Japanese Cyberpunk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-Dic
My love for the genre was reignited today with the purchase of "Pinocchio 964", and was curious if there were any other fans of Japanese Cyberpunk, or cyberpunk in general.

Flicks like Tetsuo, Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer, A Snake of June, and Videodrome are all great examples. I'm looking to own or atleast see Rubber's Lover and Electirc Dragon 80,000 Volts, which is due in late June, on DVD.

Alpha Centauri
Electric Dragon and the Tetsuo movies are great. I wouldn't call Tetsuo cyberpunk.

2002 is a great movie though.

-AC

MildPossession
I adore your Giger images Alpha, love the artists work.

The first Tetsuo was good, but the second one was pretty awful imo, didn't enjoy it at all. Tetsuo is definitely in the sub genre of cyber punk.

Videodrome I think is fabulous, eXistenz is a favourite also of mine from Cronenberg, a lot of people seemed to dislike it though.

Casshern, Twelve Monkeys, Hackers, Akira, Eraserhead are a few more I liked that can be considered cyber punk, and some as influences(Eraserhead).

There are lots of films out there that can fall into cyberpunk.

tabby999
pardon my ignorance, but can someone tell me what cyberpunk is? its not like "mathcore" or "doommetal" is it (i.e a pointless name given to something becuase it can)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.