Which is the best horror sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Now, this is just for part 2 and not any of the other parts in the series....only the first sequel to the original...which sequel is the best to the original? I repeat, just part 2 only....here is my list of the top 10 best horror sequels of all time....

1. Friday the 13th part 2

2. The Devil's Rejects

3. Halloween II

4. Hellbound : Hellraiser II

5. Nightmare on Elm Street 2 : Freddy's Revenge

6. Evil Dead 2 : Dead by Dawn

7. Saw II

8. The Bride of Frankenstein

9. Dawn of the Dead

10. Silence of the Lambs

These are my top 10 favorite sequels...it was a tough choice, but these would probably be it...what would you're top 10 list be?

C-Dic
"Hellbound: Hellraiser 2" IMO.

BackFire
Dawn of the Dead.

Wolfie
Evil Dead 2

Impediment
I dont have a "Top 10" list, per se, but my favorite sequles, in no particular order, are:

-Evil Dead 2
-Dawn of the Dead
-The Devil's Rejects
-Hellbound: Hellraiser II

deathbycorn
Aliens was a great sequel IMO.

Comicbook_kid
This might sound like a dumb question, but can someone tell me what IMO stands for? I see that all the time, but I don't know what it means...

And another thing, can someone tell me how you make the picture that appears in your comment box like deathbycorn's "Children of the Corn" series pic above? That's really cool, and I would like to do something like that, but I don't know how. Can someone help me?

And lastly, I personally loved "Phantasm II"....but then again, I loved all of the "Phantasm" films....

Impediment
IMO means "In my opinion". I's quicker to type that.

The pictures in our comment space are called signatures. You can go here and here to read the threads about how to get a signature and also an avatar that is suitable to your liking.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
This might sound like a dumb question, but can someone tell me what IMO stands for? I see that all the time, but I don't know what it means...

And another thing, can someone tell me how you make the picture that appears in your comment box like deathbycorn's "Children of the Corn" series pic above? That's really cool, and I would like to do something like that, but I don't know how. Can someone help me?

And lastly, I personally loved "Phantasm II"....but then again, I loved all of the "Phantasm" films....
IMO = In My Opinion

That's a signature. You can edit yours in your account settings. You will need a picture ready or make one if you want a picture in your sig. Or you can write something there.

I've only seen the first Phantasm. It's pretty good. The only other Phantasm that's available at the video store I work at is Phantasm OblIVion.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Wolfie
IMO = In My Opinion

That's a signature. You can edit yours in your account settings. You will need a picture ready or make one if you want a picture in your sig. Or you can write something there.

I've only seen the first Phantasm. It's pretty good. The only other Phantasm that's available at the video store I work at is Phantasm OblIVion.

Thanks for the info wink ....Appreciate it! And yep, sadly "Phantasm" and "Phantasm IV : Oblivion" are the only two that are available on VHS and DVD anymore...parts II and III are out of print on VHS and have not been put on DVD as of yet...unless you order them from overseas...(like a friend of mine did, and he burned them for me!!!)

Xtremechik2
Child's Play 2

2D_MASTER
EVIL DEAD 2 ! HANDS FAWKING DOWN. Ash getts his chainsaw hand and his fawking boostick. Talk about a wonderfull ending.

steverules
I liked

Hellraiser 2 hellbound
Halloween 2
Aliens

K.Diddy
Friday the 13th part 2

Best sequel in the horror world.

C-Dic
Personally, I have a hard time recognizing "Dawn of the Dead" as a Horror. I think it holds more sentimental value for most, than anything else. Horrible make-up. Bad effects. Cool characters, and spot on acting and dialogue, but other than that...there was no real atmosphere.

It's a heavy social commentary with very little in the way of solid spooks.

papabeard
You can get all the phantasm films on DVD, and you get a silver globe box set also.
Best Sequels :

Aliens
Halloween 2
Evil Dead 2
Hellraiser 2

To Suffer
Saw 2 and Red Dragon. Does Red Dragon count as a sequel, because Hannibal wasn't as good. Hannibal was mediocre, Red Dragon was good.

papabeard
Silence of the Lambs is the sequel, Manhunter was the original film, it and Red Dragon are based on the first ( and best ) Thomas Harris novel, Red Dragon.

Myers Kicks Ass
Aliens
scream 2
halloween 2
saw 2
hellraiser 2
there arent that many good part 2s

Mider
hellbound and silence of the lambs come to mind, halloween is good as well.

Ena
scream 2
saw 2

anything with Paris hiltons attempts of acting is a horror film lol

Mac Murphy
Dog Soldiers 2 looks incredible! None so far theough. By the way what was the first movie in the Devil's Rejects franchise called?

Mac xx

killerpartyMAN
backfire wats your prob. those pics of wat u say is dawn of the dead are leatherface pics mad smokin'

DarthMaul9123
hahaha
someones pissed

Jenova
Silence of the Lambs
never knew it was a sequel...

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Mac Murphy
Dog Soldiers 2 looks incredible! None so far theough. By the way what was the first movie in the Devil's Rejects franchise called?

Mac xx

The Devil's Rejects is a sequel to Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses"....both are great flicks.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Jenova
Silence of the Lambs
never knew it was a sequel...

Yep, sure is....in fact, it's the sequel to "Red Dragon"; Silence of the Lambs is a sequel to the mid-eighties"Manhunter", which was later remade under the title of "Red Dragon"...which is the first (and some say the best) in Thomas Harris' trilogy of novels.

Comicbook_kid
Yep, sure is....in fact, it's the sequel to "Red Dragon"; Silence of the Lambs is a sequel to the mid-eighties flick "Manhunter", which was later remade under the title of "Red Dragon"...which is the first (and some say the best) in Thomas Harris' trilogy of novels.

"Manhunter" is the first appearance of Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter on film; but he was not portrayed by Anthony Hopkins but another actor instead....and some horror fans actually prefer this actor over Anthony Hopkins. Hannibal Lecter is not the main character in the film either; instead "The Tooth Fairy" is the main villain, and Hannibal Lecter has a small part in the over-all film.

2D_MASTER
Thanks for the info wink ....Appreciate it! And yep, sadly "Phantasm" and "Phantasm IV : Oblivion" are the only two that are available on VHS and DVD anymore...parts II and III are out of print on VHS and have not been put on DVD as of yet...unless you order them from overseas...(like a friend of mine did, and he burned them for me!!!)

Phantasm 1&3 were pretty good . part two was ok. But the first Phantasm will allways be a fawking classic.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Phantasm 1&3 were pretty good . part two was ok. But the first Phantasm will allways be a fawking classic.

wink Oh yeah!!! The first Phantasm is an absolute Horror masterpiece, and is probably my all-time favorite horror movie of all time. I liked all of the Phantasm's, but like you, the first one is a classic and is definately the best and my favorite of the series...!!!

circut_shortage
Final Destination 3
Scream 2
Silence of the Lambs
Halloween 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.