how come when lotr came on........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
a couple of weeks ago on tbs they made it seem like frodo and sam were a couple

DanielLB
I dont know. I live in UK and saw one of the adverts and i see what you mean. I think they were just trying to get across the friendship between the two, and which is also a major theme in the booksmile

rox
glad to know i am not the only one

Smodden
I don't know what you're talking about

A.D. Skinner
This is such an old topic of conversation...

...please search the threads before posting rubbish like this.

DanielLB
In addition to my early comment, i would also like to point something out. Now, ive never relised it before but in FOTR when Sam goes after Frodo and drowns, and we see the hand shot in the water, it is the same but reversed in ROTK when Frodo is hanging off the Cracks of Doom!

I think this is a very beautiful and excellent thing that PJ has done to show the friendship and couarge between the to <----even if some of us are a little slow at picking it up!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Belegūr
Typically speaking, an intimate relationship between two males is often seen as being homosexual, (at least in Western-culture).

DanielLB
I know, but it souldnt! Its terrible that it is even though that Frodo and Sam are ''gay'' together!

Belegūr
Meh. I don't really care what ya'aqovs think. There's a difference between homosexual love and the love a man feels towards his male-friend, (although they can be related).

Draugwen
I too think it happens waaay too often that a strong friendship between males is immediately seen as something homosexual... I wonder if these people know what a good strong friendship is like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.