Kadann vs Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jonathan Mark
My first thread in awhile...

Setting: Valley of the Dark Lords.

And yes Rex, Kadann is a SW character. He was a Dark Side phophet and one of Palpy's main advisors. He's just not very well known, but he was said to be incredibly powerful.

Revolver Ocelot
His powers always seemed to be on a galactic scale like Joorus

But Vader was quite obviously more powerful than any Empire era Dark Jedi... he was the DLotS.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
His powers always seemed to be on a galactic scale like Joorus

But Vader was quite obviously more powerful than any Empire era Dark Jedi... he was the DLotS.

Dude Kadann was said to be nearly as powerful as Palps himself. I doubt Kadann would have excepted the title of DLotS he's just not that type of guy... he's more like Kreia than anything.

Revolver Ocelot
Yeah, but like I said... from my impression of the dude, his powers were more like Joorus'. I doubt he can take Vader in close-quartered combat.

Jonathan Mark
Worst comes to worst he can just short out Vader's suit with lightning as he was shown to be capible of.

IKC
This isn't the Kadann from those stupid kid books with Triclops and Trioculus... is it?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by IKC
This isn't the Kadann from those stupid kid books with Triclops and Trioculus... is it?

Don't know who those two are... then again it's been awile since I read those. Or did I read those? Hell I don't even know if I was alive when those came out.

Lightsnake
The Kadann in the dumb kids books was a fake, the real Kadann is far more powerful

PurpleSaber
What was Kadann in?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
What was Kadann in?

* The Dark Forces Saga, Part V
* Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

And others.

Captain REX
Vader and Palpatine I see as being more powerful than any OT-era Dark Jedi. After all, they ARE under their control.

However, Kadann does have lightning, which would be useful. I haven't seen him ever pick up a lightsaber, though.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Captain REX
Vader and Palpatine I see as being more powerful than any OT-era Dark Jedi. After all, they ARE under their control.

However, Kadann does have lightning, which would be useful. I haven't seen him ever pick up a lightsaber, though.

He did have his own lightsaber... it was green I believe.

Lightsnake
Kadann doesn't like fighting, though...he generally never fought and left if violence was used...and considering Vader's fought, bested and killed dark Jedi, I'd imagine he devised a way to compensate for his...issues

Darth_Glentract
Kadann is a male Kreia. I can certainly see him taking Vader.

Lightsnake
I'm pretty sure his introduction article stated him as inferior to Vader

jollyjim311
Vader blocks the lightning and then chops him into pieces.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Vader blocks the lightning and then chops him into pieces.

Hell yes.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Hell yes.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Janus Marius
Yay, Vader fanboys!

Captain REX
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
He did have his own lightsaber... it was green I believe.

That would be Jedgar, his second in command.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Captain REX
That would be Jedgar, his second in command.

Oh yea that tall dude.

Lightsnake
Because thinking Vader could beat anyone is fanboyism, yeah...

Janus Marius
No, the unanimous "OMfg Vadur slashus him and he go down easy like" is more than a bit fanboyish. It's not an issue of whether or not Vader can win... It's that "He kills all opposition real easy and with no apparent challenge despite no canon evidence to support such power and excellence in combat" mentality that is just obnoxious.

Lightsnake
I'm pretty sure the DS sourcebook established Kadann's inferiority to Vader....and considering we've seen Vader's speed, agility and combat prowess...

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Janus Marius
No, the unanimous "OMfg Vadur slashus him and he go down easy like" is more than a bit fanboyish. It's not an issue of whether or not Vader can win... It's that "He kills all opposition real easy and with no apparent challenge despite no canon evidence to support such power and excellence in combat" mentality that is just obnoxious.

Yeah, because Kadann has just shown us so much more power than Vader.

Janus Marius
I don't doubt that Kadann is likely inferior to Vader, but I wouldn't count the DS sourcebook as being a reliable source. Go for something more concrete.

Originally posted by jollyjim311
Yeah, because Kadann has just shown us so much more power than Vader.

Yeah, because I never made that assinine assertion. Reading comprehension is your friend, "jollyjim311". Seriously, you're the person who comes in here and votes for Vader in every match up he's in.

Vader versus Kit Fisto

jollyjim311: Vader!

Vader versus Count Dooku

Vader versus Galactus

Vader versus everyone

jollyjim311: Vader easy foo!

Seriously. I realize you dislike me because I don't bow down and worship every aspect of Vader, but that's tough shit. I call it like I see it.

Lightsnake
The DS sourcebook CREATED Kadann as we know him. It's a canon, EU, reliable source and considering it's almost everything we have on this issue...

Janus Marius
So the DS sourcebook is his initial appearance? He's an RP character? Or the creation of the RPG company?

Lightsnake
Janus, we've been over this: Sourcebooks are equal to books in story material as all are approved by the editors at LFL. Care to ask Dan?

And technically Kadann's creation was in the Jedi Prince series, but that was revealed as the false Kadann

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Janus Marius
So the DS sourcebook is his initial appearance? He's an RP character? Or the creation of the RPG company?

No he was created for the old Jedi Prince series and the Polyhedron 103 magize. He is also seen in NJO somewhere I believe. Oh and he was in Mysteries of the Sith.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Janus, we've been over this: Sourcebooks are equal to books in story material as all are approved by the editors at LFL. Care to ask Dan?

And technically Kadann's creation was in the Jedi Prince series, but that was revealed as the false Kadann

Do me a favor- spare me the exasperated tone, Lightsnake. The canon policy states that material pertaining to the story used in sourcebooks may be counted as C-canon. However, if there's an original source that he originates from, we take that over an RPG sourcebook. It's that simple. Now, I don't know what it is you've seen or read in the sourcebook that leads you to believe Kadaan < Vader (And again, I'm not saying if you're right or wrong), but it should be reflected in the source material where it was derived from.

That is, unless canon policy suddenly states that RPG sourcebooks can create canon now. That would be interesting.

Lightsnake
Not in this case we don't: Kadann was retconned to hell and back. You really want to use the wimpy Kadann we got in those excuses for books? The non-force sensitive, imperial agent, fraud Kadann? The Dark Side Sourcebook's story info clarified earlier retcons and changed a bit: That the Kadann in those books was a fraud and imposter and the real Kadann, the supreme prophet was an ex-Jedi Knight who left the Empire and established his own dark side teachings. As far as we know, he's still active. He's also described as very powerful, though he hates fighting and using his power for any reason of intimidation.

Janus Marius
Fair enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.