Ragnaros Fire god from WoW vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
being a fan of warcraft i thought ill make a thread against a bad ass character from the world of Warcraft every now and then evil face

i couldnt think of a proper match up for Ragnaros the fire god, so i dont think Dante will be up to this challenge sad but id like to see what other people think, also if you know of another character which would be a better match, plz send a link to info on him and perhaps we can discuss it, ofc it has to be fair, no rediculous ones smile

ok so atm we have an enormous 200-300ft God (dont really know his real height but he MASSIVE, about the size of a block of flats i say but then they vary confused ), completly enshrouded in burning flames wielding a massive magic hammer that possibly has the power to smash down sky scrapers with one hit

against

Dante, Half Demon, half Human (whatever ime not too sure) fast fighting character from Devil may cry who use a multitude of swords

ill let you guys decide if he should be allowed Quick Silver or Devil Trigger in this match but no Sparder, i want this as fair as possible, or you can forget dante all together and put Ragnaros against anyone else you can think of who is at least fair on the fire Lord big grin

Burning thought
Also you can see some nice Video's of Ragnaros and possibly Dante or most other characters on

www.putfile.com those of you who dont know it, just click the search function at the top and type Ragnaros and you should see a series of nice video's, sadly my Internet connection have been TERRIBLE lately so i cant watch them sad

also ive jus tremebered Ragnaros is not a god himself but is the Chief leutenant of a God, this however does not decrease the power i have listed for him, also i think he can blast Molten heat out of his body, burning all those near him, can throw huge fire balls among other powers such as summoning other fire elemental creatures to aid him

Becci
Ragnaros for sure for sure big grin

Sorry for the bump, but I believe this might turn into an actual discussion.

And I was flipping trough Burning Thought's "created threads" because I was looking for something in specific and found this stick out tongue

Burning thought
jesus, i think this was before id even played many DMC games, may have just played the first one or something.....hmmm

But yes Raggy wins

Tenfrente
Note: Dante easily dispatched Berial in DMC 4, who was basically a 100 ft flamey thing. But yeah, I guess Raggy wins this. Unless D has Quicksilver.

Burning thought
ime not sure he can even hit raggy, so i doubt QS will be much use since Berial has flames but hes not all flames is he, wheras Raggy is like a big elemental

Becci
Berial is nothing like Ragnaros.

Berial as you can see has physical bodyparts. Thus' making it easier to destroy him. Belial also is horribly small if you compare to Ragnaros:

http://www.eslaultima.com/wp-content/uploads/berial_ss05.jpg

The Ragnaros seen in WoW is extremely far from full power, as well as size.

Tenfrente
Raggy would be completely stopped with QS. Even if Dante can't harm R, couldn't Dante just come back with a hose? Or use his Ice Nun-chucka, Cerberus. Judging from your description of full power Raggy though, sounds like Dante gets pwnt.

Burning thought
I doubt QS would last long enough and ime still skeptical on it working on living beigns the way it freezes them rocks

Becci
Originally posted by Tenfrente
Raggy would be completely stopped with QS. Even if Dante can't harm R, couldn't Dante just come back with a hose? Or use his Ice Nun-chucka, Cerberus. Judging from your description of full power Raggy though, sounds like Dante gets pwnt.

I do not know if you have played WoW, but Ragnaros there is roughly 5% of his full power. Could be less, I do not quite remember.

Tenfrente
Yeah, playing WoW is my only experience with Ragnaros. Could I see a source which says R is not at his full power in WoW? I do believe you, I'd just like to see for myself.

Becci
It is said at several occasions in WoW. Among many WoW quotes, Ragnaros himself say that he is awoken before he had the chance to regain his full strength.

This is also based on the fact that he in the past has fought actual titans and won. In the past, he also defeated Thunderaan in one blow. In the game, a couple of poorly equipped people can defeat him.

Burning thought
not nessecerily poorly equiped, people at that time can build Thunderaan the Blessed blade, which was a great tank weapon, i remember a big headed guy showing it off all the time when his top ranked guild allowed him to help show us how to do raid dungeons in MC

Becci
Poorely equiped people can kill Ragnaros. Having Thunderaan the Blessed Blade (illogical) just hasten the process up. It is not required.

Burning thought
true, although ofc in the game while fighintg Ragnaros i didnt think i was poorly equiped, infact Raggy was the top boss at one time, someone all the players feared before all the big instances like BWL and the rest came out

Becci
You 2-man him nowdays. That is not a full-powered Ragnaros stick out tongue

fascistcrusader
Dante tools him, given the fight with Berial.

Jeez, it was bad enough when people were making spite threads against MGs, now you're spiting WOW characters, too?

Becci
Originally posted by fascistcrusader

Jeez, it was bad enough when people were making spite threads against MGs, now you're spiting WOW characters, too?

Given the fight with Berial? Berial is pathetic. Both body and size.

fascistcrusader
Berial is greater than every creature in the Ragnaros instances combined.

TricksterPriest
Full power Rag roasts Dante. The instance one, probably still Rag, but Dante might be able to take a few wins.

ThoraxeRMG

Does your fanboyism to Dante ever end!?

Burning thought
Its not just to dante, Sephiroth as well

unforatley he does not seem to know much on the characters

fascistcrusader
Sorry guys, but I'm afraid your love of WoW has caused you to believe its characters aren't pathetic. You might want to seek help by playing some actually good games.

Burning thought
"takes out Space invaders"

WOW! this little ship would wtfpwn the marvel universe!!!

Charlotte DeBel
Well, the best Dante can hope in that is surviving. fascistcrusader, I love Dante with all my heart, but this seems too much of antiwhitehaired spite.
Dante (all powers inc. Sparda modes from DMC1-2) can take maybe a few wins against that creature. But not more. He won't be roasted for breakfast, that's true.

The only thing in Dante's arsenal from all 4 games that can hurt Ragnaros for sure is "instant death" beam from DMC2 (Super Sparda form) and many of its properties are gameplay, but it would knock the big bad fiery thing down for sure.
Cerberus? I don't think it can do any major damage...but a little pain to big ass is guaranteed.
Dante can only hope of dodging the big bastard's attacks and getting in some lucky stings.

Dante loses that about 4\10.

Burning thought
a fair statement

Becci
Berial is greater than every creature in the Ragnaros instances combined.

Get this into your head, please stick out tongue

WoW is a disgrace to the true powers of the characters. I do not think Berial would get trough the "Molten Core" instance, but even if he did, WoW puts Warcraft characters to shame.

Ragnaros in truth is the size of a large titan (Mountain Size). Not only is he a hundred times larger than Berial, but he lack a physical body. A physical body which Berial has and permit an actual defeat by. Ragnaros is a complete flame, the size of a mountain with a mace that basically dig its way to the underground in one smash.

His simple awakening incinerated an entire landscape, created several vulcanos and heated up an entire region. With a motion will he fill t he entire battlescene with lava. Dante can use everything in his might and he wouldnt even be able to come close. The guy defeated Thunderaan with one single blow. Thunderaan razed armies without effort.

Burning thought
Dante does seem to have some resistence to lava and heat, but not this high, not high enough

Becci
He would have to have resistance enough to swim in lava to make it. Ragnaros basically manipulate lava at his will and can more or less create a shield around himself of it trough a constant flow from below.

That, and he more or less is a mix of lava and fire himself.

Charlotte DeBel
Well, DT with Ifrit sort of makes Dante into demonic embodiment of firel\lava (rock lava body and stuff), I doubt that heat would be that big of a problem.

Becci
Which is a fair enough counter and will work in Dante's advantage.

However, the problem would be how Dante could even harm one that is not actually physical, nor ethereal and is of the size that Ragnaros is. The only thing physical is Sulfaras, his hammer, which is likely the one part of Ragnaros that Dante do not want to touch. One blow could likely be the end of Dante.

Nozdormu
Does Dante have anything that can defeat Ragnaros?
He likely has the resistance to survive, but can he take Ragnaros down in any way?

Charlotte DeBel
I've written my analysis on that a bit above so I won't repeat my own stuff. The only thing that can cause pain to Ragnaros is "instant death" blast from DMC2 (one of Sparda form abilities), though it oneshotting boss tiers in the game is partially gameplay, regardless, it's the best bet Dante has there in terms of offence.
He can survive this fight, but even his best bet is unlikely to do more to Ragnaros than knocking him down or probably KOing him for short period of time.
On the other hand, Dante has to be completely on defence in that fight, limiting his attacking possibilities to counterattacks only. The initiative goes to Ragnaros.
And LOL at proposal of extinguishing Ragnaros with Cerberus- that's pretty stupid, as Cerberus' cryokinesis is powerful but not THAT powerful.

Dark-Jaxx
...Seriously, it is painfully obvious FC is trolling.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...Seriously, it is painfully obvious FC is trolling.
And is ruining the image of Dante fan.

Becci
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
And is ruining the image of Dante fan.

And Sephiroth fans stick out tongue

Dark-Jaxx
FC ruins the image of gamers everywhere.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
FC ruins the image of gamers everywhere.

I second that

Charlotte DeBel
Sephiroth is overrated IMO, even without FC's help in that department. I base my opinion on Dante on analysis of his showings, manuals etc- not on speculations.

Also there's such thing as scaling feats- the feats in Darkstalkers belong to the same scale as Lobo's feats in DC comics, as (sorry, DS fans) Darkstalkers is based on non-serious portrayal of supernatural things, thus things like Midnight Bliss, inflating body parts and other clownish things. Darkstalkers characters are almost as "serious" as Super Mario, they do ridiculous stuff but their true level of power is hard to compare with other games.

As for Warcraft, lore and gameplay are two totally different things, guys may be omnipotent in storyline but are getting WTFpwned in the game by huge mobs of lesser characters.

Becci
As for Warcraft, lore and gameplay are two totally different things, guys may be omnipotent in storyline but are getting WTFpwned in the game by huge mobs of lesser characters.

You mean things like how Ragnaros slaughters hundreds, perhaps thousands per swing in lore and kills mighty oppositions easily, but is defeated by 40 randoms in gameplay stick out tongue

Or Archimonde, who basically defeated one of the mightiest druids in existance without harm and both figurativly and litteraly stomps armies and landscapes but got defeated by 25 randoms in gameplay stick out tongue

Burning thought
WoW stamps all over lore just how Archimonde stamps on armies, I think Blizzard should make a "true lore" Warcraft game, another RTS perhaps or something like it that shows us the power of the characters properly, if any of you guys played Supreme commander, that sort of scale would be brilliant for a game of Warcraft RTS set in the early years of Azeroth, i would love to see what happened myself during the war of the ancients and Sargerus battles and the Aspects in true scale.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Becci
You mean things like how Ragnaros slaughters hundreds, perhaps thousands per swing in lore and kills mighty oppositions easily, but is defeated by 40 randoms in gameplay stick out tongue

Or Archimonde, who basically defeated one of the mightiest druids in existance without harm and both figurativly and litteraly stomps armies and landscapes but got defeated by 25 randoms in gameplay stick out tongue

Yeah, like that. That just looks stupid. Anyways, Dante being the strongest demonic being in his universe (canon) can probably give a fight to the Archimonde tier demons- not PWN them for majority, of course, they're your typical highest tier demon lord- as per rank, they're equal to Mundus, Dante's dad and Dante himself (though as hybrid he's more powerful than those two, but there's a huge experience gap that isn't fully covered even by Dante's uncanny improvisation ability).
Note that by "give a fight" I mean not "win by majority"- there's still an experience gap (though coverable to some degree).

Becci
Originally posted by Burning thought
WoW stamps all over lore just how Archimonde stamps on armies, I think Blizzard should make a "true lore" Warcraft game, another RTS perhaps or something like it that shows us the power of the characters properly, if any of you guys played Supreme commander, that sort of scale would be brilliant for a game of Warcraft RTS set in the early years of Azeroth, i would love to see what happened myself during the war of the ancients and Sargerus battles and the Aspects in true scale.

That would be truelly awesome raver

Yeah, like that. That just looks stupid. Anyways, Dante being the strongest demonic being in his universe (canon) can probably give a fight to the Archimonde tier demons- not PWN them for majority, of course, they're your typical highest tier demon lord- as per rank, they're equal to Mundus, Dante's dad and Dante himself (though as hybrid he's more powerful than those two, but there's a huge experience gap that isn't fully covered even by Dante's uncanny improvisation ability).
Note that by "give a fight" I mean not "win by majority"- there's still an experience gap (though coverable to some degree).

The problem would be that Blizzard has made Archimonde horribly powerful in lore and basically the ulimate debating character. His endurance is of such amount that it required a plot-"device" to harm him. He destroyed a full-grown dragon with a telekinetic grasp. He has also developed an art of warlock magic called "Hand of Death" and "Figer of Death", which is basically working in the way that instead of harming the target, it kills it by from the inside turning something inside-out (Also works with buildings)

However, for all we know, Kil'Jaeden has not mastered these killing arts. He has the endurance, but I am sure that if Dante is given enough time he could stand a chance of penetrating the endurance. Kil'Jaeden is the genious, while Archimonde is the fighter.

Charlotte DeBel
Well, Dante in his prime (DMC2) has developed strong resistance to "instant kill" demonic magic based spells (the knock down in the first fight with Mundus doesn't count- see above with experience gap). The manual to the game and the one on that version of Dante "exported" into Nocturne (statswise Nocturne is canon, as stats were approved by Capcom being the same as in DMC2, but storylinewise SMT:Nocturne is one huge fanfiction of a game).

Dante isn't genius in sence of being uberwarlock\scientific sence, but his talent to improvise is second to none, "everything goes as a weapon" is his motto, and that (as was written above) gives him the chance to close the experience gap.

Sparda\Super Sparda form has all the things associated with high level demons like conjuring up meteors\fire dragons, instant death blasts (though their oneshotting everything properties can be partially gameplay). Powersetwise it's not that inferior to demon lords in Warcraft, probably in size (high demonic form (Sparda form) is only about 3 meters tall, size of 2 store building as seen in DMC2). Experience is the thing, though.

But the fight I'd LOVE to see is Dante vs Illidann (spelling?), later being the only character in Warcraft I do care about.

Burning thought
That would indeed be a good fight, make it? or perhaps its already done?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.