ufc/pride

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
sorry if this has been posted befor,but i was woundering if anyone else watches either one

Myth
I love this stuff. Kazushi Sakuraba is my all time fav but he hasn't done so well the last couple of years.

Myth
btw: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28846&highlight=sakuraba

mr.smiley
yeah i herd he lost to elvis.
did he also loose to randleman?

Myth
I don't think so. The only fight between the two that I know of Sakuraba won with an armbar.

mr.smiley
yeah sakuraba won it.
i looked it up.
did you see were randy couture challenged wanderlei silva?

Shaolin Monk
the UFC over the weekend was pretty good...i hate Tim Sylvia, so I'm glad he lost to Andre Arlovski...Tito has turned into such a b!tch. Why the hell did he have to call Shamrock out? He kicked shamrock's @ss already, he shouldn't have done that. Can't wait for Couture/Lidell 2 in April!

KidRock
Randy Cotoure rules.

Neo_Version 7
coolness!

Myth
Tito turned into a b*tch? Tito has always been a b*tch. Hell, the guy trained under Abbot(sp?) when he first came into the sport.

Shaolin Monk
Tito has always been a b!tch, but he's turned into "such a b!tch"....before Saturday, I was able to stand his b!tchiness...but now I can't...that's what I was gettin at stick out tongue ....he needs to concentrate more on fighting, not talking

mr.smiley
without a doubt.
i used to like tito but as of lately he just gets annoying

mr.smiley
lets get it on!

Shaolin Monk
anybody watch "The Ultimate Fighter" on SpikeTV?

mr.smiley
yeah i do. I missed the episode were chris fought josh though.
I herd josh one by decision after keeping chris on the ground to get the decision

mr.smiley
what would have been even better is if they would have got twelve out of shape couch potatos and trained them to be ultimate fighters!

wuTa
you dont hear him callin out frank shamrock and we all know why

he weres pink speedos....other than that he's awesome but he loses major points for the pink speedos

Myth
But he came dressed out as Mario. That should cancel out his pink speedos outfits.

wuTa
if he would fight people dressed as mario than i would give him back his points but he still fights in pink speedos...it wouldnt be that bad if it was like a pink singlet or pink shorts or pants.....but there pink speedos, c;mon now...he's an awesome fighter but pink+speedos (unless your a chick with a bangin bod) dont mix

eleveninches
I used to watch UFC a while ago when ken shamrock was on it.
UFC = big grinbig grin

mr.smiley
sakuraba uses the pink to distract his opponent
i just finaly got to see shockwave 2003
i can't belive quinton jackson beating liddels ass.
those blocks with his elbows were some of the best i've ever seen.
they didn't work much against wanderlei silva though.

mr.smiley
well we now have 3 ultimate fighters

Shaolin Monk
yes we do

Diego definitely deserved it, even though Kenny wasn't much of a match for him.

The Forrest/Stephan fight was good. They both pounded on each other. I'm glad they gave out contracts to both of them.

PRO-PAIN
I figured Diego would beat Kenny, that was predictable..

I knew the Griffin, Bonnar fight was gonna be a good one, and they both proved why they deserve to be in the UFC...One of the best fights ever.
I beleive they made the right call by giving Bonnar a contract also, cause he gave Forrest one hell of a fight.

I had a feeling the Shamrock, Franklin fight wouldn't make it past the first round. Franklin is a bad ass.

mr.smiley
i wanted shamrock to win but didn't think he would.
i'm realy exicted to see how diego,forrest and stephan do in the ufc

mr.smiley
Renzo Gracie got knocked out!
damn....................

mr.smiley
well liddel kos couture.
then he challenges silva!
silva would absolutlely murder his ass

mr.smiley
i've herd some rumors that shammrock threw the match to franklin.

mr.smiley
incase you haven't herd by now,Tito Ortiz is officialy out of the ufc.

mr.smiley
Oh yeah.

AdventChild
i love watching this!!! it's sooo kool! some times it's scary though... i think ufc is better though....do you guys think that MMA in every art would be good ...?

AdventChild
Chris Mark from team ryouko is soooo HOT!

here..the best martial arts team in the world!
http://www.archive.org/stream/TeamRyoukoFridayNightMadness4/TeamRyoukoFridayNightMadness4_256kb.mp4

Mako Victim
I think team Brazil is the greatest.....

I've always wanted to see Mario Sperry fight Rickson Gracie.

mr.smiley
Well Sakuraba is officialy out of the Pride Tournement.Silva still in though and even though he's probably pound for pound the best,I think an underdog might take him on a decision.

DaRk Lotus
Originally posted by Shaolin Monk
anybody watch "The Ultimate Fighter" on SpikeTV?

Me I wanted Chris to win tho sad

mr.smiley
Originally posted by AdventChild
i love watching this!!! it's sooo kool! some times it's scary though... i think ufc is better though....do you guys think that MMA in every art would be good ...?

Well that's what the original ufc was about.Defending your style.The problem was most styles just didn't do that well at it came to to BJJ,wrestling,muay thai,and kickboxing.The last two,however,didn't come into play until about 5 years after the creation of the UFC.

mr.smiley
Okay ufc is now officialy on Spike Tv!!!!!!!!!!

Pride is coming to Fox Sports on Sundays.Bas Rutten will be on the best damn sports show aug 19

mr.smiley
TUF2 is over now.I wanted Luke to beat Joe but I like them both.
Did anyone else see Sakuraba beat Shamrock?

StyleTime
I haven't seen it yet, but I did hear that Shamrock wasn't actually knocked out. The ref supposedly stopped the fight prematurely just because Shamrock was a little dazed. It's not that hard to believe either since Japan has wanted Sak to win SOMETHING big since his losses to Silva lol.

I am so happy Crocop beat Barnett though.Just more proof that PRIDE>>>>UFC. Crocop WILL beat Fedor in thier rematch.

I will watch the fights as soon as I can hopefully.

-hh-
Parisyan and Arlovski are my fav fighters.

hatorian
Originally posted by Myth
Also check out the other UFC/Pride threads. Oh, and I think Matt Hughes could single handedly make a match that is superior to all the ones from TUF2 finale.

(From UFC 56 thread they said to post here)

You know, looking at Hughes history he has only fought about five
good fighters in the past. A funny side bar is that he put down
Frank for not being able to defend a rear naked choke, and that is
exactly how BJ Pen got him. I think Mat might want to send an
apology to Frank. All that aside, I see a easy walk through for
Matt. The guy that he is fighting has a decent enough record, but he
loves to stand up. He has 10 submissions, but they came after long
stand up battles. And Matt is the champ so any judges decision is in
the bag.

Myth
I was more or less referring to Hughes as entertaining.

Myth
Oh, also the match Hughes won to receive the championship ended weird as well. He slammed the guy and I think Hughes hit his head on the way down because I think Hughes was out as well. Both fighters went limp and stopped fighting and the ref only saw that the other guy was out. Hughes snapped out of it quick enough and looked confused as hell when he was told he won.

hatorian
I think I saw that one. Matt didnt even know that he is the winner. LOl big grin I like to see the GSP fight. I just hope that GSP win cuz this could be one sided if you look at the books, Sean has a lot more experience in the ring. I see a one sided fight in this case. Funny thing is that both of these fighters lost to Matt Hughes at one time or another. Guess he is surrounding himself with his victims this time out.

hatorian
Well the Georges St-Pierre Vs. Sean Sherk match. This could be one sided if you look at the books, sean has a lot more experience in the ring. I see a one sided fight in this case. Funny thing is that both of these fighters lost to Matt Hughes at one time or another. Guess he is surrounding himself with his victims this time out.

mr.smiley
I would love to see Hughes go to pride.I think he would get his ass owned but I still want to see it.

StyleTime
I want to see Chuck get another shot at PRIDE. I don't think he'd get a championship or anything, but I want to see how he fares now that he has reached his peak in UFC.

mr.smiley
It would be interesting but I still think he would get owned since the competion in Pride is 10xs better than it was in 2003

StyleTime
Of course Chuck wouldn't make it too far, but I don't want to see his potential wasted in the UFC. If he makes it into just the top 8-10 middleweights in PRIDE, I'd gain so much respect for him. I understand he's probably under contract, but sitting around in a tournament where you are obviously better than anyone in your weight class is lame. Chuck should go ahead and go for the gold. He even said he wanted to fight Silva. He should try now before he starts loosing his edge like Igor (or, god forbid, Sakuraba).

bogen
who's seen the doco/ movie about mark kerr aka the smashing machine
mad movie about his personal drug crisis, and relationships and stuff.

yeah he was addicted to pain meds and stuff.
gud movie, we also see an insight into the japanese mixed martial arts world.

mr.smiley
Mark Kerr is a lot like Vitor Belfort.They both should have been the best but it didn't happen for different reasons.

dirk
The Franklin knockout was as good as you are ever going to see. Matt dominated as usual which I liked.

GSP vs. Sherk was great. GSP is amazing. He and Loiseau are the next big stars.

Horn vs. Prangley was a lot better than I thought it would be. And the announcements were incredible. Dana White finally stepped up.

I am not the biggest fan of TUF, but the next season is going to be incredible. You know Tito is going to stir up some shit.

matty22
andrei arloski is the best

StyleTime
Originally posted by matty22
andrei arloski is the best
The best at what? He doesn't look too great to me. Then again, nothing in the UFC looks that impressive nowadays. Pride is where the real fighters are.

mr.smiley
Royce Gracie vs Matt Hughes!

I can't belive it's happening!

I want Royce to win but I think Matt will take him though.

mr.smiley
Holy Shiznez!

Coleman takes out Shogun in like 45 seconds of round one.Very impressive.

StyleTime
I didn't get to see it. How does Rua lose Coleman? Rua was on fire in last year's Grand Prix?

How did Coleman beat him? Ground n pound?

Also. Did you see Crocop vs Mark Hunt? Crocop needs to take a little vacation and relocate his fighting spirit. He has seemed discouraged ever since he lost to Fedor. He should have beat Coleman normally.

mr.smiley
Shogun went for a triangle and Coleman slammed him and broke his arm!

Yeah Crocop needs to evaluate himself,get some air,come back and kick some ass.

Myth
Just watched UFC 58 on PPV tonight. Kind of disappointing. There was some good match ups but no knockouts at all.

mr.smiley
I was pissed GSP won that match against Penn on a split decision.

Myth
St. Pierre won because he had better positioning through the 2nd and 3rd round. I've always hated the judging system. It should be who ever gets their ass kicked more, loses. They gave it to him simply for being better at pushing towards the fense and for his take downs.

StyleTime
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Shogun went for a triangle and Coleman slammed him and broke his arm!

Yeah Crocop needs to evaluate himself,get some air,come back and kick some ass.
I just watched the Coleman/Rua fight. I think a rematch is in the works. It looked like Shogun just fell wrong and broke his arm. Although I must admit I have become a bit of a Rua fanboy lately, I think he should normally be able to beat Coleman with little trouble.

Also, what did you think of the team brawl that broke out after the matchlol. I thought it was a bit unreasonable for Rua's team to jump out like that. It was a fair match and Rua got his arm broken. It's not like Coleman did something illegal. I always thought the fighters would be a little more mature than that.

Even still, brawls from teams of trained fighters are way more interesting to watch than baseball and basketball melees.

Myth
The Ultimate Fighter 3 should be great. I love the fact that Tito and Shamrock are the coaches.

StyleTime
*Breathes life into the thread and hopes someone responds to the message he posted earlier.*

mr.smiley
I herd about and saw pics of the brawl.On sherdog they where translating what Silva said.He challenged Coleman and Baroni apparently.Then he challenged Quinton Jackson again!Hopefully the open weight Grand Prix is very interesting this year.

StyleTime
I herd about and saw pics of the brawl.On sherdog they where translating what Silva said.He challenged Coleman and Baroni apparently.Then he challenged Quinton Jackson again!Hopefully the open weight Grand Prix is very interesting this year.
He challenged Rampage again? Seriously, what is he going to do if Quinton finally whoops his ass? Silva has been looking less and less like an axe murderer lately.

Who do you think is going to be pit against Fedor next? The only ones who had a real chance were Crocop and Nogueira in my opinion. Maybe Mark Hunt is going to get a shot?

The Grand Prix should indeed be worthwhile this year.

mr.smiley
I would definently like to see him fight Hunt.As of now though Fedor just looks unbeatable.He's just a real smooth fighter and tough as hell.
BTW:Their was a rumor that Sakuraba would be fighting Hunt in the open weight Grand Prix.

-hh-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ek8iqTFAGso&search=fight%20ufc

kinda old, but want to see if anyone else has seen it

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY WATCHING SOMEONE IN PAIN

for everyone else...enjoy

koolruningz
sick Dude ! devil

-hh-
laughing out loud sick

Myth
I love the other video of the kick boxer that does that. Closer angles on the leg. big grin

Df02
yea, sick but seen it happen to someone before.

infact i have a dent in my right shin bone from something similar lol

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That is f*cking awful.

superman41082
Yeah, I love it!! And check this out;

I'm going to move across the country just so that I can find a good MMA gym. I want to do this stuff soooooooo bad..............

-hh-
Originally posted by StyleTime
Pride is where the real fighters are.

100% agree

Cro Cop, Fedor and Aleksander Emelianenko = real fighters

as for Matt Hughes, i think he's pure steroids and nothing else.

Phat J
fedor's crazy man, have you seen the fight where he gets dropped on his head then he comes back and wins it?

-hh-
Originally posted by Phat J
fedor's crazy man, have you seen the fight where he gets dropped on his head then he comes back and wins it? yea i think that was against randleman

StyleTime
Originally posted by Phat J
fedor's crazy man, have you seen the fight where he gets dropped on his head then he comes back and wins it?
Yeah. Kevin Randleman slammed him on his head and Fedor still finished him off with a paintbrush. Darth Fedor isn't human. Roidleman is just living proof that steroids are no substitute for skill.

I didn't get to see Pride's open weight tournament yetcry
I'll post a synopsis when I see the fights. Mr. Smiley may have seen it already.

This tournament is what Pride fans like all of us have been waiting for. Excluding having Pride played on cable channels for free. They play f***ing football/baseball/basketball all day and can't put Pride on channels like ESPN.

-hh-
UFC 60

this time, all my predictions were right except for the main event.

spoilers:

gracie is an incredible fighter...truely a legend. the man shows no expression during his fight, and knows exactly what to do....but unfortunatley....hughes punches were just too much for him.

hughes had gracie in an armlock for a while but gracie just would not tap out until he found a way to get out of it...and he did.

great fight thumb up

oh and as for matt hughes...he needs to shut the **** up if he thinks he can take out fedor and other pride fighters....ufc is NOTHING compared to pride.

StyleTime
I don't really keep up with UFC anymore. Hughes really said he can take on the likes Fedor and other Pride fighters?

-hh-
I don't really keep up with UFC anymore. Hughes really said he can take on the likes Fedor and other Pride fighters? yes, in one of his interviews. i'll find it for u, give me one sec.

do u really believe hughes stands a chance against fedor? i dont even think he stands a chance against arlovski...but they are in difference classes.

-hh-
this is pathetic...

Aleksander Emelianenko destroy James Thompson in the first 11 seconds and this video makes it seem like Emelianenko lost

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7383389640066630677&q=emelianenko+aleksander

pathetic

StyleTime
Originally posted by -hh-
yes, in one of his interviews. i'll find it for u, give me one sec.

do u really believe hughes stands a chance against fedor? i dont even think he stands a chance against arlovski...but they are in difference classes.
HAha. Hughes does not stand a chance at all against Fedor. Noone in the UFC stands a chance against Fedor. Crocop and Noguiera are the only guys who have a chance really and noone in the UFC could take them either.

Yeah. That video was weird.

-hh-
HAha. Hughes does not stand a chance at all against Fedor. Noone in the UFC stands a chance against Fedor. Crocop and Noguiera are the only guys who have a chance really and noone in the UFC could take them either.

Yeah. That video was weird.

hopefully i dont sound stupid for saying this, but i believe Arlovski is the only UFC fighter who can ONE DAY stand a chance against the likes of Cro Cop, Noguiera, Mark Hunt, and Fedor Emelianenko...

i think if the guy trains more, and becomes more patient in his fights (his lose to Sylvia was cuz of his rushing to punch), he'll stand a chance.

StyleTime
hopefully i dont sound stupid for saying this, but i believe Arlovski is the only UFC fighter who can ONE DAY stand a chance against the likes of Cro Cop, Noguiera, Mark Hunt, and Fedor Emelianenko...

i think if the guy trains more, and becomes more patient in his fights (his lose to Sylvia was cuz of his rushing to punch), he'll stand a chance.
I don't think Arlovski has what it takes even with more training. The top tier guys of Pride just seem to be more polished and have more natural talent. Arlovski's is just out of his league there. His grappling is nowhere near as technical as Noguiera's, his striking is nowhere near as precise as Cro Cop's, and he is nowhere near as well rounded as Fedor.

Honestly, Chuck Liddell is probably the most skilled guy in UFC, and he couldn't even make it past Rampage in Pride. Still, Chuck is the only reason I'd ever watch UFC seriously anymore and I think he should give Pride another try.

-hh-
I don't think Arlovski has what it takes even with more training. The top tier guys of Pride just seem to be more polished and have more natural talent. Arlovski's is just out of his league there. His grappling is nowhere near as technical as Noguiera's, his striking is nowhere near as precise as Cro Cop's, and he is nowhere near as well rounded as Fedor.

Honestly, Chuck Liddell is probably the most skilled guy in UFC, and he couldn't even make it past Rampage in Pride. Still, Chuck is the only reason I'd ever watch UFC seriously anymore and I think he should give Pride another try. u really think so? i like Chuck and i think he has great kickboxing skills, but the guy throws random punches everywhere and he misses most of them. still...he has a very powerful punch.

i think Arlovski can take Liddell.

i dunno why i think this, but Arlovski seems to be the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. i give him 3-6 more years and he'll be one of the best fighters. his sambo skills are nice, and his strikes are pretty fast. I just think Arlovski is impatient when it comes to fighting...his lose to Tim Sylvia was pathetic.

StyleTime
u really think so? i like Chuck and i think he has great kickboxing skills, but the guy throws random punches everywhere and he misses most of them. still...he has a very powerful punch.

i think Arlovski can take Liddell.

i dunno why i think this, but Arlovski seems to be the most well rounded fighter in the UFC. i give him 3-6 more years and he'll be one of the best fighters. his sambo skills are nice, and his strikes are pretty fast. I just think Arlovski is impatient when it comes to fighting...his lose to Tim Sylvia was pathetic.
Chuck doesn't throw random punches. He usually throws well aimed counter punches. Watch him against Vernon White.

Arlovski could win but only because they are in different weight classes. I'd still say Chuck is more skilled.

-hh-
Chuck doesn't throw random punches. He usually throws well aimed counter punches. Watch him against Vernon White.

Arlovski could win but only because they are in different weight classes. I'd still say Chuck is more skilled. hmmmm i dont know...

chuck and arlovski are my two favorite UFC fighters...same with Parisyan but damn...if u really think about it....none of them will ever stand a chance in PRIDE.

Chuck showed some signs of success in pride but cmon lets be serious....he got his ass kicked.

-hh-
and i thought really hard about it and im either going to take up Muay Thai or Kickboxing.

right now....im thinking kickboxing...

i just want to learn something effective...

StyleTime
hmmmm i dont know...

chuck and arlovski are my two favorite UFC fighters...same with Parisyan but damn...if u really think about it....none of them will ever stand a chance in PRIDE.

Chuck showed some signs of success in pride but cmon lets be serious....he got his ass kicked.
I know neither stand a chance of being a top tier fighter in Pride. I just hate to see Chuck's skill wasted in the UFC. I think he could grow more from Pride.

Kickboxing is a good choice. Make it sure it's not that Cardio-kickboxing crap though. You might want to add some grappling eventually as well.

-hh-
I know neither stand a chance of being a top tier fighter in Pride. I just hate to see Chuck's skill wasted in the UFC. I think he could grow more from Pride.

Kickboxing is a good choice. Make it sure it's not that Cardio-kickboxing crap though. You might want to add some grappling eventually as well. yea i know, that cardio-kickboxing stuff is bullshit. i've done my research stick out tongue

yea im thinking Kickboxing...then some Muay Thai...and then if i decide to really compete i'll take up ArmenianGrappling/Jiu Jitsu.

thanospimphand
cro cop and fedor would destroy chuck all day long

-hh-
Originally posted by thanospimphand
cro cop and fedor would destroy chuck all day long cro cop n fedor are heavyweights, chuck is lhw. big difference.

but yes, in a open weight fight, chuck won't stand a chance.

Dr. Strangelove
Does anyone have the Rashad Evans KO on Salmons. I missed it.

Did anyone see the Herring vs. O'Brien match? Easily the worst fight I've ever seen. Herring looked like trash. There was stuff that I, a novice UFC/Pride watcher, knew you shouldn't be doing. O'Brien wasn't much better considering he was given about 30 chances to stop the fight. Was Herring anything good in Pride because he looked beyond amateurish in this fight?

-hh-
The Rashad KO was good. Rashad is getting better and better.

As for Heath Herring, what was up with his stance? I tried to find out why his stance was so weird, and apparently Joe Rogan said that Herring had a torn MCL. Not to make any excuses, but Herring should have won. Herring was a decent fighter in Pride.

check out the fights i upload. i'll upload my Herring fights soon.

http://www.dailymotion.com/Noubs

-hh-
my bad, forgot to post the KO

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g175/evilmaster-mma/rashad-evans_sean-salmon.gif

G U I T A R
Randy Couture is coming back to try to get the title! But my favorite UFC fighter is Chuck "the Iceman" Liddell!

-hh-
Couture is coming back, but he looks terrible at HW. Anyway, he's gonna have alot of trouble with Tim Sylvia. Sylvia has reach and height advantage. Couture has to to take him down by getting a hold of his knees and using his greco-roman strenght to take him down.

As much as i want Couture to win, i also want him to lose. If he wins and becomes champ, he's going to get murdered by Mirko Cro Cop.

Originally posted by G U I T A R
Randy Couture is coming back to try to get the title! But my favorite UFC fighter is Chuck "the Iceman" Liddell! congratu****inglations

Dr. Strangelove
Yeah and Silvia showed in his last fight that he has got good ground defense as Monson couldn't do anything against him even when he got on the ground.

I wish Cro Crop would fight Silvia right now. I'm tired of seeing the Heavyweight champion coast through the late rounds to win a fight.

-hh-
Pride 33 Looks IMPRESSIVE!!!

Fightcard:

Wanderlei Silva vs Dan Henderson
Takanori Gomi vs Nick Diaz
Kazuhiro Nakamura vs Travis Wiuff
Hayato Sakurai vs Mac Danzig
Kazuo Misaki vs Frank Trigg

Other Participants:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Ricardo Arona
Alexander Emelianenko
Fujita Kazuyuki
Cung Le (50-50 chance that he will be on the card. Planning to be on Pride 35)

Fight Rumors and Participants:

Ricardo Arona vs Brandon Vera (i dont believe it)
Sergei Kharitonov vs Gilbert Yvel
Joe Doerksen
James Te Huna
Josh Neer (Planning to be on Pride 35)
Wes Sims

G U I T A R
HH are you pms'ing again?

-hh-
Originally posted by G U I T A R
HH are you pms'ing again? from the looks of it, your sig is.

Jim Reaper
Pride 33 Looks IMPRESSIVE!!!

Fightcard:

Wanderlei Silva vs Dan Henderson
Takanori Gomi vs Nick Diaz
Kazuhiro Nakamura vs Travis Wiuff
Hayato Sakurai vs Mac Danzig
Kazuo Misaki vs Frank Trigg

Other Participants:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Ricardo Arona
Alexander Emelianenko
Fujita Kazuyuki
Cung Le (50-50 chance that he will be on the card. Planning to be on Pride 35)

Fight Rumors and Participants:

Ricardo Arona vs Brandon Vera (i dont believe it)
Sergei Kharitonov vs Gilbert Yvel
Joe Doerksen
James Te Huna
Josh Neer (Planning to be on Pride 35)
Wes Sims

Is Diaz/Gomi confirmed? My trainer just fought Danzig up in Canada a few mths ago... He lost a decision.

-hh-
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
Is Diaz/Gomi confirmed? My trainer just fought Danzig up in Canada a few mths ago... He lost a decision. yea Gomi & Diaz is confirmed.

im calling Gomi via TKO

who's your trainer?

Jim Reaper
yea Gomi & Diaz is confirmed.

im calling Gomi via TKO

who's your trainer?

John Mahlow.

-hh-
UFC 67 was not bad at all. I was expecting it to be much better but im pleased.

i wont spoil anything but if anyone wants to watch the fights just send a PM

John Mahlow. oh yea? I watched his fight against Mac Danzig. He put up a good fight.

guy222
sorry if this has been posted befor,but i was woundering if anyone else watches either one

UFC is badass

-hh-
Originally posted by guy222
UFC is badass i prefer Pride in most aspects.

StyleTime
What is an aspect you don't prefer Pride in? They win in everything for me.

I watched Crocop vs Sanchez and....it went just like I expected. I hoped for a cleaner K.O. but whatever. Crocop dominated like he should have. I haven't watched Rampage yet but I know how the fight went. Nice to know Pride is representing over in UFC.

As for Pride 33, Shogun vs Overeem is now confirmed. Can't wait to see that.

-hh-

Jim Reaper

As for Pride 33, Shogun vs Overeem is now confirmed. Can't wait to see that.

Should be a good rematch.

StyleTime

Jim Reaper

Anyone have any predictions? Could Henderson go home with the belt?

I've always liked Dan, but Silva has aggression and wgt. on him... Will be tough fight for him. Their 1st fight was great.

-hh-
Hey, you don't have to convince me. Pride is my favorite as well. I only wanted to know the one aspect you don't like about Pride.

Are you sure little Nog vs Rameau confirmed?

Anyone have any predictions? Could Henderson go home with the belt? i wasn't trying to convince anyone. just pointing out why i like the Pride events better. i like mma regardless of which organization i watch (i just prefer Pride stick out tongue)

I want Hendo to go home with 2 belts, but i dont see it happening at all.

Wandy via Decision

Gomi via TKO

Nakamura via Decision

Sakurai via TKO

Misaki via Decision (but Trigg can surprise me)

Rogerio via TKO (not sure if the fight is 100% confirmed yet)

i'll keep you guyz updated.

if anyone wants UFC 67, just send me a PM.

-hh-
and if anyone wants to watch Pride fights. Im uploading them whenever i have time. If anyone has requests just let me know

http://www.dailymotion.com/Noubs

Myth
I've always liked Dan, but Silva has aggression and wgt. on him... Will be tough fight for him. Their 1st fight was great.

Don't forget, Silva will not be allowed to use his knees and feet to Henderson's head if Dan goes down. That will work towards the benefit of Henderson.

Jim Reaper
Originally posted by Myth
Don't forget, Silva will not be allowed to use his knees and feet to Henderson's head if Dan goes down. That will work towards the benefit of Henderson.

I hate special rules... If you're gonna fight...fight. I'd never count Dan out, that dude is tough, and he's a class act.

MMA_Fan_Matt
Hey guys new to the forum. The Sergei Kharitonov vs Gilbert Yvel fight has been called off due to Yvel not being allowed to fight in Nevada.

-hh-
Originally posted by MMA_Fan_Matt
Hey guys new to the forum. The Sergei Kharitonov vs Gilbert Yvel fight has been called off due to Yvel not being allowed to fight in Nevada. yea but Kharitonov is fighting Mike Russow. Kharitonov should have no trouble dismantling Russow. Hopefully Kharitonov shoulder is doing better. that's the reason he lost to Aleksander and Overeem.

MMA_Fan_Matt
Good to know he'll still be fighting. I was going to go to this but looks like I'll have to get it on PPV instead.

-hh-
im definitely ordering it.

StyleTime
PRIDE 33 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO ****ing ready for this.

However, it looks like some of the matches are going to be curbstomps. Wiuff is fighting....James Lee? Little Nog is fighting Soukoudjou? Kharitonov vs Russow? Wtf happened to the fight card? lol. Oh well, the rest of everything looks awesome.

I can't believe 2 of my friends are going to a damn Mastodon concert instead of this lol.

Pride > Mastodon.

MMA_Fan_Matt
I can't believe what's happened so far... wow.

MMA_Fan_Matt
New middleweight champion Mr. Dan Henderson.

-hh-
Pride 33 was...i dont know how to say it. It was unusual, in a great way.

1. Hansen and Ireland are both great fighters. Good matchup, good fight.

2. Misaki did absolutley NOTHING to Trigg. This was SHOCKING.

3. James Lee? Replacement for Nakamura? Who? Knocked out Wiuff in 40 seconds? What??

4. Soukoudjou? Who??? Knocked Out Lil'Nog?? in 23 seconds?? Whats going on?

5. Sakurai and Danzig was great. Danzig displayed alot of potential and Sakurai proved that he deserves to be #2 in LW division.

6. Kharitonov is back! Russow has awful sportsmanship.

7. Rua, in my opinion, is #1 in LHW. Incredible fighter.

8. Most shocking moment of the night. Gomi losing to Diaz?? Im not taking anything away from Diaz but were talking about Gomi. Very dissapointed in Gomi. Diaz did a good job.

9. Silva looked AWFUL. He had a belly, and his punches were not the same. Henderson on the other hand, was incredible. From start to finish, Hendo was in control. Great job to Hendo, deserves both belts.

Overall: The event was worth every penny. Too many shocking moments though. I woudln't recommend a hardcore fan with some heart condition to watch this event. Too many "OH SHIT" moments.

8.5/10

Jim Reaper
War Hendo! That is awesome... How did Diaz get so busted up...elbow?

-hh-
War Hendo! That is awesome... How did Diaz get so busted up...elbow? Gomi's punches were MUCH stronger than Diaz's. Diaz just threw much more jabs and landed almost all of them. Gomi could have still won, but had no cardio to support him. Diaz did a great job with the gogoplata.

MMA_Fan_Matt
UFC 68 tonight. As much as I like Randy I got to pick Sylvia.

Jim Reaper
Gomi's punches were MUCH stronger than Diaz's. Diaz just threw much more jabs and landed almost all of them. Gomi could have still won, but had no cardio to support him. Diaz did a great job with the gogoplata.

Gomi is a little overated in my opinion. I think his record is misleading...
Anyone watch the UFC last night? Couture is a stud.

-hh-
Randy Couture vs Tim Sylvia

Randy dominated! that was incredible.

My prediction was Randy via Submission, but i thought it was going to be a real close fight.

i was really wrong. Randy dominated the ENTIRE fight. True warrior.

StyleTime
Couldn't comment on Pride 33 before now. Been busy.

Lil Nog vs Soukoudjou- Lil Nog definitely doesn't have his brother's iron chin.

Gomi vs Diaz- Gomi should have won this. I think he might have a had a problem adjusting to the time zone difference. His cardio seemed perfectly fine vs BJ Penn. Something was really wrong during this fight. We'll have to wait until the rematch.

Henderson vs Silva- Heh heh. I knew it all along. I didn't want to say anything here before the fight because I honestly thought I'd jinx Henderson, but I always thought he could beat Silva. Oh and Silva, if Crocop needed to get a ground game, you do too.

Kharitonov vs Russow- Lmao at the stare off. Russow put up a better fight than I expected. Kharitonov still won that though. Also, Russow tapped like 40 trillion times as shown in the replay. What was he complaining about? Did Sergei hold his gloves in the submission? Good show.

Wiuff vs Lee-...Wiuff are you serious?

Hansen vs Ireland- Unexpectedly a good fight. Good stuff both of you guys.

Trigg vs Misaki- Just as I expected. I don't know why people thought Misaki was going to take this honestly. Good stuff Trigg.

Sakurai vs Danzig- Again just like I expected. I've always thought Sakurai was a complete badass even before coming to Pride. Glad to see he is still kicking ass. Oh and uh...nice sidekick Danzig

Shogun vs Overeem- I figured Shogun would win. Good fight though. Shogun could be middle weight champion if he wants it badly enough.

As for the audience....I love my country but I seriously hate American audiences sometimes. I honestly thought that it was limited to the UFC crowd, but even the American Pride group booed when the fight went to the ground. It's really annoying. Go watch boxing or something. Don't bring down the atmosphere at a MMA event.

-hh-
i just got bad news. Pride 34 MIGHT be the last Pride event we will ever see. Pride apparently is in a "life-death situation". I dont know the details, but the event is called Pride 34: Kamikaze.

-hh-
i thought Misaki was going to take it cuz he defeated Henderson like it was nothing.

-hh-
http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/randy-couture_tim-sylvia.gif

Dr. Strangelove
i just got bad news. Pride 34 MIGHT be the last Pride event we will ever see. Pride apparently is in a "life-death situation". I dont know the details, but the event is called Pride 34: Kamikaze.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pride and UFC combine. Cro Cop came out with the Pride theme music in his debut in UFC and UFC have been showing a ton of Pride highlights these past few months.

Hopefully if UFC does buy out Pride, Dana will keep the two separate with the exception of having a battle of the champions every year.

StyleTime
I honestly think(and hope) it's a publicity stunt for Pride. Obviously Pride doesn't lack the fanbase seeing as how they can fill over 90,000 seats. I mean they did pull something like this with a the crap about Liddell vs Silva. I want to also know why Fujitv dropped Pride in Japan. I mean, how is noone willing to pick Pride up? Something weird is going on. I've even heard that Pride is with the yakuza or some stuff. I heard that was why Crocop left too. Eh, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I sincerely hope UFC doesn't buy Pride. I dislike Dana White. I have an article that'll make any Pride fan really want to strangle the guy. I'll post a link later.

Also, Randy is the MAN!.

MMA_Fan_Matt
I think I am through with this prediction stuff. big grin

-hh-
here are some rumors for Pride 34 and the participants.

thus far we know the main event will be

Fujita vs TBA (i hope it's Mark Hunt)
Yoshida vs TBA

-hh-
updates on the Pride 34 card.

Fujita vs TBA
Mark Hunt vs TBA
Yoshida vs TBA
Minowa vs TBA

so far it's looking decent. I'm a Mark Hunt fan, so i'm definitley ordering this event. Yoshida is great when he displays his judo skills, and Fujita is always fun to watch, and as for minowa, im not much of a fan.

StyleTime
-hh-, noone is a fan of Minowa lol.

Here is the article I mentioned earlier.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070226/sports/misc_mma_ufc68

-hh-
nice article. thanks.

MMA_Fan_Matt
Looks like Rampage/Chuck is officially set for May 26.

-hh-
Both fighters have improved so much. Rampage destroyed Chuck in the first fight, and i dont see that happening again. Rampage currently trains at Legends with some of the best MMA fighters. His cardio is incredible, and his leg kicks are improving too.

i want Rampage to win, but this fight can go either way. Hopefully Rampage doesn't get nervous again.

Dr. Strangelove
If Chuck does win, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes up to Heavyweight to fight Randy or Cro Cop as he would've beaten pretty much everyone in the UFC Light Heavyweight Division.

-hh-
he said in an interview a while ago

first he wants Cro Cop, then Wanderlei, and finally Fedor.

he's not going to be able to defeat Cro Cop, unless he pulls off a Randleman. Wandy has lost all heart, so he shouldn't have too much of a problem, and Fedor is not human so Chuck wont stand a chance.

i cant really picture Chuck at heavyweight. He already has a belly when he's fighting. how much more weight can he put on? he'll be slow

-hh-
Rashad and Tito are fighting. Evans has tons of potential to be one of the top fighters.

Jim Reaper
I'll just sit back and enjoy Rampage/Chuck... Should be a good one.

-hh-
hopefully Rampage wins. he's not ready, he even said he wants a few fights before fighting Chuck, but anything can happen in MMA.

StyleTime
I can't wait for Rampage vs Chuck 2. Hopefully Rampage beats him. I do like Chuck a lot, but I want to see Pride fighters represent in the octagon. Especially considering all the hype Rampage and Crocop are carrying right now. Some people are going to judge Pride solely by how those two perform. (Yes, I'm a Pride fanboy I know)

GO RAMPAGE!!!

-hh-
i like both organizations, but Pride is better in every aspect. that is why i only order pride events and not ufc.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>