Living Tribunal: Most deserving of respect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Olympian
I think I'm an LT fanboy!!!

Owning people like Mider since the day he was brought to pen and paper!

The_Olympian
The Living Tribunal is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics Universe. The Tribunal is an omnipotent entity that is empowered by an unknown force to pass judgment on beings capable of changing the universe and to maintain the 'cosmic balance of power'.

The Living Tribunal oversees all the realities that constitute the Marvel Multiverse, from the mainstream "616" universe to all the alternate realities shown in "What If" comics and stories in alternate and parallel realities, such as Earth X and Squadron Supreme. He is sometimes compared to The Spectre of DC Comics, and was shown to have conspired with him to initiate the Big Bang that created the current Marvel and DC Universes.

The Living Tribunal is a trio of entities often presented in the form of a giant, golden man with a disembodied, three-faced head that floats above his body. The Tribunal passes judgment on crises that endanger the multiverse, usually through the bodies of M-Bodies, which have been empowered with a portion of the Living Tribunal's powers. It has been said that there is one who ranks above them, the One Above All (not to be confused with the leader of the Celestials, who also bears the same name), whose will he seeks to carry out. This being has never been fully described or displayed - it is generally accepted to be the supreme God of the Marvel Universe, and if so, although most likely thought of as being Stan Lee, a 2004 Fantastic Four storyline revealed this supreme being to possibly be Jack Kirby (or at least an entity resembling him). During the Marvel vs DC crossover, the Blue Brother which represented the Marvel Multiverse was intended to be the One Above All by writers until the idea was nixed by higher-ups.

The Living Tribunal has three faces. One is uncovered, one is partially covered, and one is completely covered. These three faces have multiple meanings:

* Equity, Necessity, and Vengeance

The Living Tribunal once possessed a fourth face of another entity, which eventually left to seek its own identity. This entity over time became the enigmatic entity known as the Stranger.

When Thanos assembled the Infinity Gems into the Infinity Gauntlet, Eternity and other cosmic beings appealed to the Tribunal to oppose his actions, but the Tribunal decided that Thanos had a right to do so, on the basis that survival of the fittest is a natural law. However, when Adam Warlock took possession of the Gauntlet, the Tribunal opposed him, because of the instability that Warlock had demonstrated during the Cosmic Tribunal, when Adam Warlock lashed out at his fellow peers. Proving himself a match for the Gauntlet, the Tribunal forced Warlock to disassemble it, but did allow him to safeguard the Gems, which led to the formation of the Infinity Watch.

Thunderstrike
http://comolo.redsectorart.com/images/cosmic/images/livtrib1.jpg

LT is a badass.

The_Olympian
That is the true face of rock and roll!

http://www.unfluffybunny.com/cripp12/33/th_livingtribunal.jpg

Look at that polished shine!

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by The_Olympian
The Living Tribunal is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics Universe. The Tribunal is an omnipotent entity that is empowered by an unknown force to pass judgment on beings capable of changing the universe and to maintain the 'cosmic balance of power'.

The Living Tribunal oversees all the realities that constitute the Marvel Multiverse, from the mainstream "616" universe to all the alternate realities shown in "What If" comics and stories in alternate and parallel realities, such as Earth X and Squadron Supreme. He is sometimes compared to The Spectre of DC Comics, and was shown to have conspired with him to initiate the Big Bang that created the current Marvel and DC Universes.

The Living Tribunal is a trio of entities often presented in the form of a giant, golden man with a disembodied, three-faced head that floats above his body. The Tribunal passes judgment on crises that endanger the multiverse, usually through the bodies of M-Bodies, which have been empowered with a portion of the Living Tribunal's powers. It has been said that there is one who ranks above them, the One Above All (not to be confused with the leader of the Celestials, who also bears the same name), whose will he seeks to carry out. This being has never been fully described or displayed - it is generally accepted to be the supreme God of the Marvel Universe, and if so, although most likely thought of as being Stan Lee, a 2004 Fantastic Four storyline revealed this supreme being to possibly be Jack Kirby (or at least an entity resembling him). During the Marvel vs DC crossover, the Blue Brother which represented the Marvel Multiverse was intended to be the One Above All by writers until the idea was nixed by higher-ups.

The Living Tribunal has three faces. One is uncovered, one is partially covered, and one is completely covered. These three faces have multiple meanings:

* Equity, Necessity, and Vengeance

The Living Tribunal once possessed a fourth face of another entity, which eventually left to seek its own identity. This entity over time became the enigmatic entity known as the Stranger.

When Thanos assembled the Infinity Gems into the Infinity Gauntlet, Eternity and other cosmic beings appealed to the Tribunal to oppose his actions, but the Tribunal decided that Thanos had a right to do so, on the basis that survival of the fittest is a natural law. However, when Adam Warlock took possession of the Gauntlet, the Tribunal opposed him, because of the instability that Warlock had demonstrated during the Cosmic Tribunal, when Adam Warlock lashed out at his fellow peers. Proving himself a match for the Gauntlet, the Tribunal forced Warlock to disassemble it, but did allow him to safeguard the Gems, which led to the formation of the Infinity Watch.

LT never proved himself a match for the IG, he basically agreed with Adam that he did not know how his power would fare against the IG's and that it would take a reality destroying confrontation for him to try and enforce his will against the IG. How he matches up against it is not known.

All that is known conclusively about LT's boss is that it is a power greater than the IG. TOAA is NOT conclusively marvels supreme being, that has just been suggested, never stated. In F4 when a representation of marvels supreme being was shown recently, no mention of TOAA was made anywhere.

GalacticStorm
I never get sick of this pic:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/7511343068.jpg&s=x11

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I never get sick of this pic:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/7511343068.jpg&s=x11

Where's living tribunal there? And what was that suppose to show here in this respect thread?

S.S
LT can't have a respect thread the guy doesn't have the showings.

Thunderstrike
He's omnipotent. Just making sure people know it.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Where's living tribunal there? And what was that suppose to show here in this respect thread?

If you were to look at that scene again, carefully this time you will see LT and the other fundamental forces bowed down before a Phoenix enhanced Stranger.

For further details either ask me or better still read the appropriate comic (X-men Forever)

As for what purpose does it have in this respect thread, well a number of falsities were stated and with the presentation of said scan i have dismissed them. On top of that a character like Living Tribunal who isnt a normal character (i.e with a well documented history and list of feats) per se has no reason to be allocated a respect thread. Please make sure to check the rules pertaining to said threads. cool

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by S.S
LT can't have a respect thread the guy doesn't have the showings.

Precisely yes

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
He's omnipotent. Just making sure people know it.

He's not though as has been made quite clear in various showings i.e X-men Forever and Marvel Universe: The End.

Incredibly powerful? yes

Jurisdiction over majority of Marvel creation? yes

Omnipotent? no

Thunderstrike
So, we give Nipplehead a respect thread, but not the LT. Makes no sense to me.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
So, we give Nipplehead a respect thread, but not the LT. Makes no sense to me.

Who's Nipplehead? confused

Noones doubting LTs powerful, however hes not the type of character you make a respect thread for. He doesnt have a wealth of feats to choose from he isnt a character we can relate to a character with a history. You cant really make respect threads for any of the fundamental forces, except for the likes of Galactus and Phoenix who have many feats and actually interact with the heroes.

Thunderstrike
Nipplehead is Imperiex. He has a nipple tassle on his head, so I just shortened it to Nipplehead. The name kinda stuck.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by GS
If you were to look at that scene again, carefully this time you will see LT and the other fundamental forces bowed down before a Phoenix enhanced Stranger.

For further details either ask me or better still read the appropriate comic (X-men Forever)

As for what purpose does it have in this respect thread, well a number of falsities were stated and with the presentation of said scan i have dismissed them. On top of that a character like Living Tribunal who isnt a normal character (i.e with a well documented history and list of feats) per se has no reason to be allocated a respect thread. Please make sure to check the rules pertaining to said threads.

that doesn't seem like the tribunal to me really, more like the 4 cosmoligical compass points of Marvel: Infinity, oblivion, eternity and death. But that doesn't matter that muchs since i only asked for the reasoning on putting it here with respect thread for Tribunal.

We all know LT doesn't have much showings to put a respect thread for, but why should we put other scans that doesn't really contribute for his respect either?

Anyway, is X-men forever canon or something. I haven't read it yet.

GalacticStorm
that doesn't seem like the tribunal to me really, more like the 4 cosmoligical compass points of Marvel: Infinity, oblivion, eternity and death. But that doesn't matter that muchs since i only asked for the reasoning on putting it here with respect thread for Tribunal.

It is very LT as you will se by actually reading the comic. Either way i dont need to prove anything to any one individual when the argument has already been had both before and since your registration many a time. You asked why for the reason why i posted and i told you with my previous post.

We all know LT doesn't have much showings to put a respect thread for, but why should we put other scans that doesn't really contribute for his respect either?

An LT respect thread shouldnt exist in the first place as you'd know if you would only read the rules pertaining to said thread. He is not the type of character that qualifies for a respect thread. Very few of the high tier cosmics are. I posted the scans because inaccurate information was being presented as fact to the public arena, therefore i dismissed it with an appropriate scan. I need say no more on the matter.

Anyway, is X-men forever canon or something. I haven't read it yet.

Yes it is. You can find references to it in the bios of the x-men involved in the mini.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
It is very LT as you will se by actually reading the comic. Either way i dont need to prove anything to any one individual when the argument has already been had both before and since your registration many a time. You asked why for the reason why i posted and i told you with my previous post.

An LT respect thread shouldnt exist in the first place as you'd know if you would only read the rules pertaining to said thread. He is not the type of character that qualifies for a respect thread. Very few of the high tier cosmics are. I posted the scans because inaccurate information was being presented as fact to the public arena, therefore i dismissed it with an appropriate scan. I need say no more on the matter.

Yes it is. You can find references to it in the bios of the x-men involved in the mini.
So TOAA is not conclusively Marvel suprme being, and this scan proves it wrong? how? By showing a scan that makes other abstracts seem lesser than Phoenix and since LT is judge and he's bowing to Stranger w/ phoenix force, it automatically makes his supposed master lesser? Yes TOAA as Marvel Supreme being is inconclusive just basing on the fact that there was no statement towards it and doesn't have any appearance, but that I can't quite comprehend how does that scan proves inaccurate? That really didn't seem appropriate to me.

Heck, Stranger's motivation for controlling the ressurection force is to control eternity, yet LT who is considered more powerful than Eternity is being put to his knees. That doesn't really make sense, but not only that, But it seemed to me Eternity was even stopped time and around Stranger just to talk to Jean and Stranger was all but powerless against it.

GalacticStorm
So TOAA is not conclusively Marvel suprme being, and this scan proves it wrong? how? By showing a scan that makes other abstracts seem lesser than Phoenix and since LT is judge and he's bowing to Stranger w/ phoenix force, it automatically makes his supposed master lesser? Yes TOAA as Marvel Supreme being is inconclusive just basing on the fact that there was no statement towards it and doesn't have any appearance, but that I can't quite comprehend how does that scan proves inaccurate? That really didn't seem appropriate to me.

Im sorry SW but somewhere down the line you seem to have worked yourself up into a most horrible state of confusion. Could you please show me where in any of my posts did i say i posted that scan to reference my comments about LTs master and his status as the supreme being? confused

I dont believe i did. wink

In my subsequent post i went on to say my scan dismissed some of the falsities that were being presented as fact. Again, did i state that the scan was related to my comments about LTs master?

no

Have i or have i not responded to Thunderstrike and made comments which should tell anyone with even a hint of intelligence/common sense just what falsities my scan was referring to.

yes

Have a read of the thread again and come back to me. Despite your post suggesting otherwise, i refuse to believe that i need to spell out the obvious to you. Either way your post is misdirected. You dont understand the relevance of my scan as you have not read the thread properly to see just what my scan is referring to.

Heck, Stranger's motivation for controlling the ressurection force is to control eternity, yet LT who is considered more powerful than Eternity is being put to his knees. That doesn't really make sense, but not only that, But it seemed to me Eternity was even stopped time and around Stranger just to talk to Jean and Stranger was all but powerless against it.

Please read the appropriate comic SW, do not rely on summarys from fansites or you will end up with a horribly inaccurate grasp of the material. embarrasment

X-men Forever has been debated many a time on these forums, if you wish to get clued up on the mini and you wish to see just why this last paragraph is very silly then please do a thread search before actually purchasing said comic. I have neither the time nor the inclination to re-tread ancient issues. sad

guy222
The Living Tribunal deserves respect. His power is only surpassed by his creator, The One Above All. I read somewhere where he held the Phoenix Force in his hands and dismissed her. Speaking of the great Marvel Universe: The End 1-6, it doesn't fit continuity. There's retconned beings, i know, but LT is #1

Xplosive
Where LT appears, it's canon, so HOTU destroying him is cannon.
Although he is probably the most powreful being in MU, behind TOAA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.