Empire in depth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sesse
What was the profile of this system?

Leader: "Darth Sidious"
Leader of the cabinet: "?"
Armament minister "?"
Foreign minister "?"
Intelligence officer "?"

- The nation was a dictatorship.
- They had a standing army.
- They had a closed society.
- They were interventionists.
- They were on political <left-right> ?
- Partisan levels were about size of a 1 rebel fleet...
- There was a shortage of consumer goods.
- Main objective of their forces: "Anti-partisan duty"
- Was there a central planning or a free market?
- Hawk or Dove lobby?

Who paid peoples wages?
Were the taxes high?
Was there any discrimination based on race, religion (except Jedi), gender, political viewpoint, homeworld.. etc.

How much industrial capability did the Empire have?
How great was their bellingerence.
What about the Empires transport capacity.
Were they self-sufficent with resources.
Good or bad infrastructure and its further development?

How were their military tactics designed?
Did they go with firepower or mobility tactics.
How much funding did they put on research?
How many research teams.

Ideological or brute-force based control over masses?

1) "You must follow the great leader! He is the light(ning)!"
2) " Obey or die."

As "The regional governors have direct control over their provinces..."

How did they report? Was every little detail handled in Coruscant by Sidious and his cabinet? Were there "councils" where governors discussed about their moves, or was it every man for himself as long as he pleased Sidious?

End of query...

Captain REX
Sidious and Vader pretty much occupied all those top positions. Then there were the Grand Admirals that led the Navy/Army, and the Grand Moffs/Moffs who were in charge of systems (the Governors, basically.)

Intelligence was filled by Armand Isard until his daughter killed him and took over. The Imperial Security Bureau, I think.

Remind me what the right and left were and I can tell you better.

Hawk lobby. Definitely Hawk.

Discrimination of races? There was PLENTY. They bombed alien worlds without a thought, declaring the species to be nonsentient if people complained. Caamas, Alzoc III...and so on. Grand Admiral Thrawn was the only alien I know of that held a government/army position after the Senate was disbanded. The Emperor took a non-discriminative stance publicly, but he was the one going 'I want this race eradicated' and so on.

Of other religions...well, mostly Force-based cults that were of a Light Side nature, I suppose. They do exist.

Industrial capability of the Empire is immense. Just look at all the Star Destroyers and the Death Star, for example. And all those TIE fighters.

I'd say firepower. Death Star and Star Destroyers and AT-ATs are all about firepower.

Perhaps a combination of ideological and brute force control? If people didn't want to follow the ideological way, they got the brute force end of Palpatine's ruling stick.

The Moffs reported directly to Sidious, I would think. It seemed to be every man for himself as long as he pleased Sidious...they'd work together if they needed to, but mostly it was a matter of "I want to go up in the ranks, so if I mess up I'll blame this guy, and I'll steal this guy's work...etc. etc. etc."

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Captain REX
Intelligence was filled by Armand Isard until his daughter killed him and took over. The Imperial Security Bureau, I think.

Lovely family relations...

Drow anyone?

Janus Marius
The empire was so far right they think the Rosenbergs got a light sentence.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Janus Marius
The empire was so far right they think the Rosenbergs got a light sentence.

Everytime I think about the Rosenbergs I get depressed... I mean they deserved it I guess... but still.

Janus Marius
Selling weapons to the enemy? I think they got just what they deserved. They were toying with information that could take millions of lives.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Selling weapons to the enemy? I think they got just what they deserved. They were toying with information that could take millions of lives.

True they deserved it, but death is usually depressing in any case. I think really I just felt bad for the children. Although granted I doubt I'd get upset if Osama where to get wasted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.