horrorbrain.com Top 10 Sickest Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn

LizzyT123
hmm, I haven't seen any of those

Comicbook_kid
You forgot two : "Nekromantik" and "Nekromantik 2"....trust me, it's not a pretty sight....

Alpha Centauri
I've seen Ichi the Killer and Irreversible.

From what my friend tells me of August Underground's Mordum, I don't ever want to see it.

-AC

BackFire
I stumbled upon this list a few weeks ago, wasn't impressed. I really can't imagine August Underground (a film that's supposed to be all SFX and nothing more) being more sick or disgusting than Salo or Men Behind the Sun.

Plus, Salo is way way too low on that list. Salo is infinitely worse than Cannibal Holocaust, Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood and Ichi: The Killer.

But, if this list is just about gore and blood, and not about truley disturbing content on a deeper level than just showing some crazy gore/torture, than I guess it could be accurate.

I guess I should see the August Underground movies. Heard a lot about it and sounds like more of the same, really. Sucks that I have to pay 20 bucks to get it sent to me, since it's not available to rent or at retail stores. I don't want to blind buy a movie that more than likely sucks at everything other than gore effects.

Though, I still need to see Aftermath, heard a lot about it and it sounds good. And Cutting Moments sounds solid.

C-Dic
"Ichi" and "Cannibal Holocaust" are ****in' weak, IMO.

I'm about a week away from ordering the Guinea Pig boxed set, personally. "Salo" is pure debotchery, and the original white ring Criterion fetches about $350.

BackFire
Thank god for my 10 dollar bootleg edition. I've seen the original Criterion selling for upwards of $1,000. It's nuts.

Salo sure is debotchery, it was meant to be. It is also immensely affective and as a result immensely powerful. Love it or hate it, it's not a film that one can't be affected by after viewing, which is what makes it successful. No matter how jaded a person is, you can't help but feel pure disgust from watching it, any movie that can provoke such feelings so strongly and on such a deep, visceral level deserves praise just for that fact alone. Plus the fact that the film actually has meaning beyond shallow gross-out scenes and that it is still relevant to society even 30 years after it was created pushes it up even further. It is a great movie, in that it's great at what it does, it achieves its goal better than any other movie I've seen.

The Guinea Pig movies are good as a whole, don't expect much from 'Devils Experiment', it was disapointing, but Mermaid in the Manhole, Flower of Flesh and Blood and The Man who Can't Die are all very good for what they are. Plus the documentary is excellent, really interesting seeing how they did the effects in the infamous flower of flesh...

MildPossession
Seen Irreversible, Ichi The Killer(hyped up in the gore/violence), Salo, Cannibal Holocaust(load of rubbish imo), and haven't seen any of the others in the list.

Men Behind The Sun is avaliable here, but it's edited, never seen it anywhere. Mordum is to suppose to be completely crap and hyped, same for Murder Set Pieces.

Alpha Centauri
According to someone who owns Mordum (somehow), it's basically shot in a snuff-film style and features serial killers acting out their crimes.

Featuring such acts as: Vomiting on females while raping them/after raping them, gutting a female and then penetrating the wound, forcing a man to sever his own penis very slowly with a small pair of scissors, a female performing oral acts on said severed penis and then using it as a toy on the captive female (yes, in THAT way) to name a few.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf

BackFire
See, that shit just in Mordum just screams "hype me, hype me!". That kind of violence that is so over the top becomes too much to be taken seriously. From the reviews I've read and other people who have seen it, it's more or less just a vehicle for the filmmakers to show off their talent for gore special effects and little more. Just one over the top event after another.

Alpha Centauri
I'm borrowing Salo tomorrow, let's see how I deal with it.

-AC

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I've only heard rumors about August Underground's Mordum. Can't really say much. However, the film to see is Aftermath. The DVD is currently banned.

As for the list I feel that Africa dolce e selvaggia (Shocking Africa) is clearly unknown to the gorehound fanbase (except me) This is truly one of the most sickest documentaries/films ever made. If you can find a vhs copy you're very lucky.

Aftermath is available at DVDplanet.com last I checked. Where did you hear it was banned?

Good luck with Salo, AC. By far the most disgusting and unsettling film I've ever seen.

Alpha Centauri
Worse than Cannibal Holocaust?

-AC

BackFire
Infinitely.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BackFire
Aftermath is available at DVDplanet.com last I checked. Where did you hear it was banned?

I read it in article from fangoria:

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=4369

I didn't struck me to look for it at DVD planet. I might have to make a trip there to get a copy.

BackFire
They might not have it at their store, it may only be available online. Wouldn't be the first time.

Zilverz
i hated salo! to be perfectly honest i never want to see the movie again. With the exception of the torcher at the end the rest of the movie is just garbage. Call it shocking, call it disgusting .. I call it a waist of time.

MildPossession
Nothing in Salo disturbed me until the violence/torture at the end. It's not a film I would watch again just because I didn't get anything out of the film, not a fan of any of Pasolini's directing work actually except for The Gospel According To St. Matthew, can remember liking this one.

BackFire
I thought the most disturbing and unsettling parts of the film was when the villains were just chatting in a completely casual manner, as if what they're doing is entirely within the norm of their morals. It was scenes like this that really slammed the point of the movie home.

Of course, the forced sex and the eating of shit was pretty ****ed up too.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BackFire
They might not have it at their store, it may only be available online. Wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah I check and is only for online.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.