The Spector vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman41082
Who wins and how?

bean_machine
ummm, ummm, ummm

Rick/Genis
dude.... spectre..

grey fox
Spectre , easily.

Thunderstrike
Maybe RKT would be a match, but not Thor normally.

Tshern
I think even RKT would go down and fast.

superman41082
I picked Thor because of Mjolner. I'm trying to figure out who on earth, or in space, could beat him, and I was thinking maybe Surfer or it might even take someone like Galactus, but Thor isn't the type to be intimidated, so that would weaken Spectre's power over him, and Spectre is just a spirit while Thor is a god. Maybe Thor could use Mjolner to smite him somehow. He can go to different demensions......... Who else could beat Spectre???

jasofisc
thor even rune king thor with the uni power and the phonix force goes down hard, like really hard.

superman41082
Yeah, you're right. I was just seeing if I could find someone to go out on a limb and pick 'The Mighty One'. I love Thor, and it just seemed to me that it's possible that Mjolner might be something that Spectre might fear or that may be able to hurt him...........

juggernaut66666
hey supes 41082 do you need the sig?

superman41082
yeah, sure, I can't even figure out how to get back to my private messages

i'm new here

aliveinboston
Originally posted by superman41082
Who wins and how?

On a good day, even the Silver Surfer could take Spectre.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by jasofisc
thor even rune king thor with the uni power and the phonix force goes down hard, like really hard.

I beg to differ sonny. wink

GodofThunder
If I am thinking about the correct person (spectre) isnt he mostly a user of powers and such u know turnin people into things and blasting them and melting them like wax. Well I'm sorry but Thor absorbs these things with not thinking about it too much with his hammer. I think with someone who doesnt use a whole lot of hand to hand Thor could take out pretty easily.

superman41082
Godofthunder, that's kind of why I posted this. Thor is a god, and magic/spirits don't have the same effect on him as other characters. Spectre is ridiculously powerful, and I'm not exactly sure how Thor would be able to hurt it, but who knows what kinds of tricks Mjolner has up it's sleeve. Mjolner rules! Anyways, no one's going to go out on a limb and take Thor? I mean, are you guys absolutely sure that The Spectre would have any power on him? Maybe Thor has something in Asgard that could hurt Spectre.

grey fox
Ok heres how it goes

Thor is what i like to call a God-mortal , He is a Mortal whom has enough skills/powers/etc that he believes he is a god. No , thor is no actual god. If he was a 'real' god he would be able to dismiss spectre with a wave of his hand.

Thor takes a serious stomping.

superman41082
No, he's a god now. Thor's dad Odin dropped the other mortal part of Thor because Thor had learned humility. He's still a god that takes a human form. Yes he can be physically harmed, but only in the way that any god could. Yes they still have organic-type bodies, but they're still gods. Things don't effect gods the same way. So could the Spectre just handle Aries or Hades? I think that the Spectres control over these types of characters would be considerably hindered, and maybe enough for Thor to pull a victory off, or at least a stalemate.

grey fox
Hell yeah , if necessary Spectre could handle anyone , as long as their not Imps , but thats because Imps just about **** with reality in itself

GalacticStorm
I think youre getting too caught up on the word god. Thor and the skyfathers are self proclaimed gods. They arent truly immortal, they are non factors in the cosmic scheme of things.

The Spectre is the Wrath of DC's supreme being. It would take the likes of Eternity and beyond to stand a chance against him. He is way out of any skyfathers league.

grey fox
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I think youre getting too caught up on the word god. Thor and the skyfathers are self proclaimed gods. They arent truly immortal, they are non factors in the cosmic scheme of things.

The Spectre is the Wrath of DC's supreme being. It would take the likes of Eternity and beyond to stand a chance against him. He is way out of any skyfathers league.

That's what i've been trying to say. Although i still say the void could have a good chance if he caught the spectre unaware...

superman41082
I'm trying to think of anyone who could take down the Spectre. Is there anything he's afraid of or that can hurt him? Does he have a kryptonite???

grey fox
Hmmm , aside from the presence no. He could possibly be manipulated by magic and mind-games but even that was a little weak....

GodofThunder
I did allitle research and man Spectre is strong but as I said that good ol hammer of the so on Odin absorbs power yes can absorb it this would not in any stretch of the imagination be easy as I first said(did research) but I still believe he could do this and to put something in perspective they are gods. Son od Odin and Gaea(mother of Earth) he is only called a mortal God because he fell in love with a human and this odin thought this was pretty mortal so gave him a human like state.

Superherovandal
Spectre would pimpslap odin let alone thor.

dman2008
Originally posted by aliveinboston
On a good day, even the Silver Surfer could take Spectre.

the stupidity of this comment amazes me roll eyes (sarcastic)

superman41082
LOL Dman.......... That's not nice though. That could happen to anyone. Don't worry aliveinboston, a slip of the fingers can happen(no pun intended).

dman2008
Originally posted by superman41082
LOL Dman.......... That's not nice though. That could happen to anyone. Don't worry aliveinboston, a slip of the fingers can happen(no pun intended).

but its the truth if it wasn't a mistake and he actualy meant what he said then he obviously

A. Only reads marvel and very little DC which makes him think that a character equal to a veteran Greeen Lantern in power (imho) can even think of standing up to Spectre let alone beating him, because of his lack of knowledge about spectre and DC comics.

B. Was Joking

I'm pretty sure its A roll eyes (sarcastic)

the Darkone
Their may be a handful of people that can beat the Spectre and it's a samll list and Thor and Odin are not on it.

Marvel/DC

Presence/TOAA
Living Tribunal/ White Corwn Phoenix/ True Beyonder/ArchAngel Michael/ Luicfer Morning Star/Great Evil Beast

IMOP that's it

dman2008
Originally posted by the Darkone
Their may be a handful of people that can beat the Spectre and it's a samll list and Thor and Odin are not on it.

Marvel/DC

Presence/TOAA
Living Tribunal/ White Corwn Phoenix/ True Beyonder/ArchAngel Michael/ Luicfer Morning Star/Great Evil Beast

IMOP that's it

agree with you except for LT I think he would be able to stalemate Spectre not beat him smile

Mider
LT cant beat spectre me and GS have proved he cant not even eternity could beat him i think.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Mider
LT cant beat spectre me and GS have proved he cant not even eternity could beat him i think.

You mean GS did. You can't prove jack shit.

LT for the win. He just says go away.
http://images.google.com/url?q=http://comolo.redsectorart.com/images/cosmic/images/livtrib1.jpg

The Spectre isn't omnipotent. LT is. big grin

Superherovandal
actually he isn't omnipotent he had trouble with Strange for sakes. and some other guy he was afraid of. and Spectre is gods wrath. i doubt LT could do that.

joesha28
Spectre wins. Maybe the most powerful character in comicdom.

grey fox

batdude123
Originally posted by GodofThunder
If I am thinking about the correct person (spectre) isnt he mostly a user of powers and such u know turnin people into things and blasting them and melting them like wax. Well I'm sorry but Thor absorbs these things with not thinking about it too much with his hammer. I think with someone who doesnt use a whole lot of hand to hand Thor could take out pretty easily.

Seriously, read up on Spectre before you make generalizations. The guy is uber powerful and he seriously would take out Thor really badly. Thor doesn't stand a chance. Not even RKT would give him a fight at all. Spectre 30/10.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Superherovandal
actually he isn't omnipotent he had trouble with Strange for sakes. and some other guy he was afraid of. and Spectre is gods wrath. i doubt LT could do that.

Spectre isn't God's wrath. He's a spirit of vengeance given power by God. Bit of a difference. wink

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Spectre isn't God's wrath. He's a spirit of vengeance given power by God. Bit of a difference. wink

Sorry TS but SHV was right. Aztar the fallen angel who transformed into the embodiment of Gods wrath as detailed in Spectre v3 #60.

Thunderstrike
He's not a part of God though. It's impossible. He can be manipulated.

GalacticStorm
He's not a part of God though. It's impossible. He can be manipulated.

He was transformed by God to embody Gods wrath. While he is not an aspect of God in a holy trinity sense he is very much a part of God. That is canon fact and as such is not debatable.

Thunderstrike
Doesn't make any sense. Sounds like "SBP punching on the walls of reality" to me.

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Sorry TS but SHV was right. Aztar the fallen angel who transformed into the embodiment of Gods wrath as detailed in Spectre v3 #60. clapping

superman41082
Doesn't make any sense. Sounds like "SBP punching on the walls of reality" to me.

How does that not make any sense? God doesn't fittle around with such things himself. He has his b*tches go do it.

BobbyD
If this is the old Spectre given an order by The Presence, Thor goes down very easily/horribly.

dman2008

or scarlet witch erasing all of Morrissons X-men run roll eyes (sarcastic)

joesha28
Actually RKT has better chance against Hostless Spectre...much better than what Shazam did.

GalacticStorm
Spectre 10/10. People are seriously overrating Thor here. As powerful and great a character he is, he is still just skyfather/Elder God level and there are many runs on the cosmic hierarchy between him and a being like Spectre.

You have the Watchers, Elder Gods, the cube beings, physical forces like Inbetweener, The Stranger, Galactus and the Celestials and the abstracts.

S.S
Originally posted by joesha28
Actually RKT has better chance against Hostless Spectre...much better than what Shazam did.
Actually no he doesn't......... wink

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by dman2008
or scarlet witch erasing all of Morrissons X-men run roll eyes (sarcastic)

You think I disagree with you? Jebus. You're f*cking rabid. Every time I mention that phrase people get pissy. I don't hate all of DC. Get the f*ck over it.

dman2008
You think I disagree with you? Jebus. You're f*cking rabid. Every time I mention that phrase people get pissy. I don't hate all of DC. Get the f*ck over it.
roll eyes (sarcastic)
what have I ever done to you jeez someone has a temper wink

the Darkone
Originally posted by dman2008
agree with you except for LT I think he would be able to stalemate Spectre not beat him smile

Living Tribunal and Spectre are equals it will be stalemate unless god says other wise.

batdude123
Spectre wins this fight 95/10. Why is this even a thread?

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Spectre wins this fight 95/10. Why is this even a thread?
Co-signed.

spetznaz
Thor is powerful.
Goodness, if I was given free reign over Thor's penmanship I'd make him into a really powerful beast (basically making him more in line with his Norse mythology roots, and thus not a hammer-totting brick, and still make him continue to be an entertaining character). Thor has many great attributes, and written well (and sadly for Thor it is an on-off thing) he is really amazing.

With that said, Thor (any version, from the 'I have a hammer to hit you on your noggin' version to the 'behold the mighty potence of the Odin force') has absolutely no business messing with the Spectre.
Especially under KMC rules, meaning that the spectre will be at his best.

This is what would happen:
- Thor (any version again) tries to go against the Spectre.
- Thor (any version) gives the Spectre his very best.
- The Spectre decides to do one of two things:

a) If he has been given carte blanche by the Higher Authority he would merely erase Thor from existence.
b) If Spectre is not powered by the Higher Authority it means he is not basically the embodiment of the DC creator's will and power, but it also means one thing .....that the Spectre is mad and gone rogue. This is probably a worse situation than option a, because at least in the first option the Spectre was under control.
What happens in option b?
Well, the Spectre absorbs all the magic in the universe in an instant of madness (like he did when he killed Nabu), and goes on a rampage.
He obliterates Thor (and version).
But because he is mad he doesn't stop there ......he destroys Asgard.
But doesn't stop there.
He destroys Midgard.
He destroys Nifleim.
He destroys Valhalla.

Basically he brings about an end to the whole Norse structure, and becomes a one man bringer of Ragnarok.

Spectre 10/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by spetznaz
Thor is powerful.
Goodness, if I was given free reign over Thor's penmanship I'd make him into a really powerful beast (basically making him more in line with his Norse mythology roots, and thus not a hammer-totting brick, and still make him continue to be an entertaining character). Thor has many great attributes, and written well (and sadly for Thor it is an on-off thing) he is really amazing.

With that said, Thor (any version, from the 'I have a hammer to hit you on your noggin' version to the 'behold the mighty potence of the Odin force') has absolutely no business messing with the Spectre.
Especially under KMC rules, meaning that the spectre will be at his best.

This is what would happen:
- Thor (any version again) tries to go against the Spectre.
- Thor (any version) gives the Spectre his very best.
- The Spectre decides to do one of two things:

a) If he has been given carte blanche by the Higher Authority he would merely erase Thor from existence.
b) If Spectre is not powered by the Higher Authority it means he is not basically the embodiment of the DC creator's will and power, but it also means one thing .....that the Spectre is mad and gone rogue. This is probably a worse situation than option a, because at least in the first option the Spectre was under control.
What happens in option b?
Well, the Spectre absorbs all the magic in the universe in an instant of madness (like he did when he killed Nabu), and goes on a rampage.
He obliterates Thor (and version).
But because he is mad he doesn't stop there ......he destroys Asgard.
But doesn't stop there.
He destroys Midgard.
He destroys Nifleim.
He destroys Valhalla.

Basically he brings about an end to the whole Norse structure, and becomes a one man bringer of Ragnarok.

Spectre 10/10.

Agreed. yes

JohnR
The Spectre's sometimes a universe-level threat, but usually he's not. Assuming the Spectre can erase the universe with a thought is silly. He wasn't able to erase the Anti-Monitor during the first Crisis and during the recent mini (Day of Vengeance?), Black Adam was powerful enough to hurt him (briefly) and Captain Marvel empowered by the world's magic (or maybe humanity) was able to go toe-to-toe with him and looked like he was winning.

The Spectre never seems to be as low as say Dr. Fate, but his showings vary so much that saying that Odin wouldn't have a chance doesn't seem reasonable. If it's Day of Vengeance Spectre, Odin (or RKT) might have a chance. If it's the Spectre at some of his high showings, he'd win pretty easily.

batdude123
Thor has no business being in the same sentence as Spectre. While I like Thor a lot more, because there is more to his character, there's just no way he'd win. sad

supremthor
well that ends that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.