Best Jet Li movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
I think Fist of Legend is his best movie. I loved the fighting sequences. Followed by Once Upon a Time in China and Fong Sai Yuk.

Neo_Version 7
I'd have to say "Romeo Must Die".

In my opinion, it was an overall awesome movie.

"Unleashed" (Danny the Dog) coming in a close second. yes

T.M
I would have to say Kiss Of The Dragon.

Wolfie
I haven't seen many but Unleashed is my favorite.

WrathfulDwarf
Once upon a time in China and Hero.

dave_kodak
dude the best jet li movie is so "evil dead 2: dead before dawn"
yeah i know he wasnt in it.
lol kidding, but i would say that Unleashed was probly his best in my eyes, but the other day i saw one where it was so old, he was just starting his acting and he was subed over. lol i think they should have used a voice that suited him more.
but it was still a ok movie.

Addiction
Fist of Legend, hands down.

movie_freak
Hero & his new film 'Fearless'

Tired Hiker
I'm not sure!

Rapscallion
Hero

eagle92
Hero, and he did a great job in Lethal Weapon 4 besides not saying too much...

MetallicaT
no contest....Hero

NBT
Unleashed! No contest it's over.

movieking
Kiss Of The Dragon

To Suffer
Definitely Hero is his best movie. All his other movies are sort of cheesy action flicks like Romeo Must Die and Cradle 2 The Grave. Unleashed however was pretty good as well.

lordofwar
Tai Chi Master (Twin Warriors)- one of the best Jet Li movies, especially when he teams up with Yuen Woo Ping.

Fong Sai Yuk- best Jet Li and Corey Yuen collaberation. Li is funny and extremly likeable. His character most closely resembles his real personality from all those he's played.

TOH
Hero..no doubt about it...

MildPossession
Danny The Dog was good fun, Once Upon a Time In China trilogy also.

I'm not too big on Jet Li , but the above I enjoyed.

Fearless looks wonderful and can't wait to see it.

But the only film that is one of my favourites with Jet Li in is Hero, absolutely beautiful to watch.

To Suffer
I also liked Lethal Weapon 4...not because of his performance but mainly because of Gibson, Glover, Pesci, and definitely hilarious Chris Rock!

office jesus
Unleashed. Kiss of the Dragon was....'meh' worthy. So was The One, but Unleashed has to be his best performance.

Slay
How can Unleashed be his best movie ever?
I say Hero...

Deathblow
How can any of his American movies be considered his best? With the exception of Unleashed, they were all awful. Romeo Must Die and Cradle 2 The Grave are disgusting, over-stylised pieces of watered down crap. They are an insult to martial arts movies.

My favorites are Once Upon a Time in China and Twin Warriors. Both classics of the genre. OUATIC II & III are great too, as are Last Hero In China, Fist of Legend, and of course, the visual ecstacy that is Hero.

idowhatiamtold
THEY are all terrible- he is the worst actor.

MildPossession
We don't watch him for his brilliant acting...

TMACalicious
"The One" HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

"I am Yu-Law! I am nobody's fish!"
lol that's a legend line.

Nah seriously, "Unleashed"/"Danny the Dog" and "Romeo Must Die". That final fight with Russell Wong kicks butt.

MildPossession

office jesus
Alright. Let me rephrase my post.

American = Unleashed.
Chinese = Hero.

lordofwar
Originally posted by Deathblow
How can any of his American movies be considered his best? With the exception of Unleashed, they were all awful. Romeo Must Die and Cradle 2 The Grave are disgusting, over-stylised pieces of watered down crap. They are an insult to martial arts movies.

My favorites are Once Upon a Time in China and Twin Warriors. Both classics of the genre. OUATIC II & III are great too, as are Last Hero In China, Fist of Legend, and of course, the visual ecstacy that is Hero.

Absolutely agree with you.

grey fox
I don't see why everyone hated The One , it was an ok movie . Not enough fighting but Ok none the less.

Kid_Of_Death
His best movie is Cradle 2 The Grave for me! But I find Swordsman 2 cool! But the 1st one has better story... and 2nd has best fight scenes!

office jesus
Originally posted by grey fox
I don't see why everyone hated The One , it was an ok movie . Not enough fighting but Ok none the less.

Yeah. The One had a decent enough plot in it, using M Theory to explain the alternate universes and such, but the action was kind of sup par. Nevermind Statham kind of sucked in it.

angelstorm
Unleashed was great and I loved Romeo Must Die

redcaped
He didn't need elevator or stairs!

lordofwar
I think all the Hollywood films he has made have been average. They never get close to the action of HK films.

Fearless is far and away his best performance. The choreography of the martial arts is excellent thanks to Yuen Woo Ping.

kanis
vampire Kiss of the dragon is my main favorite of mine of his movies, the one was okay but i do want to see unleashed just for the fighting in it.

lordofwar
Originally posted by Kid_Of_Death
His best movie is Cradle 2 The Grave for me! But I find Swordsman 2 cool! But the 1st one has better story... and 2nd has best fight scenes!

Did you also like Swordsman 3: The East is Red? Li isn't in it but at least you have Brigitte Lin.

kanis
devil It looks like he's doing one more film and then he's retiring probably for good which is going to be shame.

Eternalist 04
pfft u kids stay with the old school!

once upon a time in china 1 2 and 3 owned they kicked a$$!

lordofwar
Black Mask!!!

Just kidding. Fist of Legend and Fearless

jayElias
yes, i like Fist of Legend, it is so classic.
and who has seen his new movie: Fearless ?

lordofwar
Originally posted by Eternalist 04
pfft u kids stay with the old school!

once upon a time in china 1 2 and 3 owned they kicked a$$!

His chinese movies are underated. I agree that Once Upon In China Triolgy is his finest works.

NoRemorse
I liked 'The One' but other than that i've not actually seen that much of his work sad

jayElias
i like his movie most. but i havent seen the "the one", when did it come out?

jayElias
king of kung fu for ever

dementedde
Hero & Unleashed (Danny the Dog) - a tie in. Their also two of my favourite films on DVD.

office jesus
Fearless looks to be pretty good too.

GODOFALL1
Guys, come on! You're really into all that wires and camera sped up movies? Jet Li is pretty cool though. His best movie was Fists of Legend, hands down. It was the most realistic. Im just not into wires or people flying through the air. lol

jayElias
jet li biography

World-renowned martial arts master and international film star Jet Li burst into Hollywood in 1998 with his first English language film appearance in Lethal Weapon 4. After completing over 20 films in Hong Kong and China, Li took his first role as a villain starring opposite Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Rene Russo and Chris Rock in the Richard Donner film.

Last year, Li garnered rave reviews for his performance in the Warner Bros. box office success Romeo Must Die. In this modern day Romeo and Juliet, Li plays 'Romeo' to singer Aaliyah Haughton's 'Juliet.' Produced by Joel Silver, the film blended hip-hop with kung fu and created a new type of action picture.

Li recently completed production on the 20th Century Fox film Kiss of the Dragon where he also serves as a producer. Li plays a foreigner who goes to Paris on assignment and becomes involved in a deadly conspiracy. The film co-stars Bridget Fonda and Tcheky Karyo. The film, directed by Chris Nahon, written by Luc Besson and Robert Kamen is slated for a July 2001 release.

Li is currently in production on the Revolution Studios' action-adventure film, The One directed by James Wong and co-starring Delroy Lindo and Jason Statham. In a stunning dual role, Li portrays 'Gabriel Yulaw,' a police officer confronted with a sinister form of himself. The malevolent alter ego escapes from the advanced parallel universe from which he originated and pursues 'Gabriel' with the intent to kill him. This leads to a battle between good and evil that changes 'Gabriel's' perception of reality and forces him to examine the evil hidden within himself. The One is scheduled for an August 2001 release.

On the horizon is the Warner Bros. film First Emperor, which Li will star and co-produce with Joel Silver. Based on an original idea by Li, the film will combine the suspense, action and thriller elements portrayed in films such as Indiana Jones and The Mummy. In addition, Li has teamed with Mel Gibson's Icon Productions to produce a martial arts television series entitled Invincible. Featuring the ancient martial art of Wushu, American audiences can expect spectacularly choreographed action sequences in the Hong Kong filmmaking style.

Born in Beijing, Li began studying the art of Wushu (the general Chinese term for martial arts) and was enrolled in the Beijing Amateur Sports School at the age of 8. After three years of extensive training, Li won his first national championship for the Beijing Wushu Team. As part of a world tour in 1974, he had the honor of performing a two-man fight for President Nixon on the White House lawn. For the next four years, he remained the All-Around National Wushu Champion of China.

Shortly after retiring from the sport at the age of 17, he was offered many starring roles and subsequently began on his film career with director Chang Hsin Yen for Shaolin Temple. Upon its release, Li was propelled into instant movie stardom and the film was an enormous success that spawned two sequels. This led to Li completing 25 successful Asian films before coming to America.

Li currently resides in Los Angeles with his wife and daughter.

lordofwar
Originally posted by jayElias
jet li biography

World-renowned martial arts master and international film star Jet Li burst into Hollywood in 1998 with his first English language film appearance in Lethal Weapon 4. After completing over 20 films in Hong Kong and China, Li took his first role as a villain starring opposite Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Rene Russo and Chris Rock in the Richard Donner film.

Last year, Li garnered rave reviews for his performance in the Warner Bros. box office success Romeo Must Die. In this modern day Romeo and Juliet, Li plays 'Romeo' to singer Aaliyah Haughton's 'Juliet.' Produced by Joel Silver, the film blended hip-hop with kung fu and created a new type of action picture.

Li recently completed production on the 20th Century Fox film Kiss of the Dragon where he also serves as a producer. Li plays a foreigner who goes to Paris on assignment and becomes involved in a deadly conspiracy. The film co-stars Bridget Fonda and Tcheky Karyo. The film, directed by Chris Nahon, written by Luc Besson and Robert Kamen is slated for a July 2001 release.

Li is currently in production on the Revolution Studios' action-adventure film, The One directed by James Wong and co-starring Delroy Lindo and Jason Statham. In a stunning dual role, Li portrays 'Gabriel Yulaw,' a police officer confronted with a sinister form of himself. The malevolent alter ego escapes from the advanced parallel universe from which he originated and pursues 'Gabriel' with the intent to kill him. This leads to a battle between good and evil that changes 'Gabriel's' perception of reality and forces him to examine the evil hidden within himself. The One is scheduled for an August 2001 release.

On the horizon is the Warner Bros. film First Emperor, which Li will star and co-produce with Joel Silver. Based on an original idea by Li, the film will combine the suspense, action and thriller elements portrayed in films such as Indiana Jones and The Mummy. In addition, Li has teamed with Mel Gibson's Icon Productions to produce a martial arts television series entitled Invincible. Featuring the ancient martial art of Wushu, American audiences can expect spectacularly choreographed action sequences in the Hong Kong filmmaking style.

Born in Beijing, Li began studying the art of Wushu (the general Chinese term for martial arts) and was enrolled in the Beijing Amateur Sports School at the age of 8. After three years of extensive training, Li won his first national championship for the Beijing Wushu Team. As part of a world tour in 1974, he had the honor of performing a two-man fight for President Nixon on the White House lawn. For the next four years, he remained the All-Around National Wushu Champion of China.

Shortly after retiring from the sport at the age of 17, he was offered many starring roles and subsequently began on his film career with director Chang Hsin Yen for Shaolin Temple. Upon its release, Li was propelled into instant movie stardom and the film was an enormous success that spawned two sequels. This led to Li completing 25 successful Asian films before coming to America.

Li currently resides in Los Angeles with his wife and daughter.

Nice biography.

T.M
Originally posted by office jesus
Fearless looks to be pretty good too.

It is.

maddani
my fav jet movie has to be the legend and then fist of legend. i cant stand any jet li movie where he uses a gun!

GODOFALL1
Easy chief. He used a gun in The Defender and used it really really really well.

maddani
Originally posted by GODOFALL1
Easy chief. He used a gun in The Defender and used it really really really well.
yea and he also kissed the girl in that movie too out of all his old stuff i liked that one least

lordofwar
My Father is a Hero: Jet Li and kung-fu kid Xie Mao are the best in that movie. It's great to see them both together since New Legend of Shaolin. Where else can you see Jet Li taking on Rongguang Yu (Iron Monkey), Collin Chou (Seraph from the Matrix movies) and Ken Lo (villian in Drunken Master 2) at the SAME TIME.

GODOFALL1
NO.....he didnt kiss a girl in The Defender. I dont think hes kissed a girl in any of his movies.

eloradannen
hero is the sh*t

Akira99
Fearless I loved best. Simple amazing movie.
I really hated his American movies like Kiss of the Dragon and Romeo must Die. Fist of Legend also good. I also need to see Unleashed. That looks pretty good?

BobbyD
He's been in better movies. But honestly, I gotta say that my personal favorite is Kiss of the Dragon.

The Pict
unleashed is Jet's best acting i would say. i like all his movies. however Fearless is the latest i have seen and i would say that its up there with his best. yeah thats probably my favourite.

soxfn89
Unleashed is preety cool

The Pict
Originally posted by soxfn89
Unleashed is preety cool

yes the fight at the beginning is cracking

vrempire
I like the old one. My favourite Jet Li's movie of all time..
FIST OF LEGEND.
It's a very patriotic movie that involved conflict between China and Japan during World War II (if I'm not mistaken).
Check it out..
big grin

allofyousuckkk
Black Mask Bitches. That movie was bitchin

Dusty
I just watched 'The One' which was actually pretty good, IMO.

lordofwar
FIST OF LEGEND

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KiNIucEKPm4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DTLDkUeratA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YJlMtsEd3iw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hW34yJXbcf4

NINJ4_BL4D3
Fist of Legend.............................Cause he gave general Fujita a good old ass whoopin......With his belt..........

Akira99
Fist of Legend was a good film though the english dub was not very good. That general guy I really didn't like

HI2GA
I am HUGE martial arts movie fan, but for some odd reason I never really liked Jet Li. I'm a Donnie Yen fan ....However, everything changed for me when I saw Romeo Must Die and Hero. I LOVE HERO and the DVD has a commentary with QT and Jet Li....That changed my opinion of Jet Li...he's a nice, talented guy! smile

Dusty
I just watched 'Unleashed', which I thought was very cool.

actionmansp
Ah, one of his best performances is in Martial Arts of Shaolin (available on VCD) which was directed and choregraphed by the legendary Lar Kar Leung (master choreographer of Legendary Weapons of China, 8 Diagram Pole Fighter, 36th Chamber of Shaolin, etc.). Fist of Legend was great, although, his technical performance wasn't complex, although it was very engaging. This was the opposite in Hero, where his performance was technically complex but for some reason or another his performance wasn't too engaging (probably due to overuse of slow mo for no apparent reasons).

Romeo Must Die is actually a very fun movie, but Cradle 2 the Grave is still garbage. Kiss of the Dragon is often underlooked, but his performance is very engaging as well. Danny the Dog wasn't as engaging but definitely more complex than Kiss of the Dragon. It all depends on the director and the camera in my opinion.

Noa
Originally posted by TOH
Hero..no doubt about it...

yes Yup

Impediment
Action wise: Fist of Legend

Acting wise: Unleashed. He did a very good job, IMO.

Noa
Romeo Must Die was greatm really entertaining. Hero was the most visually stunning movie I have ever seen. Jet Li was perfect for his role.

actionmansp, hey you sound like you are really into martial arts. Do you do any IRL? I am learning Wushu right now, just starting but it is awesome so far. I will have to check out Martial Arts of Shaolin sounds good.

DragonWoman
Hero was definately his best, I wanna see Fearless when it comes out here in Australia

RZA

SUPERSOLDIER
Fists of Legend for me.

fionalin7
unleash... there was action and drama. loved it!!

lordofwar
Originally posted by fionalin7
unleash... there was action and drama. loved it!!

I agree. Li makes better movies with Luc Besson than craps like Romeo must Die, Cradle to the Grave.

Dusty
Fearless is his best. Hands down.

Originally posted by lordofwar
I agree. Li makes better movies with Luc Besson than craps like Romeo must Die, Cradle to the Grave.

He didn't make Unleashed with Luc. Luc just wrote it.

SnakeEyes
Fearless is my favorite.

fionalin7
i love all jet li movies... just love the way he move.

lordofwar
Originally posted by Dusty
Fearless is his best. Hands down.

He didn't make Unleashed with Luc. Luc just wrote it.

And he is also the producer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.