Thanos also strengthened the field through other tech to buy himself more time.

I saw many characters react to Prime who dont possess superspeed. How many times has he used his superspeed in combat against anyone other than the Flash?

Prove he is stronger. He isnt as durable either. Mindrape is an easy win imo as well.

In which scenario do you give Prime the 9 of 10?

speed
1. speed blitzes three flashes simultaniously
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/RealVSClone8.jpg

2. Moves all the planets of the entire universe, to reallign the center of it, so fast that no one notices, and even the inhabitants of the planets do not notice or are harmed.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/planetmovehigh.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/planetmovehigh2.jpg

3. Pre crisis superman impressed by primes speed as a boy
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_07.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_08.jpg

4. Pre crisis superman says prime is fast
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_12.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_13.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_14.jpg

5. The only way flash managed to beat a weakened superboy prime back to the main DC universe from the speed force, was that he had to absorb the entire speed force.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/flash6oroboros031rc0af8.jpg

Board Walker
Originally posted by Avlon
How did you come to this conclusion?

Mindrape hasn't been used/shown to be effective or ineffective on Superboy Prime.

Should we all assume that kryptonian spit is deadly to Thanos?

SMP has never shown weakness to psionics, or mind attacks, in any way, shape, or form.

quanchi112
It is current SBP

So yeah, stop lying.

P.S. In case you are unfamiliar with time trapper, hes a DC villian, and old one in fact, and no he didnt revive prime, all time trapper did was move him to the 31st century, Time trapper has never been shown to revive people. This thread was created in 2006.

We cant take into consideration the guardian amp because it was only temporary. it wasnt current when this thread was created and isnt current now. So unless otherwise specified its out.

He managed to break out due to his suit. The suit fed him power it isnt like he beat him powerless or anything.

The mxy feat has been explained. If you want to post misinformation it only hurts you imo.

He lost the guardians powerup in the middle of his battle with Monarch. It was explained on panel there sparky.

Time trapper might have removed him from the timestream before the blast consumed him. I never once said that he revived him. smile

quanchi112
Great! So since we've seen Thanos get single shotted miles away by Thor, then Prime should be playing planetary volleyball with Thanos body with ease and have easy control over the battle. smile Or he could just throw him in deep space to be helpless before Thanos can even react.

It should be even easier with the massive speed advantage that Sbp enjoys over both characters. smile What Thor feat are you referring to exactly?

Do you have any proof or any canon scans where someone just dominates Thanos in this manner?

quanchi112
speed
1. speed blitzes three flashes simultaniously
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/RealVSClone8.jpg

2. Moves all the planets of the entire universe, to reallign the center of it, so fast that no one notices, and even the inhabitants of the planets do not notice or are harmed.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/planetmovehigh.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/planetmovehigh2.jpg

3. Pre crisis superman impressed by primes speed as a boy
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_07.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_08.jpg

4. Pre crisis superman says prime is fast
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_12.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_13.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/DC_ComicsPresents087_14.jpg

5. The only way flash managed to beat a weakened superboy prime back to the main DC universe from the speed force, was that he had to absorb the entire speed force.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/flash6oroboros031rc0af8.jpg Ok what is this supposed to prove?

Again moving a planet quickly doesnt mean you win a forum battle. I coul dpost scans of Prime hitting Superboy and make the claim his punches arent even strong enough to oneshot Superboy.

Board Walker
This thread was created in 2006.

We cant take into consideration the guardian amp because it was only temporary. it wasnt current when this thread was created and isnt current now. So unless otherwise specified its out.

He managed to break out due to his suit. The suit fed him power it isnt like he beat him powerless or anything.

The mxy feat has been explained. If you want to post misinformation it only hurts you imo.

He lost the guardians powerup in the middle of his battle with Monarch. It was explained on panel there sparky.

Time trapper might have removed him from the timestream before the blast consumed him. I never once said that he revived him. smile

Prime with guradian amp is taken in consideration, because it is not shown if it is entirely gone at this point, you have no scans to prove this.

The mxy feat was shown on panel that prime punched into the 5th dimension and forcefully pulled him out
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/5dpunch.jpg

He did not lose his guardian power up during the fight with monarch, all that monarch said was "your running out of juice". And yet superman still rips him in two, and survives the big bang at point blank
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Countdown13p16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Countdown13p17.jpg

Your fault if you can't recogize speed
1. he speed blitzed 3 flashes simultaniously thanos can not do this
2. he moved a vast majority of planets from all around the universe, near simultaniously, to realliagn the center of the universe. thanos can not do this
3. he out sped pre crsis superman in speed thanos can not do this
4. The only way bart was able to out race super boy prime back from the speed zone, after prime was in a weaker state then he had ever been from his cell reserves being depleted after four years of no yellow sunlight. Bart had to absorb the entire speed force to boost his speed just to barely out race him back.
thanos can not do this

Avlon
What Thor feat are you referring to exactly?

Do you have any proof or any canon scans where someone just dominates Thanos in this manner?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Thanosboom.jpg

Boom. Thanos fly far far away in 1 shot.

Board Walker
Ok what is this supposed to prove?

Again moving a planet quickly doesnt mean you win a forum battle. I coul dpost scans of Prime hitting Superboy and make the claim his punches arent even strong enough to oneshot Superboy.

So basically your going to take all scans of SMP not one shotting people and use that as evidence of his weakness?

You make me laugh, shall I take all the scans of thanos not one shotting people and use it as evidence of his weakness?

Their are more scans of SMP one shotting people then him not, lets use the example of when prime attacks earth and overwhelms all of its forces once dawn came, or when he fought earths forces, the green lanterns, the sinestro corps, and the guardians all simultaneously and was winning.

Including downing Ion.

quanchi112
Prime with guradian amp is taken in consideration, because it is not shown if it is entirely gone at this point, you have no scans to prove this.

The mxy feat was shown on panel that prime punched into the 5th dimension and forcefully pulled him out
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/5dpunch.jpg

He did not lose his guardian power up during the fight with monarch, all that monarch said was "your running out of juice". And yet superman still rips him in two, and survives the big bang at point blank
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Countdown13p16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Countdown13p17.jpg

Your fault if you can't recogize speed
1. he speed blitzed 3 flashes simultaniously thanos can not do this
2. he moved a vast majority of planets from all around the universe, near simultaniously, to realliagn the center of the universe. thanos can not do this
3. he out sped pre crsis superman in speed thanos can not do this
4. The only way bart was able to out race super boy prime back from the speed zone, after prime was in a weaker state then he had ever been from his cell reserves being depleted after four years of no yellow sunlight. Bart had to absorb the entire speed force to boost his speed just to barely out race him back.
thanos can not do this http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Countdown13p16.jpgHe says the energy you absorbed from the guardian is used up.
Did you read the whole scan you put up.

he snatched Mxy there but was able to keep him there due to Annataz's magic. Soon as she lifted the spells he left.

It doesnt matter that Thanos can fly etc. He beats characters with flight all the time. I know Prime is quicker but so is the Silver Surfer and Thanos rapes him.

Board Walker
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Countdown13p16.jpgHe says the energy you absorbed from the guardian is used up.
Did you read the whole scan you put up.

he snatched Mxy there but was able to keep him there due to Annataz's magic. Soon as she lifted the spells he left.

It doesnt matter that Thanos can fly etc. He beats characters with flight all the time. I know Prime is quicker but so is the Silver Surfer and Thanos rapes him.

As I said if you would of read my post, all monarch said was SMP was running out of juice, did it bear any relevance to his power? No.

prime still ripped him open and killed him, while surviving the big bang point blank with nothing but a few scratches.

Reread the comic then, SMP punched into the 5th dimension and forcefuly kept him at the wall, annataz was not forcefully keeping him there, prime was.

The only reason mxy escaped at the very end was due to her creating an escape spell for mxy to get away with, mxy was so weak he wasnt even able to do magic on his own at that point.

quanchi112
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Thanosboom.jpg

Boom. Thanos fly far far away in 1 shot. You do realize that Thanos was faking his own death there.

Thanos wasnt trying to defend himself or do anything other than his goal of faking his own death which he did masterfully. smile

quanchi112
As I said if you would of read my post, all monarch said was SMP was running out of juice, did it bear any relevance to his power? No.

prime still ripped him open and killed him, while surviving the big bang point blank with nothing but a few scratches.

Reread the comic then, SMP punched into the 5th dimension and forcefuly kept him at the wall, annataz was not forcefully keeping him there, prime was.

The only reason mxy escaped at the very end was due to her creating an escape spell for mxy to get away with, mxy was so weak he wasnt even able to do magic on his own at that point. Yes he ripped his armor open with his normal strength. His guardian power was used up and lon ggone. He shrunk. LOL.
I dont think Monarch is dead anyways.

Annatax took away his magic and his will. When she restored it he left. If you disagree thats fine but the comic supports me imo.

Board Walker
Yes he ripped his armor open with his normal strength. His guardian power was used up and lon ggone. He shrunk. LOL.
I dont think Monarch is dead anyways.

Annatax took away his magic and his will. When she restored it he left. If you disagree thats fine but the comic supports me imo.

lol who are you to say it was his normal strength? you have no comics showing this, shrunk? he was the same size.

As for mxy I have the page scans right in front of me, it was prime forcefully keeping mxy there with his own tech he made, not annataz.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy4.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy5.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy6.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy7.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy8.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy9.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy10.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy11.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy12.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy13.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy14.jpg

quanchi112
lol who are you to say it was his normal strength? you have no comics showing this, shrunk? he was the same size.

As for mxy I have the page scans right in front of me, it was prime forcefully keeping mxy there with his own tech he made, not annataz.
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy4.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy5.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy6.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy7.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy8.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy9.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy10.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy11.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy12.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy13.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/primemxy14.jpg In the scan here you can tell Prime is forcing her to take away Mxy's magic. So it isnt Prime on his own.

Monarch stated Prime lost his size and it was obvious in the comic as well when his guardian energy was used up. It said it in the scan I out up.

Board Walker
In the scan here you can tell Prime is forcing her to take away Mxy's magic. So it isnt Prime on his own.

Monarch stated Prime lost his size and it was obvious in the comic as well when his guardian energy was used up. It said it in the scan I out up.

Annataz is in no way even influencing mxy, shes in a corner cowering the entire time, until she chants a spell, which is shown on panel she says the words for it, and creates an exit in her own hat, which she then allows mxy to use.

The entire series shows prime using his tech such as the second scan, to hold and incapacitate mxy, as well as torturing mxy himself.

Prime is a genius, he has pre crisis intelligence levels, he built the energy collector suit, he used the source wall tech to make a prison for mxy, this is shown on panel.

Annataz did nothing but help mxy.

quanchi112
Annataz is in no way even influencing mxy, shes in a corner cowering the entire time, until she chants a spell, which is shown on panel she says the words for it, and creates an exit in her own hat, which she then allows mxy to use.

The entire series shows prime using his tech such as the second scan, to hold and incapacitate mxy, as well as torturing mxy himself.

Prime is a genius, he has pre crisis intelligence levels, he build the energy collector suit, he used the source wall tech to make a prison for mxy, this is shown on panel.

Annataz did nothing but help mxy. She says backwards no more magic for mxy. I mean go ahead on with your denial but its in the very scan you put up sparky.

Avlon
You do realize that Thanos was faking his own death there.

Thanos wasnt trying to defend himself or do anything other than his goal of faking his own death which he did masterfully. smile

I mentioned nothing of Thanos dying. Simply how he could be bfr'd pretty easily by SBP considering he could do what Masterson did far faster and with ease.

Board Walker
She says backwards no more magic for mxy. I mean go ahead on with your denial but its in the very scan you put up sparky.

Yes I can see that, and I acknowledge she prevented him from using magic, only after prime removes him from the prison he had made, the energy chains and such are tech not magic.

Prime by his own ability imprisoned him there, it was only after she restricted his magic that he freed him from the machine to torture him more.

But the fact remains prime without annataz punched through the 5th dimension, pulled mxy to him, and imprisoned him in a machine of tech he made.

Even when mxy still had his magic, he was unable to do anything to prevent prime from capturing him and imprisoning him, annataz silencing his magic was just so he could torture him freely with no worries of his escape.

On top of all of this, at the end of the issue, mxy wasnt even able to escape by his own power, annataz had to save him, thats how weak he was.

quanchi112
I mentioned nothing of Thanos dying. Simply how he could be bfr'd pretty easily by SBP considering he could do what Masterson did far faster and with ease. He wasnt resisting being bfr'd though friend. If this was an actual battle that Thanos tried to win you would have a point.

quanchi112
Yes I can see that, and I acknowledge she prevented him from using magic, only after prime removes him from the prison he had made, the energy chains and such are tech not magic.

Prime by his own ability imprisoned him there, it was only after she restricted his magic that he freed him from the machine to torture him more.

But the fact remains prime without annataz punched through the 5th dimension, pulled mxy to him, and imprisoned him in a machine of tech he made.

Even when mxy still had his magic, he was unable to do anything to prevent prime from capturing him and imprisoning him, annataz silencing his magic was just so he could torture him freely with no worries of his escape.

On top of all of this, at the end of the issue, mxy wasnt even able to escape by his own power, annataz had to save him, thats how weak he was. Mxy is nothing without his abilities and his will. When it was returned he escaped. So without Anntaz he couldnt keep him there and torture him. Annataz returned his magic.

You imo are making Mxy look bad because the fact remains that Prime could only accomplish all of this through Annataz's aid. You do realize Prime's goals werent met here. It was a big waste of time.

Board Walker
Mxy is nothing without his abilities and his will. When it was returned he escaped. So without Anntaz he couldnt keep him there and torture him. Annataz returned his magic.

You imo are making Mxy look bad because the fact remains that Prime could only accomplish all of this through Annataz's aid. You do realize Prime's goals werent met here. It was a big waste of time.

yeah primes goals were not accomplished here, its why he gave up on using magic to find his earth.

But none the less, I already agreed that annataz is the one who prevented mxy from using his magic which made it easier to mess around with mxy.

But the fact remains that previous to annataz, prime on his own punched through the 5th dimension, captured and held mxy prisoner using tech, not magic, until annataz used her magic to further incapacitate mxy.

Nihilist
He is much, much more powerful than Odin and Tyrant combined.

are you serious.

Avlon
He wasnt resisting being bfr'd though friend. If this was an actual battle that Thanos tried to win you would have a point.

I know he wasn't, but he was still caught unaware and sent flying far.
Primes speed, and strength could easily replicate that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>