World War 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jabba the Hutt
Well, this isn't really history. But do you think its possible? I thought the phsycic predictions that NuclearWinter posted were pretty interesting. This could be history in the making. Do you think it can really happen? And more importantly, will it happen?

Fatal Smoke
It's going to happen within the next 50 years is my gues, an could be caused by anything from oil, to racism, Etc..

Tangible God
And in WWIV, we'll be using sticks and stones.

Jabba the Hutt
They'll break your bones!

Barker
Isn't it World War III? confused

noneleft

Jabba the Hutt
No, its the "War in Iraq"

Nevermind
This is general discussion talk.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Nevermind
This is general discussion talk.

I agree. Silly title, really. How can you have the future in a history forum? That'd be like me teaching Science in the Religion Forum.

Fatal Smoke
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I agree. Silly title, really. How can you have the future in a history forum? That'd be like me teaching Science in the Religion Forum.
Unless it was scientology? O_o

Nevermind
Originally posted by Fatal Smoke

No that belongs in the general fiction forum.

Fatal Smoke
Did you even read what I quoted?

Nevermind
Did you even read what I quoted?

Yes, clearly you didn't get what I said.

Fatal Smoke
Yes, clearly you didn't get what I said.
It was a jokeI'm sure Janus would get it, but I guess you wouldn't...

Nevermind
It was a jokeI'm sure Janus would get it, but I guess you wouldn't...

How is that a joke? messed

Fatal Smoke
How is that a joke? messed
OMG.

Nevermind
OMG.

How is "Did you even read what I quoted?" a joke.

Fatal Smoke
Heh, that's not the joke part, this is:
Originally posted by Janus Marius
I agree. Silly title, really. How can you have the future in a history forum? That'd be like me teaching Science in the Religion Forum. Originally posted by Fatal Smoke

Nevermind
Heh, that's not the joke part, this is:

Ah, yeah I understood that was a joke, hence I joked about it.

Fatal Smoke
HAHAHAHHAHAHA. LMAO, I didn't use think it was used in that context until now. That is hilarious.

Nevermind
HAHAHAHHAHAHA. LMAO, I didn't use think it was used in that context until now. That is hilarious.

wink

rickyduck
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
No, its the "War in Iraq"

Actually Gulf War II

Jabba the Hutt
It has many names no expression

Grand_Moff_Gav
....................why are the people here determined to see this thread fail?

Jabba the Hutt
Damn, I don't see any reason why this should've been moved. It's really the closest thing we have to a "Future Forum"

redcaped
WW3 should be done as a game only. Today people are suppose to know what is good or bad and how to think the right way because if this really happen all humans will die. Who is making these weapons more sophisticated? What for...can't be human.

Jonathan Mark
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

This quote says it all...

The Omega
It's going to happen within the next 50 years is my gues, an could be caused by anything from oil, to racism, Etc..

Why?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
Well, this isn't really history. But do you think its possible? I thought the phsycic predictions that NuclearWinter posted were pretty interesting. This could be history in the making. Do you think it can really happen? And more importantly, will it happen?

I said it before and I'll say it again. Let's just wait for Germany to invade something and then we can officially call it WWIII. Until then...let's go back to our Starbucks, Internet, and mainstream movies, music, and video games.

Koenig
Strange subject for a history forum which deals with the past, WW3 has not happen yet and would anyone be around to talk about this event when it becomes history? But for a general discussion that's different.

stunna1773
Originally posted by calvs

i think it will be sooner than that alot sooner say like 10 or less years

Bicnarok
No its "lets call everyone we dont like a terrorist and attack them, or get Isreal to kick it off first" war!

coolmovies
what about a real star wars

aclj
WW3 could happen if Hillary Clinton was elected.

Bicnarok

Bicnarok
http://en.rian.ru/world/20070912/78120281.html

http://en.rian.ru/world/20070913/78518873.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296686,00.html

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2007/09/airforce_aircombatcommand_standdown_070807/

Fishy
In short, yes and no.

No for the near future.

Yes for the more distant future, wars are always being prepared. Country's almost always make weapons, they need it in order to survive in case of a war. Nothing special about this

Jimmy Buggs
As far as russian , if you have bomb like that why wouldnt you test it and let everyone know whats up. It doesnt really mean they are getting ready to or have plans to use it against a target. Just letting the world know they have it .

DARKLORDCAEDUS
If its true, then the US and its allies should prevail.

Czarina_Czarina

ragesRemorse
all of the major powers depend on each other to much at this point for war to break out between them. As far as the looming future, I dont think the next war will be nuclear, but covert biological war fare. I for see countries being at war with one another without the general public even knowing it. Rash riseases and plagues will break out claiming the lives millions. This will either be spun as a new strain of some sort of radical infectious disease or blamed as bio warfare induced by terrorists when actaully it will be an oppsoing country of super power

Fishy
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
all of the major powers depend on each other to much at this point for war to break out between them. As far as the looming future, I dont think the next war will be nuclear, but covert biological war fare. I for see countries being at war with one another without the general public even knowing it. Rash riseases and plagues will break out claiming the lives millions. This will either be spun as a new strain of some sort of radical infectious disease or blamed as bio warfare induced by terrorists when actaully it will be an oppsoing country of super power

Bio warfare like you are suggesting won't happen either. To dangerous, once it's found out by the nation that is attacked they would retaliate with all they have. The government wouldn't be able to hide a story like that. Nobody would. A war between superpowers will either be conventional weapons or full open nuclear. Nothing in between.

Most likely situation would be cold war like, where China would invade Taiwan, and the US would supply weapons and satalite images for Taiwan to use against China...

Where you can replace China America with each other and Taiwan by any country that you want.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

Originally posted by Fishy
Bio warfare like you are suggesting won't happen either. To dangerous, once it's found out by the nation that is attacked they would retaliate with all they have. The government wouldn't be able to hide a story like that. Nobody would. A war between superpowers will either be conventional weapons or full open nuclear. Nothing in between.

Most likely situation would be cold war like, where China would invade Taiwan, and the US would supply weapons and satalite images for Taiwan to use against China...

Where you can replace China America with each other and Taiwan by any country that you want.

I disagree with you, Fishy, which is rare.

RageRemorse, IMO, is a whole lot closer to a realistic war scenario actually happening. It could escalate out of hand and become out and out combat but that is unlikely...as long as there isn't a warmongering president in office.

I could foresee an all out war occurring with the current overly ambitious Chinese Government currently in place. I think China is faaar to aggressive and is pushing their "expansion and progress" ideals to hard. However, there is also a seed of kindness and passiveness that I get from the Military commissioner, Hu Jintao. He doesn't strike me as an overly zealous military leader...however, I do not know how much pull and actual control he has as the military commissioner.

I hope the China stops this "Genghis Khan" type of attitude that is trying to conquer the economic world; their ambition is worrisome, IMO.

debbiejo
Don't watch the news, it causes hysteria and paranoia making one to visit other threads where they do corpses.

ragesRemorse

Where you can replace China America with each other and Taiwan by any country that you want. [/QUOTE

Even though i dont believe a war between top dog countries is any where in our near future. Economic tensions between nations have been on a steady ascent. I'm sorry, but i have to disagree with both your scenario and reply. Infecting a nation of people with a biological pathogen would be the easiest action for a fueding opponent to do. You could not trace such a thing either. All it would take is an infected host to mingle with the nations society, if you are dealing with some super strand that has no found cure as well as not being identified. you are talking about an entire country in panic, aquarentine and distress. Possible millions would die before a cure is found. The country who infact spread the pathogen could always play plausable deniability. We are in a cold war of types, this war doesnt involve plutonium, but rather one celled monsters.

I would think, that America would avoid all measures of going to war with China. Out economies depend one each other. Supplying a country that China is at war with, with weapons and intel is not something i could ever see America doing today. That is something that a country would trace, and the consequences for america would be detriment if China found out. They may not retaliate in the way of death, but cutting off trade is death for out economy. Granted, they need us as much as we need them, but China happens to be stubborn enough to do that. I dont think any country wants war, it will take alot for a conventional war to break out. You are right though, if a conventional war does ever occur between top nations, it will be quickly followed by nuclear war of some kind. War can be unpredictable and i dont know much so im not disclaiming anyones predicitons. I mean, the next war could be fought with robots, maybe thats why Japan is exploring hevily in human like robotronics lol

Fishy
Well that is true of course, it would be doable. The risks however would be enormous and a rumor of Chinese involvement spreading to the people in the US could create enough pressure on the government to actually start a war with China... Personally I just don't think anybody would want to risk it.

Well I do think that a cold war sort of situation is far more likely then anything else. With China and the US standing right against each other trying to fight over the rest of the world, without ever fighting each other. For this to happen diplomatic tensions would already be there, trade would have already been cut off. But the chances of that happening in my opinion are quite small as well. We need each other at this moment the US needs China and China really needs the US. China has the power to destroy the US economically speaking but they don't have the power to survive the economic destruction of the US in a good shape.

Personally I think this at worst is going to be another big bluff war, between the US and China and the allies of the two nations. It could very easily escalate into many smaller conflicts over other country's, the Middle East being a prime target and perhaps South America and large parts of Asia but I just don't see an actual attack of any kind from one nation on the other happening. It would be suicide, the risks would be far to great.

ADarksideJedi

Fishy
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Most countrys hate us now so I w ould not be surprise if we do have another war maybe with French or Germanly we shall see.jm

Yeah because it really is likely that France and Germany would attack the United States... Merkel has been talking about the fourth reich for months now. And we all know Sarkozy just claims he wants to improve France it's foreign relations, but in secret he just wants to nuke the rest of the world....

tabby999

Like in Afghanistan and Iraq, America supply the nationalist troops with weapons to fight the russians then end up ducking for cover when the spare RPG's come back in their direction.

anaconda
Whenever did the they fight the Russians (soviet union ) in Iraq????

Fishy
Originally posted by anaconda
Whenever did the they fight the Russians (soviet union ) in Iraq????

Never, America did supply both Iraq and Afghanistan with information and weapons however.

Sadako of Girth
I reckon this is scaremongering, designed to re-unite the general public in the US, the UK etc and make them forget the last governmental credibility destroying 4 or 5 yrs......

A new bullshit threat that Neo-cons and Democrats alike can all fear together in harmony...
After all... they can't keep their oil-erm I mean war effort going for much longer in the current face of repeatedly deserved voter skepticism.

"Quick! Dig up the mass destruction threat thing again quickly!!! Before they kick our asses out of office!!!!!"

Fear Fear Fear!!!! Vote!!! Vote!!!! Vote!!!!!!!!!

2008 election rampup, anyone?

Vinny Valentine
Is it approaching us?

Iran has threatened to bomb the US if they try to take out Iran's nuclear program... Iran, having one of the strongest forces in the world with China and the US... If the US gets attacked, then NATO will be called into play.. Forcing many countries into war, which will open fights from both sides.. etc etc.

Just discuss your ideas and such about World War 3, if you think it'll happen or not.

vincent

Czarina_Czarina
doesn't matter if i have an underground tunnel, where i can meet my friends in other countries who are also linked underground...the survivors will fend for themselves, and when we decide to pop back up, we'll be god-like status.

inimalist
For all extents and purposes "World War 3" was fought in the Democratic Republic of Congo through the 90s, although without the direct involvement of the major world powers.

But no, Iran poses no threat to the world, with or without nuclear arms

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Iran, having one of the strongest forces in the world with China and the US...

where the hell did you pick that up from?

lord xyz
Isn't this like, last years news?

Symmetric Chaos
WWIII is always approaching. The combination of armies, moderately unstable leaders and powerful weapons makes it inevitable that someone will screw up and start something.

On another note I've always sort of wondered why people keep expecting WWIII to come when everyone's thinking "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!" when WWs I and II started during tenuous peace rather during obvious active wars.

Originally posted by inimalist
But no, Iran poses no threat to the world, with or without nuclear arms

Unless they nuke somebody. I'm sure someone would find that threatening.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
doesn't matter if i have an underground tunnel, where i can meet my friends in other countries who are also linked underground...the survivors will fend for themselves, and when we decide to pop back up, we'll be god-like status.

Hope you're joking.

SelphieT
It's a really depressing thought, I wouldn't be suprised if this war suddenly errupted into WW3. I wouldn't be suprised if they brought back the draft either, and included women this time.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Unless they nuke somebody. I'm sure someone would find that threatening.

Iran is in no position to do that

while the crazy islamists who run the country and like to saber rattle will say things about israel and the holocaust to get international attention, I can't imagine the people of Tehran being in favor of their country starting a nuclear war. Tehran has the most plastic surgery done annually in the world wink take that hollywood.

The internal politics of Iran are so opposite the image we are given of them here. I'm not a defender of the Iranians by any means, but Mutual Assured Destruction still holds, and the Iranian people wouldn't support being the aggressors in a world conflict.

Originally posted by SelphieT
It's a really depressing thought, I wouldn't be suprised if this war suddenly errupted into WW3. I wouldn't be suprised if they brought back the draft either, and included women this time.

The nations of the middle east do not have the military power for this to be a "world war 3" scenario.

The draft would only be necessary if NATO got itself into too many wars of attrition against an asymmetrical enemy.

Symmetric Chaos
Iran is in no position to do that

while the crazy islamists who run the country and like to saber rattle will say things about israel and the holocaust to get international attention, I can't imagine the people of Tehran being in favor of their country starting a nuclear war. Tehran has the most plastic surgery done annually in the world wink take that hollywood.

The internal politics of Iran are so opposite the image we are given of them here. I'm not a defender of the Iranians by any means, but Mutual Assured Destruction still holds, and the Iranian people wouldn't support being the aggressors in a world conflict.

IN WWI Austria Hungary went to war against Serbia because they thought that Serbia's allies would allow them to. Wars are not usually started by rational thought processes.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Hope you're joking.

about underground tunnels that every leader of the world has access to? no, it's been gossip for at least 20 years. and if there is one, after ppl eat each alive or whatever, the ones who survive will make a perfect slave race b/c of the trauma and history that their emotions will never forget, and if they do forget, we'll set up a mock demonstration in (uhm???) Jamestown, VA, they'll be stronger, mentally and physically, but weaker emotionally...but, hey, the leaders may even have a way of capturing the image via the sun or man-made satellite, and watch ppl scramble for their lives like a movie/drama, ops, it would be a documentary without the narrator, they would have to edit it later for their kids. and of course, they can't mix with these folks (emotional degenerates), sure they survived and are strong, but there is a reason why they didn't have access, so that reason alone dubs them slave, "tag, you're it"

lord xyz
WWIII is always approaching. The combination of armies, moderately unstable leaders and powerful weapons makes it inevitable that someone will screw up and start something.

On another note I've always sort of wondered why people keep expecting WWIII to come when everyone's thinking "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!" when WWs I and II started during tenuous peace rather during obvious active wars.

Unless they nuke somebody. I'm sure someone would find that threatening. There isn't gonna be a WW3. Probably never will be.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lord xyz
There isn't gonna be a WW3. Probably never will be.

So then we lose out on this? cry

about underground tunnels that every leader of the world has access to? no, it's been gossip for at least 20 years. and if there is one, after ppl eat each alive or whatever, the ones who survive will make a perfect slave race b/c of the trauma and history that their emotions will never forget, and if we do, we'll set up a mock domenstration in Jamestown, they'll be stronger, mentally and physically...but, hey, the leaders may even have a way of capturing the image via the sun, and watch ppl scramble for their lives like a movie/drama, ops. it would be a documentary without the narrator,they would edit it later for their kids. and of course, they can't mix with these folks, sure they survived and are stong, but there is a reason why they didn't have access, so that reason alone dubs them slave, "tag, you're it"

inimalist
IN WWI Austria Hungary went to war against Serbia because they thought that Serbia's allies would allow them to. Wars are not usually started by rational thought processes.

I get your point

My thought is that MAD worked during the Cold War and there was a period after WW2 where Russia would have been a real threat.

Czarina_Czarina
So then we lose out on this? cry

i think the most important part was EMOTIONAL DEGENERATE, not the underground tunnel.

Symmetric Chaos
i think the most important part was EMOTIONAL DEGENERATE, not the underground tunnel.

Then you have your priorities out of order.

Czarina_Czarina
Then you have your priorities out of order.

ARe you serious? Emotional degeneration is what causes ppl to riot and ruin their own homes or neighborhood or other ppl's property, instead of building something to est. a greater existence, they use that energy to destroy instead of constructing, that's why it's looked at in a degrading fashion, has nothing to do with race or skin color. If you read any words as black or brown or race, then you are retarded. And the Jamestown, Va example was just an illustration of something anyone would know about, not b/c it's geared toward race. If you read "we" as brown or black or minority, you misunderstood my point. That word was meant for anyone who doesn't have access and that means anyone who isn't a world leader, that's a lot of ppl, nothing to do with race. And I only mention Jamestown b/c everyone knows that place is a mock example of slavery, I could have used one dealing with Hebrew slaves too, but there is no such place, or at least, not commonly known.

The main idea is EMOTIONAL DEGENERATE, and avoiding that kind of situation, doing that keeps you from being a controllable slave.

Symmetric Chaos
ARe you serious?

It's infrequent.

Dreamt
about underground tunnels that every leader of the world has access to? no, it's been gossip for at least 20 years. and if there is one, after ppl eat each alive or whatever, the ones who survive will make a perfect slave race b/c of the trauma and history that their emotions will never forget, and if they do forget, we'll set up a mock demonstration in (uhm???) Jamestown, VA, they'll be stronger, mentally and physically, but weaker emotionally...but, hey, the leaders may even have a way of capturing the image via the sun or man-made satellite, and watch ppl scramble for their lives like a movie/drama, ops, it would be a documentary without the narrator, they would have to edit it later for their kids. and of course, they can't mix with these folks (emotional degenerates), sure they survived and are strong, but there is a reason why they didn't have access, so that reason alone dubs them slave, "tag, you're it" wtf did you just say?

Alpha Centauri
It's not approaching.

Everyone always threatens to do everything.

-AC

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Dreamt
wtf did you just say?

nichts, weil du nicht Aufmerksamkeit zahlst.

debbiejo
I believe sometime there will be a terrible war that we cannot fathom to think.

Victor Von Doom
Then how would you know, smart guy?

KidRock
I doubt there will be a WWIII in my lifetime. With nukes in the mix no country is stupid enough to actually start a full scale war or actually launch a nuke at another country because they know it will just be the end of the world.

Robtard
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Then how would you know, smart guy?

Hahaaa. That was funny.

Robtard
Originally posted by KidRock
I doubt there will be a WWIII in my lifetime. With nukes in the mix no country is stupid enough to actually start a full scale war or actually launch a nuke at another country because they know it will just be the end of the world.

Bad rational... with people willing to kill themselves because they're stupid enough to believe, someone else telling them "kill yourself, God will reward you in the afterlife", how can you be certain? Granted, I doubt any country will openly launch a nuke at another, but the chance of one being used exist.

inimalist
Originally posted by Robtard
Bad rational... with people willing to kill themselves because they're stupid enough to believe, someone else telling them "kill yourself, God will reward you in the afterlife", how can you be certain? Granted, I doubt any country will openly launch a nuke at another, but the chance of one being used exist.

I don't think the war against international militant groups with or without nuclear arms would be "world war 3". As seen in Iraq, the "war" option for fighting these guys does not work one bit.

Robtard
I don't think the war against international militant groups with or without nuclear arms would be "world war 3". As seen in Iraq, the "war" option for fighting these guys does not work one bit.

A nuke attack by a militant/terrorist group could start a world war, once the "blaming game" begins. Though doubtful.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Then how would you know, smart guy? Scared VVD..cry

Rogue Jedi

Is it approaching us?

Iran has threatened to bomb the US if they try to take out Iran's nuclear program... Iran, having one of the strongest forces in the world with China and the US... If the US gets attacked, then NATO will be called into play.. Forcing many countries into war, which will open fights from both sides.. etc etc.

Just discuss your ideas and such about World War 3, if you think it'll happen or not.

vincent

The machines will take over. and it will be up to you to save us.

AngryManatee

I will not allow this. Cobalt Bomb ftw.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by AngryManatee
I will not allow this. Cobalt Bomb ftw.

oh ok, just allow the entire human race to be destroyed? the underground issue is a good thing, if they handle it well. b/c they would have preserved all the knowledge of computers and software and constructions...but, thinkng in reverse time, it'll be spoon fed to everyone as "revelation" or knew information and insight.

think of it this way, humans who survive will end up being androids for a while, used to build heavy structures (maybe made slaves), and when they get a psychic que to "discover" they'll think it's something knew, when it's something we already had. eek! the discoverers may get a small penitence for their "work", and tested and tried to see which one will play a role or position in different slots. as long as they don't resort to total lack of control, things will eventually evolve into a better place, but deciding who's going to be master/slave, causing wars, lives lost, disease, etc. what to do? banish and punish the ones who don't behave and give pieces of information to those who do, like feeding a pet doggie treats.

it sounds terrible, but it's better then everyone being destroyed, right? or we can learn the hitchhicker's guide to the universe and truly discover celestral navigation.

AngryManatee
No, Cobalt Bomb is the better idea. Living in caves and developing rickets is not ftw.

Rogue Jedi
some believe that WW3 will end in armageddon. not me, just some people I have talked to about it.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by AngryManatee
No, Cobalt Bomb is the better idea. Living in caves and developing rickets is not ftw.

potassium salt will take care of that (rickets)...hahaha (to the salt bomb).

Quiero Mota

Is it approaching us?

vincent

Iran has an army as strong as the PRC and the USA? What the f**k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.