Asgardian Destroyer Invades Apokalips!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
powered by Loki's spirit, odin sends the destroyer to apokalips to end the menace of darkseid and his world forever. can the destroyer get the job done??

it's disintegration vs omega effect!! eek!

Thunderstrike
Destroyer would wreak some havoc, but ain't beating Darkseid.

and this is a Thor "fanboy" saying this.

Space M ummy
If superman could defeat darkseid on his own on more than one occasion then the Destroyer hands darkseid his ass.

The Destroyer is FAR more durable, feels no pain, never tires, can transmute matter and can project all kinds of energy in ADDITION to The disintegrator beam that can annihilate anything.

The only unknown quantity is the omega effect. Would the omega effect even work on an inanimate object? Could something not alive be removed from the source? Wonder woman managed to block the omega effect with her bracelets! I would think the destroyer is at least as tough.

Darksaint
^^^^ALL Darkseid Avatars......AVATARS!!!

And this is in DCU, so the Omega Effect is in full force.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Darksaint
^^^^ALL Darkseid Avatars......AVATARS!!!

And this is in DCU, so the Omega Effect is in full force.

I don't know if I buy the "avatar" excuse. we haven't seen a non jobbing Darkseid since before the crisis, and that was two decades ago.

The argument is whether the omega effect would work on the destroyer- seeing as how wonder women deflected it with her bracelets, I don't see how they're going to do any better against something designed of the most durable substance in the marvel universe, enchanted by a skyfather and powered by the lifeforce of a god.

Superman blocked the OE with heatvision. Disintegration beams >>>>heatvision

leonidas
hmm, superman has been shown to be important to the source, hence his (at times) seeming 'invulnerability' to the OE. the heat vision thing though -- he did NOT block it, he merely deflected it -- for a moment.

the bracelets are a legitimate comparison though, but i wonder -- was ds actually TRYING to destroy the bracelets? didn't she intercept a beam intended for supes? if so, the OE may have been . . . set on the wrong 'power' (if that makes sense). the OE CAN manifest in a variety of ways -- perhaps in seeking to kill supes the level or manifestation was not correct to destroy a powerful magical item? just speculating. in the past, ds has shown himself to be above the dc skygods, so were he 'really' trying to destroy the bracelets, it seems as though he could have. it's just a thought. i hate having to rationalize a jobbing . . .

(unless of course i got the incident wrong in which case all this rationalization is utterly meaningless . . . sad )

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Superman blocked the OE with heatvision. Disintegration beams >>>>heatvision

Did someone say "Disintegration beams?" eek!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/nodisintegrate.jpg

laughing

Tron
Darkseid beams him home, then continues eating his sandwich.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Did someone say "Disintegration beams?" eek!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/nodisintegrate.jpg

laughing

Pretty sure that wasn't the Asgardian destroyer. Inapplicable.

Still kinda funny though.

Juntai
I don't know if I buy the "avatar" excuse. we haven't seen a non jobbing Darkseid since before the crisis, and that was two decades ago.

The argument is whether the omega effect would work on the destroyer- seeing as how wonder women deflected it with her bracelets, I don't see how they're going to do any better against something designed of the most durable substance in the marvel universe, enchanted by a skyfather and powered by the lifeforce of a god.

Superman blocked the OE with heatvision. Disintegration beams >>>>heatvision Actually, we have seen Darkseid working as he should numerous times, the idea that we haven't is a myth passed by non-believers. And as said, the times he wasn't up to norm, were pretty much all but retconned out of existance.

UniOmni
So jun, Apok Now and S/B were retconned recently?? That makes my day.

Thunderstrike
So, is Darkseid basically Superman's punching bag, or were all those really Avatars?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Tron
Darkseid beams him home, then continues eating his sandwich.

Agreed.

TS...it's still a disintegration beam. I wouldn't want to get hit with one no matter who or what was blasting with it.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Agreed.

TS...it's still a disintegration beam. I wouldn't want to get hit with one no matter who or what was blasting with it.

True, but I'm guessing whoever fired that one on Superman didn't know how to dintegrate anyone near Herald level.

aliveinboston
If superman could defeat darkseid on his own on more than one occasion then the Destroyer hands darkseid his ass.

The Destroyer is FAR more durable, feels no pain, never tires, can transmute matter and can project all kinds of energy in ADDITION to The disintegrator beam that can annihilate anything.

The only unknown quantity is the omega effect. Would the omega effect even work on an inanimate object? Could something not alive be removed from the source? Wonder woman managed to block the omega effect with her bracelets! I would think the destroyer is at least as tough.

Darkseid as he is shown nowadays would be utterly thrashed in a matter of moments but Darkseid as he ought to be portrayed (atleast on the same level as Thanos) might stand a chance of holding off the assault until he can escape.

grey fox
Destroyer smashes up a few darkseid statues, destroy's Kalibak and then get's teleported into a black hole.

leonidas
let's assume bfr is NOT an option because of an odin enchantment . . . shifty

Thanos_6383
About the only way to win..Teleportation...or,better yet,go up to the Destroyer and see if it's ticklish.Hopefully the real Darkseid wont do this,just his avatar.

grey fox
I don't know ? Thor took out the Asgardian destroyer before with pure strength , and shouldn't Darkseid be leaps and bounds ahead of Thor strength wise ?

leonidas
Originally posted by grey fox
I don't know ? Thor took out the Asgardian destroyer before with pure strength , and shouldn't Darkseid be leaps and bounds ahead of Thor strength wise ?

true, but in that instance the host was (very briefly) distracted. not sure loki would be so easily distracted . . .

could the disintegration/wiping out of existence power of the OE destroy the destroyer . . .?

juggernaut66666
if its a darkseid avatar then destroyer beats the shit out of him

Eternity
Assuming the OE collided with the destroyers disentegration beams what would happen. I think the destroyer wins afterall darkside gets whupped by superman but thor only scrapes victories past the destroyer(no offence to thor fans). I think it al depends on who can disentegrate the other first and ithink thats the destroyer

Juntai
Darkseid wins.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by grey fox

Another spot of bad writing. Being just a piece of mystically animated metal, the Destroyer cannot be "knocked out". To be knocked out requires a brain and a nervous system.

Yes, Darkseid should be leaps and bounds ahead in strength of Thor if that's where he chooses to apply his power. For some reason, perhaps to please whiny Superman fanboys, DC has utterly emasculated Darkseid.

Juntai
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Another spot of bad writing. Being just a piece of mystically animated metal, the Destroyer cannot be "knocked out". To be knocked out requires a brain and a nervous system.

Yes, Darkseid should be leaps and bounds ahead in strength of Thor if that's where he chooses to apply his power. For some reason, perhaps to please whiny Superman fanboys, DC has utterly emasculated Darkseid. Losing to Supes in the comics themselves is nothing to be ashamed of. He's The Presence part 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.