Spectre vs Anyone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman41082
Ok, who can beat The Spectre one on one. I'd like to hear any and all who you guys think could.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by superman41082
Ok, who can beat The Spectre one on one. I'd like to hear any and all who you guys think could.

If Spectre was properly conceived then no regular hero like Thor, Superman or SS should be able to beat him. But unfortunately the history of spectre has gone through so many transformations and is so full of inconsistencies that there could be ways that even much less powerful heroes could take him out.

superman41082
I mean in his most powerful incarnation. The omnipotent ghost thing.......... How can that be beat????

There has to be some kind of tactic or weapon to beat him. I mean, even Galactus is scared of the Ultimate Nullifier. What's Spectre scared of????

batdude123
The Presence.

Etrigan
That's about it.

Could Black Bolt's scream drive him off?

superman41082
Ahhhhhh, The Presence. Uhhhhhhhm, it's hard to tell what could actually hurt him. Spectre is a completely different kind of character, and who knows, maybe it's allergic to some kind of life energy possessed by something or someone. They could give him any kind of an arbitrary weakness, though none are known right now to my knowledge. If someone were to beat him, I'd say that someone like Batman would fair just as well as anyone else. He's a smarty-pants!

S.S
Originally posted by batdude123
The Presence.
yes
Originally posted by Etrigan
That's about it.

Could Black Bolt's scream drive him off?
no
Ahhhhhh, The Presence. Uhhhhhhhm, it's hard to tell what could actually hurt him. Spectre is a completely different kind of character, and who knows, maybe it's allergic to some kind of life energy possessed by something or someone. They could give him any kind of an arbitrary weakness, though none are known right now to my knowledge. If someone were to beat him, I'd say that someone like Batman would fair just as well as anyone else. He's a smarty-pants!
Excuse me didn't get that..........confused

juggernaut66666
nice sig S.S

dman2008
Originally posted by aliveinboston
If Spectre was properly conceived then no regular hero like Thor, Superman or SS should be able to beat him. But unfortunately the history of spectre has gone through so many transformations and is so full of inconsistencies that there could be ways that even much less powerful heroes could take him out.

no

S.S
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
nice sig S.S
Thanks............ smile

superman41082

Translation: Spectre could have some sort of uknown weakenss, and the reason I mentioned Batman's name in there, is because if anyone has a chance of finding a weakness, Batman's just the kind of guy to do it.

dman2008

Translation: Spectre could have some sort of uknown weakenss, and the reason I mentioned Batman's name in there, is because if anyone has a chance of finding a weakness, Batman's just the kind of guy to do it.
no

superman41082
How do you know he doesn't have some kind of weakness? Are you maste of the universe and know it all? Before Kryptonite, no one knew of anything that could hurt Superman, but they found something. The point is, everything has it's strong points, and it's weak ones. Threre's at least a possibility that Spectre has some kind of weakness. It could be anything. It's such an odd character I couldn't predict what it might be, but if there's even one weakness, Batman could find it.

S.S
How do you know he doesn't have some kind of weakness? Are you maste of the universe and know it all? It could be anything, and if there's even one weakness, Batman could find it.
You're saying that Batman can beat the Spectre...........What the f**k?

dman2008
How do you know he doesn't have some kind of weakness? Are you maste of the universe and know it all? It could be anything, and if there's even one weakness, Batman could find it.

Spectre only has one weakness the spear of destiny.
However at the moment it is in the sun ( at least thats what I remember from the Day of Judgment mini) and Batmans not nearly powerful to use the spear.

so no Batman can't find any weaknesses in the spectre sorry roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
The Presence and TOAA are the only two guys that come to mind.

dman2008

you forgot batman eek!

superman41082
I wasn't aware of the Spear of Destiny. See, that's something. He could have Supes go and get it. They're buds. Batman's especially thrifty as well. There might be something more accessible that he could find. That's all that I'm saying. If someone were to beat him, it'd take someone with a savy sense of creativity, like a Batman.

However, I do understand your perspective.

S.S
I wasn't aware of the Spear of Destiny. See, that's something. He could have Supes go and get it. They're buds. Batman's especially thrifty as well. There might be something more accessible that he could find. That's all that I'm saying. If someone were to beat him, it'd take someone with a savy sense of creativity, like a Batman.

However, I do understand your perspective.
No it would take someone like God.

superman41082
Originally posted by S.S
No it would take someone like God.

Ehhhhhh. You guys are just being turds.

batdude123
Poop. big grin

S.S
Ehhhhhh. You guys are just being turds.
Ok you just joined yesterday and you lost an arguement so you have to start calling people names real nice........... roll eyes (sarcastic)

You obviously lack knowledge on the Spectre no conventinal hero can beat him simple as that.

superman41082
I was just joking with you guys. Lighten up. I know enough about Spectre. In no way did I say that Batman could beat him. I said that if there is a weakness that we don't know about, Batman would be the type of guy to find it. What's so wrong with that?

And stop being a turd(jk).

S.S
I was just joking with you guys. Lighten up. I know enough about Spectre. In no way did I say that Batman could beat him. I said that if there is a weakness that we don't know about, Batman would be the type of guy to find it. What's so wrong with that?

And stop being a turd(jk).
If he had such a weaknest it would of been used on him long ago.....

Juntai
Originally posted by dman2008
Spectre only has one weakness the spear of destiny.
However at the moment it is in the sun ( at least thats what I remember from the Day of Judgment mini) and Batmans not nearly powerful to use the spear.

so no Batman can't find any weaknesses in the spectre sorry roll eyes (sarcastic) Spear of Destiny is in one of the more current storyarcs that is either still going on, or just recently ended, in JSA Classified.

superman41082
S.S.

Ok dude. I honestly understand your perspective, and I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk or claiming to have knowledge that I don't, but Spector has never been pursued by someone like Batman. Once again, if there were something to use against him, Batman would be the kind of guy to find it, not that I'm saying that there is. I'd say that Batman with prep-time, would fare better than someone like Colossus.

Seriously though, peace man.

Juntai
S.S.

Ok dude. I honestly understand your perspective, and I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk or claiming to have knowledge that I don't, but Spector has never been pursued by someone like Batman. Once again, if there were something to use against him, Batman would be the kind of guy to find it, not that I'm saying that there is. I'd say that Batman with prep-time, would fare better than someone like Colossus.

Seriously though, peace man. In a sense, I suppose, but neither really stand a chance, even together.

superman41082
Juntai.

First I like your sig. 2nd, thank you for getting what I was actually saying and not putting words in my mouth.

S.S
Juntai.

First I like your sig. 2nd, thank you for getting what I was actually saying and not putting words in my mouth.
I wonder who did the sig for him........shifty
And are you reffering to me putting words in your mouth?
I was simply posting what I got out of it.Which was that batman can beat Spectre if he had a weakess he can exploit.....

superman41082
S.S.

Why do you wonder who did my sig????

S.S
S.S.

HUH? I quoted you because you gave Juntai a compliment on his sig which I made for him.Hence why I said "I wonder who did the sig for him".

dman2008
S.S.

he was talking about Juntai's sig

he was also being sarcastic

He made Juntai's sig

superman41082
S.S.

Yours rocks, too! How do you make them and what's so hard about using them in your user name?

Someone had to do mine for me.......

And yes I see now.....

S.S
S.S.

Yours rocks, too! How do you make them and what's so hard about using them in your user name?

Someone had to do mine for me.......

And yes I see now.....
Check the Signarure forum right here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f76/

bean_machine
How do you know he doesn't have some kind of weakness? Are you maste of the universe and know it all? Before Kryptonite, no one knew of anything that could hurt Superman, but they found something. The point is, everything has it's strong points, and it's weak ones. Threre's at least a possibility that Spectre has some kind of weakness. It could be anything. It's such an odd character I couldn't predict what it might be, but if there's even one weakness, Batman could find it.

Beings have weaknesses in order to have a plot in order to have a story. How much fun would it be if there was an all powerful being always there to win no matter what?

superman41082
Originally posted by bean_machine
Beings have weaknesses in order to have a plot in order to have a story. How much fun would it be if there was an all powerful being always there to win no matter what?

Yeah, that was kind of my point, and my other was that Batman is the kind of guy to be able to find it, but, who knows if it'll be something he can find.....

djhiram
id say the brothers would put a stop to spectre
even LT was awed by these guys

D-Block
Michael or Mornignstar

Mider
the brothers lucifer told him to piss off and he went off with his head hung low, micheal too

the spear of destiny can hurt him pretty badly

the presance of course can womp him since it is his power source

and lets not forget the LT no im just joking LT would make an excuse like IM TO GOOD FOR THIS FIGHT AND BESIDE THAT THE TOILET IS RUNNING MUST GO TAKE CARE OF IT THE MULTIVERSE REQUIRES SUCH AN ACTION UMM BYE!

Rick/Genis
Then he says "Mider is being a dork" and decides he would be better as a role of toilet paper. "So commands the Judgement of the Living Tribunal" smile

Blair Wind
Black Adam shifty

http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=7f423_spectree.jpg
http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=b9d9d_spectree2.jpg

Mider
yeah he might do that if he had the power so he'd try to then remeber he's just a jobber maybe the greatest of all jobbers, and im not a comic character even im greater then the LT

djhiram
Originally posted by D-Block
Michael or Mornignstar
neither...these brothers
marvunapp.com/Appendix/brothers.htm

Mider
the morningstar brothers can do it as well

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Mider
yeah he might do that if he had the power so he'd try to then remeber he's just a jobber maybe the greatest of all jobbers, and im not a comic character even im greater then the LT

Who cares IF he's a jobber? This is a hypothetical thread.

So you're saying if written correctly he could beat the spectre??

the Darkone
IMOP, These the only beings that can beat or stalemate him: Living Tribunal/White Crown Phoenix/True Beyonder/Great Evil Beast/ ArchAngel Michael/ Lucifer Morning Star

Mider
not once not even in what ifs has the LT been shown to be able to do very much that he claims to do not ONCE! spectre has only time LT has been shown to be impressive is when he held back the brothers in DC vs Marvel i think he did that.

Rick/Genis
Lets not forget about the time he TURNED OFF one of the Infinite Gems... you know... THAT'S not that impressive....

grey fox
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
Lets not forget about the time he TURNED OFF one of the Infinite Gems... you know... THAT'S not that impressive....

You do know their powered by the big bang right ?

Rick/Genis
I was being Sarcastic. He thinks LT is worthless... I think he's not very educated.

grey fox
I was being Sarcastic. He thinks LT is worthless... I think he's not very educated.

I had a feeling you were....

Thanos_6383

I say Great Evil Beast

GalacticStorm

To be fair turning off the Infinity Gems isnt an impressive feat. They arent sentient beings who can fight back, theyre artifacts, they rely on a wielder to employ their power. When said gems did have a wielder in the form of Adam Warlock LT more or less agreed on panel that he didnt know how his power would fare against the gauntlet and he said he would need to engage Adam in a reality destroying conflict in an attempt to enforce his ruling. Wanting to avoid a confrontation LT talked Adam out of opposing his ruling, LT agreed AND THEN the ruling went through.

Xplosive

And the Great Evil Beast, Phoenix Force, and probably two Angel brothers. I think that is it.
Only weakness of Spectre is the one that can overpower him.
And I think those five are the only one than can do it.

Mordum
Phoenix force,Goblin force,Brothers,HOTu thanos,Anti monitor.....Millenium giants?!@!??

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
To be fair turning off the Infinity Gems isnt an impressive feat. They arent sentient beings who can fight back, theyre artifacts, they rely on a wielder to employ their power. When said gems did have a wielder in the form of Adam Warlock LT more or less agreed on panel that he didnt know how his power would fare against the gauntlet and he said he would need to engage Adam in a reality destroying conflict in an attempt to enforce his ruling. Wanting to avoid a confrontation LT talked Adam out of opposing his ruling, LT agreed AND THEN the ruling went through.

Don't ENCORAGE MIDER mad smile laughing

kevdude
The Presence, The Great Evil Beast, The Source, The Voice, The Word(Logos), Lucifer, Michael, White Crown Phoenix, Thats about it that could beat him.

Milkie
SPECTRE BEATS EVERYONE BECAUSE the Darkone & newjak86 SAYS GOD CAN GIVE HIM ALL HIS POWERS AND HE CAN SEND EVERYONE IN THE SUN AND BLOW IT UP AND CREATE A NEW ONE AND CREATE ANOTHER EARTH AND TALK TO ANYTHING LIKE CARS AND TRAINS AND AIR PLANES AND HE CAN COME OUT OF THE COMIC BOOK AND TALK TO YOU ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND FEED YOU CHEESE.

Dayscribe
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Black Adam shifty

http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=7f423_spectree.jpg
http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=b9d9d_spectree2.jpg

eek!

Mr Master
I mean in his most powerful incarnation. The omnipotent ghost thing.......... How can that be beat????

There has to be some kind of tactic or weapon to beat him. I mean, even Galactus is scared of the Ultimate Nullifier. What's Spectre scared of????

Just about anyone with the Spear of Destiny can beat Spectre, and if you've got someone magically inclined wielding the Spear, then Spectre would be killed easily.

newjak86
Originally posted by Dayscribe
eek! Don't read to much into it BA looses and if you pay close attention you see that Spectre looks bad from the visual perspective but doesn't really seem all that fazed from the attacks.

Mider
its the truth though even adam warlock has affected the mind gem so it cant work to full potential so the LT doing something to them doesnt mean squat he could have put something like a code in them to allow them to be reactivated when he wanted that doesnt mean he just snaped his fingers and turned them off, and its the same LT who was like well i dont know if i can beat the IG

Dayscribe
Originally posted by newjak86
Don't read to much into it BA looses and if you pay close attention you see that Spectre looks bad from the visual perspective but doesn't really seem all that fazed from the attacks.

It's still damn cool. I like seeing walking plot devices get thrashed.

Tassadar
The Saint of Killers

Avalonofthewind
Unicron wink

TheKahn
How about Dr. Manhattan? shifty

Dayscribe
If he has a soul, Raziel can eat him! eek!

Sorry. Soul Reaver fan.

djhiram
goku big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.